Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Relaxation of Restrictions, Part VII *Read OP For Mod Warnings*

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,644 ✭✭✭Penfailed

Mr. Karate wrote: »
    We can be locked down forever if they decide to lockdown just for rain.

I wonder when the Classroom Communists will get sick of their taste of Communism.

They're not going to lockdown 'just for rain'. Jesus. This thread.

Gigs '24 - Ben Ottewell and Ian Ball (Gomez), The Jesus & Mary Chain, The Smashing Pumpkins/Weezer, Pearl Jam, Green Day, Stendhal Festival, Forest Fest, Electric Picnic, Pixies, Ride, Therapy?, Public Service Broadcasting, IDLES(x2), And So I Watch You From Afar

• Registered Users Posts: 1,444 ✭✭✭dalyboy

I'd say this is the start of governments covid vaccine advertisement promotion. Expect many of these subtle messages over coming months.

But, well I know you know but to everyone else reading this, remember that 99.8% of people recover from covid. When I say recover I mean 90% + of them dont feel anything, get a positive PCR test, continue to feel absolutely fine and 14 days from that moment are counted as "recovered".

Exactly.
    The irony is if they get another covid test done weeks/months afterwards they show up as a “new” or “Re-infection” case again and around around we go.

• Registered Users Posts: 982 ✭✭✭Rrrrrr2

Penfailed wrote: »
    I don't expect that at all. Why are the people who are so vocal about opening up also the same people that are so pessimistic about it happening?

Because it’s not about pessimism or feelings- if we “hope” hard enough it’ll all be better?
    Why aren’t stuck in this? Have you not heard st Tony and his deputy dear leaders? If they’re not threatening more restrictions before these ones have even been eased, they’re threatening us that restrictions will continue after any vaccines. So forgive me if I’m not filled with the joys for being slightly more happy about it all

• Registered Users Posts: 1,444 ✭✭✭dalyboy

Why not?
    They locked down for a virus that has a fatality rate the same as the common flu

Really? Why not? We’re locking down for a virus that’s far far less lethal than originally thought. And we are repeating it over and over
    You appear to be dismissing but you’re not offering me any counter arguments or solid reassurances to the contrary

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 716 ✭✭✭Paddygreen

so on national television, we have this

Quote "need to give him pfizer vaccine. He is uncooperative so need to knock him out first"

This is a 5 year old child. You can see the whole scene was scripted by Luke O neill. Watch amount of dislikes on the video also... its a clue.

And this is the problem with people going along with these silly restrictions not based on any science - they will just eat up any garbage they are presented with more and more. almost like a habbit.

If lockdowns worked - why would we need a 2nd lockdown? Why would we need a 3rd lockdown in January? If indoor masks worked - why would we need to wear them outdoors now? I personally will not be wearing any masks outdoors, should Gardai stop me I ll tell them where to go. Enough is enough.

Her awareness seems to be very raised, she is a credit to her parents. This is the way forward guys, we have to mould and shape and guide the minds of the youth so that their awareness is raised about the things we need to be really really concerned about like CO2 and C19, two of the cloaks that the reaper shrouds himself in as the sound of his clovid hooves gets closer to our doors as he paces our streets... looking, watching, peeping around with his beady eyes for the easy pickings those that don’t wear their masks...people that don’t socially distance, folks who like to party. The putrid fruit ripe for the dark lords gathering that will be soon trodden into a bitter wine for his table.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,802 ✭✭✭✭suicide_circus

Paddygreen wrote: »
    Her awareness seems to be very raised, she is a credit to her parents. This is the way forward guys, we have to mould and shape and guide the minds of the youth so that their awareness is raised about the things we need to be really really concerned about like CO2 and C19

The levels C-u4t are off the charts

• Registered Users Posts: 1,373 ✭✭✭Mr. Karate

Its called sarcasm. Look it up before running your mouth again.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,373 ✭✭✭Mr. Karate

Every one of your posts is about Leo??

Are you using covid threads to have a rant about him?

There is a thread in the current affairs all about him if you need to vent.

I'm amazed at how much he gets into people's heads.

Leo is putting himself front and centre [along with Holohan] throughout all of this. So its natural the criticism will be directed their way. Especially the way they smirk every time they announce these new restrictions. Its as if they enjoy ruining people's lives and their livelihood.

Leo is putting himself front and centre [along with Holohan] throughout all of this. So its natural the criticism will be directed their way. Especially the way they smirk every time they announce these new restrictions. Its as if they enjoy ruining people's lives and their livelihood.

When something doesn't effect you in your pocket the emotional investment tends to be a lot lot less

• Advertisement

There is a conspiracy theory about that here..

https://www.paulekman.com/blog/duping-delight/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,528 ✭✭✭copeyhagen

Rrrrrr2 wrote: »
    It’s flung in our faces 24/7- taking a few hours off would have been very refreshing- what exactly new was achieved that you didn’t know already about Covid?

agreed, non stop covid ****e. with the count from sesame street puppet "is zit level 5, noooo, is zit level 4, noooo" like were so lucky to be going to level 3 :rolleyes:

fookin ****. ruined the one thing to take peoples minds away from this **** show...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,946 ✭✭✭✭Zebra3

I expect to see a Covid Solidarity Tax next year. I'm sure the CST, like VRT and USC, will just be a temporary tax.

There will also be a raid on private sector pension funds.

As per usual, the groups targeted to pay the bill will be private sector workers who won't have time to attend large scale protests - they'll be far too busy paying to keep a roof over their heads.

Expect any talk of public sector pay reductions or cuts to SW or pensions to be resisted fiercely by the usual suspects. Services will cut to ribbons too.

This is all coming in post and the clappy-seals who want to build a statue to St. Tony will be the ones moaning the most about it when the time comes.

It'll be another great chance for the right-wing nuts who want to privitise the likes of IW.

Everything must go!!!

Come on down, Mr O'Brien!!!

We never jailed you for bribing Lowry, now's your chance to pick up some great assets at dirt cheap prices!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 373 ✭✭JimmyCorkhill

I can see that Gastro Pubs & restaurants are opening again from the 4th Dec but I havent seen anything on time limits or table sizes in the pubs and restaurants.

Is it the same as before 90/120 mins and need to order a meal and max of 6 to a table?

Thanks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,019 ✭✭✭✭Dempo1

Every conspiracy theorists favourite doc, Gabriel Scally on Katie Hannon show now

Is maith an scáthán súil charad.

I can see that Gastro Pubs & restaurants are opening again from the 4th Dec but I havent seen anything on time limits or table sizes in the pubs and restaurants.

Is it the same as before 90/120 mins and need to order a meal and max of 6 to a table?

Thanks

I think it is a max of 4.3 people per table, 4.7 on a Tuesday afternoon , as for the time limit, dunno, I don’t think the oracle has spoken to Dr Hulahoop yet.

Dempo1 wrote: »
    Every conspiracy theorists favourite doc, Gabriel Scally on Katie Hannon show now

Who and who?? Never heard of them.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,251 ✭✭✭speckle

Paddygreen wrote: »
    Who and who?? Never heard of them.

Glad your back Paddy...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,370 ✭✭✭facehugger99

the kelt wrote: »
    I wish reporters would question more things, maybe they’re not allowed?

For example MM was making a big deal last night about wet pubs

“There is a difference in terms of people sitting down for a meal. It does create a different type of environment to the wet pub environment.“

So if it’s all about the act of sitting down for a meal what difference does it make where the meal comes from? If there are 2 pubs on a street one with a chef and one which was bringing the food in from elsewhere why can only one of these open if the emphasis is on the act of sitting down for a meal making the difference?

Likewise “The evidence is fairly strong in relation to the opening of wet pubs.

“When we’ve opened them with other events - sporting events, the opening of universities - all combined to a significant spike. “

So if all these factors combined to a spike and there’s no sporting events happening, university etc what’s the issue? All Ireland is finished in a few weeks so open the pubs then, no local sport happening and as far as I know universities are all remote (open to correction there) so if all three were contributors and 2 of them don’t happen any more what’s the issue?

I feel sorry for pub owners to be honest, I feel they’re being demonised as an excuse which has more to it than COVID in all honesty.

MM is just shifting the conversation to pubs to distract from the number of infections in nursing homes and hospitals.

Whatever about pubs, the decision to close down so called 'non-essential' retail in the run up to Christmas has got to be one of the most cowardly and unjustified actions since March. How much money has left the Irish economy into the pockets of Amazon and the other big online UK retailers?

And not a jot of evidence from supermarkets that have remained open throughout, that they were in anyway drivers of 'case' numbers.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,330 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

Thanks

6 to a table, time limit is scrapped if the tables are more than two meters apart. That's for the gastro pubs not sure about the restaurants.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 698 ✭✭✭SuperRabbit

Restaurants are the highest risk activity that we know of, we won't know if wet pubs are even higher risk without giving them a chance to open, will we? If they were higher risk then just give them a lower maximum capacity until they were only as high risk as restaurants.. which are, let me be clear, incredibly high risk

( https://www.nature.com/articles/s41586-020-2923-3?fbclid=IwAR2CQQi6sHEz2jpFsBhe-wY6R1H9E6Hw0Szl06F1PB25iMvS7eSGKVnmveg just one example, lots more studies suggesting the same )

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 698 ✭✭✭SuperRabbit

6 to a table, time limit is scrapped if the tables are more than two meters apart. That's for the gastro pubs not sure about the restaurants.

adult education only have to be 1 meter apart and are there for 3+ hours

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,330 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

Food pubs and restaurants have to be higher risk than pubs, that's a no brainier.

I'm just off the phone to a childhood friend of mine that I haven't spoken to in real life in over a year. A mutual friend of ours has had a bereavement so we were talking about that initially. My friend is currently living in South Africa. Wait 'til you hear this...all their pubs and restaurants and off licences were closed for 200 days. The sale of cigarettes and alcohol was banned. There was a strict 8pm to 5am curfew. How harsh are our restrictions again?

Gigs '24 - Ben Ottewell and Ian Ball (Gomez), The Jesus & Mary Chain, The Smashing Pumpkins/Weezer, Pearl Jam, Green Day, Stendhal Festival, Forest Fest, Electric Picnic, Pixies, Ride, Therapy?, Public Service Broadcasting, IDLES(x2), And So I Watch You From Afar

I think there is a fare chance a vaccine will not be widely a available until then so I don’t think he will be going away anytime soon remember there are approximately 8 billion people on this planet even if all the company’s went into overdrive production wise they will not meet demand.
    In Ireland’s case the politicians are two weak to change the yo-yo tune.

In the north, depending on vaccine approval, they've a plan in place to have everyone vaccinated by the summer time.

It appears the Covid bill is costing 5 million an hour for Ireland to keep the lights on

Add Brexit on to that and Ireland will find itself back in 1930

...along with the rest of the world. You keep posting economic doom and gloom about Ireland as if we are the only country that's going to be affected.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,465 ✭✭✭FintanMcluskey

I'm just off the phone to a childhood friend of mine that I haven't spoken to in real life in over a year. A mutual friend of ours has had a bereavement so we were talking about that initially. My friend is currently living in South Africa. Wait 'til you hear this...all their pubs and restaurants and off licences were closed for 200 days. The sale of cigarettes and alcohol was banned. There was a strict 8pm to 5am curfew. How harsh are our restrictions again?

Jeasus you have moved on to Africa to back up your argument now.

Have you any friends in North Korea

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,465 ✭✭✭FintanMcluskey

...along with the rest of the world. You keep posting economic doom and gloom about Ireland as if we are the only country that's going to be affected.

Ireland has been one of the worst effected domestic economies in Europe.

It’s relevant because most people don’t realise

About €3 million an hour Ireland has been haemorrhaging since last March just to keep itself alive.

A staggering cost and absolutely no infrastructure improved in healthcare or otherwise

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,946 ✭✭✭✭Zebra3

Very.

My mate in Denmark was out in a pub last night until 10pm.

Travelled outside the Copenhagen area for something different.

No need for a meal to give him magic protection.

No curtain twitchers giving him grief on social media for getting on with his life either.

I've other friends over there who are off watching football today in an actual stadium.

• Advertisement

RobitTV wrote: »
    They aren't playing around with us anymore. Now they are exploiting young children on national television to push the vaccine propaganda.

"need to give him pfizer vaccine. He is uncooperative so need to knock him out first"

I think she learned that from somewhere and it's blatantly obvious. No way would a young girl of her age come up with something like that.

Pretty much the whole show is scripted. Didn't you know that? It always is and this year was no different. It's always topical too. How anyone thought that Covid wouldn't be mentioned is beyond me. Propaganda though? Nah. They were trying to 'inject' a bit of humour into the whole thing.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement