Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Relaxation of Restrictions, Part VII *Read OP For Mod Warnings*

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,653 ✭✭✭walus

froog wrote: »
    does air pollution completely overload health systems in a matter of weeks if left unchecked?

No it doesn’t. Flu does. Every year since I remember. Yet we did not shut down even once to stop it from happening. We just accepted the fact that that is the way it is, and consciously did nothing about it even though it is a recurring problem.

”Where’s the revolution? Come on, people you’re letting me down!”

• Registered Users Posts: 1,373 ✭✭✭Mr. Karate

St.Spodo wrote: »

NPHET recommended mandatory quarantine for all airline passengers last May. If the government acted on their advice, the first lockdown would have been the last one. As it stands, the government is content to go against international best practice by constantly opening up the economy before we have the virus under control at very low levels in the community, while letting new cases come into the country and mix freely with the public. Blame the government.

If lockdowns actually worked then this virus would be in the history books already. This virus has a survival rate of 99.96%. There was no need for the hysterics and all they've done is doubled down on the same stupidity.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,465 ✭✭✭MOH

Penfailed wrote: »
    That's moving away from the original point. The OP said endless lockdowns. There have been a few. They've ended, therefore, not endless.

Again, not for some.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,474 ✭✭✭✭Supercell

Mr. Karate wrote: »
    If lockdowns actually worked then this virus would be in the history already. This virus has a survival rate of 99.96%. There was no need for the hysterics and all they've done is doubled down on the same stupidity.
    What part of no lockdown - numbers explode, lockdown - numbers go down dont you get yet?

Have a weather station?, why not join the Ireland Weather Network - http://irelandweather.eu/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,535 ✭✭✭Silentcorner

Supercell wrote: »
    What part of no lockdown - numbers explode, lockdown - numbers go down dont you get yet?

How does that explain what is happening in Florida and California?

One severely locked down since last March, the other wide open since September.

• Advertisement

What part of locking down for months is causing what you claim to be trying to stop, because it make people go overboard when they finally get a morsel of freedom don't you get?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,465 ✭✭✭MOH

You seem to be missing the part when lockdowns end.
    The point of lockdowns isn't primarily supposed to be to stop people getting Covid - it's to stop people getting Covid then. It's kicking the can down the road to buy you time to plan for the spread.

The problem is, we came up with a joke of a plan which we instantly binned.
    Our only plan is "have another lockdown". That's not sustainable.

Our only other plan is, keep the schools open at all costs. Thankfully that part seems to have been ditched.

How does that explain what is happening in Florida and California?

One severely locked down since last March, the other wide open since September.

I don't think some of the pro lockdown side is capable of critical thinking anymore. It really has morphed into a religion for some of them.

• Registered Users Posts: 871 ✭✭✭one armed dwarf

patnor1011 wrote: »
    Sure I can. It is the easiest way to do it. They just copy each other giving out to peer pressure hoisted upon them by media for whom covid is a golden goose. Fear always sells and anyone who dares to oppose as we have seen with Sweden for a while is browbeaten in compliance.
    Surprisingly there are other countries where there is no lockdown or any meaningful restrictions yet somehow we do not see piles of corpses on the street from this "deadly pandemic".
    UK's acute crisis is pure shifting attention away from Brexit nothing else.

What does Brexit have to do with the massive escalation in daily emergency calls in London?

Sadiq Khan was the one who declared a crisis in London, if Brexit was the cause he would have no issue with pointing out as such as he's been a very vocal critic of it his entire tenure as mayor. The political motivation to blame Brexit is there, it's just that Brexit has nothing to do with the reality of how things are escalating right now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,853 ✭✭✭✭Idbatterim

Varadkar will be leading the country when the financial ramifications are going to be obvious and felt and housing crisis worse than ever. Dont worry lads these rats are going to have their day! All of the spinelessness, lack of leadership, hse failure etc. Once rte etc dont have covid to fearmonger with, its going to be fingepointing, blame games etc beginning! Years of it!

If the markets turn on us again, lol !

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,129 ✭✭✭Lundstram

HBC08 wrote: »
    I know,shocking isn't it?
    Any times the loons on this thread go out into other threads they are laughed out of it and/or eventually banned.
    It's ok,you're back in the safe space now,carry on.

"I don't agree with you lot so you are loons"

Great arguement there. Running theme in this thread of people coming on here to name call and post smart-arse one liners but ultimately zero justification for the massive damage lockdown is doing to society.

Can't see or think beyond the so called deadly Covid19.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,520 ✭✭✭HBC08

Lundstram wrote: »
    "I don't agree with you lot so you are loons"

Great arguement there. Running theme in this thread of people coming on here to name call and post smart-arse one liners but ultimately zero justification for the massive damage lockdown is doing to society.

Can't see or think beyond the so called deadly Covid19.

Not quite,
    It more of a youre spouting lunatic ****e so in my opinion youre a loon kinda situation.

walus wrote: »
    No it doesn’t. Flu does. Every year since I remember. Yet we did not shut down even once to stop it from happening. We just accepted the fact that that is the way it is, and consciously did nothing about it even though it is a recurring problem.

https://twitter.com/jburnmurdoch/status/1347200811303055364?s=20

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 52,021 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

HBC08 wrote: »
    Not quite,
    It more of a youre spouting lunatic ****e so in my opinion youre a loon kinda situation.

Mod:

Threadbanned

Mr. Karate wrote: »
    If lockdowns actually worked then this virus would be in the history books already. This virus has a survival rate of 99.96%. There was no need for the hysterics and all they've done is doubled down on the same stupidity.

99.96%, wow, that means almost 6million people in Ireland have already at this virus at that rate

But but but it’s just a flu bro...scientific data from dodgycontrarians.net proves it.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,784 ✭✭✭froog

walus wrote: »

blah blah blah flu blah blah

that's really all flu posts deserve anymore.

This thread summed up:

Factual and imformative posts from one side (many more like this).
    I was shocked to find out yesterday only 2 people have died from covid in my home county of Waterford since it all started. And people have put it down to "luck". I don't know how people can't put 2 and 2 together to realise "hmm maybe this isn't as dangerous as we initially feared?" even tho thats an incredibly GOOD thing. Sunk cost fallacy is the only explanation at this stage.

The other side (many more mocking and non-informative posts like this).

This thread summed up:

this thread summed up:

https___blogs-images.forbes.com_startswithabang_files_2016_06_1-ZPTHQL0afpmQA7JI9hqyJw.jpg?width=960

this thread summed up:

https___blogs-images.forbes.com_startswithabang_files_2016_06_1-ZPTHQL0afpmQA7JI9hqyJw.jpg?width=960

Think you just proved his point right there.

• Advertisement

This thread summed up:

How about the post above that with actual tangible data points regarding ICU admissions in London?

How about the post above that with actual tangible data points regarding ICU admissions in London?
    He/she might as well have posted ICU admission numbers from Timbuktu.

Not relevant, different country, no one cares.

He might as well have posted ICU admission numbers from Timbuktu.

Well I care, I've lived a significant amount of my life there and have friends, family and former co-workers who live there.

It's a 90 minute plane ride, a little different to Timbuktu. A country we share a great deal of connections with. Which is dealing with the same strain of the virus as we are

For f*ck sake

it's the same virus.

Well I care, I've lived a significant amount of my life there and have friends, family and former co-workers who live there.

It's a 90 minute plane ride, a little different to Timbuktu. A country we share a great deal of connections with. Which is dealing with the same strain of the virus as we are

For f*ck sake

Oh it's an issue now because you used to live there and know people there? Again, not relevant. No one cares. This is Ireland.

For f*ck sake.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,664 ✭✭✭Whatsisname

Ironic how people who are any way skeptical of the use of lockdowns get accused of gaining all their information from facebook by people who then use facebook as a source of information. And so the joke of social media continues.

Is the COVID curve plotted only for cases that people are actually sick or all cases of COVID symptomatic and asymptomatic (I.e. including those who where admitted for say a broken leg and additionally tested positive for COVID, even though he/she had no symptoms)?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,599 ✭✭✭✭CIARAN_BOYLE

We have more people in ICU with covid at the moment in this country that get admitted with flu in a full flu season.

Then we get idiots saying covid is just the flu.

Then we have people saying only 2 people died in Waterford from coronavirus so far. Coronavirus isn't a big deal.

The poster is wrong or lying.

More than 2 have died from Coronavirus in Waterford and we have people praising for being factual and informative.

That's unacceptable ignorance or purposeful lying.

We are in the middle of a Pandemic and misinformation is not right to anyone.

• Advertisement

Nothing of the sort. Just putting things into perspective, nothing more.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement