Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Relaxation of Restrictions, Part VII *Read OP For Mod Warnings*

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,019 ✭✭✭✭Dempo1

_Kaiser_ wrote: »
    He really is awful. I'm sure he's a nice guy but politicial life isn't for him. He's rambling now and in danger of going off script. Micheal must be sweating

Vomiting more like it :)

Is maith an scáthán súil charad.

Telly is tied up with peppa pig...it's not on the app...

LOL peppa pig alot more informative I can assure you :)

Leo seems under some deluded illusion 150k people are going to stop their PUP Payment and go back to work for a few weeks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 624 ✭✭✭Humberto Salazar

RobitTV wrote: »
    The Toy Show will be a endless festival of 'virus, virus, virus' propaganda this year.

I'm expecting loads of superhero masks, plastic syringes filled with chocolate flavoured 'vaccine' and dolls that cough the correct way...

I've check my rte app, click the live button, its on there :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,517 ✭✭✭RobitTV

'If you can't wait for your vaccine clap your hands' - 'If you can't wait for your vaccine clap your hands'

I'm expecting loads of superhero masks, plastic syringes filled with chocolate flavoured 'vaccine' and dolls that cough the correct way...

I'm expecting the greatest pile of S**** as is per usual, it's actually bizzare having a toy show, promoting toys that can't be got, are sold out or won't be stocked due to retailers un certainty.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,141 ✭✭✭✭JRant

Are you sure that's not the press conference?

"Well, yeah, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,330 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

Dempo1 wrote: »
    LOL peppa pig alot more informative I can assure you :)

Yea your right I'm going to step away from the phone and try to calm down, fit to burst, have already asked herself which kids she wants to hang onto. I need to get out of this country people have completely lost the plot and there is no end in sight.

• Registered Users Posts: 581 ✭✭✭Pitch n Putt

Allinall wrote: »
    What’s the answer?

Lead the country is the answer.

Get out from hiding behind NPHET. Leaders are supposed to lead

Make a proper plan to try and get one step ahead of the virus.

We can never get ahead if we’re always reactivate.

But I wouldn’t trust our glorious leaders to run a sweet shop let alone track a course out of this for the country.

The plan is we have no plan that’s the way we’re working for the last 9 months.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,455 ✭✭✭lee_baby_simms

Luke O’Neill will be dressing up as Santa and handing out “NOT VACCINATED” unremovable bracelets. One for everybody in the country!

Remember kids, Santa will know if you haven’t been vaccinated by next Christmas so you know what to do to avoid his naughty list! That goes for the parents too!

JRant wrote: »
    Are you sure that's not the press conference?

Yes, checked again, it might look like a repeat?????? :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,311 ✭✭✭✭weldoninhio

RobitTV wrote: »
    No remarks from Holohan tonight according to Virgin News.

He cant lecture people tonight, poor guy. He must be in a foul mood after his advice was ignored.

Sending my thoughts and prayers.

I can see him running into the LL Toy Show mid show and trying to read out a statement like Alan Partridge.

I can see him running into the LL Toy Show mid show and trying to read out a statement like Alan Partridge.

I bet Ronan Glynn makes an appearance, in fairness he's done some good educational stuff on children's TV over the past few months

• Registered Users Posts: 13,141 ✭✭✭✭JRant

Yea your right I'm going to step away from the phone and try to calm down, fit to burst, have already asked herself which kids she wants to hang onto. I need to get out of this country people have completely lost the plot and there is no end in sight.

I feel ya. The amount of people feeling delighted at being in level 3+ is bloody frightening.

"Well, yeah, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man"

Tony Hs ego is bruised but he’s unphased. His vision of January 2021.

I got a sense from the Vinters spokesperson they on the war path with FG/FG/GREENS, he specifically didn't blame NPHET, I sense a few publicans standing for election in the near future, vintners definitely marking governments cards

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 698 ✭✭✭SuperRabbit

Or maybe we have better things to be doing on a Friday night than watching an overpaid lanky streak of ****e making an arse of himself amidst a barrage of billy barry dance numbers about wearing masks and washing your hands? If it goes even 30 mins without a mention of covid I’ll eat my hat

Ба-обман!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,517 ✭✭✭RobitTV

Oh my god I never laughed so much (user lee_baby_simms posted this)

534387.jpeg

froog wrote: »
    ah stop will ya.

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcT4_ohFb5Xx8y7cs5r5LEWQPzpJ4oio2DiIXg&usqp=CAU

Do you have kids?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,997 ✭✭✭almostover

I think the fact that the next lockdown has already been earmarked for Jan 6th means a lot will just say "balls to this" and let the hair down next month. Because, it doesn't seem to matter what people do we never get out of restrictions and end up in ever more severe lockdowns.

Yup looks like we're throwing caution to the wind here and admitting things will be gone to pot by the new year and another lockdown will be upon us. Personal responsibility will be the new buzz word come Jan 2021. We all partied and we must now pay the price etc. I'll probably make the most of it myself up until 10 days out from the big day. Will pull back from social contact situations then. Really don't want to be having xmas dinner away from family. We're been given as much rope as we want now. And essentially the public wont be in a position to complain if we have to lockdown in Jan. Worst thing is that 4-5weeks of being open won't save a lot of businesses if its followed by another closure. It's a sh*show really but I can see why the government have made this decision. It's their 'let them eat cake' moment.

PTH2009 wrote: »
    Jesus this is getting too much and ridiculous. It was a few seconds of a photograph along with a small gathering and they have been publicly humiliated for it.

NPHET should be told where to go at this stage. Were not going lower than Level 3 now cause of this

Vitners Chief executive specifically blamed Government on virgin media tonight, actually stated NPHET did not diferenciate type of Pubs, Vitners laying blame Squarely on Government, not NPHET

FFS Leo, Gym and haircut, what an absolute Tool

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 547 ✭✭✭BeefeaterHat

dalyboy wrote: »
    Some university professor on the news earlier loosing the rag.

She can’t understand why we are coming out of a lockdown when it’ll ultimately lead to us needing to lockdown in January again

I’ve to learn to stop turning on the tv really. I can actually feel my own brain shrinking every time I audibly consume the anti logic coming from my tv.

Yeah she was some toff from Trinity. You can be sure she won't be living off €350 a week.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,654 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

_Kaiser_ wrote: »
    I do love how posters like yourself arrive "in here" with nothing more to offer than grandstanding for the likes

Thankfully., I've better things to be doing than whinging about someone using a Roald Dahl quote.

• Registered Users Posts: 471 ✭✭Piehead

What are the exact restaurant restrictions? It’s it still max 6 people from max 2 households at a table?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,465 ✭✭✭MOH

Funny how these lunatic groups always have reasonable sounding names, line the " Independent Scientific Advocacy Group".
    According to the group, Ireland should “aggressively suppress” virus transmission and reduce cases to zero as part of an explicit policy of “no active cases” in the community.
    “Each case that emerges must be dealt with like a murder: swift and thorough contact tracing and testing to nip outbreaks in the bud.”

Measures would be deployed and lifted geographically, so that if a county reached a low number of cases, restrictions would be lifted there so “efforts and sacrifices are rewarded immediately by county”.

Of course! Let's just deploy that swift and thorough contact tracing system that the NPHET chair told us in July we already had. When he promised it would be used to help avoid having to put the whole country back into a lockdown.
    After the first lockdown which, you know, was about flattening the curve to give us time to put those measures in place to deal with the pandemic.

So this ISAG group's genius expert opinion is ... we should repeat the past year.
    I'm not sure this these people actually live in Ireland, but the people running this crapshow aren't competent enough to stick to the plan they spent months developing and hired a PR company to manage the launch of before shooting themselves in the foot with a bazooka on launch day. It's taken them 9 months to realise that working out where cases come from might not just be an academic exercise. We'll be at least three pandemics down the line if we stay in lockdown long enough for them to develop a competent test + trace program. And I've seen 12 Monkeys, it doesn't look fun.

Actually, if they just went away and lived in whatever country they think we should be emulating, at least we wouldn't have to listen to them.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 547 ✭✭✭BeefeaterHat

I think the fact that the next lockdown has already been earmarked for Jan 6th means a lot will just say "balls to this" and let the hair down next month. Because, it doesn't seem to matter what people do we never get out of restrictions and end up in ever more severe lockdowns.

Thank God for the 5 tier living with covid plan. Do the government know there's more than one tier actually?

Yeah she was some toff from Trinity. You can be sure she won't be living off €350 a week.

Not everyone on €350 pw

• Advertisement

Piehead wrote: »
    What are the exact restaurant restrictions? It’s it still max 6 people from max 2 households at a table?

Theyve not discussed, apparently details being put on the gov. Ie website

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement