Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Relaxation of Restrictions, Part VII *Read OP For Mod Warnings*

Options

Comments

You really need to stop with this. Most of us are leaving our homes for short periods, whether to get a coffee, groceries, send post, whatever.

I'm not going to forego a coffee if I am out and want one. I have seen loads of people queuing for coffee in masks and socially distanced.

I am pretty sure you have lived a little as well. Although I know you will never admit it.

What were you doing casually wandering into the two hospitals you said you were in when you saw loads of people without masks? Did you leave immediately when you realised it was a high risk situation (if in fact you did actually see that. You never named the hospitals when asked).

I am anti lockdown and have been out lots over the last few months. Still out almost every day. So I think you misread me there.

What annoys me is posters like the one I replied to.

She acts as though everybody else is to blame for the virus spreading and she is innocent. While she has admitted before to being out and about.

I’m sick to death of that attitude. I was out today doing insert action and somebody else was out doing insert action. It’s pathetic

• Registered Users Posts: 585 ✭✭✭Windmill100000

I am anti lockdown and have been out lots over the last few months. Still out almost every day. So I think you misread me there.

What annoys me is posters like the one I replied to.

She acts as though everybody else is to blame for the virus spreading and she is innocent. While she has admitted before to being out and about.

I’m sick to death of that attitude. I was out today doing insert action and somebody else was out doing insert action. It’s pathetic

To be honest wondering around hospitals is more high risk than most activities that have been mentioned on here. You could potentially be passing covid on to people that work with the very sick, or get it from a health worker and pass it on to your own loved ones. Just saying.

How exactly can you tell anything about the inner workings of NPHET?

You seem to be projecting a whole lot onto the CMO as some kind of personal hate figure, with zero evidence to justify this.

NPHET disagreed that nationwide level 3 was needed in early October.

Tony returned.

48 hours later they wanted level 5.

To be honest wondering around hospitals is more high risk than most activities that have been mentioned on here. You could potentially be passing covid on to people that work with the very sick, or get it from a health worker and pass it on to your own loved ones. Just saying.

I had appointments

• Registered Users Posts: 29,116 ✭✭✭✭AndrewJRenko

NPHET disagreed that nationwide level 3 was needed in early October.

Tony returned.

48 hours later they wanted level 5.

That was around the weekend when the case numbers jumped to 600-odd, right?

• Advertisement

I had appointments

Oh really? Outpatients in Dublin was it? You never mentioned that when asked before. And the two hospitals where most workers had no masks on. They were?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,029 ✭✭✭SusieBlue

You know Susie, at one time I actually regarded you as a poster with some level of intelligence. Now i see I misjudged you.

You were far from polite on the other thread, and now you are making up lies. I never once said that I would be happy for other people not to have christmas to save lives. Newsflash, did it occur to you that I have been isolated from my own family for nearly ten months too? I couldn't even be with my mother before she died, and had to stay 2 meters away from my brothers at her socially distanced funeral in April - the last time I saw them.

The whole costa thing is pathetic and has been explained over and over, but you know what, whatever. I'm done with it. I'm not going to explain myself over it again. Believe what you want. Be thankful that at the end of this your family will most likely all still be alive.

I have nothing further to say to you. Lets agree that you don't care about my issues, and I no longer care about yours. Please block my posts and I'll block yours, and we'll never have to engage with each other again.

There you go with your personal insults, why should I bother to engage with someone so antagonistic and rude? What do you think remarks like that will achieve and add to the debate?
    You are being beyond childish and petty, grow up, seriously.

I believe you were the person you brought our exchange on the other thread into this one, with your complete lies about me saying I didn’t care about anyone and wasn’t willing to make any sacrifices for others.
    I note that you haven’t backed up those claims at all, which just shows they were a complete fabrication.
    I would never say such a thing.
    And I was perfectly polite on the other thread, I was simply trying to point that everyone is looking out for themselves and those they care about in this. For some that will mean more restrictions, for some, less.
    That isn’t an offensive or contrary opinion to hold and no matter how many times I tried to explain myself (and others on my behalf), you continued with the dramatics.

There is nothing worse than a hypocrite, I couldn’t care less how many times you go to Costa or wherever but the sanctimonious finger wagging while breaking is hard to stomach when you’ve broken the rules yourself. Own it, at least.

I have no intention of blocking your posts as they don’t bother me in the slightest, and I do care about your issues and what you’re going through, so there’s no agreement not to care on my part... There really is no need for such melodramatics :confused:
    I agree we should drop this though, because it’s derailing the thread and unfair on others.
    I said as much on the other thread only for you to continue the argument and then bring it up again here over two months later. Bizarre.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,426 ✭✭✭FintanMcluskey

Press Conference in UK right now and Professor Chris Whitty said they might have to bring back in restrictions next winter. Unreal.

Wouldn’t they have to?

Surely flu deaths must be prevented

That was around the weekend when the case numbers jumped to 600-odd, right?

I thought it wasn’t all about daily cases?
    Seems silly to use daily cases.

It’s certainly surprising that a 40 person team changed opinions so drastically in such a small space of time...

Oh really? Outpatients in Dublin was it? You never mentioned that when asked before. And the two hospitals where most workers had no masks on. They were?

James Hospital and the other was a maternity hospital. Not so much an appointment for me but I had to be there.

Mandatory masks probably wasn’t a thing back then to be fair.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 29,116 ✭✭✭✭AndrewJRenko

I thought it wasn’t all about daily cases?
    Seems silly to use daily cases.

It’s certainly surprising that a 40 person team changed opinions so drastically in such a small space of time...

Yeah, you and Leo were surprised, and now we're all paying the price as a result.

Maybe you'd be better off not inventing soap-opera fantasies about how NPHET operates and just listening to the experts instead?

Yeah, you and Leo were surprised, and now we're all paying the price as a result.

Maybe you'd be better off not inventing soap-opera fantasies about how NPHET operates and just listening to the experts instead?

We gave them the six week lockdown they wanted.

New members are been added for a reason

• Registered Users Posts: 7,602 ✭✭✭Penfailed

Stating that 450,000 + people are currently unemployed due to nonsense measures

Where are you getting the 450,000+ figure from?

Gigs '24 - Ben Ottewell and Ian Ball (Gomez), The Jesus & Mary Chain, The Smashing Pumpkins/Weezer, Pearl Jam, Green Day, Stendhal Festival, Forest Fest, Electric Picnic, Ride, PJ Harvey, Pixies, Public Service Broadcasting, Therapy?, IDLES(x2)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 455 ✭✭Parabellum9

Penfailed wrote: »
    Where are you getting the 450,000+ figure from?

That’s a figure I have heard many times as well, it makes sense when you realise they have basically put all non essential staff out of work yet again by closing the shops down.

SusieBlue wrote: »
    There you go with your personal insults, why should I bother to engage with someone so antagonistic and rude? What do you think remarks like that will achieve and add to the debate?
    You are being beyond childish and petty, grow up, seriously.

I believe you were the person you brought our exchange on the other thread into this one, with your complete lies about me saying I didn’t care about anyone and wasn’t willing to make any sacrifices for others.
    I note that you haven’t backed up those claims at all, which just shows they were a complete fabrication.
    I would never say such a thing.
    And I was perfectly polite on the other thread, I was simply trying to point that everyone is looking out for themselves and those they care about in this. For some that will mean more restrictions, for some, less.
    That isn’t an offensive or contrary opinion to hold and no matter how many times I tried to explain myself (and others on my behalf), you continued with the dramatics.

There is nothing worse than a hypocrite, I couldn’t care less how many times you go to Costa or wherever but the sanctimonious finger wagging while breaking is hard to stomach when you’ve broken the rules yourself. Own it, at least.

I have no intention of blocking your posts as they don’t bother me in the slightest, and I do care about your issues and what you’re going through, so there’s no agreement not to care on my part... There really is no need for such melodramatics :confused:
    I agree we should drop this though, because it’s derailing the thread and unfair on others.
    I said as much on the other thread only for you to continue the argument and then bring it up again here over two months later. Bizarre.

Talks about someone making personal insults, being antagonistic and rude...responds by making personal insults, being antagonistic and rude. Bizarre, yeah.

Gigs '24 - Ben Ottewell and Ian Ball (Gomez), The Jesus & Mary Chain, The Smashing Pumpkins/Weezer, Pearl Jam, Green Day, Stendhal Festival, Forest Fest, Electric Picnic, Ride, PJ Harvey, Pixies, Public Service Broadcasting, Therapy?, IDLES(x2)

That’s a figure I have heard many times as well, it makes sense when you realise they have basically put all non essential staff out of work yet again by closing the shops down.

Where have you heard it? This thread or an actual reputable source?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 455 ✭✭Parabellum9

Well this article is from April when non essential closed last, I’d assume we are at the same figures around now with yet another shunt off the cliff lockdown

https://www.thejournal.ie/unemployment-ireland-coronavirus-5064410-Apr2020/

James Hospital and the other was a maternity hospital. Not so much an appointment for me but I had to be there.

Mandatory masks probably wasn’t a thing back then to be fair.

Ok so the truth is you were at two hospitals last year, likely at the very start of the year if masks weren't even mandatory, and you used this forum to push an agenda the frontline staff in hospitals are adding to the spread in hospitals by basically not giving a **** about the very people they are entrusted to care for.

That was grossly unfair to health workers working in hospitals and sends a dangerous and false message to the general public.

I will say thank you, though, for at least clearing it up. You could have continued to ignore the questions.

Well this article is from April when non essential closed last, I’d assume we are at the same figures around now with yet another shunt off the cliff lockdown

https://www.thejournal.ie/unemployment-ireland-coronavirus-5064410-Apr2020/

Makes sense. Cheers.

The figure for people receiving the PUP is sitting at 355K at the moment.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,810 ✭✭✭hynesie08

https://www.rte.ie/news/business/2021/0105/1187758-pandemic-unemployment-payment-numbers/

330k on PUP, plus however many are on wage subsidy. 400k wouldn't be too far off imo.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 128 ✭✭Solar2021

Wouldn’t they have to?

Surely flu deaths must be prevented

Really don't get why he said that

Does he not realise almost everyone will be vaccinated by then?

All vulnerable to the disease anyway

Makes sense. Cheers.

The figure for people receiving the PUP is sitting at 355K at the moment.

That doesn’t include people on Normal welfare pre Covid. Not sure what that figure is

• Registered Users Posts: 8,029 ✭✭✭SusieBlue

Talks about someone making personal insults, being antagonistic and rude...responds by making personal insults, being antagonistic and rude. Bizarre, yeah.

Ah ok, so questioning someone’s intelligence in an attempt to belittle their point is absolutely grand (so grand in fact, you thanked that post) but pointing out that it’s petty and rude to resort to that kind of thing is a problem.

Those kinds of tactics are petty and rude, I don’t see how they could be anything else? But I don’t think Loueze in general is petty and rude. Unlike suggesting someone is unintelligent in general.

Thank god you’re an impartial voice of wisdom and reason in all of this.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,018 ✭✭✭✭JRant

Press Conference in UK right now and Professor Chris Whitty said they might have to bring back in restrictions next winter. Unreal.

That'll be the long game from now on. Next hospital trolley "crisis", lock her down and take in the roads.

"Well, yeah, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man"

Saw some stats over on the main thread.

68 hospital discharges, 79 admissions.
    So the numbers in hospital increased by 11? Wrong.

They increased by 71. So 60 catching it or testing positive while in hospital.

Looking like schools, construction, and manufacturing to be closed till at least the end of the month.

2020 - how shïtê was I?
    2021 - hold my beer...

JRant wrote: »
    Looking like schools, construction, and manufacturing to be closed till at least the end of the month.

2020 - how shïtê was I?
    2021 - hold my beer...

Easily be half a million or more out of work

I've long given up trying to make sense of the numbers. At this stage they just throw out any aul numbers they want.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,703 ✭✭✭Dr. Bre

I am resigned to staying at home for 2021

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,426 ✭✭✭FintanMcluskey

Likely admitted to hospital for another ailment

Tested positive on arrival

It’s getting to the stage where you need to start asking are the people in hospital sick with Covid or something else

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement