Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Relaxation of Restrictions, Part VII *Read OP For Mod Warnings*

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,330 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

KrustyUCC wrote: »
    It's more accepting

Allows some family who will stick to the restrictions to head home for Christmas

Long term I hate level 3 as it's stick to your own county and now fines for breaking the restrictions

You don't have to pay the fine, you can challenge it through the court system. If you get fined go visit a GP and get a fitness to work cert the same day.
    I'll help organize your go fund me. If your healthy there's no way the High court will rule you should be restricted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,876 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Ryanair a bit tongue in cheek with there words for a promotional email I got

'Lockdown ending, home for Christmas'

I agree on most things except the pub thing. If gastro pubs are allowed to reopen then all pubs should be open with measurements in place like they were in the summer

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,907 ✭✭✭acequion

It's more accepting

Allows some family who will stick to the restrictions to head home for Christmas

Long term I hate level 3 as it's stick to your own county and now fines for breaking the restrictions

Did I read that intercounty travel will be allowed from 18th Dec-3rd Jan, give or take a day? How is that good? How can it be in any way good that they plan already to lock us back up in our counties come Jan 3rd?? And from Jan 3rd to when exactly????

I hope I misread it. While I am happy to get some freedoms back I'd be more apprehensive for the long term. The girl on Prime Time representing the vintners said she'd be happy to stick it out for a few more weeks if they would allow us to actually live with it in 2021. I feel the same.

The idea of going back to this miserable crap after xmas and the certainty of a recession looming when this thing eventually ends is beyond depressing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,934 ✭✭✭✭fin12

acequion wrote: »
    Did I read that intercounty travel will be allowed from 18th Dec-3rd Jan, give or take a day? How is that good? How can it be in any way good that they plan already to lock us back up in our counties come Jan 3rd?? And from Jan 3rd to when exactly????

I hope I misread it. While I am happy to get some freedoms back I'd be more apprehensive for the long term. The girl on Prime Time representing the vintners said she'd be happy to stick it out for a few more weeks if they would allow us to actually live with it in 2021. I feel the same.

The idea of going back to this miserable crap after xmas and the certainty of a recession looming when this thing eventually ends is beyond depressing.

So they have literally already decided on the date of the next lockdown, January 3rd.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 982 ✭✭✭Rrrrrr2

fin12 wrote: »
    So they have literally already decided on the date of the next lockdown, January 3rd.

It’s pretty clear as things stand we are stuck in a perpetual cycle of this crap until god knows when.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,312 ✭✭✭paw patrol

PTH2009 wrote: »
    Ryanair a bit tongue in cheek with there words for a promotional email I got

'Lockdown ending, home for Christmas'

I know they are driven by profit but Ryanair are one of the only corporates I can respect after this covid debacle , they questioned , challenged and refused to play clappy seal like pretty much all the rest.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,208 ✭✭✭Spudman_20000

Rrrrrr2 wrote: »
    It’s pretty clear as things stand we are stuck in a perpetual cycle of this crap until god knows when.

No we're not. Surely there's no earthly way the government are stupid enough to think they can allow businesses to reopen in December, only to close them again in January? Then again, who knows what this spineless government will do.

Do people think it's just a matter of business owners unlocking their doors, switching on the lights and viola, they're back in business? There's significant costs to reopening.

I'd imagine a lot of gastro pubs and restaurants won't even bother re-opening from the 7th if the leaks on limitations are to be believed. Couple of weeks of business will be a fart in the wind if there's any threat of closure again in January.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,242 ✭✭✭brisan

We know that house parties and schools have been a problem. We also know from tracing that infections have been acquired at restaurants.

We also had at one stage a low prevalence of the virus but complacency allowed it to catch up and/or newly imported cases

If we want to stop the virus then
    Close schools
    Close hospitals
    Close nursing homes
    They are the main source of the spread

So, the 5km or some other nonsense travel ban will remain in place?

Will I be allowed to travel more than 5KM for retail, hotels etc?

Not that I’d follow this nonsense anyways but would be good to know what the official line is.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,153 ✭✭✭✭iamwhoiam

I agree on most things except the pub thing. If gastro pubs are allowed to reopen then all pubs should be open with measurements in place like they were in the summer

I also think that opening only some pubs will concentrate people into those open .

• Registered Users Posts: 3,328 ✭✭✭Banana Republic 1

brisan wrote: »
    If we want to stop the virus then
    Close schools
    Close hospitals
    Close nursing homes
    They are the main source of the spread

If they actually went about enforcing the rules that came with level 5. The virus gets into to nursing homes it doesn’t spring out of them. Same with hospitals and schools, there are silva tests now that you can do everyday they make be as accurate as the pcr one but by doing them regularly the virus would be pinned down. The government should be introducing theses thing but it’s like computer says no.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,599 ✭✭✭✭CIARAN_BOYLE

Does anyone know when they are planning on making the announcement?

I presume cabinet all day today and announcement late tonight.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,074 ✭✭✭✭Busi_Girl08

Does anyone know when they are planning on making the announcement?

I presume cabinet all day today and announcement late tonight.

They don't want it to clash with the Toy Show, so I would say by 8pm at the latest.

Deaths, the only verifiable metric.

Ok show me your cost benefit analysis. I think it is just a massive dose of paranoia, lockdown is not great but it won't kill you.

People dying every day during lockdown
    Ask Tony

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,599 ✭✭✭✭CIARAN_BOYLE

They don't want it to clash with the Toy Show, so I would say by 8pm at the latest.

So another 11 hours of speculation to come.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,074 ✭✭✭✭Busi_Girl08

So another 11 hours of speculation to come.

And a pillow to scream into for everyone in the audience!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,330 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

Kids are really in for a treat tonight, Clown show followed by the Toy show.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,135 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

Imagine Michael walking in dressed as a sneaky fox at the start of the Toy Show with an announcement.

Are you pro bareback too?
    Well I am
    I have not worn a condom in the last 30 years

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,465 ✭✭✭FintanMcluskey

One is out of his depth and costing us a fortune during Covid, the other is called Micheal

• Registered Users Posts: 982 ✭✭✭Rrrrrr2

Toy show will be horrific tonight. Can only just imagine the pontifical speech at the start of it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,465 ✭✭✭FintanMcluskey

brisan wrote: »
    Well I am
    I have not worn a condom in the last 30 years

Married I assume?

Imagine Michael walking in dressed as a sneaky fox at the start of the Toy Show with an announcement.

Unless Micheál is announcing every pub can reopen, he could do his best All Jolson impersonation for all I care. We know the story by now, minor concessions aren't going to cut it for most of the hospitality sector. NPHET know where they can stick their "gastro-pub" folly, not going into an environment filled with pompous annuals who order tap water.

If they actually went about enforcing the rules that came with level 5. The virus gets into to nursing homes it doesn’t spring out of them. Same with hospitals and schools, there are silva tests now that you can do everyday they make be as accurate as the pcr one but by doing them regularly the virus would be pinned down. The government should be introducing theses thing but it’s like computer says no.

The virus got into nursing homes through
    Patients from hospitals being released untested back to nursing homes
    Healthcare workers
    They knew this last April
    Why they allowed it to continue is beyond comprehension
    There should be 2 or 3 hospitals countrywide that are purely Covid hospitals

Married I assume?

Clergy...:D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,447 ✭✭✭Ginger n Lemon

Boris Johnson 'facing Tory revolt' over plans to impose tough restrictions on 99% of English population
    More than 55 million people will be placed into Tier 2 and Tier 3 from next week.

https://www.thejournal.ie/uk-covid-19-restrictions-december-boris-johnson-tory-revolt-5280530-Nov2020/

Common sense pulling through. Will be pretty ironic if the traditionally more advanced nation that is England is behind on covid restrictions easing to, wait for it, Mehole Martin and co.

Let's hope it happens, it's important to see how all aspects of Covid culture are received and not received.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 281 ✭✭Fodla

Boris Johnson 'facing Tory revolt' over plans to impose tough restrictions on 99% of English population
    More than 55 million people will be placed into Tier 2 and Tier 3 from next week.

https://www.thejournal.ie/uk-covid-19-restrictions-december-boris-johnson-tory-revolt-5280530-Nov2020/

Common sense pulling through. Will be pretty ironic if the traditionally more advanced nation that is England is behind on covid restrictions easing to, wait for it, Mehole Martin and co.

The "conservative" Johnson and his merry band of advisers warn of mutations. Imagine that. I'm amazed:

https://www.breitbart.com/europe/2020/11/26/uk-govt-lockdown-likely-to-last-12-months-hard-winter-coming/

• Advertisement

rusty cole wrote: »
    Clergy...:D

After Bishop Casey I’d say all clergy wear condoms :D

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement