Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Relaxation of Restrictions, Part VII *Read OP For Mod Warnings*

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 281 ✭✭Fodla

john4321 wrote: »
    Dr Fauci was quoted in the article I linked saying towards the end of 2021 which seems practical due to the population size of the US.

Your posting about NPHET is not factual its a committee setup to provide public health guidance to Government they dont "call the shots".

What agenda do you think they have and to what benefit?

Based on the past 8 months, NPHET, or Tony specifically. call the shots.

An agenda of control. They're power hungry. There is no evidence that they care about the health of people that don't have COVID. They have watched as people have missed cancer screenings, scans, been unable to go to the GP, died of unbearable loneliness, and as the country was terrorised into submission. And the latest horror is a graph about how people aren't frightened enough.

But Fauci changes his mind a lot. He said until 2022 recently. I have no idea why people listen to him.

• Registered Users Posts: 982 ✭✭✭Rrrrrr2

An Ri rua wrote: »
    At least you're learning something tonight. That's a start.

Nothing from you I can assure you.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,934 ✭✭✭✭fin12

Dr Fauci was quoted in the article I linked saying towards the end of 2021 which seems practical due to the population size of the US.

Your posting about NPHET is not factual its a committee setup to provide public health guidance to Government they dont "call the shots".

What agenda do you think they have and to what benefit?

The anti alcohol/ pub agenda, I think people are blue in the face from saying this. You have to be a simpleton to think this is all about the virus.

fin12 wrote: »
    The anti alcohol/ pub agenda, I think people are blue in the face from saying this. You have to be a simpleton to think this is all about the virus.

That too. That and control.

An Ri rua wrote: »
    Rational? Are you saying that every elderly person admitted into hospital for suspected pneumonia every winter should be just left to the natural cycle? Sure don't even call the ambulance at all?
    Yes, I've a lot of experience of nursing homes. Feel free to ask and learn. We can do a knowledge swap. I can glean lots of info from a virologist like your good self...

Here we go with the hyper hyper emotional stuff again...with all your alleged “experience” you still haven’t got to grips with the natural cycle of death and death often just happens, isn’t always preventable no matter hard how we try (or in your case, virtue signal).

This is the problem with the whole Covid mania- the likes of this virtue signaller will bully and dominate the narrative with their constant emotional and live forever dogma- when my time comes it comes and that I accept.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,556 ✭✭✭Micky 32

And yet alcohol is freely everywhere, off licences, supermarkets even the petrol stations.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,095 ✭✭✭✭Ha Long Bay

Fodla wrote: »
    Based on the past 8 months, NPHET, or Tony specifically. call the shots.

An agenda of control. They're power hungry. There is no evidence that they care about the health of people that don't have COVID. They have watched as people have missed cancer screenings, scans, been unable to go to the GP, dies of unbearable loneliness, and as the country was terrorised into submission. And the latest horror is a graph about how people aren't frightened enough.

But Fauci changes his mind a lot. He said until 2022 recently. I have no idea why people listen to him.

"Based on the past 8 months, NPHET, or Tony specifically. call the shots."

You could also say they provide advise to Government? What would you have done differently? Again you use a catchy headline to make a point.

"An agenda of control. They're power hungry. There is no evidence that they care about the health of people that don't have COVID. They have watched as people have missed cancer screenings, scans, been unable to go to the GP, dies of unbearable loneliness, and as the country was terrorised into submission. And the latest horror is a graph about how people aren't frightened enough.

Most of this is CT territory when you use terms like agenda and power hungry.

What is then agenda and what are they power hungry for?

"But Fauci changes his mind a lot."

Exactly what an expert should do when gathering new information. Would be a lot more concerned if he didn't.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,171 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

I'm not so sure. Most Irish people do as they're told. NPHET could easily manipulate people into believing that mass testing for the flu is "for your safety". And then RTÉ would push it, and there'd be the usual zero opposition in the media.

They've a slight problem with that plan still no sign of the flu this year. https://www.hpsc.ie/a-z/respiratory/influenza/seasonalinfluenza/surveillance/influenzasurveillancereports/20202021season/Influenza_Surveillance_Report_Week%2046%202020_Finalv1.2_19112020.pdf

It's entirely plausible if we import it over December they'll truly hit the panic button, Covid, Flu and CPE still doing it's thing will actually put the hospitals under pressure.

If Germany doesn't erupt over these lockdowns it's all a matter they've seen this movie.

We're not long from scenes like this on Dr Sceptics

SusieBlue wrote: »
    Any person of sound mind, regardless of their age, does not need to be saved from themselves.
    They should be able to assess the risk and make their own decisions on what they’re comfortable with.
    It’s so patronising & belittling to assume to decide that we know what’s best for them. Elderly people should not lose that privilege just because of their advanced age. Most are more than capable of making their own minds up on what level of risk they find acceptable, and don’t need to be treated like imbeciles.

If they struggle with loneliness and isolation, forcing them into a life of solitude ‘for their own good’ is a cruelty and could cause them to die prematurely too.
    It isn’t in the best interests of their physical or mental health.
    And that’s exactly what we’re doing to people right now. Elderly people have separated from their loved ones for the best part of a year and are deteriorating by the day, but we’re telling them to put up or shut up because it’s for their own good, and we know what’s best for them.

Lots of things kill the elderly, not just covid. Unfortunately the reality is that advanced age means even a mild illness can be a death sentence, this is a fact of life.
    Prior to March we didn’t forcibly remove them from society and isolate them from their friends and family to ‘protect’ them and we shouldn’t be doing it now either.

I’ve been saying it for months now but covid isn’t the only thing or even the worst thing that can happen to a person.
    They don’t need to be saved by virtue signalling do gooders who don’t give two sh*ts about their quality of life or their wishes, and only care about ‘saving lives’ from covid.

If I could thanks this post *1000! Absolute nail on the head here
    When my time comes I hope to Christ I’m a million miles away away from a “what’s good for you” fanatic like you just had the displeasure of quoting

Who fact checked the fact checker, The police said it was the wrong house, do you believe tyrants. It was a live stream they got caught out and backtracked.
    That chap said they guy is selling truly fake stuff...looked like a bottle of source of life on the store. Have you a link to the website with all these fake products?

• Advertisement

"Based on the past 8 months, NPHET, or Tony specifically. call the shots."

You could also say they provide advise to Government? What would you have done differently? Again you use a catchy headline to make a point.

"An agenda of control. They're power hungry. There is no evidence that they care about the health of people that don't have COVID. They have watched as people have missed cancer screenings, scans, been unable to go to the GP, dies of unbearable loneliness, and as the country was terrorised into submission. And the latest horror is a graph about how people aren't frightened enough.

Most of this is CT territory when you use terms like agenda and power hungry.

What is then agenda and what are they power hungry for?

"But Fauci changes his mind a lot."

Exactly what an expert should do when gathering new information. Would be a lot more concerned if he didn't.

I'd have done what Sweden did. Recommendations. I wouldn't have destroyed the country as NPHET have done. I wouldn't have obsessed over meaningless case numbers.

I don't think it's straying into CT territory at all. Is there any evidence that NPHET cares about mental health, for example? About leading a healthy lifestyle (vitamin D, eating well etc)? They've said next to nothing about either. The evidence of the last 8 months suggests that they care only about COVID. Is that not a reasonable stance to take based on the evidence of the past 8 months?

Re control, they have basically banned living. All people can do is go to the shop. That's all. It's astonishing. And even that is a horrible experience. Is that not controlling people? There's no conspiracy theory. They are controlling what people can do, whom they can see, and so on. People will argue that it's "for our safety", but it's destroying people. It's extremely distressing to see.

Who fact checked the fact checker, The police said it was the wrong house, do you believe tyrants. It was a live stream they got caught out and backtracked.
    That chap said they guy is selling truly fake stuff...looked like a bottle of source of life on the store. Have you a link to the website with all these fake products?

Have you a link to show me the guy in the video you posted is nothing but a grifter using Covid as a perfect excuse to shake the bucket?

Have you a link to show me the guy in the video you posted is nothing but a grifter using Covid as a perfect excuse to shake the bucket?

You posted a video and the guy said the Dr is a faker and sells fake goods I can see nothing to back up that claim.
    Police lie all the time.

You posted a video and the guy said the Dr is a faker and sells fake goods I can see nothing to back up that claim.
    Police lie all the time.

You posted the original video. Anything to back up his stats or his he another "nutritionists" trying to make a quick euro from Covid?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,051 ✭✭✭patnor1011

I’m talking about people in nursing homes, elderly living in their own homes have a lot more freedom to choose then people on the nursing homes.

What about them? Isnt it obvious what families are for? Nursing homes are a convenient way how to dump your own problems on someone else.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,051 ✭✭✭patnor1011

Micky 32 wrote: »
    The flu and colds has been around for years and not as risky as covid. Everyone has had it and most people don’t care about the flu. There’s no way i’d go and get tested for cold/flu.

Can you imagine how big of a business this will be? This country does not care about working people getting sick - pretty much zero income protection apart from some public heavily unionized jobs. And then someone will come and tell you you should get tested for cold/flu and if positive off you go to isolation.
    I suggest expanding PUP to CUP (cold unemployment payment) and FUP (flu unemployment payment) and then we can close the shop and the last one can turn off the light.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,011 ✭✭✭✭Johnboy1951

I agree 100%, but what I don't understand is why so many elderly people have submitted to Tony's tyranny. Why have they abandoned all of the wisdom they have to isolate themselves from their family, their loved ones, their friends? Why do they watch rubbish on RTÉ every day which causes them to be, based on what I see, afraid of their own shadow? It's bizarre.

From my admittedly very limited experience, it is mostly family members of the elderly that are scared of giving them an infection and thus do not visit, rather than the elderly refusing visits from family.
    This coming from family members has, I believe, more import on their thinking than Dr. T ever did.

To be told by your children you are vulnerable and in grave danger should they visit, has a big impact.
    The longer it lasts the more it impacts.

From my admittedly very limited experience, it is mostly family members of the elderly that are scared of giving them an infection and thus do not visit, rather than the elderly refusing visits from family.
    This coming from family members has, I believe, more import on their thinking than Dr. T ever did.

To be told by your children you are vulnerable and in grave danger should they visit, has a big impact.
    The longer it lasts the more it impacts.

That's interesting. The power of propaganda.

I am amazed that children are still refusing to visit their elderly parents, to hug them, to hold their hand. It's as though humans have forgotten what it means to be human. Elon Musk said recently that he'd lost faith in humanity. So have I. I'd love to know what it's like outside of the West. It'd be interesting to compare.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,409 ✭✭✭Tork

patnor1011 wrote: »
    What about them? Isnt it obvious what families are for? Nursing homes are a convenient way how to dump your own problems on someone else.

What a reprehensible thing to say. You haven't got a clue what you're on about.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,432 ✭✭✭dalyboy

patnor1011 wrote: »
    Can you imagine how big of a business this will be? This country does not care about working people getting sick - pretty much zero income protection apart from some public heavily unionized jobs. And then someone will come and tell you you should get tested for cold/flu and if positive off you go to isolation.
    I suggest expanding PUP to CUP (cold unemployment payment) and FUP (flu unemployment payment) and then we can close the shop and the last one can turn off the light.

Ahh would you ever fup off .. Lol

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,571 ✭✭✭Penfailed

There is NO difference its utterly laughable people continue to think there is. Open both or keep them all closed.

That's a different arguement. You previously said they can't open one and not the other. They can...and they probably will.

Gigs '24 - Ben Ottewell and Ian Ball (Gomez), The Jesus & Mary Chain, The Smashing Pumpkins/Weezer, Pearl Jam, Green Day, Stendhal Festival, Forest Fest, Electric Picnic, Ride, PJ Harvey, Pixies, Public Service Broadcasting, Therapy?, IDLES(x2)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,224 ✭✭✭zerosugarbuzz

I'd have done what Sweden did. Recommendations. I wouldn't have destroyed the country as NPHET have done. I wouldn't have obsessed over meaningless case numbers.

I don't think it's straying into CT territory at all. Is there any evidence that NPHET cares about mental health, for example? About leading a healthy lifestyle (vitamin D, eating well etc)? They've said next to nothing about either. The evidence of the last 8 months suggests that they care only about COVID. Is that not a reasonable stance to take based on the evidence of the past 8 months?

Re control, they have basically banned living. All people can do is go to the shop. That's all. It's astonishing. And even that is a horrible experience. Is that not controlling people? There's no conspiracy theory. They are controlling what people can do, whom they can see, and so on. People will argue that it's "for our safety", but it's destroying people. It's extremely distressing to see.

I could have written your post a couple of months ago. The whole thing was really frustrating me and getting me down. I made a few simple changes that I can highly recommend. I stopped listening to the news, this was the most important change. I ignored for the most part the move to level 5. I can’t eat out or go to the shops obviously but I can travel over 5k, have people to my house and visit others, have my hair done etc. I feel so much better as do all of my friends, I literally know no one who is adhering to level 5. This is only a deadly virus to a small percentage of the population none of whom are within my social circle. We are all responsible adults, we need to take responsibility for ourselves and our own and live as normally as possible, safely y of course.

So please tell us since when and why someone who is completely healthy but has passed or failed (not sure) a test is a 'case'? As far as I know a 'case' used to be someone who is sick and needs treatment, no?

If someone has had a test and failed, they're a case. It's pretty simple stuff lads. Whether or not the test is accurate is a different story.

Gigs '24 - Ben Ottewell and Ian Ball (Gomez), The Jesus & Mary Chain, The Smashing Pumpkins/Weezer, Pearl Jam, Green Day, Stendhal Festival, Forest Fest, Electric Picnic, Ride, PJ Harvey, Pixies, Public Service Broadcasting, Therapy?, IDLES(x2)

• Registered Users Posts: 28,845 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

Penfailed wrote: »
    If someone has had a test and failed, they're a case. It's pretty simple stuff lads. Whether or not the test is accurate is a different story.

Also key is whether that case has symptoms or the first they knew of it was when they were told

A case without symptoms is not a problem.

A difference that makes no difference, IS no difference

• Registered Users Posts: 2,266 ✭✭✭CruelSummer

Not sure if this has been posted here yet or not. A video has surfaced of Prof Luke O’Neil talking to a class of school children by zoom, in which he declares they all have to get the vaccine. And that we may have to wear a permanent non-removable ‘bracelet’ - ‘which could pose a problem to our civil liberties‘ he jokes.
    1. The Covid pandemic has been the most over reacted to illness of our time
    2. There is no data out there to back up anything he suggested.
    3. How is it legal for a Professor to effectively start grooming children with ‘appearances’ in schools like this? He also posted a coke ad alternative also re the vaccine coming.
    4. The Department of Education should investigate this urgently as it sounds like a sponsored/paid partnership appearance effectively trying to influence our youth into a course of action regarding their health and well-being, a group who also remain the least affected by Covid.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=9IcwLxCo2pM

And don’t even get me started on Nutty Professor Tomás Ryan shouting about zero Covid on Virgin media last night. He’s not even qualified to speak on this issue in the manner in which he does, he’s a neuro scientist. He has made so many false claims on Rte’s Prime Time of the threat Covid presents, including that ‘100’s of children could die’ which is completely false when looking at the data.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,205 ✭✭✭Spudman_20000

Not sure if this has been posted here yet or not. A video has surfaced of Prof Luke O’Neil talking to a class of school children by zoom, in which he declares they all have to get the vaccine. And that we may have to wear a permanent non-removable ‘bracelet’ - ‘which could pose a problem to our civil liberties‘ he jokes.
    3. How is it legal for a Professor to effectively start grooming children with ‘appearances’ in schools like this? He also posted a coke ad alternative also re the vaccine coming.
    4. The Department of Education should investigate this urgently as it sounds like a sponsored/paid partnership appearance effectively trying to influence our youth into a course of action regarding their health and well-being, a group who also remain the least affected by Covid.

And don’t even get me started on Nutty Professor Tomás Ryan shouting about zero Covid on Virgin media last night. He’s not even qualified to speak on this issue in the manner in which he does, he’s a neuro scientist. He has made so many false claims on Rte’s Prime Time of the threat Covid presents, including that ‘100’s of children could die’ which is completely false when looking at the data.

Could it be possible he has some financial interest in all of this? Surely not?

Just one example:

https://www.siliconrepublic.com/start-ups/eli-lilly-sitryx-deal-luke-oneill

• Registered Users Posts: 3,328 ✭✭✭Banana Republic 1

Ask yourself why Ireland couldn’t and didn’t do elwhat Sweden did.
    Why did the government let NEPHT run the country.
    Why did they ban living

• Registered Users Posts: 3,328 ✭✭✭Banana Republic 1

Are you a virologist or a bar stool conspiracy theorist.

Pubs in the north were allowed serve people outdoors with no meal required for months all during the summer.

I take your point but very very few were doing this.

• Advertisement

Ireland is looking at being permanently locked down. I would suggest people think seriously about emigrating.

Wow. The hysteria is alive and well.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement