Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Relaxation of Restrictions, Part VII *Read OP For Mod Warnings*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,845 ✭✭✭✭Donald Trump

I do love a lecture disguised as a question.

Not sure of the relevance to this thread though.

For a fella that seems to have posted a lot in this, and similar threads, I am surprised that you can't see the relevance of chains of transmission to restrictions.

Sorry to break it to you, but everything is not actually all about you. Restrictions are brought in simply to break chains of transmission. It's not "the man" trying to ruin your fun and your glamorous social life. There is no conspiracy of jealous people in the WHO or HSE who planned all this specifically to ruin your weekly pints with the lads

• Registered Users Posts: 10,054 ✭✭✭✭normanoffside

Can you not read? He had a test when he came back..

There's a lot of people that just want everyone to stay in Ireland and wallow in the same misery and restrictions as themselves.

I'm off to Lanzarote next weekend myself and can't wait.
    Currently they have 2 people in hospital with Covid, I'll feel a lot safer over there.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,465 ✭✭✭MOH

UDAWINNER wrote: »
    Wonder if he passed the covid to one of his colleagues, would they be so understanding or call him a selfish prick, the latter I think.

He went and had a test before he went back to work, what part of that are you missing?

I'm regretting not doing the same thing before Christmas. Had been thinking of the Canaries for 5-7 days. Stock up the freezer before I go, come back and isolate for a week, which I'm pretty much doing anyway since I live alone, get a private test after 5 days.

Main things that put me off were the idea of wearing a mask for 5 hours, and the timing meant I'd miss catching up with a couple of people before Christmas.

Sorry to break it to you, but everything is not actually all about you. Restrictions are brought in simply to break chains of transmission. It's not "the man" trying to ruin your fun and your glamorous social life. There is no conspiracy of jealous people in the WHO or HSE who planned all this specifically to ruin your weekly pints with the lads

Sorry but you are posting a load of nonsensical waffle there. What are you even on about?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,651 ✭✭✭walus

It's also pretty funny how you manage to completely miss the point, or maybe it's deliberate.

The pictures of ICU numbers in London aren't supposed to make an argument for the UK's lockdown strategy or ours. I would even agree that we locked down far too long during the summer.

It's supposed to illustrate that none of this follows the regular pattern of flu seasons, covid ICU admissions are quite literally off the charts. We've never seen these numbers in any of our lifetimes,. the scale of the surge is unprecedented. It is objective proof of the severity of the pandemic. If the posters in this thread are so sure that covid is no more serious than flu then they should be able to explain this. Or you can continue to ignore it, put your head back in the sand and call the people who point it out hysterical drama merchants out for social media likes. Tbh, I don't care. People like you are impossible to reach at this point

I’m surprised that you don’t see the correlation of this surge with the fact that the virus spread was constrained by various lockdowns and restrictions up to this point. With the absence of a vaccine flattening the curve only delays the inevitable. This surge is one of the results of the current strategy of dealing with COVID.

”Where’s the revolution? Come on, people you’re letting me down!”

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 40,230 ✭✭✭✭Boggles

I'm off to Lanzarote next weekend myself and can't wait.

Jaysus Norman you told me you couldn't go for a meal during the summer because you were too busy and now here you are off to the sun next week.

Fair play to you, send us a postcard.

;)

Boggles wrote: »
    Jaysus Norman you told me you couldn't go for a meal during the summer because you were too busy and now here you are off to the sun next week.

Fair play to you, send us a postcard.

;)

Thanks Boggles, first bit of a break for me since last March so it'll be nice to switch off.

I'll let you all know how it's going over there. I'll follow all the relevant protocols before and after travel but no doubt will still be labelled a granny killer.

MOH wrote: »
    He went and had a test before he went back to work, what part of that are you missing?

I'm regretting not doing the same thing before Christmas. Had been thinking of the Canaries for 5-7 days. Stock up the freezer before I go, come back and isolate for a week, which I'm pretty much doing anyway since I live alone, get a private test after 5 days.

Main things that put me off were the idea of wearing a mask for 5 hours, and the timing meant I'd miss catching up with a couple of people before Christmas.

100 people on a flight. All head to Lanzarote for 2 weeks. Come back. 5 catch it in transit and bring it back. It isn't now that there are 5 selfish cunts and 95 great-craic-full-time-mad-bastard-sound-fellas. It is simply 100 selfish cunts

• Registered Users Posts: 1,395 ✭✭✭GazzaL

A Doctor from the WHO has said that the increase in cases has been a result of indoor gatherings at Christmas. Stating the blindingly obvious, yet the Government and NPHET have focused on shutting safe environments like retail and construction. It's not the first time the anti-science NPHET have gone against the WHO.

https://www.newstalk.com/news/who-ireland-paying-high-price-for-christmas-gatherings-1132691

Sorry but you are posting a load of nonsensical waffle there. What are you even on about?

Well you seem to think that there is no relevance between chains of transmission and this thread about restrictions.

Your words, not mine

• Advertisement

100 people on a flight. All head to Lanzarote for 2 weeks. Come back. 5 catch it in transit and bring it back. It isn't now that there are 5 selfish cunts and 95 great-craic-full-time-mad-bastard-sound-fellas. It is simply 100 selfish cunts

More chance of catching it on a bus to Cork and that's a fact.
    is everyone getting a bus to Cork and selfish Cnut too?

More chance of catching it on a bus to Cork and that's a fact.
    is everyone getting a bus to Cork and selfish Cnut too?

As long as they stay the fuck in Cork and don't come back

(That goes for pandemic or no pandemic)

whaddabout whaddabout whaddabout. People will clutch at anything to justify acting the bollix

Well you seem to think that there is no relevance between chains of transmission and this thread about restrictions.

Your words, not mine

I'm talking about the bolded bit about me going for weekly pints with the lads- I never have once mentioned about wanting to go for pints with the lads.

Anyway discussion on Chains of transmissions etc are probably better off on the main thread or the maths thread, you'd get better responses there.

I'm talking about the bolded bit about me going for weekly pints with the lads- I never have once mentioned about wanting to go for pints with the lads.

Anyway discussion on Chains of transmissions etc are probably better off on the main thread or the maths thread, you'd get better responses there.

It is difficult to follow what is in what thread as a lot seem to be covering similar topics and veering from their titles.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,757 ✭✭✭✭Kermit.de.frog

Since then many lives and livelihoods have been destroyed not by COVID, but the excessive and overreactive restrictions that have devastated entire sections of our economy. And for what?

Because the situation from the start has been worse than some people think (a small minority of people). One only has to look through this thread to know that.

The frustration is tinged with conspiracy theory which is another challenge in today's society. Some have paranoia that people are out to get them.

There is fundamental misunderstanding of the nature of the problem which is leading people to be surprised at the scope of measures taken across the world.

Governments can improve their messaging but if some actively want to be in denial there is nothing can be done.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,601 ✭✭✭Penfailed

GazzaL wrote: »
    A Doctor from the WHO has said that the increase in cases has been a result of indoor gatherings at Christmas. Stating the blindingly obvious, yet the Government and NPHET have focused on shutting safe environments like retail and construction. It's not the first time the anti-science NPHET have gone against the WHO.

https://www.newstalk.com/news/who-ireland-paying-high-price-for-christmas-gatherings-1132691

Sorry...what? Indoor gatherings, yeah, like retail and construction.

Gigs '24 - Ben Ottewell and Ian Ball (Gomez), The Jesus & Mary Chain, The Smashing Pumpkins/Weezer, Pearl Jam, Green Day, Stendhal Festival, Forest Fest, Electric Picnic, Ride, PJ Harvey, Pixies, Public Service Broadcasting, Therapy?, IDLES(x2)

GazzaL wrote: »

Low cases in the community, low risk in workplaces. High cases in community, high risk in workplaces. Now while the surge may have been driven by household gatherings, this still results in high community transmission. So you limit the environments where household to household transmission can take place to keep the virus limited to the households it is already in, as much as possible. It’s not rocket science and it is not going against the who.

What are you blathering about? What part of isolated and getting tested after coming back are you missing?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,224 ✭✭✭zerosugarbuzz

As long as they stay the fuck in Cork and don't come back

(That goes for pandemic or no pandemic)

whaddabout whaddabout whaddabout. People will clutch at anything to justify acting the bollix

Are you always so angry? The pro lock down folks seem to be perma angry.

No such thing as pro lockdown, or very few anyway. Just people who understand the necessity.

Any anger that comes across is generally at wilful ignorance or deliberate misinformation

• Advertisement

Always angry? I've made about 5 posts in this thread in the last 24 hours. If I made other ones in it it was months ago.

"pro lockdown" :pac:

I mean, any normal person might have seen some humour in that post. You see anger. Says more about you than me

No such thing as pro lockdown, or very few anyway. Just people who understand the necessity.

Any anger that comes across is generally at wilful ignorance or deliberate misinformation

I gave up on your posts ages ago, I just skip past them now.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,109 ✭✭✭✭AndrewJRenko

Lundstram wrote: »
    Aspiring Labour TD.

He wasn't tweeting about the yearly hospital overcrowding for the seasonal winter flu. No attention to be had there.

Covid19 is sexier = more likes.
    Anthony seems to be looking to get on the celebrity gravy train Along with Tony H, luke O’Neill and the lads. Who could blame him, coming to a radio station near you soon.

What's the excuse for not listening to Sean, from the same hospital? Has he got the wrong colour shirt maybe?

https://twitter.com/theseant/status/1347900356253118464

• Registered Users Posts: 40,230 ✭✭✭✭Boggles

I gave up on your posts ages ago, I just skip past them now.

:confused:

:pac:

Always angry? I've made about 5 posts in this thread in the last 25 hours. If I made other ones in it it was months ago.

"pro lockdown" :pac:

I mean, any normal person might have seen some humour in that post. You see anger. Says more about you than me

It’s partly the language you use, sounds angry or at least hungover.!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,443 ✭✭✭Tork

Apparently the doctor is virtue signalling and should have known what he was signing up for, according to another poster here. Just like every other doctor and nurses who are posting these...

• Registered Users Posts: 8,426 ✭✭✭FintanMcluskey

And always seem to be incredibly aggressive and insulting to those who don’t agree with their viewpoint

And always seem to be incredibly aggressive and insulting to those who don’t agree with their viewpoint

Irrelevant. That is damage limitation. Doesn't change that a person would be a selfish cunt for going. They are still a selfish cunt regardless of whether they are in the 95 or the 5 or whether they get one test or 100 tests after the fact

Alas, you're totally incorrect there. They would be a selfish individual if they irresponsibly went and came back and made no attempt to limit their movements or get tested.

If they go to the effort of ensuring they're not bringing the virus into the country, they should actually be commended, not condemned. Particularly when our utterly pathetic authorities keep insisting such care isn't necessary, and that travel only accounts for 0.5% of clusters.

(On a side note, can I just say how much I admire your dedication to bypassing the swear filter? It really adds so much eloquence to your arguments.)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,853 ✭✭✭✭Idbatterim

Mr. Karate wrote: »
    So deadly we need to lockdown the whole year and this year as well. :rolleyes:

If RTE were only able to tell us who actually died from this [not died from something else while having this virus, but will be counted as a death from this virus] then this would have been over months ago. We wouldn't be wearing masks and we wouldn't be standing on social distancing markers.

The more you thi k about it, whip up covid hysteria, lock everything down. Will get far more people reading the news, then the consequences which will be felt for years, will get far more people tuning in too..

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement