Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Relaxation of Restrictions, Part VII *Read OP For Mod Warnings*

Options

Comments

Temperature check and antigen test at the door. Every day for everyone and every instance. No exceptions. Let the army do it if we must.

No?

I was on main thread earlier and it’s sad how many are brainwashed into believing that there is absolutely NOTHING that can be done to protect nursing homes other than blanket lockdown and no Covid in the community.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,228 ✭✭✭✭Boggles

46 Long wrote: »
    Our approach to Covid does not have to be a binary between 'lock it all down' and laissez faire 'let it rip'. Everyone recognizes that there has to be some form of mitigation but those of us who disagree with the current approach do so because we see the measures taken as disproportionate and frankly, of dubious benefit in actually controlling this thing.

There was a paper published in the European Journal of Clinical Observation the other day that analyzed lockdowns/restrictions (NPIs - non pharmaceutical interventions) across ten countries and reached the conclusion that while less-restrictive measures (social distancing and appeals to the public to reduce social activities) had a clear effect, more-restrictive measures like business closures and stay at home orders produced no clear additional benefits.

I just wasted my time reading it, wish I had looked up who the authors were first.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,426 ✭✭✭FintanMcluskey

Wha horsesh*t

I wouldn’t have expected any better from yourself

• Registered Users Posts: 6,504 ✭✭✭Silentcorner

I was on main thread earlier and it’s sad how many are brainwashed into believing that there is absolutely NOTHING that can be done to protect nursing homes other than blanket lockdown and no Covid in the community.

You can really see who has been gorging on Irish news and who hasn't, best decision I ever made was back in March when I figured the news cycle was going to be hysterical.

I'd advise anyone in particular those over 70 to ignore the media as much as humanly possible, for nothing else but your mental health, you can see how this news cycle has gotten the better of what would normally be rational people.

• Registered Users Posts: 38,463 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

RIP to those that sadly passed away

Feel we will won't get out of lockdowns for the rest of 2021 because of 'the covid deaths','hospitals been overrun', 'pressure on the healthcare workers' and the numbers. Stevie Wonder could see that the numbers will go up when we open things up again but NPHET and Government will panic yet again and lock us down

Getting very very sick of this

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 827 ✭✭✭HalfAndHalf

Temperature check and antigen test at the door. Every day for everyone and every instance. No exceptions. Let the army do it if we must.

No?

Yet you’re on the mask thread saying you’re anti-mask. You’re very confused!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,598 ✭✭✭Penfailed

PTH2009 wrote: »

Feel we will won't get out of lockdowns for the rest of 2021 because of 'the covid deaths','hospitals been overrun', 'pressure on the healthcare workers' and the numbers. Stevie Wonder could see that the numbers will go up when we open things up again but NPHET and Government will panic yet again and lock us down

We should be back to relative normality in the summer...

Gigs '24 - Ben Ottewell and Ian Ball (Gomez), The Jesus & Mary Chain, The Smashing Pumpkins/Weezer, Pearl Jam, Green Day, Stendhal Festival, Forest Fest, Electric Picnic, Ride, PJ Harvey, Pixies, Public Service Broadcasting, Therapy?, IDLES(x2)

Penfailed wrote: »
    We should be back to relative normality in the summer...

What are you basing this on?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,597 ✭✭✭emeldc

So when yourself and Stevie see the numbers increasing again after we open up, what would your plan be. To stay open and let it run riot? Seriously, what’s the plan.

I wouldn’t have expected any better from yourself

It’s pure unadulterated manure that you are spouting now. “Nursing homes won’t be as full in the future”. If you actually followed the science of what is happening you would know that the rapid acceleration of the use of mRNA technology during the pandemic is on a par with the discovery of antibiotics in what it is going to do long term for human health and well-being. To know that you would need to inform yourself of what is happening on the real world however, and not in the invented reality of the “it’s only a flu bro” coven

• Advertisement

It’s pure unadulterated manure that you are spouting now. “Nursing homes won’t be as full in the future”. If you actually followed the science of what is happening you would know that the rapid acceleration of the use of mRNA technology during the pandemic is on a par with the discovery of antibiotics in what it is going to do long term for human health and well-being. To know that you would need to inform yourself of what is happening on the real world however, and not in the invented reality of the “it’s only a flu bro” coven
    Babies born in Ireland on New Year’s Day have an average life expectancy of 105.6 years

Will you stop trying to sound informed, it’s getting old now and you do not have one iota about the mechanics of what what you are posting about.

Now unfortunately there is a link between economic performance and longevity

Look up the reality of that, not the invented reality of free money or perpetual PUP

emeldc wrote: »
    So when yourself and Stevie see the numbers increasing again after we open up, what would your plan be. To stay open and let it run riot? Seriously, what’s the plan.

We have to live with the virus and trust places/people to take responsibility with masks/social distancing etc

This in and out of lockdown solves nothing

• Registered Users Posts: 860 ✭✭✭one armed dwarf

We have to live with the virus and trust places/people to take responsibility with masks/social distancing etc

What if they don't take responsibility?

What if they don't take responsibility?

Tough luck on them

• Registered Users Posts: 860 ✭✭✭one armed dwarf

Tough luck on them

On us, you mean

Do you know I agree with you about responsibility etc but unfortunately a huge amount of people ran amok in the run up to Xmas leaving us where we are now.

Will you stop trying to sound informed, it’s getting old now and you do not have one iota about the mechanics of what what you are posting about.

Look up the reality of that, not the invented reality of free money or perpetual PUP

Economics is yet another subject you don’t bother informing yourself on, just regurgitating talking points because you can’t go for a pint. Long term economic forecasts for Ireland are positive.

Boggles wrote: »

Seen that, but what determines being alive I wonder?

Should that come to pass, even though some say it can’t, those citizens will resemble Struldbrug not Dorian Gray.

Seen that, but what determines being alive I wonder?

Should that come to pass, even though some say it can’t, those citizens will resemble Struldbrug not Dorian Gray.

Fúck knows, but the idea that nursing homes are going to be less full is complete and utter bollíx.

• Advertisement

Economics is yet another subject you don’t bother informing yourself on, just regurgitating talking points because you can’t go for a pint. Long term economic forecasts for Ireland are positive.

Stop the immature nonsense about going for pints.

It’s imaginary, and it makes your posts and argument look even more remedial.

Boggles wrote: »
    Fúck knows, but the idea that nursing homes are going to be less full is complete and utter bollíx.

So it’s bolix that the economy is going to feel any effect whatsoever?

Jeasus, kinder garden economics

• Registered Users Posts: 1,651 ✭✭✭walus

Yeah, that is what I don’t get. Selective isolation apparently can not provide adequate measures to provide protection to the vulnerable minority, yet we can restrict the lives of the majority for many months on end to provide that protection. The latter was touted as the only way we could do it reliably. The former deemed pure madness. While the latter worked initially, look where we are today.

Why can’t we move resources and vaccine where the virus hits the most, especially now, is something I don’t understand. It just seems like because it is a contrarian strategy and requires different mindset, because of the sunk cost thus far it is never going to even be considered. If implemented and proven to work would make many positions in this country redundant.

”Where’s the revolution? Come on, people you’re letting me down!”

Stop the immature nonsense about going for pints.

It’s imaginary, and it makes your posts and argument look even more remedial.

It’s not me who thinks restrictions do nothing to save lives even though we are in the middle of our third restriction induced drop, and it’s been repeated all over Europe. Something must explain the blinkers?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,784 ✭✭✭froog

Fintan you don't even know how the virus is transmitted to be fair. I wouldnt be lecturing anyone on the mechanics of anything.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,651 ✭✭✭walus

I would agree that care homes will present a fantastic investment opportunity in a not so distant future. People live long and will live even longer in the future.

As for the mRNA vaccine I would rather hold my praise for a couple of years. Let’s see first how it reacts in bodies of those people with a history of gamma retroviruses.

”Where’s the revolution? Come on, people you’re letting me down!”

So it’s bolix that the economy is going to feel any effect whatsoever?

Jeasus, kinder garden economics

No he said the nursing homes thing was bollix, the economy thing is positive:)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,048 ✭✭✭✭normanoffside

walus wrote: »
    Yeah, that is what I don’t get. Selective isolation apparently can not provide adequate measures to provide protection to the vulnerable minority, yet we can restrict the lives of the majority for many months on end to provide that protection. The latter was touted as the only way we could do it reliably. The former deemed pure madness. While the former worked initially, look where we are today.

Why can’t we move resources and vaccine when the virus hits the most, especially now, is something I don’t understand. It just seems like because it is contrarian strategy and require different mindset, because of the sunk cost thus far it is never going to even be considered. If implemented and proven to work would make many positions in this country redundant.

I had someone arguing with me that Antigen tests were too costly (at €5 each), yeah like we haven't thrown billions at this already.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,598 ✭✭✭Penfailed

What are you basing this on?

Last summer...and you saying that most of Europe was currently relatively normal...

Gigs '24 - Ben Ottewell and Ian Ball (Gomez), The Jesus & Mary Chain, The Smashing Pumpkins/Weezer, Pearl Jam, Green Day, Stendhal Festival, Forest Fest, Electric Picnic, Ride, PJ Harvey, Pixies, Public Service Broadcasting, Therapy?, IDLES(x2)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,048 ✭✭✭✭normanoffside

This argument is getting tiresome and to be honest should be a bannable offence at this stage (unless the poster you are disagreeing with says that's what he wants to do).

I don't know anyone right now that thinks they should be allowed to 'go for pints' but you assume that's what everyone with a contrarian view to you thinks and desires.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement