Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Relaxation of Restrictions, Part VII *Read OP For Mod Warnings*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,370 ✭✭✭pconn062

My wife's granny passed away last night. She was 96 years old and had a bad fall a few days ago where she broke her hip and she faded badly from there.

What's the first thing the GP mentioned doing when he arrived? A Covid test to see if Covid was the cause of death. That's despite her having no Covid related symptoms when she died?!

pconn062 wrote: »
    My wife's granny passed away last night. She was 96 years old and had a bad fall a few days ago where she broke her hip and she faded badly from there.

What's the first thing the GP mentioned doing when he arrived? A Covid test to see if Covid was the cause of death. That's despite her having no Covid related symptoms when she died?!

They do it to everyone. My cousin died of a heart attack and had to get a Covid test.

If they can put it down as a Covid death, they will

Firstly, sorry for your loss. They do this with everyone. A few people I know have mentioned it. Been doing it since day one.

WTF!!!! Really???

• Registered Users Posts: 5,370 ✭✭✭pconn062

tara2k wrote: »
    Firstly, sorry for your loss. They do this with everyone. A few people I know have mentioned it. Been doing it since day one.

Thank you. It can't be just me that thinks it's bizarre? I mean if she had symptoms fair enough but she had none at all.
    rusty cole wrote: »
    WTF!!!! Really???

Yes the GP mentioned getting a test done to see if Covid was a factor in her death, even though the fall was clearly the cause, that and she was 96 years old.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 38,477 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Sorry for your loss

In the grand scheme of things there is no actual meaningful exit plan from lockdown even with the vaccine. Living with covid plan is a farce, Level 1 is heavily restricted and not even near 'normal'

• Registered Users Posts: 2,597 ✭✭✭emeldc

Yes the GP mentioned getting a test done to see if Covid was a factor in her death, even though the fall was clearly the cause, that and she was 96 years old.
    If she had tested positive they may not have done an autopsy.

• Registered Users Posts: 186 ✭✭jd1983

Sorry for your lost. I suspect that's to determine what funeral arrangements are allowed (e.g. open/closed casket etc.)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,426 ✭✭✭FintanMcluskey

The sunk cost of lockdown being ignored

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.thestar.com/amp/news/canada/2021/01/04/more-young-men-in-western-canada-died-than-expected-last-year-and-not-just-because-of-covid-19.html

“ From May to October, 7,172 Canadians under the age of 45 died — 1,385 more than statisticians predicted for that time period.”

They do it to everyone. My cousin died of a heart attack and had to get a Covid test.

If they can put it down as a Covid death, they will

More hysterics and bullsh1t. It’s to determine how they handle the body rather than what they write on the death certificate.

• Advertisement

emeldc wrote: »
    More hysterics and bullsh1t. It’s to determine how they handle the body rather than what they write on the death certificate.

Well, if you die of a heart attack they test you for Covid. If you test positive, you go down as a Covid death.

This is not new information...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,789 ✭✭✭PowerToWait

Well, if you die of a heart attack they test you for Covid. If you test positive, you go down as a Covid death.

I’ve heard the same story you tell from a dozen or more people. I just don’t believe it. It’s lies.

But you might have survived the heart attack had it not been complicated by Covid.
    If you break your leg and test positive when admitted to hospital and are then unfortunate to pass away, do you think they should record the cause of death as a ‘broken leg’.

The proof of that will be when the cause of deaths are listed for 2020.

Excess deaths are normal but Covid accounts for thousands

Heart disease and cancer deaths will be way down of course

Many who don’t understand stats will accuse you of spreading mistruths of course

emeldc wrote: »
    But you might have survived the heart attack had it not been complicated by Covid.
    If you break your leg and test positive when admitted to hospital and are then unfortunate to pass away, do you think they should record the cause of death as a ‘broken leg’.

Clutching at straws now lad.

You could die in a car accident and it would be the same.

Suppose the Covid made you lose grip on the steering wheel

Did you ever see the Covid denotification sin the data. Do you know what these are? Legally as Covid is a notifiable disease, if someone Covid positive dies this must but reported to the HSPC. It cases where It is determined by the coroner that Covid was not a factor the death will be denotified.

This will continue to be ignored however

I’ve heard the same story you tell from a dozen or more people. I just don’t believe it. It’s lies.

And it’s ok to believe that.

But deaths, hospital numbers and ICU numbers are all the same. You just need a positive test and you’re included in the numbers.

If I was in a helicopter crash tonight and needed ICU, they’d test me for Covid. If I tested positive, ICU would increase by 1 on the dashboard.

The proof of that will be when the cause of deaths are listed for 2020.

Excess deaths are normal but Covid accounts for thousands

Heart disease and cancer deaths will be way down of course

Many who don’t understand stats will accuse you of spreading mistruths of course

He is spreading mistruths, and it also clear who those who don’t understand stats are

Clutching at straws now lad.

You could die in a car accident and it would be the same.

Suppose the Covid made you lose grip on the steering wheel

Really, link for that one. Lad.

Did you ever see the Covid denotification sin the data. Do you know what these are? Legally as Covid is a notifiable disease, if someone Covid positive dies this must but reported to the HSPC. It cases where It is determined by the coroner that Covid was not a factor the death will be denotified.

And what about all the cases were they can’t be 100% sure, they’ll just leave it on.

As above poster proved. Maybe Covid played a role in a heart attack...

• Advertisement

And it’s ok to believe that.

But deaths, hospital numbers and ICU numbers are all the same. You just need a positive test and you’re included in the numbers.

If I was in a helicopter crash tonight and needed ICU, they’d test me for Covid. If I tested positive, ICU would increase by 1 on the dashboard.

Would you be in ICU and would you have Covid? Because it would impact the way you were treated once stabilised for infection control.

Lots of helicopters falling out of the sky these days.

Go on, I know you are itching to bring up the long debunked false positive pcr issue

• Registered Users Posts: 1,224 ✭✭✭zerosugarbuzz

https://www.facebook.com/watch/?v=2520787121544659

Maybe this Micheal McNamara clip establishing the facts on how deaths are reported might clear things up for you.

Influenza is also notifiable

It’s not tested for as extensively though

So it causes less deaths or so we think

And what about all the cases were they can’t be 100% sure, they’ll just leave it on.

Proved? Where?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,807 ✭✭✭✭Goldengirl

Influenza is also notifiable

It’s not tested for as extensively though

So it causes less deaths or so we think

Whenever you are unable to answer a question like so many here you deflect to flu or some other irrelevant subject.
    Why don't you attempt at least to answer the question asked?

https://www.facebook.com/watch/?v=2520787121544659

Maybe this Micheal McNamara clip establishing the facts on how deaths are reported might clear things up for you.

I don’t think any of ye have listened to the full thing and the follow up where the fact the coroner adjudicates the final cause of death prior to certification was detailed

I’m astounded that some of you don’t know this by now... I thought everyone was aware.

I suppose you also think Sweden had 9000 or so more deaths than previous years. You’d be wrong there as well, it was a fairly normal year for them in terms of deaths.

Goldengirl wrote: »
    Whenever you are unable to answer a question like so many here you deflect to flu or some other irrelevant subject.
    Why don't you attempt at least to answer the question asked?

What exactly are you arguing about now?

There is no question that I was asked?

I’ll assume that bit ^ is an attempt at sarcasm. But you do know that coronavirus attacks the heart as well as lots of other things. Don’t you?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 991 ✭✭✭Stormyteacup

I don’t think any of ye have listened to the full thing and the follow up where the fact the coroner adjudicates the final cause of death prior to certification was detailed

Ok well which figures are announced in daily tolls? Covid as cause of death or deaths with Covid notified on cert?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement