Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Relaxation of Restrictions, Part VII *Read OP For Mod Warnings*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 400 ✭✭bettyoleary

Penfailed wrote: »
    I meant social distancing in workplaces, shops, restaurants and pubs. If I was trying to get laid, I wouldn't let a pandemic get in the way...
    no is quite obvious you wouldnt you helped to spread the infection as much as it has. Selfish, stupid are just a few words. Your prob ugly as well. Dont be giving ot about buisineses closing. You are the cause. Work away.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,934 ✭✭✭✭fin12

Ice cream in China now has the virus. But don’t worry they have it quarantined. Seriously how does it survive on ice cream?

People die every day of lots of different things.

The risk of Covid killing you at that age is incredibly small, almost such a small risk that if you were worried about it a quick lesson in risk analysis of daily activities would cause one to never leave the house
    If youve worked in a testing centre with people coming for swabs for various reasons either to get out of work or bcos they are ill you would know the staff are overwhelmed and trying their best. Youe are a selfish piece of work the majority that caused tis outbreak are the likes of you. work away Finbar

• Registered Users Posts: 8,426 ✭✭✭FintanMcluskey

no is quite obvious you wouldnt you helped to spread the infection as much as it has. Selfish, stupid are just a few words. Your prob ugly as well. Dont be giving ot about buisineses closing. You are the cause. Work away.

Im not sure if your being sarcastic here

I hope you are

• Registered Users Posts: 6,556 ✭✭✭Micky 32

Mr. Karate wrote: »
    Flights are still coming and going from Dublin Airport every day. So people are going to want to travel. I'm booked for 2 weeks in NY in June and I'm going. If the clowns in Govt and media can tell us to stay home and still take off on vacations than so can the rest of us.

I know a married couple who went to the states for Thanksgiving and then back over for Xmas to their family. However they are USA citizens living here in Ireland. The borders are closed for non US citizens.

• Advertisement

If youve worked in a testing centre with people coming for swabs for various reasons either to get out of work or bcos they are ill you would know the staff are overwhelmed and trying their best. Youe are a selfish piece of work the majority that caused tis outbreak are the likes of you. work away Finbar

You know absolutely nothing about me.

It is a discussion forum though, not a Catholic choir discussion group from the 1950s.

Yours faithfully

Finbar

• Registered Users Posts: 10,048 ✭✭✭✭normanoffside

Was about to post that.

They are already sick of it and they weren’t nearly as suppressed as Ireland

They went a few steps further in Poland.

https://twitter.com/otwieramy/status/1348602099089682432

Im not sure if your being sarcastic here

I hope you are
    im not at all, just being truthful Millions of cars lining up for testing, bcos they have mixed with people and dont give a **** about it. putting swabbers at risk. Expect nurses to look after them if they are ill. Maybe take advantage if they can get out of work. Thats the reality. Selfish thats whats spread the covid and nothing else

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,535 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

Mod:

Threadbanned

• Registered Users Posts: 23,712 ✭✭✭✭pjohnson

They went a few steps further in Poland.

https://twitter.com/otwieramy/status/1348602099089682432

So are you boys ready to admit its all about the pubs yet?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,373 ✭✭✭Mr. Karate

Micky 32 wrote: »
    I know a married couple who went to the states for Thanksgiving and then back over for Xmas to their family. However they are USA citizens living here in Ireland. The borders are closed for non US citizens.

Luckily I'm a Dual citizen as well. :D

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,535 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

Mod:

Poster has been threadbanned and can't respond, no need to quote them again folks.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,556 ✭✭✭Micky 32

Mr. Karate wrote: »
    Luckily I'm a Dual citizen as well. :D

I can claim dual citizenship myself must get on it.. You should have no problems so. Hoping i get back over there in a year or so, have family over there.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,395 ✭✭✭GazzaL

pjohnson wrote: »
    So are you boys ready to admit its all about the pubs yet?

tenor.gif

GazzaL wrote: »
    tenor.gif

Cool.

I expected the denial but seemed that some of ye were forgetting to follow that particular script. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,395 ✭✭✭GazzaL

pjohnson wrote: »
    Cool.

I expected the denial but seemed that some of ye were forgetting to follow that particular script. ;)

The general thrust of the above posts were that people in Italy and Poland were rebelling against nonsensical lockdowns.

GazzaL wrote: »
    The general thrust of the above posts were that people in Italy and Poland were rebelling against nonsensical lockdowns.

Thats more like it Gaz.

Penfailed wrote: »
    I can't say, with hand on heart, that I'd be doing the same if I was young, free and single.

I’ve been making this point since this began.

My circumstances at present mean I naturally follow the advice weather it’s there or not.

I can say, when I was 20 I wouldn’t have listened to it for a year, if even at all.

The finger wagging is hard to listen too

I’ve been making this point since this began.

My circumstances at present mean I naturally follow the advice weather it’s there or not.

I can say, when I was 20 I wouldn’t have listened to it for a year, if even at all.

The finger wagging is hard to listen too

Talking of finger wagging...

https://twitter.com/ZaraKing/status/1350501950274613253

• Registered Users Posts: 3,905 ✭✭✭Dickie10

only hope to all this is, that when uk and europe vaccinate and open up, we cant be outliers , too much money wrapped up in things like concerts world tours/theatre /comedy tours/international sports events like euro 2020 pressure should tell and government will go over NYPHET.

Lets be clear it looks like Tony and NYPHET would happily shut pubs and nightclubs and concerts each winter for 3 months if they could get away with it. they would probably put a time limit on people in a pub too, or have drink token that you cant have more than 3 drinks in one 24 hr period, all this stuff . you can see already the days of cheap alchol in supermarkets are gone, next step no alchol bar wine sold in shops and supermarkets

• Advertisement

Good lord

Is the NPHET briefing happening via zoom yet?

Good lord

No, they're not complying with their own advice either

• Registered Users Posts: 1,373 ✭✭✭Mr. Karate

No, they're not complying with their own advice either

It would be more shocking if they actually did start complying with their own advice and restrictions.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,528 ✭✭✭copeyhagen

Boggles wrote: »
    Indeed.

But your claim that no one under 55 has died this month is not accurate.

it was from the data i had seen, which might have been a day or two out of date.

which probably means 1 person under 65 died with covid which is terrible but seriously.....

copeyhagen wrote: »
    it was from the data i had seen, which might have been a day or two out of date.

which probably means 1 person under 65 died with covid which is terrible but seriously.....

Does the vaccine for Covid prevent death in future?

Some seem to think it will

• Registered Users Posts: 1,454 ✭✭✭showpony1

I think the vast majority have pretty much been doing nothing for at least two weeks - yet they are saying 3231 cases. what could be the cause of this?

Tony is saying people aren't complying fully, if anything i think people are doing less than they were in the November Lockdown aka the takeaway pints era. I really don't know what he thinks people are getting up to.

Keeps stressing stay at home, nothing is open Tony...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,066 ✭✭✭Thespoofer

Lundstram wrote: »
    Good on them. Similar goings on in Poland and Switzerland. People can only take so much.

https://www.rt.com/news/512744-italy-restaurants-protest-lockdown/

The Dambusters!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,370 ✭✭✭pconn062

Good lord

No the rules only apply to the little people. Tony still needs his daily media fix, good for the profile. And he can work away as normal earning a full salary while chastising people whose businesses are ruined about "not complying enough".

"All animals are equal, some are just more equal than others".

• Registered Users Posts: 12,851 ✭✭✭✭average_runner

showpony1 wrote: »
    I think the vast majority have pretty much been doing nothing for at least two weeks - yet they are saying 3231 cases. what could be the cause of this?

Tony is saying people aren't complying fully, if anything i think people are doing less than they were in the November Lockdown aka the takeaway pints era. I really don't know what he thinks people are getting up to.

2 house parties up the road from us last night.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33,645 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

showpony1 wrote: »

The roads are definitely a lot quieter than the last L5 we had.
    I WFH, only venture into town once a week now, to do the 'big shop'.
    Perhaps visit little local shop once as well to restock on milk and bread, but outside of that its just a walk or cycle within 2km.

I think most are complying too. And if he thinks loads of others aren't, perhaps we need to see the evidence.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement