Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Relaxation of Restrictions, Part VII *Read OP For Mod Warnings*

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,517 ✭✭✭RobitTV

froog wrote: »
    Mocking a childs weight. A new low.

This is completely false. It looks like to me the parents of this young lad have been feeding him processed food since he was born and now he has a unhealthy lifestyle. I blame the parents, he is only 13 years of age. Not his own fault.

He is at risk heading into the future with heart disease or diabetes. He needs support so he can live a healthy and happy life.

Maybe you should show some concern for people who might suffer from heart problems or diabetes.

• Registered Users Posts: 982 ✭✭✭Rrrrrr2

I'm not mocking it i'm pointing out he is high risk due to lifestyle choices if he continues gaining weight at the same rate he could die in his early 20's i've seen it happen.

Weight is a factor in Covid, you do realize that?

Oh they do but the PC virtue signallers can’t allow the truth be told. As we know they live on another planet

froog wrote: »
    Mocking a childs weight. A new low.

That child is extremely overweight. Desperately worrying for a kid so young- he’s already a candidate for diabetes, heart disease and a while of plethora of other issues.
    But yet the woke dopes are lapping a stupid video about Covid “rules”.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 52,115 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

Mod:

I think we can get back on topic now folks.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,141 ✭✭✭✭JRant

the kelt wrote: »
    I see NPHET had to revise their numbers from yesterday.

There was talk about how the positivity rate from yesterday was high, coincidentally on the day they gave their recommendations, positivity rate was high!

Turns out they miscounted the actual number of test and today increased that by 50%.

Positivity rate was 2.18% yesterday rather than the higher figures being quoted, 7 day average positivity rate is 2.65% but of course yesterday the increase in positivity rate was a "concern" on the very day they made recommendations.

2.65%!!!!

Where are you see this kelt?

"Well, yeah, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man"

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,812 ✭✭✭Captain_Crash

mikekerry wrote: »
    Here's a few more
    "freedom pass"
    "circuit breaker"
    "wet pubs"
    and finally
    "this is all a load of boll***s"

Wet pubs was on it! But it was before the long awaited second album came out, the one which included hits such as “Circuit Breaker” and the Cause for Concern follow up.. “Serious Concern”

RTE: The Cabinet has approved a plan that will see all retail outlets, hairdressers, museums, libraries and gyms open next Tuesday.

People will also be able to attend religious service and play golf and tennis again from that day when the country returns to Level 3 restrictions.

Then on Friday 4th December restaurants and pubs that have a kitchen and that serve food will reopen.

On Friday 18th December until 6th January people can travel around the country.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,485 ✭✭✭harr

Will it be midnight the 18th till midnight the 6th or midnight the 5th January?

• Registered Users Posts: 467 ✭✭nj27

RobitTV wrote: »
    RTE is promoting this rap video about teenagers wearing masks and social distancing. - "Come on lads don't be a fool, wear your masks, and protect your crew"

Toy show tonight?

That's grotesque on so many levels.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 456 ✭✭Jackman25

Good spot. Quite eagle eyed of you :D:D:D

Jackman25 wrote: »
    Good spot. Quite eagle eyed of you :D:D:D

That dope has a “petition” to close schools I see

• Closed Accounts Posts: 232 ✭✭AssetBacked2

Finally, a few weeks later than it should've been but the government seeing sense. Happy with these measures, hopefully we'll see more easing of these nonsensical restrictions.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,373 ✭✭✭Mr. Karate

Finally, a few weeks later than it should've been but the government seeing sense. Happy with these measures, hopefully we'll see more easing of these nonsensical restrictions.

Once New Year's is over they'll find some excuse to lock us down again.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,666 ✭✭✭Whatsisname

Mr. Karate wrote: »

6th of January looks pretty much a confirmed lockdown again if you ask me. Dunno why else there'd be an end date to travel around the country.

To me that could also go the other way; they could extend the easing further or else keep it at level 3 into January. Perhaps in order to keep NPHET quiet they've told them 6th January for a review but they don't have an intention of moving to level 5 again.

On Friday morning Fianna Fáil TD Jim O’Callaghan said his personal view was that the country should go to Level 2 when the Level 5 restrictions are lifted. “People need to see benefit at the end of the process.”

Speaking on Newstalk Breakfast, Mr O’Callaghan said he had opposed going to Level 5 as he thought no matter what steps were taken the numbers would go up again when the restrictions were lifted.

The consequences of the disease were known, but it was only now that the negative impact of the lockdown was being experienced, he said.

He wanted to see restrictions lifted so young people could go back to their pastimes.

Health crisis for the elderly.

Social and economic crisis for everyone else.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,823 ✭✭✭Allinall

Mr. Karate wrote: »

Bet I know what the excuse will be.

Hint. The same as has been used all along.

Allinall wrote: »
    Bet I know what the excuse will be.

Hint. The same as has been used all along.

Cases...

The majority of which are completely healthy.

NPHET are big time pissed off tonight.

Some of Holohans colleagues are saying "This is the wrong decision, we will be back at square one in January, we are heading for another lockdown"

Why is another lockdown inveitable? Just tell NPHET to go away.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,823 ✭✭✭Allinall

Some of Holohans colleagues are saying "This is the wrong decision, we will be back at square one in January, we are heading for another lockdown"

Who said that?

Cases...

The majority of which are completely healthy.

45577 recorded cases in the last 6 months (under the age of 85).
    250 deaths from recorded cases in the last 6 months (under the age of 85).

Considering the farcical test and trace system, I'm not sure why cases are being used as any sort of barometer for how serious a health crisis covid is. 250 deaths in 6 months objectively says it all.

Allinall wrote: »
    Who said that?

Some woman from NPHET on Virgin Media news is coming up later on the programme. Not sure who she is.

Upset wet pub owner on Virgin News. Really frustrated with the lack of clarity and the level of discrimination against wet pubs.

The vintners association is calling it a political decision from FG, FF and The Green Party.

Total disgrace.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,136 ✭✭✭✭is_that_so

They are not the only source of advice to government but have come to believe that they are. Further restrictions depend on how the numbers go over Christmas and how soon we'll see see vaccinations available.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,157 ✭✭✭Royale with Cheese

Lol, NPHET telling us we're heading for another lockdown, if they had their way it would have been level 5 all through the winter. If it happens we at least get a few weeks respite at a time of year when people are least likely to follow their restrictions anyway.

No remarks from Holohan tonight according to Virgin News.

He cant lecture people tonight, poor guy. He must be in a foul mood after his advice was ignored.

Sending my thoughts and prayers.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,019 ✭✭✭✭Dempo1

Just extraordinary stuff, so Retail re opening, good news, Restaurants and Gastro pubs, good, wet pubs, no, not so good, Gym's, cinemas etc open, good.

A number of catches though, we're exactly are all the staff coming from, particularly Hospitality? Who in their right mind is going back for at best 5 weeks work in ****e conditions only to be told, sorry we're locking down 1st January, even if there's a less strict lock down, I wager a lot of hospitality and Retail closing for good in January anyway, they'll attempt to recoup something for the next few weeks but the damage is done.

Is maith an scáthán súil charad.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,444 ✭✭✭dalyboy

Some university professor on the news earlier loosing the rag.

She can’t understand why we are coming out of a lockdown when it’ll ultimately lead to us needing to lockdown in January again

I’ve to learn to stop turning on the tv really. I can actually feel my own brain shrinking every time I audibly consume the anti logic coming from my tv.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,019 ✭✭✭✭Dempo1

Upset wet pub owner on Virgin News. Really frustrated with the lack of clarity and the level of discrimination against wet pubs.

The vintners association is calling it a political decision from FG, FF and The Green Party.

Total disgrace.

Really, the other pub owner was the clown who was caught out a few weeks back when crowds gathered outside pubs in South William Street, he claimed it was a disgrace but was then asked had he been serving, yes (a few regulars), the same clown said if pubs were open, crowds would not gather, absolute garbage and he's also VP of vintners federation.

Is maith an scáthán súil charad.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement