Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Relaxation of Restrictions, Part VII *Read OP For Mod Warnings*

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,612 ✭✭✭Gervais08

Zebra3 wrote: »
    Very.

My mate in Denmark was out in a pub last night until 10pm.

Travelled outside the Copenhagen area for something different.

No need for a meal to give him magic protection.

No curtain twitchers giving him grief on social media for getting on with his life either.

I've other friends over there who are off watching football today in an actual stadium.

I was in Switzerland last week in October, pubs open; safe table service; masks everywhere when not drinking and 7000 fans watching the national team play in the stadium.

We’re being ****ed and it’s not about the virus any more.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,644 ✭✭✭Penfailed

Rrrrrr2 wrote: »
    Because it’s not about pessimism or feelings- if we “hope” hard enough it’ll all be better?
    Why aren’t stuck in this? Have you not heard st Tony and his deputy dear leaders? If they’re not threatening more restrictions before these ones have even been eased, they’re threatening us that restrictions will continue after any vaccines. So forgive me if I’m not filled with the joys for being slightly more happy about it all

I don't listen to Tony (I'll leave the 'St' part out as it's really cringeworthy and childish) or his deputies. It does wonders for the mental health.
    Regarding the emboldened text - Are they? Haven't heard that.

Gigs '24 - Ben Ottewell and Ian Ball (Gomez), The Jesus & Mary Chain, The Smashing Pumpkins/Weezer, Pearl Jam, Green Day, Stendhal Festival, Forest Fest, Electric Picnic, Pixies, Ride, Therapy?, Public Service Broadcasting, IDLES(x2), And So I Watch You From Afar

• Registered Users Posts: 3,447 ✭✭✭Ginger n Lemon

Penfailed you really need to walk outside and think for a bit what you are posting. Some absolute rubbish lately.

"in south Africa"

LOOOOOL

"my friend in Uganda said"

Seriously. You are turning this thread into some sort of international comedy. A bad one at that.

dalyboy wrote: »
    Why not?
    They locked down for a virus that has a fatality rate the same as the common flu

Listen to yourself. You think that they'll lockdown for rain? Get a grip people.

Gigs '24 - Ben Ottewell and Ian Ball (Gomez), The Jesus & Mary Chain, The Smashing Pumpkins/Weezer, Pearl Jam, Green Day, Stendhal Festival, Forest Fest, Electric Picnic, Pixies, Ride, Therapy?, Public Service Broadcasting, IDLES(x2), And So I Watch You From Afar

Rrrrrr2 wrote: »
    Really? Why not? We’re locking down for a virus that’s far far less lethal than originally thought. And we are repeating it over and over
    You appear to be dismissing but you’re not offering me any counter arguments or solid reassurances to the contrary

Do you realise how ridiculous you sound? Locking down for rain?! 'Sakes lads.

• Advertisement

Penfailed wrote: »
    ...along with the rest of the world. You keep posting economic doom and gloom about Ireland as if we are the only country that's going to be affected.

Brilliant logic.

Penfailed should we post about economic doom and gloom coming?

Penfailed: no ofcourse not. Shure its the same in other countries.

:rolleyes:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,612 ✭✭✭Gervais08

I don't listen to Tony (I'll leave the 'St' part out as it's really cringeworthy and childish) or his deputies. It does wonders for the mental health.
    Regarding the emboldened text - Are they? Haven't heard that.

It’s been mentioned many many times - in this thread also.

Mr. Karate wrote: »
    Its called sarcasm. Look it up before running your mouth again.

...and yet, people, as quoted above, think it's possible. *shakes head*

• Registered Users Posts: 2,712 ✭✭✭Sawduck

So are all shops open now or whats the story

• Registered Users Posts: 4,517 ✭✭✭RobitTV

Pretty much the whole show is scripted. Didn't you know that? It always is and this year was no different. It's always topical too. How anyone thought that Covid wouldn't be mentioned is beyond me. Propaganda though? Nah. They were trying to 'inject' a bit of humour into the whole thing.

As I said earlier:

To be fair, it is supposed to be a festive children's toy show :pac: I personally thought they didn't have to mention it on the level they did. Considering the entire population has been consumed by it for 9 months and it has been on the news constantly, people deserve a break.

What ever happened to 'let children be children' even just for one night.

• Advertisement

Pretty much the whole show is scripted. Didn't you know that? It always is and this year was no different. It's always topical too. How anyone thought that Covid wouldn't be mentioned is beyond me. Propaganda though? Nah. They were trying to 'inject' a bit of humour into the whole thing.

Pen you really sound like Ro Ro at this stage.

Direct quote "he needs to get pfizer vaccine. he is uncooperative so have to knock him out first"

Is that your sense of humor? Whats the funny thing here?

ha ha ?

Seriously you sound deranged.

Jeasus you have moved on to Africa to back up your argument now.

Have you any friends in North Korea

Dripping with sarcasm as usual Fintan. Should it wait for G'n'L to come along and quote your post with a 'brilliant" comment along with 'you're on fire today Fintan'?

Dripping with sarcasm as usual Fintan. Should it wait for G'n'L to come along and quote your post with a 'brilliant" comment along with 'you're on fire today Fintan'?

You are clearly not on fire.

But then you used to thank noxxs posts.... so I suppose the bar is low for you

Zebra3 wrote: »
    Very.

My mate in Denmark was out in a pub last night until 10pm.

Travelled outside the Copenhagen area for something different.

No need for a meal to give him magic protection.

No curtain twitchers giving him grief on social media for getting on with his life either.

I've other friends over there who are off watching football today in an actual stadium.

Yeah. Some places are less restrictive than Ireland and some places are more restrictive. I'm glad we're not more restrictive but would like us to be less restrictive. Whilst our health service is in the shít, we've no option but to have some form of restrictions in place though.

Penfailed you really need to walk outside and think for a bit what you are posting. Some absolute rubbish lately.

"in south Africa"

LOOOOOL

"my friend in Uganda said"

Seriously. You are turning this thread into some sort of international comedy. A bad one at that.

...and there it is. Right on time.

Great comeback. Absolute rubbish? No. Truth. Uganda? What?

Glad I'm giving you humour in these dark times.

I'm sorry but I have to disagree with using South Africa as any sort of comparison to a western country.

First of all we are talking about South Africa - A third world country on the poorest continent on the planet, very dysfunctional society, corrupt government, huge crime rates, murder rates, general corruption, violence, racial violence, ghettos, large scale poverty, people on tiny wages.

It isn't a safe place to live as it is. It's no wonder they were forced to shut down society. How could people living in the poorest parts of the nation get tested or maintain social distancing? when they live in dangerous ghettos.

Brilliant logic.

Penfailed should we post about economic doom and gloom coming?

Penfailed: no ofcourse not. Shure its the same in other countries.

:rolleyes:

Yet the people who appreciate the need for restrictions are the 'doomers'? Okay.

Gervais08 wrote: »
    It’s been mentioned many many times - in this thread also.

No, it hasn't. I've seen it mentioned that restrictions will compliment the vaccine. I haven't seen it said anywhere that restrictions will continue after the vaccination programme is completed. If you have seen it mentioned in this thread, could you quote it please? ...or a link to where it has been said?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,370 ✭✭✭facehugger99

Ireland has been one of the worst effected domestic economies in Europe.

It’s relevant because most people don’t realise

About €3 million an hour Ireland has been haemorrhaging since last March just to keep itself alive.

A staggering cost and absolutely no infrastructure improved in healthcare or otherwise

For a country with one of the youngest populations in Europe, it's staggering how badly we've managed this.

Pen you really sound like Ro Ro at this stage.

Direct quote "he needs to get pfizer vaccine. he is uncooperative so have to knock him out first"

Is that your sense of humor? Whats the funny thing here?

ha ha ?

Seriously you sound deranged.

Deranged? Who's Ro Ro? Is that one of your childish pet names for someone in government or NPHET?

• Advertisement

Yet the people who appreciate the need for restrictions are the 'doomers'? Okay.

What are you talking about?

Who calls who "doomers"?

What are you talking about?

Who calls who "doomers"?

Put 'doomer' in the search bar. You'll find loads of examples throughout the various Covid threads. It's usually an 'open everything' fella being disparaging about someone who understands the need for restrictions. I'm sure you've already seen it and are choosing to play dumb though.

Hmmmm...

ITV News - Life won't return to normal even with a vaccine next year, experts warn

RobitTV wrote: »
    Hmmmm...

ITV News - Life won't return to normal even with a vaccine next year, experts warn

Completely misleading clickbait headline that bares no resemblance to the article.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,330 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

Hmmmm...

ITV:Life won't return to normal even with a vaccine next year, experts warn

but, but, but we were only hearing this morning the UK might be rolling it out in 10 days.

I'm not convinced the vaccine can have any real impact for years, people will be getting their 3rd vaccine while some are only getting it for the 1st time, it's not the silver bullet people are hoping for.
    If we give it to the at risk and stop marking their deaths as covid related from then on it will make a difference.

Hmmmm....

The White House coronavirus taskforce’s most senior public health expert, Anthony Fauci, said on Friday that it would probably take another year before life returns to a sense of “normality” in the US, even if a successful Covid-19 vaccine is approved in the next few months.

Guardian

I'm surprised people think otherwise really.

Hmmmm....

Doctor Anthony Fauci, one of the top experts on the coronavirus task force, says it might be well into next year, even 2022, before things get back to normal.

ABC

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,444 ✭✭✭dalyboy

Hmmmm...

Horrific report.
    On further extrapolation of this it highlights just how fcuked we are here in Ireland considering we haven’t heard a peep out of the HSE on vaccine planning (never mind actual realistic roll out)

UK plans on spring 2021 as viable roll out with end of summer being almost end game and return to normal . Presumably at that point the UK can expect a normal Xmas 2021 with no restrictions (or almost none)

This is A PLAN the UK have now.

Ireland =
    Leo , MM , Tony ? HSE ? ? Anyone ?
    Radio static .....

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement