Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Relaxation of Restrictions, Part VII *Read OP For Mod Warnings*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,784 ✭✭✭froog

If it’s hell why are you here?

i am compelled to correct and challenge false information on the internet, in particular with respect to covid. who knows, if more people did it maybe we wouldn't be where we are now.

cheezums wrote: »
    you think opening up for christmas was "worth it"? am i reading your post right??

What is your suggestion? Stay in lockdown to avoid lockdown?

I’m in Dublin, we were locked down since basically last March apart from July, August and a week or two in December.

The big mistake was not opening up between May and September when people here were screaming for it and the rest of Europe was open.

We ended up more fatigued than any country in Europe and it backfired massively.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,426 ✭✭✭FintanMcluskey

froog wrote: »
    i am compelled to correct and challenge false information on the internet, in particular with respect to covid. who knows, if more people did it maybe we wouldn't be where we are now.

Well done one of the funniest posts I’ve read.

It’s not where we are I’m worried about, it’s where we’re going back too

• Registered Users Posts: 3,784 ✭✭✭froog

Well done one of the funniest posts I’ve read.

It’s not where we are I’m worried about, it’s where we’re going back too

going to back to what? an under control pandemic?

47akak wrote: »
    Moving the goalposts? You mean adapting to an exponential growth in cases?

Nobody has a monopoly on being "sick of it". Everyone is. It will be level 2/3 if the population can maintain discipline and not do what was done over Xmas 2020, destroying all the good work that went before in a 72 hour period because they can't sit out just one Xmas.

We will be sitting out all Christmas seasons from now on!

No deaths or busy hospitals from transmissible respiratory illnesses are acceptable.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,018 ✭✭✭✭JRant

Boggles wrote: »
    You want me to look up your BS accusation?

How would one go about doing that exactly? :confused:

I think we will leave there if you are not noble enough to retract your dishonest accusation and apologize.

You know what Boggles, I have no intentions of dragging this one on. If you haven't been in favour of restrictions then consider it with withdrawn. Apologies if I took you up wrong.

"Well, yeah, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man"

• Registered Users Posts: 33,095 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

6110 cases..... lockdown ain't going anywhere for a long time

gmisk wrote: »

Guess we should start jabbing people in the arm instead of having thousands of vaccines sitting in freezers.

• Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭47akak

We will be sitting out all Christmas seasons from now on!

No deaths or busy hospitals from transmissible respiratory illnesses are acceptable.

No we won't. It's one Xmas. Vaccines are coming.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,010 ✭✭✭GooglePlus

Guess we should start jabbing people in the arm instead of having thousands of vaccines sitting in freezers.

Good one. You've probably already been told why they're sitting there but decided to ignore that information.

• Advertisement

47akak wrote: »
    No we won't. It's one Xmas. Vaccines are coming.

We have vaccines for flu and it still overwhelms the health service every year.

We already are no?...
    You do know they aren't normal freezers right...

https://www.rte.ie/news/2021/0104/1187510-schools-covid-health/

Mary Lou "very concerned" and that empty vessel Donnelly not willing to make a call till after a cabinet meeting on Wednesday. The shambles rolls on and on.

I would sincerely doubt enough people get the flu vaccine every year though.
    A lot more have this year obviously.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,614 ✭✭✭Real Donald Trump

gmisk wrote: »

There will be a lot of posters in the main covid thread happy to hear that.

At the end of the day, if hospitals get overwhelmed we only have ourselves to blame. Our health service gets overwhelmed every year and nothing ever changes despite the fact we pump in billions of euro each year.

We have done f*ck all to really boost capacity in 10 months and that should be the real talking point.

We done nothing about flights coming in from all over the world because we don’t want to upset other countries.

We have vaccines sitting there for over a week now, use the f*cking things!!!

Blaming people is pathetic. The real issue is that we have a respiratory illness and an incompetent government/CMO and health service that are not fit for purpose.

I see they are ploughing ahead up north with their vaccination program. They're well on the way to have their most vulnerable population vaccinated fairly lively.

• Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭47akak

Ask the people in this thread who intend to refuse the vaccine and who don't adhere to guidelines.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,074 ✭✭✭✭normanoffside

Tony's concern level is now:

'The most concerned we have ever been during this pandemic'.

Is that higher than 'Gravely concerned' on the Concern 'o' Meter?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,851 ✭✭✭✭average_runner

At the end of the day, if hospitals get overwhelmed we only have ourselves to blame. Our health service gets overwhelmed every year and nothing ever changes despite the fact we pump in billions of euro each year.

We have done f*ck all to really boost capacity in 10 months and that should be the real talking point.

We done nothing about flights coming in from all over the world because we don’t want to upset other countries.

We have vaccines sitting there for over a week now, use the f*cking things!!!

Blaming people is pathetic. The real issue is that we have a respiratory illness and an incompetent government/CMO and health service that are not fit for purpose.

So the whole world is incompetent also

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,565 ✭✭✭JeffKenna

Tony's concern level is now:

'The most concerned we have ever been during this pandemic'.

Is that higher than 'Gravely concerned' on the Concern 'o' Meter?

It might break him and send him on a bender.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,029 ✭✭✭SusieBlue

Penfailed wrote: »
    When asked what your alternative was, you didn't answer. You listed things they did wrong in the beginning along with everywhere else. You then say there should be a few other steps taken with no substance as to what those steps are. Then you have a go at MM and TH. To sum up - not answering the actual question, have a go at the usual suspects, loads of thanks for your post. Pretty standard for this thread.

You’ve been following & posting on these threads for long enough to know that I’ve posted my own theories on how this should be handled numerous times, and it hasn’t changed.

Focus on targeting the areas that are actually contributing towards the spread.
    In our case, hospitals, nursing homes, direct provision centres, and private households mixing.
    Stop scapegoating and punishing industries who are not responsible for nor are contributing towards the spread. Such as hairdressers, gyms, and counselling facilities (just a few of many examples).
    Stop putting the people in those industries out of work just to be seen to be doing something instead of addressing the things that are causing the cases to rise, and stop going nuclear and pressing the level 5 button every few weeks.
    I wouldn’t have thought that was a particularly contrary position to take, but clearly not.

The issues in hospitals and nursing homes are current and up to date btw, unfortunately we haven’t gotten a handle on any of those outbreaks since all this began. I wish they had just gotten it wrong in the beginning but there’s no improvement that I can see.

Pretty standard for you to take issue with a post criticising our response to managing the virus. For someone who claims to also be unhappy with the lockdowns you sure seem to do all you can to defend them & the governments plan at all costs. Weird.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,074 ✭✭✭✭normanoffside

JeffKenna wrote: »
    It might break him and send him on a bender.

His wonky 20 year old IT system is called Cider :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 23,755 ✭✭✭✭pjohnson

So the whole world is incompetent also

The lengths they go to to absolve people from their own responsibilities is gas.

I see the people themselves are now responsible for a archaic computer system and inadequate health service 10 months on.

Some people are a fascinating insight into the 1950s Catholic Church mindset.

Flu like symptoms “Just assume it covid “ another gem from Phoney Tony
    Unbelievable thing to say. We can’t test you so assume it’s covid. Absolute joke shop now.

If you have flu like symptoms it is likely Covid as there is no flu in circulation. That’s a statement of fact.

• Registered Users Posts: 581 ✭✭✭Pitch n Putt

If you have flu like symptoms it is likely Covid as there is no flu in circulation. That’s a statement of fact.

A man in Dr Tony’s position shouldn’t be speaking like this.

You can’t assume anything it’s a ridiculous statement to make and that is a fact....

Should he not have said COVID like symptoms though?

I see Tony said that now is not the time to debate “Why we are where we are”.

Well hopefully there will be a tribunal in the future and people will be held to account.

But we all know that won’t happen.

• Advertisement

A man in Dr Tony’s position shouldn’t be speaking like this.

You can’t assume anything it’s a ridiculous statement to make and that is a fact....

It sure is, especially as Rains points out there is no flu in circulation. Far easier to just say "if you have COVID like symptoms assume it's COVID and act accordingly".

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement