Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Relaxation of Restrictions, Part VII *Read OP For Mod Warnings*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,373 ✭✭✭Mr. Karate

Allinall wrote: »
    That’s rubbish.

Considering that they're determined to keep the lockdowns going it wouldn't surprise me if that's actually true.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,853 ✭✭✭✭Idbatterim

The markets have looked at us an said will I put my money in gold or instead pay Ireland to take the money.

at this exact moment, before we rack up tens of billions of extra in debt, yes. Lets see what happens when the tens of billions mount up on the existing high debt and the vultures start circling...

walus wrote: »
    Can you provide a source/link for this information?

https://www.reuters.com/article/ireland-bonds-idUSL1N2JG0GF

Idbatterim wrote: »
    at this exact moment, before we rack up tens of billions of extra in debt, yes. Lets see what happens when the tens of billions mount up on the existing high debt and the vultures start circling...

10 year bonds.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,757 ✭✭✭✭Kermit.de.frog

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,556 ✭✭✭Micky 32

Thankfully it will be all irrelevent and sent off to the archives by next Christmas.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,426 ✭✭✭FintanMcluskey

Proof at least that relentless lockdowns don’t work without delicate planning.

Europe’s most suppressed nation did what is expected of a suppressed nation

Micky 32 wrote: »
    Thankfully it will be all irrelevent and sent off to the archives by next Christmas.

I want to believe, but i wouldn't be surprised if they drag this into 2022 as well. Long enough for Leo take the reigns again.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,506 ✭✭✭muletide

Yes another annoying restriction question - apologies in advance.

Need to deliver firewood to my parents (>70 & vulnerable) in another county - well outside my 5km.

Of course I could just order it from someone for delivery, but the guy I get the wood off every winter for them cuts it to the right size for my parents two small stoves and doesn’t deliver. Also need to stack it in their garage for them.

Will this get me a €100 fine when I am stopped by AGS. I will not be meeting or interacting with anyone. Just me in the car/trailer collecting from one location, loading and unloading on my own. Before returning directly home.

Mr. Karate wrote: »
    I want to believe, but i wouldn't be surprised if they drag this into 2022 as well. Long enough for Leo take the reigns again.

We have very highly effective vaccines being rolled out, next xmas will be a very different scenario.

• Advertisement

We have very highly effective vaccines being rolled out, next xmas will be a very different scenario.

We're run by a highly ineffective government. That's the problem.

We're run by a highly ineffective government. That's the problem.

But the target was exceeded this week, up to 40k jabs given. Once more get delivered and ramped up i’m quite sure we’ll get there.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,342 ✭✭✭phormium

muletide wrote: »

Need to deliver firewood to my parents (>70 & vulnerable) in another county - well outside my 5km.

Of course I could just order it from someone for delivery, but the guy I get the wood off every winter for them cuts it to the right size for my parents two small stoves and doesn’t deliver. Also need to stack it in their garage for them.

Will this get me a €100 fine when I am stopped by AGS. I will not be meeting or interacting with anyone. Just me in the car/trailer collecting from one location, loading and unloading on my own. Before returning directly home.

Point 6 from Gov.ie

You can travel for the following reasons:

travel to and from work, where work involves providing an essential service
    teachers, SNAs and other school staff will be allowed to travel to school to facilitate distance learning
    to attend medical appointments and collect medicines and other health products
    travel to attend disability day services
    travel to attend a court
    for vital family reasons, such as providing care to children, elderly or vulnerable people, and in particular for those who live alone, but excluding social family visits
    for food shopping
    for farming purposes (food production or care of animals)
    to attend a wedding or funeral
    to visit a grave

• Registered Users Posts: 293 ✭✭Tpcl20

Essential care of an elderly relative. You're a pod.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,892 ✭✭✭the kelt

There’s probably a few here that would report ye and pay the solicitors fee to get you the maximum penalty possible but I reckon most Guards will be alright once ye explain what you are doing.

It could be fine under current regulations but to be honest I actually haven’t a clue at this stage there’s been so much effin around with levels plus, plus and minus level 5 when the blue moon is in the 4 quadrant of Saturn it’s ok to walk your dog backwards up the closest hill outside your 5 k after 6pm!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,303 ✭✭✭ceadaoin.

I doubt some people will be able to let it go by next Christmas and they'll still be complaining and hand wringing about normal human behaviour

• Registered Users Posts: 7,600 ✭✭✭Penfailed

If you're stopped and you explain what you've laid out in that post, I can't see there being an issue.

Gigs '24 - Ben Ottewell and Ian Ball (Gomez), The Jesus & Mary Chain, The Smashing Pumpkins/Weezer, Pearl Jam, Green Day, Stendhal Festival, Forest Fest, Electric Picnic, Ride, PJ Harvey, Pixies, Public Service Broadcasting, Therapy?, IDLES(x2)

I doubt you would have any issues there. My own experience, My partner lives 10km away and just across the border county. There was a checkpoint the other night at the border and it went like this “ what’s the purpose of your journey” me : “ visiting my partner” Garda “ no problem carry on”. The human element and Common sense has to play a part too.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,651 ✭✭✭walus

There is multiple ways to explain this, really. It came as no surprise to me.
    Looking at the 6 week period prior to Christmas (level 5) the compliance with the restriction was very poor already. The fact that the number of cases went down insignificantly in respect to the measures introduced was probably down not to the fact that the virus spread was constrained in any meaningful manner, but due to the fact that contact tracing was significantly impacted by shutting down the controllable environments. While the real number of cases was growing, the actual recorded number was falling. The second ‘lockdown’ was a disaster that did not fully show in the numbers at the time.

Therefore the current surge should not be looked at as a say 10 - fold increase but one that is much more moderate, 2-4 fold, as the real/actual number of cases was much higher during and after the said 6 weeks period. Forget the Christmas period. What we see today was brewing for much longer than people think. The numbers today are nothing extraordinary, it just a compounded effect of couple of factors that took place over an extended period of time.

”Where’s the revolution? Come on, people you’re letting me down!”

But the target was exceeded this week, up to 40k jabs given. Once more get delivered and ramped up i’m quite sure we’ll get there.

I want to believe, but I have no faith in them at this stage. They'll find some way to screw it up.

• Advertisement

I want to believe, but I have no faith in them at this stage. They'll find some way to screw it up.

That’s the problem reading these forums with all the doom and gloom, it makes you lose faith.

ceadaoin. wrote: »
    I doubt some people will be able to let it go by next Christmas and they'll still be complaining and hand wringing about normal human behaviour

Definitely. Some people are not going to adjust returning to normal when this is all said and done.

That’s the problem reading these forums with all the doom and gloom, it makes you lose faith.

Reading these forums has nothing to do with it. Watching the Govt **** up time and time again and then watching these clowns get re-elected time and time again makes you lose faith.

Definitely. Some people are not going to adjust returning to normal when this is all said and done.

I for one will do my own thing and will be taking no notice of them.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,934 ✭✭✭✭fin12

Blocked nose with no other symptoms, is that a sign of Coronavirus?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,289 ✭✭✭Galadriel

fin12 wrote: »
    Blocked nose with no other symptoms, is that a sign of Coronavirus?

Who the hell knows?! but my OH got a light head cold with no other symptoms then I got it with the added no taste/smell symptom and bam...covid!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,395 ✭✭✭GazzaL

Galadriel wrote: »
    Who the hell knows?! but my OH got a light head cold with no other symptoms then I got it with the added no taste/smell symptom and bam...covid!

I had a pain in my finger the other day. Could that be it? I put it down to cutting myself with a knife, but who knows.

GazzaL wrote: »
    I had a pain in my finger the other day. Could that be it? I put it down to cutting myself with a knife, but who knows.

Apparently pain in the toes is a COVID thing. Unless your runners are too small

• Registered Users Posts: 3,905 ✭✭✭Dickie10

I for one will do my own thing and will be taking no notice of them.

our big problem is will NYPHET let it go? and when , like i want the nightclubs,concerts,gigs in O2 , music festivals, comedy shows, theatre nights and horse racing events to come back, there the things i find life worth living for, and NYPHET i just cant see them releasing the reigns on much of that before christmas. im fearful we will still have cases among under 40s and that will be enough to keep the things i love locked up. no deaths, no hospitilisations but cases. but maybe they will stop testiing when it gets to that stage, thus no cases if no testing

• Advertisement

Apparently pain in the toes is a COVID thing. Unless your runners are too small

I actually read about Covid toes on Facebook!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement