Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Relaxation of Restrictions, Part VII *Read OP For Mod Warnings*

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 581 ✭✭✭Pitch n Putt

RobitTV wrote: »
    Michael Martin: "This is a very special night with toy show coming"

So the country’s going down the drain and all this goon or whoever wrote his speech are interested in is fantastic Mr Fox and the fcuking toy show.

We’re doomed.

It was a cringe factor of 1000 and wouldn’t instill any confidence in our so called leaders.

This is serious stuff and kicking the can down the road is not the answer.

There’s no such thing as a free lunch and lots and lots of people are going to get some wake up call when the bill arrives at the table....

These very children that Mehole addressed will be paying for this mess for all their working days

Sad times indeed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 698 ✭✭✭SuperRabbit

No mention of adult education in the media at all, or from the government either. 5 days a week 7 hour days, 10 students at a time (so in contact with 20 people, not counting other staff), teachers not able to wear masks.

In a building with 60 people sharing 3 bathrooms (30 at a time) with no windows or extractor fans. No ventilation in classrooms, just windows open a crack. I see absolutely no reason why we can't teach from home, adults have relatively few difficulties learning online, but no, back we go, face to face.

• Registered Users Posts: 672 ✭✭✭Ashleigh1986

We truly are ****ed .
    Our leader is quoting .... The pope / Dahl and mentioning the toy show ?????
    There isn't a hope in hell this shower will organise the rollout of the vaccines correctly .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,823 ✭✭✭Allinall

So the country’s going down the drain and all this goon or whoever wrote his speech are interested in is fantastic Mr Fox and the fcuking toy show.

We’re doomed.

It was a cringe factor of 1000 and wouldn’t instill any confidence in our so called leaders.

There’s no such thing as a free lunch and lots and lots of people are going to get some wake up call when the bill arrives at the table....

These very children that Mehole addressed will be paying for this mess for all their working days

Sad times indeed.

What’s the answer?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,019 ✭✭✭✭Dempo1

We’re doomed.

Sad times indeed.

I was surprised, Leo wasn't hiding somewhere, ready to pull out the microphone cable

Is maith an scáthán súil charad.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,302 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

Dempo1 wrote: »
    I was surprised, Leo wasn't hiding somewhere, ready to pull out the microphone cable
    Or Stephen Donnelly leaping up and down in the background on a trampoline

We truly are ****ed .
    Our leader is quoting .... The pope / Dahl and mentioning the toy show ?????
    There isn't a hope in hell this shower will organise the rollout of the vaccines correctly .

It was astonishing stuff, I'm also convinced make up team had some tear glands installed. Just shocking that with all the advisors these clowns have, not one coukd muster up a coherent speech

• Registered Users Posts: 13,141 ✭✭✭✭JRant

They can put all the added guidelines and dates for this the other and tell us X amount can congregate from this date until that date, but the reality of it is December is going to be a free for all. They can just forget about it now until January because people are just going to let rip from the 1st and after the year we’ve had I don’t blame them

I think the fact that the next lockdown has already been earmarked for Jan 6th means a lot will just say "balls to this" and let the hair down next month. Because, it doesn't seem to matter what people do we never get out of restrictions and end up in ever more severe lockdowns.

"Well, yeah, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 101 ✭✭ElektroToad

Pubs owners and staff must be absolutely devastated. We were only country in Europe (maybe the world?) to deny them a chance to reopen since March. And for what?

I'm no fan of the Vinters Association in general but jesus... Their members are truly the sacrificial lamb of 2020 here

Has anyone got the link thw press release from the Speech?

Do you need a copy to rip up? :)

• Advertisement

Pubs owners and staff must be absolutely devastated. We were only country in Europe (maybe the world?) to deny them a chance to reopen since March. And for what?

I'm no fan of the Vinters Association in general but jesus... Their members are truly the sacrificial lamb of 2020 here

I agree but the harsh reality is 6 weeks trading before next lockdown not going to rescue alot of pubs and restaurants and sadly the writing on the wall, some will just take the P*ss over the com weeks, it's going to be chaos

Pubs can't just offer zoom sessions.. open pubs for a while and close adult education! for crying out loud, give them a turn, let me teach at home

• Registered Users Posts: 3,784 ✭✭✭froog

restrictions are relaxed lads, vaccine just around the corner. toy show tonight.

lighthen the f*ck up.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 455 ✭✭Parabellum9

froog wrote: »
    restrictions are relaxed lads, vaccine just around the corner. toy show tonight.

lighthen the f*ck up.

What is the obsession with the ****ing toy show? Do they take us all for a shower of cretins who will all be glued to that **** come 9pm?

Here we go, press conference

Leo won't be pleased his Microphone not working

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 101 ✭✭ElektroToad

lighthen the f*ck up.

Can't you let us just blow of some steam? It's been grim 6 weeks all round. :(

Tbh the one thing I won't complain about is the reopening the gyms. Personally that's a lifeline terms of getting a sense of routine back!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,517 ✭✭✭RobitTV

The Toy Show will be a endless festival of 'virus, virus, virus' propaganda this year.

I suspect these people who don't like the Toy show may be Russian bots.

If I have two apples and you take my two apples and add them to your one apple, how many apples do we have?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,330 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

Here we go, press conference

Have you a link not on my news app

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,927 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

It's on the RTE news channel

• Registered Users Posts: 3,784 ✭✭✭froog

What is the obsession with the ****ing toy show? Do they take us all for a shower of cretins who will all be glued to that **** come 9pm?

ah stop will ya.

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcT4_ohFb5Xx8y7cs5r5LEWQPzpJ4oio2DiIXg&usqp=CAU

I don't, I'm watching on TV, it's on news now?

O dear God, Eamonn Ryan, why o why o why is he at these press conferences

• Closed Accounts Posts: 455 ✭✭Parabellum9

I suspect these people who don't like the Toy show may be Russian bots.

If I have two apples and you take my two apples and add them to your one apple, how many apples do we have?

Or maybe we have better things to be doing on a Friday night than watching an overpaid lanky streak of ****e making an arse of himself amidst a barrage of billy barry dance numbers about wearing masks and washing your hands? If it goes even 30 mins without a mention of covid I’ll eat my hat

• Registered Users Posts: 1,310 ✭✭✭bloopy

Yes

lighthen the f*ck up.

What's the vaccine going to do for you...buy you a couple of months before you need another one, vaccine doesn't end this.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,517 ✭✭✭RobitTV

I would be willing to put a substantial amount of money on a 'wear your mask, wash your hands' song being performed tonight on the toy show.

They aren't going to let this slip through the cracks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,927 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

O dear God, Eamonn Ryan, why o why o why is he at these press conferences

He really is awful. I'm sure he's a nice guy but politicial life isn't for him. He's rambling now and in danger of going off script. Micheal must be sweating

• Advertisement

I don't, I'm watching on TV, it's on news now?

Telly is tied up with peppa pig...it's not on the app...

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement