Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Relaxation of Restrictions, Part VII *Read OP For Mod Warnings*

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,517 ✭✭✭RobitTV

What time will pubs close when they reopen from December 4th? - Never heard much this time about specific closing times.

Pretty sure it was 11:30pm during the Summer.

Shame you have to buy food once again, will put people off from bothering to go to the pub in many cases.

• Registered Users Posts: 716 ✭✭✭Paddygreen

RobitTV wrote: »
    What time will pubs close when they reopen from December 4th? - Never heard much this time about specific closing times.

Pretty sure it was 11:30pm during the Summer.

Shame you have to buy food once again, will put people off from bothering to go to the pub in many cases.

Your substantial meal may be your last supper if you get twisted and stray into the droplet dispersal radius of a C19 spreader unit.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,282 ✭✭✭CruelSummer

The nutty professors have been out in force this week gaslighting the public. Staines, McConkey, Ryan and Scally.

This latest tweet from Scally is despicable, Implying the victims of domestic violence are at fault in their choice of partner.

https://twitter.com/gabrielscally/status/1332742132214468608?s=21

I really hope these people are investigated and tried for their crimes against humanity. They should provide evidence as to who is ‘sponsoring’ and pushing their media appearances and why.
    He was also on Claire Byrne radio show last week practically laughing at old age pensioners that wanted to go to mass & have some sort of outlet. Of course the Gardaí showed up to the church in Monaghan and stopped the priest. Covid is the only religion allowed at the moment.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,561 ✭✭✭Micky 32

The nutty professors have been out in force this week gaslighting the public. Staines, McConkey, Ryan and Scally.

This latest tweet from Scally is despicable, Implying the victims of domestic violence are at fault in their choice of partner.

I really hope these people are investigated and tried for their crimes against humanity. They should provide evidence as to who is ‘sponsoring’ and pushing their media appearances and why.
    He was also on Claire Byrne radio show last week practically laughing at old age pensioners that wanted to go to mass & have some sort of outlet. Of course the Gardaí showed up to the church in Monaghan and stopped the priest. Covid is the only religion allowed at the moment.

The vaccines are coming so hopefully 2021 those gob****es will start to disappear one by one.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 232 ✭✭AssetBacked2

Micky 32 wrote: »
    The vaccines are coming so hopefully 2021 those gob****es will start to disappear one by one.

Then in 2022 when the economic rebuild begins we see cuts to the academic sector that funds these loons.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,181 ✭✭✭patnor1011

What vaccines?
    You need to realize that all that vaccines talk was just a ruse to get us used to lockdowns and restrictions.
    If you start paying attention you will find out that all vaccines talk changed from "getting back to normal" to "they are going to supplement current strategies" (masks, distancing, restrictions).

Some countries where media are kept on very short leach and not allowed to create mass hysteria like china, taiwan or singapore realized what this virus is and life pretty much returned to normal there.

patnor1011 wrote: »
    What vaccines?
    You need to realize that all that vaccines talk was just a ruse to get us used to lockdowns and restrictions.
    If you start paying attention you will find out that all vaccines talk changed from "getting back to normal" to "they are going to supplement current strategies" (masks, distancing, restrictions).

I think i’ll take the word of my own research and the actual experts rather than some random poster on here who reads the daily mail articles. Stop spouting nonsense.

• Registered Users Posts: 639 ✭✭✭Thats me

patnor1011 wrote: »
    Some countries where media are kept on very short leach and not allowed to create mass hysteria like china, taiwan or singapore realized what this virus is and life pretty much returned to normal there.

How many idiots we have in IE??? China: if they have 7 cases in 10M city - this is leading to closures of businesses and massive massive tests in the community. There is nothing like this here.

Thats me wrote: »
    How many idiots we have in IE??? China 7 cases in 10M city is leading to closures of businesses and massive massive tests in the community. There is nothing like this here.

I do constantly wonder why China is doing so well. However if it’s ever brought up on here ( especially the main thread) it’s the same BS posted “ but but they are telling lies and covering up the deaths and infections”

Thats me wrote: »
    How many idiots we have in IE??? China 7 cases in 10M city is leading to closures of businesses and massive massive tests in the community. There is nothing like this here.

Exactly. Some idiots can't put numbers in perspective. China has a population of over 1 billion people. Locking down and testing 1% of the population is in no way comparable to what is happening here but hey...
    someone see 10 million and :eek::pac::eek::pac::eek::pac::eek::pac:
    Not to mention that china never put out reliable data so believing this is happening because of 7 cases is rather naive.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 639 ✭✭✭Thats me

I do constantly wonder why China is doing so well. However if it’s ever brought up on here ( especially the main thread) it’s the same BS posted “ but but they are telling lies and covering up the deaths and infections”

Friend of mine is living in that city. Few cases -> total testing, including himself. This is how they manage their overpopulated country free from covid.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,373 ✭✭✭Mr. Karate

You hope. I wouldn't put it past them to drag out getting and releasing the vaccines as long as possible. They are clearly enjoying themselves with these lockdowns.

Mr. Karate wrote: »
    You hope. I wouldn't put it past them to drag out getting and releasing the vaccines as long as possible. They are clearly enjoying themselves with these lockdowns.

I certainly wouldn’t be surprised if we end up getting it last for sure. Issue after issue etc

• Registered Users Posts: 1,373 ✭✭✭Mr. Karate

I certainly wouldn’t be surprised if we end up getting it last for sure. Issue after issue etc

I'm sure in the days leading up to their meeting on the 14th we'll start hearing the possible excuses like "It was rushed out so it might not be safe", etc.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,644 ✭✭✭Penfailed

Are you serious?! He's not implying anything. He's calling out abusive partners not the victims.

Gigs '24 - Ben Ottewell and Ian Ball (Gomez), The Jesus & Mary Chain, The Smashing Pumpkins/Weezer, Pearl Jam, Green Day, Stendhal Festival, Forest Fest, Electric Picnic, Pixies, Ride, Therapy?, Public Service Broadcasting, IDLES(x2), And So I Watch You From Afar

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,465 ✭✭✭FintanMcluskey

Penfailed wrote: »
    Are you serious?! He's not implying anything. He's calling out abusive partners not the victims.

He’s very noble.

Lockdowns are clearly making bad situations much worse in scenario’s like so.

So many of those psychopaths are playing god

• Registered Users Posts: 982 ✭✭✭Rrrrrr2

PTH2009 wrote: »
    Best of luck trying to enforce the rules in Waterford for the next 2/3 weeks. Up the deise

Lol this is true- I support Kilkenny but the best team won and it’s great Waterford are back in a final- hope they go all the way! And yea, I dont see how they will especially if there’s a victory homecoming (which would be outdoors anyhow!). And more luck to them

• Registered Users Posts: 982 ✭✭✭Rrrrrr2

He’s very noble.

Lockdowns are clearly making bad situations much worse in scenario’s like so.

So many of those psychopaths are playing god

Quite a damaging tweet to release- domestic violence is an extremely sensitive area and to dismiss like it is ill judged at best. In England it’s not like here and the public dont suffer fools. I expect a big backlash against Scally. Lesser statements have sunk careers

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,941 ✭✭✭growleaves

Lol this is true- I support Kilkenny but the best team won and it’s great Waterford are back in a final- hope they go all the way!

Yeah they were amazing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,941 ✭✭✭growleaves

Rrrrrr2 wrote: »
    Quite a damaging tweet to release- domestic violence is an extremely sensitive area and to dismiss like it is ill judged at best. In England it’s not like here and the public dont suffer fools. I expect a big backlash against Scally. Lesser statements have sunk careers

He lifted the "Guns don't kill people, people do" argument, which political liberals have called fallacious 10,000,000 times. Including many Irish political liberals who believe they have brainpower that the average Yank can never hope to possess.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,871 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

How the government believe we will all go home to our beds at 11pm is ludicrous

Rrrrrr2 wrote: »

Curious what he has to say about other things like for example drug addicts. All rehabs closed not a chance to get a place so they can either keep using or try to sweat it out alone without help or supervision "because covid".

Interesting reading how certain things become almost religion.

The Strangely Unscientific Masking of America
    https://www.aier.org/article/the-strangely-unscientific-masking-of-america/

and while it is focused on USA many of it apply pretty much everywhere.
    Another opinion on what is happening all around us:

Fragile and Unsustainable Lies
    https://www.aier.org/article/fragile-and-unsustainable-lies/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 256 ✭✭Pasteur.

Couldn't really knock him on that tweet

One thing I learnt from observing medical professionals.

Don't be surprised if they say and think some batsh1t crazy stuff

• Registered Users Posts: 2,126 ✭✭✭misstearheus

Re Face Covering Updating: anyone know exactly how many people in-situ / what level of business busyness? constitutes a "busy outdoor area?" :-l

Penfailed wrote: »

He’s encouraging a situation where domestic violence thrives. He’s constantly pushing for lockdown after lockdown and is now trying to justify one of the consequences of it with an arrogant, badly informed tweet. He should know better in my opinion.

Re Face Covering Updating: anyone know exactly how many people in-situ / what level of business busyness? constitutes a "busy outdoor area?" :-l

In Spain in the summer, masks were recommended in public areas outdoors where social distancing couldn’t be maintained. Probably going for something similar here.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,789 ✭✭✭PowerToWait

These hysterical conspiracy theories get more ridiculous. Crimes against pub goers indeed.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,447 ✭✭✭Ginger n Lemon

Wow.

Jesus christ.

Next this idiot is gonna come out and say "lockdowns dont kill depressed people - they kill themselves"

Unreal. And you have covid worshippers eating this up, good old doctor Scally with a harmless tweet they ll say :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,447 ✭✭✭Ginger n Lemon

Topshop owner fights for surivival putting Irish jobs at risk
    Arcadia Group looks set to file for administration in the UK

https://www.irishtimes.com/business/retail-and-services/topshop-owner-fights-for-surivival-putting-irish-jobs-at-risk-1.4421354

I know I know retail were on their way out even before pandemic (surprisingly amongst many other business in many other sectors :rolleyes: ), but thought id post this here as they've opened up a brand new top shop on henry st. Shame.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement