Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Relaxation of Restrictions, Part VII *Read OP For Mod Warnings*

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,302 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

Please ask this in the main thread.

I’m bored at work and I’m looking forward to the outrage
    Ha ha will do!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,517 ✭✭✭RobitTV

gmisk wrote: »
    Ha ha will do!

Please tell us how you get on :pac::pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 716 ✭✭✭Paddygreen

dalyboy wrote: »
    Aha , “the great reset”
    Sure that’s only a conspiracy theory yeah ?

Yes it is. The World Economic Forum and its front man Klaus only exist in those minds that have been wrapped up and slow cooked in tin foil.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 52,115 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

manniot2 wrote: »
    He’s a god to them. I knew I was a goner as I typed, was worth it :-)

Mod:

You're a 'gonner' from this thread as well, seeing as the yellow didn't work regarding discussing mod actions.

Do not post in this thread again

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,242 ✭✭✭brisan

Not really following the media on this its depressing. Is there any mention of if Mass will be allowed?
    You can get mass online or on the TV
    My mother gets it every day
    Old habits die hard

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,301 ✭✭✭John Hutton

brisan wrote: »
    You can get mass online or on the TV
    My mother gets it every day
    Old habits die hard
    Isn't the same unfortunately... thanks though but that doesn't answer the question.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,934 ✭✭✭✭fin12

Isn't the same unfortunately... thanks though but that doesn't answer the question.

I think mass will be opening up from next week.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 52,115 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

Please ask this in the main thread.

I’m bored at work and I’m looking forward to the outrage
    gmisk wrote: »
    Ha ha will do!

Mod:

I'd advise against this line of trolling another thread at the behest of other users.

People are permitted to have different views on the restrictions, as long as they are argued in a civil manner there is no issue with any views.

I have already issued a card in relation to this, thread and forum bans will follow for anyone suggesting this course of action in the future

• Registered Users Posts: 2,282 ✭✭✭CruelSummer

https://www.independent.ie/news/everything-we-know-so-far-about-the-lifting-of-lockdown-restrictions-39798711.html

I cannot understand all of this kite flying. It's Friday, I thought the announcement was originally meant to be made yesterday. Now we've more leaks to the press. Does anyone know the time Míchael Martin is supposed to make the announcement at?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,444 ✭✭✭dalyboy

https://www.independent.ie/news/everything-we-know-so-far-about-the-lifting-of-lockdown-restrictions-39798711.html

I cannot understand all of this kite flying. It's Friday, I thought the announcement was originally meant to be made yesterday. Now we've more leaks to the press. Does anyone know the time Míchael Martin is supposed to make the announcement at?

Who cares what MM says in his sermon.
    It’ll all be covered in sound bites and kite flying hours before he takes to his pulpit this evening.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 712 ✭✭✭Mean Laqueefa

watching the 1 o'clock news for the first time in months, if someone cant see George lee is nothing but a mouthpiece is blind.

On a positive, played golf again today hit my best ever round, course packed played with a garda and a road traffic accident solicitor (something like that), im a cleaner in a school at the minute and another teenager thats waiting on his girlfriend to give birth, everyone thought they gov and tony are ****ing us over long term

went to shops and got the guts of a good dinner, shop was packed aswell, as was woodies when i went into look at xmas lights but couldn't purchase #so i bought an axe to make a fire yule tide fire and all that

Lockdown is bollox and just try keep yourself sane and get outdoors, look after yourselves

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,855 ✭✭✭✭average_runner

I wish the focus of the media on pubs would stop. Pubs are the least important thing in our country right now.

Lets get all the sports up and running and all outdoor stuff up and running first. Get the kids matches going again and once that all works successfully, we can look at the pub thing

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,946 ✭✭✭✭Zebra3

I wish the focus of the media on pubs would stop. Pubs are the least important thing in our country right now.

Lets get all the sports up and running and all outdoor stuff up and running first. Get the kids matches going again and once that all works successfully, we can look at the pub thing

Or maybe look at both.

Shouldn’t be so difficult.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,447 ✭✭✭Ginger n Lemon

Jaysus they've been closed for 8 months and you say least important?

The year was 2025, pubs in Dublin were closed for 4 years and 8 months, Average runner was insisting that pubs are the least important thing in the country.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,070 ✭✭✭boggerman1

watching the 1 o'clock news for the first time in months, if someone cant see George lee is nothing but a mouthpiece is blind.

On a positive, played golf again today hit my best ever round, course packed played with a garda and a road traffic accident solicitor (something like that), im a cleaner in a school at the minute and another teenager thats waiting on his girlfriend to give birth, everyone thought they gov and tony are ****ing us over long term

went to shops and got the guts of a good dinner, shop was packed aswell, as was woodies when i went into look at xmas lights but couldn't purchase #so i bought an axe to make a fire yule tide fire and all that

Lockdown is bollox and just try keep yourself sane and get outdoors, look after yourselves

George was a disgrace again on the news.full tin foil hat scaremongering.shocking stuff full of what ifs.

• Registered Users Posts: 982 ✭✭✭Rrrrrr2

boggerman1 wrote: »
    George was a disgrace again on the news.full tin foil hat scaremongering.shocking stuff full of what ifs.

My solution- I don't watch RTE News. Complete tripe

I note he no longer posts on twitter- he'd be getting from me if he was there. Little bollix

• Registered Users Posts: 4,517 ✭✭✭RobitTV

RTE is promoting this rap video about teenagers wearing masks and social distancing. - "Come on lads don't be a fool, wear your masks, and protect your crew"

Toy show tonight?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,812 ✭✭✭Captain_Crash

Rrrrrr2 wrote: »
    My solution- I don't watch RTE News. Complete tripe

I made little bingo cards earlier in the year so get a bit of a laugh out of it. Great fun altogether haha! It included classics such as “double down” “next two weeks are crucial” “redouble our efforts” and the legendary #1 hit “cause for concern”....

All the above were said within about 5 mins and BINGO followed soon after (this is actually a true story)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,784 ✭✭✭froog

RobitTV wrote: »
    RTE is promoting this rap video about teenagers wearing masks and social distancing. - "Come on lads don't be a fool, wear your masks, and protect your crew"

Toy show tonight?

Great to see young people taking it seriously. Commendable.

Zebra3 wrote: »
    Out maybe look at both.

Shouldn’t be so difficult.

Get the most important things up first.

• Advertisement

Jaysus they've been closed for 8 months and you say least important?

The year was 2025, pubs in Dublin were closed for 4 years and 8 months, Average runner was insisting that pubs are the least important thing in the country.

Pubs are the least important thing when it comes to kids sport and sport in general. Sport offers a better return to a person well being than the pub.

A pub has its place, but we are getting carried away on focusing on pubs when there is other things that should be ahead of it in the list.

It’s quite obvious now that the plan is essentially to lockdown until we are all vaccinated.

The long, drawn out reopening of the country phase, the nonsense living with Covid plan, the save Christmas phase, the lockdown 3 talks are already starting...

It is all essentially stall tactics until we are vaccinated.

Let’s pray we don’t make a balls of it. And let’s pray we don’t sink financially in the process. The ECB certainly don’t think we’ll be bouncing right back in 2021

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,311 ✭✭✭✭weldoninhio

Sports normally closes down now in 2 weeks for Xmas. Waste of time at the moment.

• Registered Users Posts: 982 ✭✭✭Rrrrrr2

In December...shows the kind of lola's you're up against.

• Registered Users Posts: 552 ✭✭✭pawdee

froog wrote: »
    Great to see young people taking it seriously. Commendable.

I agree.....a round of applause jazz hands is in order.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,373 ✭✭✭Mr. Karate

It’s quite obvious now that the plan is essentially to lockdown until we are all vaccinated.

Even then they'll find some reason to keep the lockdowns going. The powertrip is too much for certain individuals at this point.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,311 ✭✭✭✭weldoninhio

RobitTV wrote: »

Toy show tonight?

My village did a better video than that with the local Prosper group. A lot less patronising too.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,784 ✭✭✭froog

Christ, the best thing that rapper can do to protect himself from Covid is get some exercise. What is he 13 and he's already high risk.

Mocking a childs weight. A new low.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,330 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

froog wrote: »
    Mocking a childs weight. A new low.

I'm not mocking it i'm pointing out he is high risk due to lifestyle choices if he continues gaining weight at the same rate he could die in his early 20's i've seen it happen.

Weight is a factor in Covid, you do realize that?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 626 ✭✭✭mikekerry

I made little bingo cards earlier in the year so get a bit of a laugh out of it. Great fun altogether haha! It included classics such as “double down” “next two weeks are crucial” “redouble our efforts” and the legendary #1 hit “cause for concern”....

All the above were said within about 5 mins and BINGO followed soon after (this is actually a true story)
    Here's a few more
    "freedom pass"
    "circuit breaker"
    "wet pubs"
    and finally
    "this is all a load of boll***s"

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement