Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Relaxation of Restrictions, Part VII *Read OP For Mod Warnings*

Options

Comments

Ok well which figures are announced in daily tolls? Covid as cause of death or deaths with Covid notified on cert?

Covid deaths notified to the hspc. Hospital deaths at a minimum will be notified prior to the death certificate being issued. These will be denotified if the coroner finds otherwise.

This will continue to be ignored by those who seek to spread misinformation.

• Registered Users Posts: 991 ✭✭✭Stormyteacup

Covid deaths notified to the hspc. Hospital deaths at a minimum will be notified prior to the death certificate being issued. These will be denotified if the coroner finds otherwise.

Yes. When you say Covid deaths notified to the HSPC do you mean all of these deaths have been certified by coroner as having Covid as cause of death, or do we hear totals of those who have a notifiable disease on their death cert regardless of actual cause of death?

But if someone has a stroke, it will be “well Covid could have caused the stroke”. Same for heart attack.

Even if someone is terminally ill with cancer, “well Covid contributed to the death”

So most of these “Covid” deaths will remain. But WITH Covid is very much the key word.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,363 ✭✭✭LessOutragePlz

It will still initially be counted as a covid death as per the WHO's instructions which is stated in the video this is the point that you are missing.

With that fact established it is an undeniable truth that covid deaths are overstated in any country that implements the WHO's instructions for reporting and recording covid detahs and the cause of death will only be changed if the coroner rules that it should be.

So you can call that misinformation all you want but in doing so can you point out any misinformation in my post just so we're clear.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,807 ✭✭✭✭Goldengirl

What exactly are you arguing about now?

There is no question that I was asked?

raind asked did you ever read the denotification process.
    You went straight to irrelevant statement but can't answer the question you asked so need to deflect ....influenza...mode .

• Advertisement

But if someone has a stroke, it will be “well Covid could have caused the stroke”. Same for heart attack.

Even if someone is terminally ill with cancer, “well Covid contributed to the death”

So most of these “Covid” deaths will remain. But WITH Covid is very much the key word.

Until the coroner determines cause of death Covid must be associated with the death. This is not a conspiracy, scandal or over counting. The medical professionals cannot ignore a notifiable disease present in a person at time of death. This gets ironed out through the normal process.

What is being done on this thread however is an attempt at spreading misinformation, through trying to pass off rare incidents where Covid was present but did not contribute to cause of death as the norm. This is bullsh*t of the highest order

• Registered Users Posts: 991 ✭✭✭Stormyteacup

Until the coroner determines cause of death Covid must be associated with the death. This is not a conspiracy, scandal or over counting. The medical professionals cannot ignore a notifiable disease present in a person at time of death. This gets ironed out through the normal process.

What is being done on this thread however is an attempt at spreading misinformation, through trying to pass off rare incidents where Covid was present but did not contribute to cause of death as the norm. This is bullsh*t of the highest order

I’m afraid it’s not bullsh*t of the highest order. Every single death of a person who has before or after death tested Covid positive is reported to HSPC as a death with Covid. This is not a conspiracy to bump up deaths it’s the recommended reporting protocol per WHO.

And it most definitely results in overcounting of deaths according to HIQA and CSO.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,108 ✭✭✭patnor1011

rusty cole wrote: »
    MM on telling us stories about nurses from the Philippines dying as if we all have zero compassion for her. Leo is on giving his it's always darkest before the dawn speech, I wonder will he throw in some quotes from the breakfast club, just for his buddies.

Leaving cert age are ripe for the transmission, explain the sense in letting them out 3 days a week whilst we cannot see ANYONE!!!!

Eamon Ryan,,there are no words for that man, I wouldn't let him do a best man speech at the most drunken of weddings.

My daughter is leaving cert student this year. No way I will let her near the school, the minister can stick those 3 days up where the sun does not shine.
    Not because of covid as this is a most likely non-issue for her anyway. It is because I won't have her sitting in a class with no heating on while windows and doors remain open. She endured this arctic explorer training programme for the last few weeks and had to take two courses of antibiotic getting a bad ear infection from the constant draft. She is a student who is top in her class always loving to go to school but this open window/no heating policy is a step too far in this weather. She tried it last few weeks sitting 8 hours in 2 jumpers with a hat on and she and everyone else who did this deserve a medal.
    With temperatures hovering about 0 there is no way I would let her go there again.
    Yes, by hook or by crook like last year when we bungled up leaving cert letting students in the dark till the very last day and even then they had to wait months to see their grades Ireland is sleepwalking into another circus with this year leaving cert students. There are countries like UK or Slovakia who already announced they will do calculated grades this year again we are going to repeat the same idiocy like last year - hook and crook statements about how we go forward only to do the same what we did last year. Because let us be honest - there is zero chance we will have leaving cert exams this year whether we like it or not.
    Therefore no point to torture kids in subzero drafty classrooms and move it online finally.

whether its "personal" or not I'd say Tony Holohan is on a crusade to redeem him name after his balls up of the Cervical Screening debacle. He wants that forgotten, brushed under the carpet, he wants to go in a blaze of glory, Late Late Show interviews, statues, books, gigantic murals on the walls of pubs .......(if that wasn't ironic !)

The only thing he gets in pub is not a mural on a wall but a picture on a dart board. :D

rusty cole wrote: »
    George Lee on RTE now, of "todays 7836+ cases today,

over 1000 where at/over Xmas already reported!!! WTF!!!

We need to see like 20-30k cases a day.
    Considering that majority of them do not have a clue they have it and never develop any symptom and minuscule amount of people ending up in hospital this is exactly what we need to put it all behind us with naturally acquired immunity.
    Not to mention tons of money we can save on vaccines which will not be needed anymore.

• Advertisement

We being filled with lies about the number of deaths due to covid and i will tell you why. Last April my mums friend whos mother was 94 passed away from old age in a nursing home. Her organs were shutting down over a few days. Two days before she passed away she had a covid test which came back negative but a few weeks later when my mums friend recieved the death cert the cause of death on the cert was covid. I have heard about this several times in other cases. The government,NPHET and the HSE are filling us with lies when it comes to numbers of people who passed away from covid

That reminds me of what happened in Israel.
    So if you get a heart attack and die and had a covid positive test 28 days prior it, is a covid death.
    Then you have an Israeli pensioner who died of a heart attack a few hours after received the covid vaccine but the same logic does not apply.
    He did not die of the vaccine but of a heart attack. :cool:

Horowitz: With no lockdown or mask mandate, Florida has roughly same hospitalization level as 2018 flu season
    The entire pretext for shutting down our liberties is built upon misinformation

https://www.theblaze.com/op-ed/horowitz-with-no-lockdown-or-mask-mandate-florida-has-roughly-same-hospitalization-level-as-2018-flu-season

Medical Errors and the Cult of Expertise in the Age of Covid.

https://mises.org/wire/medical-errors-and-cult-expertise-age-covid

• Registered Users Posts: 38,477 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

How come no journalist is asking NPHET/MM/Leo 'the covid death' question

• Registered Users Posts: 10,065 ✭✭✭✭normanoffside

PTH2009 wrote: »
    How come no journalist is asking NPHET/MM/Leo 'the covid death' question

There never been any secret made of it:

LV:

In Ireland we counted all deaths, in all settings, suspected cases even when no lab test was done, and included people with underlying terminal illnesses who died with Covid but not of it.

https://twitter.com/leovaradkar/status/1278995351169613824?s=21

• Registered Users Posts: 5,634 ✭✭✭CalamariFritti

47akak wrote: »
    Your interpretation is completely contradictory. A pub or a restaurant is a place where 10 or more people congregate for extended periods and is a considerable risk.

How could an Irish pub, with people from dozens of households piled in together pissed, shouting and signing within a foot of each other, not be a greater risk than almost any other setting you can imagine? The same isn't quite true of a restaurant but it's clearly high risk. To the extent it isn't it's a question of time over risk. You spend many multiples the time spent in pubs and restaurants at work. So therefore naturally you'll get a greater effect there. So it's not a case then you need to pick mutually exclusive options because one is slightly more effective than another in one small study.

Its not my interpretation. I gave a synopsis. I'm just a messenger. I'm also not trying to make a case for pubs or something. You're making way too many assumption about why I'm posting this and what my agenda may be.

What I am saying is that this confirms what we kinda knew all along. Schools and workplaces aren't necessarily safe just because someone declares them to be. And since we're not closing schools and workplaces all that seemingly tough lockdown sh1t like 5km, 2km, stay at home, dont play golf, cordoning off beaches is just nonsense window dressing to make the lockdown look tougher. Look we made the toughest lockdown we could.

We had 24/7 fear bombardment in the media since March. People want lockdown. The tougher the lockdown the higher the government approvals. All over Europe the same. So what are we going to get? Tougher lockdowns. Whether it helps or not is secondary. It has long since become a political plaything.

I’m afraid it’s not bullsh*t of the highest order. Every single death of a person who has before or after death tested Covid positive is reported to HSPC as a death with Covid. This is not a conspiracy to bump up deaths it’s the recommended reporting protocol per WHO.

And it most definitely results in overcounting of deaths according to HIQA and CSO.

I am sorry, but that is a false narrative. Some of those who died of covid may have died of something else within a certain time frame, but its undeniable that they died of covid, yet this thread wants us to ignore it

• Registered Users Posts: 7,601 ✭✭✭Penfailed

patnor1011 wrote: »
    That reminds me of what happened in Israel.
    So if you get a heart attack and die and had a covid positive test 28 days prior it, is a covid death.
    Then you have an Israeli pensioner who died of a heart attack a few hours after received the covid vaccine but the same logic does not apply.
    He did not die of the vaccine but of a heart attack. :cool:

You think he died because of the vaccine? That's quite the leap.

Gigs '24 - Ben Ottewell and Ian Ball (Gomez), The Jesus & Mary Chain, The Smashing Pumpkins/Weezer, Pearl Jam, Green Day, Stendhal Festival, Forest Fest, Electric Picnic, Ride, PJ Harvey, Pixies, Public Service Broadcasting, Therapy?, IDLES(x2)

We being filled with lies about the number of deaths due to covid and i will tell you why. Last April my mums friend whos mother was 94 passed away from old age in a nursing home. Her organs were shutting down over a few days. Two days before she passed away she had a covid test which came back negative but a few weeks later when my mums friend recieved the death cert the cause of death on the cert was covid. I have heard about this several times in other cases. The government,NPHET and the HSE are filling us with lies when it comes to numbers of people who passed away from covid

Why?

Why?

It must be to make the nursing home numbers worse so that it makes them look bad...or something...

Gigs '24 - Ben Ottewell and Ian Ball (Gomez), The Jesus & Mary Chain, The Smashing Pumpkins/Weezer, Pearl Jam, Green Day, Stendhal Festival, Forest Fest, Electric Picnic, Ride, PJ Harvey, Pixies, Public Service Broadcasting, Therapy?, IDLES(x2)

• Advertisement

Horowitz: With no lockdown or mask mandate, Florida has roughly same hospitalization level as 2018 flu season
    The entire pretext for shutting down our liberties is built upon misinformation

https://www.theblaze.com/op-ed/horowitz-with-no-lockdown-or-mask-mandate-florida-has-roughly-same-hospitalization-level-as-2018-flu-season

Medical Errors and the Cult of Expertise in the Age of Covid.

https://mises.org/wire/medical-errors-and-cult-expertise-age-covid

Its becoming clearer where all this sh*t originates
    The Ludwig von Mises Institute for Austrian Economics, or Mises Institute, is a paleolibertarian nonprofit think-tank located in Auburn, Alabama, United States
    In 2017, the president of the Mises Institute, Jeff Deist, gave a speech at the Mises University conference, where in his concluding remarks he stated that the ideas of "blood and soil and God and nation still matter to people".[11] Deist's use of the phrase blood and soil, originally used by the Nazi party as a call for racial nationalism, was alleged by some to be an explicit signal to Neo-Nazis and other white nationalist groups. [12] In particular, Nicholas Sarwark and Arvin Vohra, then the chair and vice-chair of the United States Libertarian Party, condemned Deist's speech, with Vohra stating that "the Mises Institute has been turned into a sales funnel for the White Nationalist branch of the Alt Right". Vohra further accused the Mises Institute as a whole of being "authoritarian, racist, nazi".

Penfailed wrote: »
    You think he died because of the vaccine? That's quite the leap.

Same leap as majority of covid deaths. Like people with terminal cancer counted as death by covid.

Your point is?
    :pac::pac::pac::pac::pac: as usual...
    A lot of s**te originated on most of mainstream media, beacons of truth and nobody cared. Like WMD in Iraq which caused untold misery and death.

Same leap as majority of covid deaths.

Here are the UK excess deaths compared to historic. If what you were saying were true the majority of the covid portion of the bars would fall below the mean

538637.JPG

Your point is?
    :pac::pac::pac::pac::pac: as usual...
    A lot of s**te originated on most of mainstream media, beacons of truth and nobody cared. Like WMD in Iraq which caused untold misery and death.

My point is that many are being taken hook line and sinker in by groups driven an agenda, the same agenda that drove those gullible lunatics to try to overturn a democratic election yesterday.

Nobody can answer the question as to why governments all over the world are engaged in this ffot to create a fake pandemic? And when asked just parrot mainstream media nonsense. And I will think you will find most of the "mainstream media" questioned the Irag WMD and war narrative vigorously

• Registered Users Posts: 28,867 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

Donnelly on NT stumbling badly on the schools and vaccine questions. He's starting to get annoyed now when challenged about the speed of the rollout

Same leap as majority of covid deaths. Like people with terminal cancer counted as death by covid.

People diagnosed with terminal cancer can live for years.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,224 ✭✭✭zerosugarbuzz

Penfailed wrote: »
    People diagnosed with terminal cancer can live for years.

They can also die very quickly, in my brother’s age 3 weeks from diagnosis 2 years ago

They can also die very quickly, in my brother’s age 3 weeks from diagnosis 2 years ago

Of course they can. Sorry to hear about your brother. It doesn't change the fact that a terminal diagnosis doesn't mean they will die in the short term. If they contract Covid however...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,747 ✭✭✭✭pjohnson

Are you suprised?

This was clear from the start. The movements have always been tied.

The anti-restrictors are a set type 99.9% of the time.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement