Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Relaxation of Restrictions, Part VII *Read OP For Mod Warnings*

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,517 ✭✭✭RobitTV

Don't worry everyone, we are in Ireland so we can expect a huge amount of cock-ups and delays before the vaccine is rolled out to the general population. Meaning we will be the last to get normality back.

There is bound to be some sort of screw up by the HSE and government.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,909 ✭✭✭Coillte_Bhoy

dalyboy wrote: »
    Horrific report.
    On further extrapolation of this it highlights just how fcuked we are here in Ireland considering we haven’t heard a peep out of the HSE on vaccine planning (never mind actual realistic roll out)

UK plans on spring 2021 as viable roll out with end of summer being almost end game and return to normal . Presumably at that point the UK can expect a normal Xmas 2021 with no restrictions (or almost none)

This is A PLAN the UK have now.

Ireland =
    Leo , MM , Tony ? HSE ? ? Anyone ?
    Radio static .....

The task force will be reporting by Dec 11 but i suspect you know that already

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,946 ✭✭✭✭Zebra3

Penfailed wrote: »
    Yeah. Some places are less restrictive than Ireland and some places are more restrictive. I'm glad we're not more restrictive but would like us to be less restrictive. Whilst our health service is in the shít, we've no option but to have some form of restrictions in place though.

Our health service seems to be in the brown stuff every winter.

No virtue signaling those years.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,782 ✭✭✭I see sheep

I'm flying back home from abroad and because I think not opening pubs is a disgrace I'll be drinking in as many 'food' pubs as I can and I'll be trying every trick in the book to get around the rules.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,330 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

I don't think it's any harm see how the English get on with it for a few months, that's the real drug trial, let's see what side effects are in 66 million.

• Advertisement

60 people arrested in London today for protesting on Oxford Street.

As Napoleon Bonaparte was once told by his servants - 'My Lord, the pheasants are beginning to revolt'

It's almost poetic.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 256 ✭✭Pasteur.

I don't think it's any harm see how the English get on with it for a few months, that's the real drug trial, let's see what side effects are in 66 million.
    Wait and see if they start dropping like flies?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,373 ✭✭✭Mr. Karate

RobitTV wrote: »
    Hmmmm...

ITV News - Life won't return to normal even with a vaccine next year, experts warn

I'm not surprised. The Govt and NPHET have claimed that there could be 5 lockdowns. And by God they seem determined to get them all in [and probably a few more for good measure]. They also said this could go on for 5 years [how convenient we might be free by the time these traitors are up for re election]

Clashes in London, Paris, and across many other European cities this evening.

It's all coming to a head very soon. They have pushed people to the breaking point.

Don't worry everyone, we are in Ireland so we can expect a huge amount of cock-ups and delays before the vaccine is rolled out to the general population. Meaning we will be the last to get normality back.

There is bound to be some sort of screw up by the HSE and government.

Have the HSE mentioned anything about getting it? UK is supposed to start receiving some later on this coming week.

• Advertisement

Mr. Karate wrote: »
    Have the HSE mentioned anything about getting it? UK is supposed to start receiving some later on this coming week.

I haven't heard anything lately, someone said on the 11th of December there will be some sort of meeting.

But I have a feeling we will be kept waiting much longer then our neighbours.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,447 ✭✭✭Ginger n Lemon

I'm sorry but I have to disagree with using South Africa as any sort of comparison to a western country.

First of all we are talking about South Africa - A third world country on the poorest continent on the planet, very dysfunctional society, corrupt government, huge crime rates, murder rates, general corruption, violence, racial violence, ghettos, large scale poverty, people on tiny wages.

It isn't a safe place to live as it is. It's no wonder they were forced to shut down society. How could people living in the poorest parts of the nation get tested or maintain social distancing? when they live in dangerous ghettos.

Dont be sorry. OP has done nothing but post below for the last 6 months in this thread

"all you open up brigade complain about are harsh restrictions, you think they are harsh here? Did you see that you couldnt leave your home in Wuhan for 3 months?"

Absolute rubbish.

The latest South Africa comparison is as pathetic as it gets. I am telling you, should OP have had a childhood friend in North Korea, we would be hearing how "harsh" things are there and how "lucky" we are to only keep our pubs closed for 8 months + here :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,941 ✭✭✭growleaves

Penfailed wrote: »
    No, it hasn't. I've seen it mentioned that restrictions will compliment the vaccine. I haven't seen it said anywhere that restrictions will continue after the vaccination programme is completed. If you have seen it mentioned in this thread, could you quote it please? ...or a link to where it has been said?

France's health minister Oliver Verran has said he cannot say whether mass vaccination "will allow us to return to our past lives."

As far as the French government are concerned it's undecided basically.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,123 ✭✭✭✭Gael23

growleaves wrote: »
    France's health minister Oliver Verran has said he cannot say whether mass vaccination "will allow us to return to our past lives."

So this is life now then?

Gael23 wrote: »

As long as we allow it to be.

Clashes in London, Paris, and across many other European cities this evening.

It's all coming to a head very soon. They have pushed people to the breaking point.

How's our Dublin one getting on?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,447 ✭✭✭Ginger n Lemon

Gael23 wrote: »

I do think that we are a bit slow here in Ireland in terms of general population knowledge. There is a reason that London, Berlin and Paris have had what feels almost weekly protests against this nonsense.

Irish govt took easy way out, borrow, give people money to sit at home, pray nobody realizes whats going on. Unfortunately too many are either WFH, happy with collecting PUP or are public service.

But penny will drop eventually.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,318 ✭✭✭✭Ha Long Bay

growleaves wrote: »

Why not directly quote what he said instead of your own version of the quote?

"Mr Veran said he cannot say yet whether mass vaccination “will allow us to get rid of this virus and totally return to our past lives”, because it is not clear exactly how long protection from the eventual vaccines will last."

https://www.irishexaminer.com/world/arid-40090004.html

Paris looking peaceful this evening

Jesus and all for their safety.

• Advertisement

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,644 ✭✭✭Penfailed

Dont be sorry. OP has done nothing but post below for the last 6 months in this thread

"all you open up brigade complain about are harsh restrictions, you think they are harsh here? Did you see that you couldnt leave your home in Wuhan for 3 months?"

Absolute rubbish.

The latest South Africa comparison is as pathetic as it gets. I am telling you, should OP have had a childhood friend in North Korea, we would be hearing how "harsh" things are there and how "lucky" we are to only keep our pubs closed for 8 months + here :rolleyes:

You've misquoted me again. You're putting words in my mouth and putting an inaccurate spin on it. I'm not surprised though. I haven't once...not one single time...typed the word Wuhan in these threads until this post. Do you get some kind of kick out of misrepresenting people on here for 'thanks'?

Gigs '24 - Ben Ottewell and Ian Ball (Gomez), The Jesus & Mary Chain, The Smashing Pumpkins/Weezer, Pearl Jam, Green Day, Stendhal Festival, Forest Fest, Electric Picnic, Pixies, Ride, Therapy?, Public Service Broadcasting, IDLES(x2), And So I Watch You From Afar

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,123 ✭✭✭✭Gael23

john4321 wrote: »
    Why not directly quote what he said instead of your own version of the quote?

"Mr Veran said he cannot say yet whether mass vaccination “will allow us to get rid of this virus and totally return to our past lives”, because it is not clear exactly how long protection from the eventual vaccines will last."

https://www.irishexaminer.com/world/arid-40090004.html

This still means no large gatherings and no return to workplaces any time soon

Paris looking peaceful this evening

That's mad, looks like there opening fire on them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,019 ✭✭✭✭Dempo1

Bit of a damp squib and appropriately so

Is maith an scáthán súil charad.

https://www.skylinewebcams.com/en/webcam/ireland/leinster/dublin/dublin-o-connell-street.html

Webcam on o connell Street Dublin, one garda van, about 20 protesters outside GPO

Paris in total meltdown right now. The worst in Europe this evening.

• Advertisement

Paris in total meltdown right now. The worst in Europe this evening.

Not a single News channel covering it, Sky, BBC, CNN

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement