Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Relaxation of Restrictions, Part VII *Read OP For Mod Warnings*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭TruthEnforcer

Just saw that All people entering the country must have a Negative Test before leaving the country they are coming from... But we all know that some people came from the UK 'Mainland' into Ireland via Northern Ireland, yet the Government are turning a blind eye to this...

• Registered Users Posts: 7,600 ✭✭✭Penfailed

Not really different than announcing how many people died with Covid each evening.

I'm not 'eager' to see that either.

Gigs '24 - Ben Ottewell and Ian Ball (Gomez), The Jesus & Mary Chain, The Smashing Pumpkins/Weezer, Pearl Jam, Green Day, Stendhal Festival, Forest Fest, Electric Picnic, Ride, PJ Harvey, Pixies, Public Service Broadcasting, Therapy?, IDLES(x2)

• Registered Users Posts: 33,645 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

They can never prove it, unless they remove lockdown to keep you happy.

Removed level 5 over xmas and we had 46 deaths as a result in one day

Those 46 deaths were reported on 1 day, but if you listened to the news last night they actually all took place in December.

So the figures are being presented in a way that is adding to the fear.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,224 ✭✭✭zerosugarbuzz

They can never prove it, unless they remove lockdown to keep you happy.

Removed level 5 over xmas and we had 46 deaths as a result in one day

With COVID not of COVID, can’t be overstated.

Ireland has essentially had lockdown for about 8 of the previous 10 months

That's essentially nonsense...but we've been over this before.

Gigs '24 - Ben Ottewell and Ian Ball (Gomez), The Jesus & Mary Chain, The Smashing Pumpkins/Weezer, Pearl Jam, Green Day, Stendhal Festival, Forest Fest, Electric Picnic, Ride, PJ Harvey, Pixies, Public Service Broadcasting, Therapy?, IDLES(x2)

• Advertisement

So lockdowns prevented 20-50 million deaths and basic mitigation like mask wearing and social distancing had no effect?

The two are not mutually exclusive...but you know that.

Penfailed wrote: »
    That's essentially nonsense...but we've been over this before.

Not really if you live in Dublin, bar 3 weeks at Christmas people haven’t been allowed leave.

46 Long wrote: »
    I'm not sure that masks - in practice anyway - really have much of an effect. Let's be honest, people are not wearing N95s. They're using whatever the chemist or corner shop has on sale, usually not worn properly and probably not washed after each use. We managed to get cases down to double digits without them in the summer. Holohan himself told the country that NPHET didn't recommend wearing one, as did the US Surgeon General Jerome Adams.

The emboldened text has been discussed numerous times. That was to prevent a run on face masks to free them up for the health service.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,003 ✭✭✭ronnie085

NIMAN wrote: »
    Those 46 deaths were reported on 1 day, but if you listened to the news last night they actually all took place in December.

2 from December, 44 from this month

• Registered Users Posts: 40,229 ✭✭✭✭Boggles

https://twitter.com/newschambers/status/1349052702404313089

• Advertisement

How do you know?

Have you seen all 46 medical reports and death certificates?

[HTML][/HTML]
    Boggles wrote: »
    How do you know?

Do you ever watch they news? When they are reporting the number of deaths they always say they died with covid,not from covid. Yes its sad to see people dying but not everyone dies from covid thats reported in the news

Just saw that All people entering the country must have a Negative Test before leaving the country they are coming from... But we all know that some people came from the UK 'Mainland' into Ireland via Northern Ireland, yet the Government are turning a blind eye to this...

They're not turning a blind eye. Their hands are tied. They can't do anything about it.

Not really if you live in Dublin, bar 3 weeks at Christmas people haven’t been allowed leave.

Allowed to leave where? The county? That's almost 1000km2. Lockdown?

Ireland doesn't just mean Dublin either.

[HTML][/HTML]

Do you ever watch they news? When they are reporting the number of deaths they always say they died with covid,not from covid. Yes its sad to see people dying but not everyone dies from covid thats reported in the news

Do they.

Have you a link to anyone saying that?

I don't think I have ever heard a news report at least in this country where they quantified their statement by saying "not from covid" - because that would be pretty daft wouldn't it? Because they haven't seen the medical reports or death certificates either have they?

Now the official term is related to Covid.
    The Health Protection Surveillance Centre has today been notified of 46 additional deaths related to COVID-19. 2 of these deaths occurred in December 2020, and the remaining 44 occurred in January 2021.

Now when all these deaths are officially ruled on, if mortal ailments caused by Covid didn't lead to their demise, these will be denotified.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,597 ✭✭✭emeldc

I don’t know what news bulletin you were listening to but not the same one as me anyway. There was only2 deaths in December. This idea that they’re manipulating the figures and using peoples deaths in a way to scare us Is just nonsense IMO.

Again, that's not true.

But sure, it doesn't really matter to you does it?

Do they.

Have you a link to anyone saying that?

I don't think I have ever heard a news report at least in this country where they quantified their statement by saying "not from covid" - because that would be pretty daft wouldn't it? Because they haven't seen the medical reports or death certificates either have they?

Now the official term is related to Covid.

Now when all these deaths are officially ruled on, if mortal ailments caused by Covid didn't lead to their demise, these will be denotified.

You must have a hearing problem so.Listen carefully to the news tonight when they are announcing the numbers. I know of one person who died of natural causes but it was reported as a covid related death and have heard of several cases of this over the last few months

You must have a hearing problem so.Listen carefully to the news tonight when they are announcing the numbers. I know of one person who died of natural causes but it was reported as a covid related death and have heard of several cases of this over the last few months

Jesus Títty Christ.

I just went out of way to explain the reality of the process to you.

But yeah I have a hearing problem.

:rolleyes:

...and then they are denotified.

• Advertisement

Jesus Títty Christ.

I just went out of way to explain the reality of the process to you.

But yeah I have a hearing problem.

:rolleyes:

Apologies for the way i replied :o. I just think they are filling us with sh!t when it comes to the numbers of how many people really died from covid. Can they not tell us the real actual numbers of covid deaths

How do you know?

Obviously not! With COVID is the way they announce it. Have you seen them as I’d love to know the ages, underlining conditions and locations of these people.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,851 ✭✭✭✭average_runner

No one was stopping you from leaving Dublin, they asked you not to leave Dublin. The gardai weren't stopping people from leaving, they were recommending only essential trips.

I left Dublin loads of times over the last 6 months. Will need to do it again this weekend.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,841 ✭✭✭✭Donald Trump

Sure nobody dies of HIV/AIDS either. Plenty have died with it.

Must be another conspiracy that public health around the world spend money and effort on it eh? :rolleyes:

Please stop with your crap. There are 10s of thousands of families in this country today going through awful worry due to having an infected family member. many more with a vulnerable family member or friend have been worried since last Feb

Obviously not! With COVID is the way they announce it. Have you seen them as I’d love to know the ages, underlining conditions and locations of these people.

Again why?

It will not under any circumstance validate your pandemic denial.

If you want to help tell all the people you know to stop getting their hair and nails done on the sly.

That will only lead to more perfectly healthy people being sent to care homes to die.

No one was stopping you from leaving Dublin, they asked you not to leave Dublin. The gardai weren't stopping people from leaving, they were recommending only essential trips.

I left Dublin loads of times over the last 6 months. Will need to do it again this weekend.

I really don’t get people like you who are happy with the lockdowns but break the rules. I disagree with level 5 but will adhere to the rules imposed.

Again why?

It will not under any circumstance validate your pandemic denial.

If you want to help tell all the people you know to stop getting their hair and nails done on the sly.

That will only lead to more perfectly healthy people being sent to care homes to die.

I’m not denying the pandemic. Again I asked you a question did you see the death certs? You asked me the same question I answered it.

I’m not denying the pandemic. Again I asked you a question did you see the death certs? You asked me the same question I answered it.

No.

But I wasn't confidently stating what they died of either way.

You were.

That can't be "overstated".

Sure nobody dies of HIV/AIDS either. Plenty have died with it.

Must be another conspiracy that public health around the world spend money and effort on it eh? :rolleyes:

Please stop with your crap. There are 10s of thousands of families in this country today going through awful worry due to having an infected family member. many more with a vulnerable family member or friend have been worried since last Feb

We were never locked down for HIV/aids. Last time I reply to you, go fix your hair.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,851 ✭✭✭✭average_runner

I really don’t get people like you who are happy with the lockdowns but break the rules. I disagree with level 5 but will adhere to the rules imposed.

Well I never gave you the reason why I leave Dublin. But my point was you are not stuck in Dublin.

We are in a heavy lockdown now because when in level 3, instead of keeping our social contacts low, we instead increase it to over a 50 or a 100 per person!!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement