Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Relaxation of Restrictions, Part VII *Read OP For Mod Warnings*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,600 ✭✭✭Penfailed

manniot2 wrote: »
    highest in the world now we are. this is the result of restricting everyone all year. a massive spring was released and everyone is now sick at the same time. we can thank nphet.

You can thank the government.

Gigs '24 - Ben Ottewell and Ian Ball (Gomez), The Jesus & Mary Chain, The Smashing Pumpkins/Weezer, Pearl Jam, Green Day, Stendhal Festival, Forest Fest, Electric Picnic, Ride, PJ Harvey, Pixies, Public Service Broadcasting, Therapy?, IDLES(x2)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,597 ✭✭✭emeldc

manniot2 wrote: »
    highest in the world now we are. this is the result of restricting everyone all year. a massive spring was released and everyone is now sick at the same time. we can thank nphet.

You're actually contradicting yourself with that sentence :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 8,029 ✭✭✭SusieBlue

SnuggyBear wrote: »
    It would be nice if they gave us an idea of what the numbers would have to be to open certain things. Surely a month of this lockdown would be enough to open non essential.

During the summer we had less than 10 cases a day and no deaths, but Tony was still saying ‘we aren’t quite where we need to be’ and ‘the next two weeks are critical’.
    Expect more of the same this time around.

So if less than 10 cases wasn’t good enough after 4/5 months of lockdowns and restrictions, it’s safe to say no number will be good enough this time and they won’t reopen society until a significant portion of the population are vaccinated.
    The only reason they lifted the last lockdown at all was because they promised the 6 circuit breaker would give us a meaningful Christmas, if not for Christmas we’d probably still be in that lockdown.

Given the glacial progression of the vaccination efforts and the lack of information about numbers, who knows how long that’ll take. It’s anyone guess really.
    I had hedged my bets on having a nice Summer bit that’s looking less likely by the day.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,851 ✭✭✭✭average_runner

Penfailed wrote: »
    You can thank the government.

You can thank the people who didn't keep their contacts minimal. The people wanted it opened up, government gave them that.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,426 ✭✭✭FintanMcluskey

SusieBlue wrote: »
    During the summer we had less than 10 cases a day and no deaths, but Tony was still saying ‘we aren’t quite where we need to be’ and ‘the next two weeks are critical’.

So if less than 10 cases wasn’t good enough after 4/5 months of lockdowns and restrictions, it’s safe to say no number will be good enough this time and they won’t reopen society until a significant portion of the population are vaccinated.
    The only reason they lifted the last lockdown at all was because they promised the 6 circuit breaker would give us a meaningful Christmas, if not for Christmas we’d probably still be in that lockdown.

Given the glacial progression of the vaccination efforts and the lack of information about numbers, who knows how long that’ll take. It’s anyone guess really.
    I had hedged my bets on having a nice Summer bit that’s looking less likely by the day.

This is exactly the point I’ve been making.

Applying the metric seen to implement restrictions last Summer the same must be expected this Summer.

Restrictions nationwide and Dublin on lockdown.

• Advertisement

My dad got his vaccination today, 3 days ahead of the original date. Nursing home got completed in one day instead of two!!!!

Its because of Christmas we are back in the massive lockdown!!!

This is exactly the point I’ve been making.

Applying the metric seen to implement restrictions last Summer the same must be expected this Summer.

Restrictions nationwide and Dublin on lockdown.

Dublin was the same as the rest of the country last summer!!

• Registered Users Posts: 40,229 ✭✭✭✭Boggles

During the summer we had less than 10 cases a day and no deaths

Nope.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,657 ✭✭✭Whatsisname

Whats actually happening with the vaccination numbers back home? I know they got 10K delivered in the first batch but have they said how many have been vaccinated since, no? or how many more are on the way?

In the UK they're releasing the numbers weekly, 2 Million mark was announced today.

Whats actually happening with the vaccination numbers back home? I know they got 10K delivered in the first batch but have they said how many have been vaccinated since, no? or how many more are on the way?

In the UK they're releasing the numbers weekly, 2 Million mark was announced today.

Uk also announced that lots are going to waste because people not turning up for the vaccination.

We are ahead of schedule with the nursing homes, 3 days ahead of schedule.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 706 ✭✭✭manniot2

emeldc wrote: »
    You're actually contradicting yourself with that sentence :rolleyes:

how?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,599 ✭✭✭✭CIARAN_BOYLE

Plan is to announce the numbers every week at the HSE briefing. Last week it was arou d 15,000 with a plan to get to 35,000 by the end of the week. Someone said today that they beat the goal.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,651 ✭✭✭walus

Based on what Leo is saying, it’s more or less lockdown until summer. Probably schools and construction will reopen. Maybe non essential retail.

I’ll be shocked if restaurants open before summer. Depressing times ahead. Wish I could see the suicide stats for last year.

Suicide stats should be out in April.

”Where’s the revolution? Come on, people you’re letting me down!”

• Registered Users Posts: 17,853 ✭✭✭✭Idbatterim

I am relieved the way this has panned out, that the full financial ramifications of this farce will be felt. Another poster mentioned a few pages back how Saint tony was banging on about "concern"with a handful of cases a day during the summer, the **** health system, glacial vaccine rollout etc, spineless government etc, the chickens are going to come home to roost and I cannot wait!

The brother in law of the unfortunate woman seems to be quite a classy individual.

Assuming that this tweet is true.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,732 ✭✭✭Allinall

Idbatterim wrote: »
    I am relieved the way this has panned out, that the full financial ramifications of this farce will be felt. Another poster mentioned a few pages back how Saint tony was banging on about "concern"with a handful of cases a day during the summer, the **** health system, glacial vaccine rollout etc, spineless government etc, the chickens are going to come home to roost and I cannot wait!

that's a weird attitude to have.

Bit sad, really.

TomSweeney wrote: »
    And the media are obsessed with digging up these extremely rare deaths to scare...

They love the anecdotes more than facts and data.

• Registered Users Posts: 38,467 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Isn't a hope in hell of us not going with lockdown and lockdown now

People are fatigued of it and sad reality the mental health of people is getting worse and worse

Meanwhile in Bizarro world

SnuggyBear wrote: »
    It would be nice if they gave us an idea of what the numbers would have to be to open certain things. Surely a month of this lockdown would be enough to open non essential retail.

Don’t think so. The goalpost are shifting every day.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,867 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

Penfailed wrote: »
    I've just listened to the whole interview. He said he thinks things won't return to the way they were before the pandemic. He went on to say that there will be more people working from home than there were before and that mask wearing, social distancing and hand hygiene will be 'with us to a certain extent' in future flu seasons. That's it. No big deal.

He can fook off with this one. Never needed it before and I will not be going around in masks because someone in the office has the sniffles!

The thread summed up in one post.

Congratulations you.

My dad got his vaccination today, 3 days ahead of the original date. Nursing home got completed in one day instead of two!!!!

Its because of Christmas we are back in the massive lockdown!!!

So we should have stayed in level 5 to avoid level 5? Stay in lockdown to prevent a lockdown?

So we should have stayed in level 5 to avoid level 5? Stay in lockdown to prevent a lockdown?

Hitting nearly 1000 cases a day entering Christmas week was the downfall.

It's not that hard understand TBF.

The results are stark and undeniable.

At some stage certain people are just going to have to acknowledge the reality we are in and ranting and raving online and ignoring the pandemic are just not viable options.

Boggles wrote: »
    Nope.

We had many weeks during the summer with zero reported deaths. The death figures were extremely small throughout, so I don’t know what your ‘nope’ is directed at.

Amazing. You've posted similar before. You're going to revel in the financial pain felt by the country? You can't wait? I hope it doesn't affect you.

Gigs '24 - Ben Ottewell and Ian Ball (Gomez), The Jesus & Mary Chain, The Smashing Pumpkins/Weezer, Pearl Jam, Green Day, Stendhal Festival, Forest Fest, Electric Picnic, Ride, PJ Harvey, Pixies, Public Service Broadcasting, Therapy?, IDLES(x2)

During the summer we had less than 10 cases a day and no deaths,
    We had many weeks during the summer with zero reported deaths. The death figures were extremely small throughout, so I don’t know what your ‘nope’ is directed at.

TBF, I'm not the one contradicting myself.

So I think you can figure out the "Nope".

_Kaiser_ wrote: »
    He can fook off with this one. Never needed it before and I will not be going around in masks because someone in the office has the sniffles!

Neither will I. I would hope that if people are sick, they won't be going to the office.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,454 ✭✭✭showpony1

Leo said normal is unlikely to ever return.

This Summer won’t be normal but it will be a good one.

Whatever that means

it means he will be posting photos of him and his partner enjoying meals on social media.

• Advertisement

showpony1 wrote: »
    it means he will be posting photos of him and his partner enjoying meals on social media.

Tins in the park.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement