Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Relaxation of Restrictions, Part VII *Read OP For Mod Warnings*

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15,302 ✭✭✭✭stephenjmcd

Dempo1 wrote: »
    Listen back to the press conference, came out of Leo's big mouth

Its a max of 15k, you'd need to have substantial turnover to get it, capped at 5k per week. Its not a new scheme just giving a few double weeks. Most get nowhere near 5k per week

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,644 ✭✭✭Penfailed

I've come round Paddy, one of the funniest posts I've encountered in a while. Cheered me right up. To those who are inevitably outraged: he is rightly mocking a virus that has negative implications for 0.01% of the population. The other 99.9% are encouraged to roll over and slavishly follow NPHET's autocratic regimen.

What about the 0.09% that you didn't mention?

Gigs '24 - Ben Ottewell and Ian Ball (Gomez), The Jesus & Mary Chain, The Smashing Pumpkins/Weezer, Pearl Jam, Green Day, Stendhal Festival, Forest Fest, Electric Picnic, Pixies, Ride, Therapy?, Public Service Broadcasting, IDLES(x2), And So I Watch You From Afar

• Closed Accounts Posts: 166 ✭✭Harpon

Necro wrote: »
    Yeah from Dec 1st you can travel within your county

Absolute joke, so for the majority of people who have family in other counties they will be able to see them for a couple of weeks at Xmas, and then that’s it until when? 2nd half of 2021 if we are lucky?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 52,115 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

Harpon wrote: »
    Absolute joke, so for the majority of people who have family in other counties they will be able to see them for a couple of weeks at Xmas, and then that’s it until when? 2nd half of 2021 if we are lucky?

Depends on the roll out of the vaccine and case/hospital numbers I guess.

Tbh I'm a bit gutted this eve, Christmas is about the only time I'd meet a few mates who come home for the holidays every year, would normally go for a few on Christmas Eve and Stephen's Day.

Thought they might reopen everything for Christmas but not to be I guess.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,782 ✭✭✭I see sheep

I hear ya, but doesn't that then defeat the whole point of all this? Plus he'd be pretty high risk. I'm not happy about it but I'll continue to follow government recommendations

Meet outdoors?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,203 ✭✭✭jos28

Does anyone know if bookies shops are included in the retailers opening next. week? I can't find anything on Gov.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 982 ✭✭✭Rrrrrr2

What a grim day for our democracy. Each time we have this nonsense I feel another few nails being rammed into its coffin.
    As for the masks outside thing? What is that about? I ain’t partaking no way. They can haul me in every day if they like. Not happening

Necro wrote: »
    Depends on the roll out of the vaccine and case/hospital numbers I guess.

Tbh I'm a bit gutted this eve, Christmas is about the only time I'd meet a few mates who come home for the holidays every year, would normally go for a few on Christmas Eve and Stephen's Day.

Thought they might reopen everything for Christmas but not to be I guess.

Christmas is pretty much nothing this year. Resign yourself to a bit of quiet time with family. That’s about all it’s going to be. Can’t wait for it to be over actually

• Registered Users Posts: 1,373 ✭✭✭Mr. Karate

Yeah she was some toff from Trinity. You can be sure she won't be living off €350 a week.

I swear to God some people really do want us to be locked down permanently. I wish these imbeciles New Year's resolution would be to sod off and move to a Country like China or some other Country under a totalitarian regime so the rest of us can get on with our lives.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,907 ✭✭✭acequion

Totally agree with you. People are getting all excited over a few freedoms granted for xmas and few are prepared to face up to how dreadfully straitjacked our lives have become and how normalised the over regulation of our daily lives. Personally I find it bad enough being locked into the island of Ireland, I find it beyond awful to be locked into one small county on the edge of the Atlantic ocean. No wonder mental health is so badly impacted!

Whatever did happen to concepts like personal responsibility and living with the virus? When will we get our freedoms back? And just when exactly will we be presented the bill for this widespread economic and societal shutdown and how big will it be?

But like little kids we're all let out for the xmas :rolleyes: Well all I want for xmas is someone to give us some glimmer of hope that the freedoms we knew and loved are soon to return. For good.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,465 ✭✭✭FintanMcluskey

acequion wrote: »
    Totally agree with you. People are getting all excited over a few freedoms granted for xmas and few are prepared to face up to how dreadfully straitjacked our lives have become and how normalised the over regulation of our daily lives. Personally I find it bad enough being locked into the island of Ireland, I find it beyond awful to be locked into one small county on the edge of the Atlantic ocean. No wonder mental health is so badly impacted!

Whatever did happen to concepts like personal responsibility and living with the virus? When will we get our freedoms back? And just when exactly will we be presented the bill for this widespread economic and societal shutdown and how big will it be?

But like little kids we're all let out for the xmas :rolleyes: Well all I want for xmas is someone to give us some glimmer of hope that the freedoms we knew and loved are soon to return. For good.

Europe’s youngest nation prepares to renter lockdown in early January.

If they made any attempt to increase healthcare capacity social distancing alone would be enough

Mr. Karate wrote: »
    I swear to God some people really do want us to be locked down permanently. I wish these imbeciles New Year's resolution would be to sod off and move to a Country like China or some other Country under a totalitarian regime so the rest of us can get on with our lives.

Oh without question- this has been building for some years- the ultimate in nanny state. Once these lockdowns become “normalised” then they make it far far easier to do in future- I expect them to become a regular feature- for weather events, trolly crises etc

• Registered Users Posts: 4,517 ✭✭✭RobitTV

5 minutes into the toy show and the COVID propaganda begins lol

• Registered Users Posts: 639 ✭✭✭Thats me

No, you are in democratic country, so you will have a chance to go to the pub, get covid there and kiss your mother after that.

Rrrrrr2 wrote: »
    Oh without question- this has been building for some years- the ultimate in nanny state. Once these lockdowns become “normalised” then they make it far far easier to do in future- I expect them to become a regular feature- for weather events, trolly crises etc

We can be locked down forever if they decide to lockdown just for rain.

I wonder when the Classroom Communists will get sick of their taste of Communism.

• Registered Users Posts: 639 ✭✭✭Thats me

We can be locked down forever if they decide to lockdown just for rain.

I wonder when the Classroom Communists will get sick of their taste of Communism.

You probably have learned nothing about communism.

My god lads turn on the toy show, its worse then we thought hahah.

Vaccine being pushed lol

• Registered Users Posts: 133 ✭✭Midlife crisis man

If you are following all the recommendations why didn't you form a support bubble with him in October? Seriously use some common sense!!

I already have a support bubble with the mother-in-law unfortunately
    Meet outdoors?

I have suggested this and also video calls but he doesn't want that. In his mind, if he can meet outdoors he can meet indoors but I'm not comfortable breaking the restrictions.

Thats me wrote: »
    You probably have learned nothing about communism.

Considering the Govt has been anti-Individual all year.

observe the control and censorship of the media and educational systems [an argument can be made for this]

the interference of the State on the family [check]

political persecution [alt-right, Literally Hitler anyone?]

the prohibition of religion [churches shut down for most of this year]

the nationalization of the means of production

the nationalization of banking and the financial system [check. the Banks became nationalized when he bailed them out]

Toy Show a disgrace. Covid mentioned literally every few mins

• Advertisement

Is this the toy show or the COVID show? Constant promotion of lockdown rules and vaccines and it's only been 25 minutes.

Very menacing when young children are being used for promotion purposes.

• Registered Users Posts: 133 ✭✭Midlife crisis man

Why not let him visit but keep 2 metres from them or have everyone wear masks during the visit, madness not letting him visit

But it isn't madness, I'm just doing my civic and social duty by following restrictions set out by the government and health experts. Am i in the minority here?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,144 ✭✭✭stargazer 68

But it isn't madness, I'm just doing my civic and social duty by following restrictions set out by the government and health experts. Am i in the minority here?

Yep seem to be! My dad has seen some of his grandkids every week since june!! (The ones that live here).

There is a simple solution to avoid getting your self triggered

Thats me wrote: »
    No, you are in democratic country, so you will have a chance to go to the pub, get covid there and kiss your mother after that.

For two weeks under our Lord and Savior's commands.

You figured they would atleast leave the Covid stuff at the door for the toy show. They're afraid of letting have a little bit of happiness.

Covid-19. So deadly the Govt and media need to brainwash us into fearing it.

Couldn’t watch that ****e this year, no fcukin way

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,644 ✭✭✭Penfailed

Pubs owners and staff must be absolutely devastated. We were only country in Europe (maybe the world?) to deny them a chance to reopen since March. And for what?

I'm no fan of the Vinters Association in general but jesus... Their members are truly the sacrificial lamb of 2020 here

They've only been open for 12 days since March in the north.

Gigs '24 - Ben Ottewell and Ian Ball (Gomez), The Jesus & Mary Chain, The Smashing Pumpkins/Weezer, Pearl Jam, Green Day, Stendhal Festival, Forest Fest, Electric Picnic, Pixies, Ride, Therapy?, Public Service Broadcasting, IDLES(x2), And So I Watch You From Afar

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,181 ✭✭✭patnor1011

Lol according to Portuguese courts and their investigation PCR testing is utter crap and 97% of positive tests are not cases at all as viral load detected is way too small to ever become an infection. According to them, only about 3 people out of 100 positive tests should be called "cases" and not the whole 100.
    97 are just false positives where too many cycles of PCR testing detected just fragments of virus.
    Recommended cycles are 15-20 and even that is considered way too much but we are doing 35-40 cycles and pretty much manufacturing crisis while there is none...

Op-ed by Peter Andrews, Irish science journalist, and writer based in London. He has a background in life sciences and graduated from the University of Glasgow with a degree in genetics.

https://www.rt.com/op-ed/507937-covid-pcr-test-fail/

• Advertisement

I don’t think it’s too much to ask a tax payer funded organisation to drop the endless Covid talk for a few hours...what exactly “new” insight is going to be achieved we haven’t heard every living hour for the past year?
    Ive really had my fill of this rubbish, we all have our limits and quite frankly have had enough of hearing about it and having it flung in my face 24/7. Did any of the Covideratti ever live before this relatively minor respiratory virus came along or were they as obsessed about certain things but did privately?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement