Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Relaxation of Restrictions, Part VII *Read OP For Mod Warnings*

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,531 ✭✭✭pottokblue

Cant wait for cinemas to reopen... and see "Crockofgold"

• Registered Users Posts: 3,328 ✭✭✭Banana Republic 1

brisan wrote: »
    The virus got into nursing homes through
    Patients from hospitals being released untested back to nursing homes
    Healthcare workers
    They knew this last April
    Why they allowed it to continue is beyond comprehension
    There should be 2 or 3 hospitals countrywide that are purely Covid hospitals

I agree with you on all but the last point. A, I don't think the HSE is anywhere near organised enough to have such a regime. B. The area that have these hospitals and would become no go areas. I think there may be a stigma built up like there is with broadmore or something.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,328 ✭✭✭Banana Republic 1

pottokblue wrote: »

I got a email with Black Friday offer from the local omniplex today.

• Registered Users Posts: 982 ✭✭✭Rrrrrr2

Boris Johnson 'facing Tory revolt' over plans to impose tough restrictions on 99% of English population
    More than 55 million people will be placed into Tier 2 and Tier 3 from next week.

https://www.thejournal.ie/uk-covid-19-restrictions-december-boris-johnson-tory-revolt-5280530-Nov2020/

Common sense pulling through. Will be pretty ironic if the traditionally more advanced nation that is England is behind on covid restrictions easing to, wait for it, Mehole Martin and co.

From what I gather most of England is remaining in lockdowns of different forms, like ourselves except more regionalised . It ain’t going down very well

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,144 ✭✭✭stargazer 68

pottokblue wrote: »

In the meantime just turn on RTE and see 'Crockofsh*t' :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,892 ✭✭✭the kelt

I take it any semblance of regional lockdown easing is done?

If one area is doing well with numbers and others arent, sure just lock down the entire country?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 281 ✭✭Fodla

Rrrrrr2 wrote: »
    From what I gather most of England is remaining in lockdowns of different forms, like ourselves except more regionalised . It ain’t going down very well

Yes. Simon Dolan put it best: "Lockdown ends to be replaced by lockdown."

More pain coming in retail
    https://www.google.ie/amp/s/news.sky.com/story/amp/greens-topshop-empire-arcadia-group-faces-collapse-within-days-12143752

Presume their outlets and concessions here will also be hit. Ah well, maybe we can fill them with more charity and vape shops

• Closed Accounts Posts: 281 ✭✭Fodla

Rrrrrr2 wrote: »
    More pain coming in retail
    https://www.google.ie/amp/s/news.sky.com/story/amp/greens-topshop-empire-arcadia-group-faces-collapse-within-days-12143752

Presume their outlets and concessions here will also be hit. Ah well, maybe we can fill them with more charity and vape shops

By design, in my opinion.

Fodla wrote: »

Well one thing we know for sure is the mega e-retailing conglomerates like Amazon are certainly doing very very well out of all this

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,892 ✭✭✭the kelt

I see NPHET had to revise their numbers from yesterday.

There was talk about how the positivity rate from yesterday was high, coincidentally on the day they gave their recommendations, positivity rate was high!

Turns out they miscounted the actual number of test and today increased that by 50%.

Positivity rate was 2.18% yesterday rather than the higher figures being quoted, 7 day average positivity rate is 2.65% but of course yesterday the increase in positivity rate was a "concern" on the very day they made recommendations.

2.65%!!!!

the kelt wrote: »
    I see NPHET had to revise their numbers from yesterday.

There was talk about how the positivity rate from yesterday was high, coincidentally on the day they gave their recommendations, positivity rate was high!

Turns out they miscounted the actual number of test and today increased that by 50%.

Positivity rate was 2.18% yesterday rather than the higher figures being quoted, 7 day average positivity rate is 2.65% but of course yesterday the increase in positivity rate was a "concern" on the very day they made recommendations.

2.65%!!!!

NPHET "mistakeningly" counting extra figures again on the day of restriction reviews? Wow, I'm shocked

• Registered Users Posts: 716 ✭✭✭Paddygreen

Fodla wrote: »

Why waste time going to several businesses run by what are little more than clueless local peasantry when in no time you will be able to get everything drone delivery from one giant international corporation like Amazon. All we need is Amazon and a handful of other corps, time to reset and consign all the local Seamus, Mary and Sanjay chancers to the dustbin of history, they just don’t have the expertise for business.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 24,420 Mod ✭✭✭✭robindch

RobitTV wrote: »
    Danny Healy-Rae:"God almighty, having people outside at this time of the year in the cold and the damp, you’re only asking for trouble. They’ll die with pneumonia."

You know the world has changed when the Healy-Rae's are speaking the most sense, and everybody else has become hysterical and borderline insane.
    Hardly worth pointing out that pneumonia isn't caused by the cold and damp outside, but by transmission of the bacteria responsible which happens more in winter than summer because everybody's inside with the windows closed (blocking ventilation and removal of infected droplets) to keep the heat in and the cold and damp out.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,447 ✭✭✭Ginger n Lemon

Paddygreen wrote: »
    Why waste time going to several businesses run by what are little more than clueless local peasantry when in no time you will be able to get everything drone delivery from one giant international corporation like Amazon. All we need is Amazon and a handful of other corps, time to reset and consign all the local Seamus, Mary and Sanjay chancers to the dustbin of history, they just don’t have the expertise for business.

That is 1 of the meanest things ever said in this thread.

SMEs employ majority of people in this country, if your advice is followed we ll have 50% + unemployment.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 232 ✭✭AssetBacked2

SMEs employ majority of people in this country, if your advice is followed we ll have 50% + unemployment.

You can see the bitterness coming out in posts more and more as talk of easing lockdown increases. It is really showing the true colours of those calling for restrictions.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,302 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

Ok might be a stupid question.
    The restrictions on intercounty travel are likely to go for a short time on the 18th...
    I am based in dublin...I want to get to co down to see my sister etc.
    My partner works in healthcare...they have to complete form to say no one in their household has travelled outside of Ireland...if they have he is out of work for 2 weeks...does the north count or not I wonder?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,330 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

the kelt wrote: »
    I take it any semblance of regional lockdown easing is done?

If one area is doing well with numbers and others arent, sure just lock down the entire country?

That's my main issue with the plan, I'm in a place with a a rate of 66 per 100,000 and there all due to an outbreak in a nursing home 20km away. It's probably around 0 at the moment as there old cases that should fall off next week.

If your doing well your county should be rewarded with little or no restrictions.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,465 ✭✭✭FintanMcluskey

gmisk wrote: »
    Ok might be a stupid question.
    The restrictions on intercounty travel are likely to go for a short time on the 18th...
    I am based in dublin...I want to get to co down to see my sister etc.
    My partner works in healthcare...they have to complete form to say no one in their household has travelled outside of Ireland...if they have he is out of work for 2 weeks...does the north count or not I wonder?

Please ask this in the main thread.

I’m bored at work and I’m looking forward to the outrage

robindch wrote: »
    Hardly worth pointing out that pneumonia isn't caused by the cold and damp outside, but by transmission of the bacteria responsible which happens more in winter than summer because everybody's inside with the windows closed (blocking ventilation and removal of infected droplets) to keep the heat in and the cold and damp out.

There must be billions of infected droplets in various stages of potentially deadly potency floating around out there. Absolutely bone chilling when you think about it, the sheer and all pervasive horror that waits for us this dark and forbidding winter, hanging in the air like the reapers scythe in preparation for the dark harvest.

• Advertisement

Am I the only person noticing a growing number of posters that want to keep the pubs and restaurants closed so we can avoid future lockdown......

So essentially, remain locked down to avoid... lockdown...

I can’t believe what I am reading.

About time. I never liked taxi drivers anyway...

skynews-taxi-black-cab_5176705.jpg?20201119010232

• Registered Users Posts: 2,282 ✭✭✭CruelSummer

It's a parody account ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,444 ✭✭✭dalyboy

Aha , “the great reset”
    Sure that’s only a conspiracy theory yeah ?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,517 ✭✭✭RobitTV

Joe Duffy will be interesting today.

"We have ignored NPHET again"
    "We have gone against the advice of Doctor Holohan, it's disgusting Joe"
    "There are too many teenagers outside JOE"
    "People should be banned from travelling JOE, it's as simple as that"
    "I see people out my window all the time JOE"
    "There are gatherings everywhere JOE, it's out of control, sweet mary mother of joseph"
    "AH JOE we can't be having the pubs open, for goodness sake, this virus is out of control"
    "People need to cop on and wear their bloody masks JOE, YES EVEN INSIDE"
    "JOE the Gardai need to start entering peoples houses"
    "We need the Gardai to arrest people JOE"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,528 ✭✭✭copeyhagen

RobitTV wrote: »
    Joe Duffy will be interesting today.

"We have ignored NPHET again"
    "We have gone against the advice of Doctor Holohan, it's disgusting Joe"
    "There are too many teenagers outside JOE"
    "People should be banned from travelling JOE, it's as simple as that"
    "I see people out my window all the time JOE"
    "There are gatherings everywhere JOE, it's out of control, sweet mary mother of joseph"
    "AH JOE we can't be having the pubs open, for goodness sake, this virus is out of control"
    "People need to cop on and wear their bloody masks JOE, YES EVEN INSIDE"

people are having showers without wearing their mask Joe, are people insane.
    we're in this together Joe
    bring in the army for the pubs Joe
    can we not cancel Xmas until the vaccine is ehre Joe

There must be billions of infected droplets in various stages of potentially deadly potency floating around out there. Absolutely bone chilling when you think about it, the sheer and all pervasive horror that waits for us this dark and forbidding winter, hanging in the air like the reapers scythe in preparation for the dark harvest.

I've come round Paddy, one of the funniest posts I've encountered in a while. Cheered me right up. To those who are inevitably outraged: he is rightly mocking a virus that has negative implications for 0.01% of the population. The other 99.9% are encouraged to roll over and slavishly follow NPHET's autocratic regimen.

PUP, the dole and eventually UBI will keep those peasants with no purpose alive and the bags of cans flowing for a while. It has been proven that a great many jobs and businesses are not essential Ginger. Great for our CO2 figures, a price worth paying if we want to meet the 2030 targets our leaders have signed us up for.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,301 ✭✭✭John Hutton

Not really following the media on this its depressing. Is there any mention of if Mass will be allowed?

• Advertisement

Ginger, meet Paddy. I suspect you have a lot in common

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement