Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Relaxation of Restrictions, Part VII *Read OP For Mod Warnings*

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,517 ✭✭✭RobitTV

NHS 111 call handler who quit claiming she did 'f*** all' during the pandemic' and 'it's a load of bollocks' claims the government has just 'rebranded the flu' as she films 'empty' A&E in London - Link

Waving the certificate she'd been presented with for all her hard work during the pandemic, the single mother seethed: 'That's why this is a certificate of bollocks. Our service was dead! I did f*** all.'

- EXCLUSIVE: Louise Hampton resigned from 111 after claiming Covid was a hoax
    - Added doctors and nurses are making pandemic worse by staying silent
    - Filmed inside two NHS hospitals claiming they were 'empty on a Friday night'

You would think this woman would receive a significant amount of hate. But go to the best rated comments and you can clearly see that people are on her side now. Many people calling her a whistleblower.

This would not of occurred back in March.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,312 ✭✭✭paw patrol

Boggles wrote: »
    I don't particularly agree with a lot of what any of them have to say.
    But, do you think BigBob55 on your twitter feed is a more reliable source?
    Or are you speaking of the online grifters peddling lies in exchange for donations to weak minded individuals?

in fairness to BigBob55 on twitter - he usually has to stand over his stats/data and defend his stance . BigBob55 doesn't get the protection the feted "experts" get with their obsequious grillings on RTE and the other media.

Luke O'Neill only has to fart and the media are quoting it with no counter point. BigBob55 on twitter just hints at a contrarian view , he gets lashed out of it and accusations of him being a Hitler fan boy are in his employers email within the hour.

There are many more expertise needed other than just professors used to their own echo chamber.

One example social media and BigBob55 are good at, is taking the doom and gloom message and seeing if the actual numbers match the hype. As I work in that kinda area it's of interest to me too. I'm sure there are others on social media doing similar for areas I know little about.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,181 ✭✭✭patnor1011

RobitTV wrote: »
    NHS 111 call handler who quit claiming she did 'f*** all' during the pandemic' and 'it's a load of bollocks' claims the government has just 'rebranded the flu' as she films 'empty' A&E in London - Link

Waving the certificate she'd been presented with for all her hard work during the pandemic, the single mother seethed: 'That's why this is a certificate of bollocks. Our service was dead! I did f*** all.'

You would think this woman would receive a significant amount of hate. But go to the best rated comments and you can clearly see that people are on her side now. Many people calling her a whistleblower.

You can find more similar stories. Paramedics talking how they had to drive with sirens and lights blaring up and down city while empty during first lockdown to maximize fear factor so people stay inside cowering in fear from this indiscriminate killer virus...:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,266 ✭✭✭✭MadYaker

You're reading conspiracy theories on the daily mail, is that the level this thread is at now?

MadYaker wrote: »
    You're reading conspiracy theories on the daily mail, is that the level this thread is at now?

Just because you don't agree with the story or you don't like what you hear, does not mean this is a 'conspiracy theory' - you have yet to provide evidence proving that this woman was a liar.

When you locate the evidence, please bring it back here and we will go from there. Just because it's on 'The Daily Mail' won't be enough evidence for you to prove she was lying.

This was actually reported on the BBC at the time. People are so quick to jump to the 'conspiracy' remarks and throw them at people to demonize them and shut down any further debate.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,136 ✭✭✭✭is_that_so

Just because you don't agree with the story or you don't like what you hear, does not mean this is a 'conspiracy theory' - you have yet to provide evidence proving that this woman was a liar.

When you locate the evidence, please bring it back here and we will go from there. Just because it's on 'The Daily Mail' won't be enough evidence for you to prove she was lying.

This was actually reported on the BBC at the time. People are so quick to jump to the 'conspiracy' remarks and throw them at people to demonize them and shut down any further debate.
    A single story or even a handful of them is not evidence of widespread behaviour. These kind of tales will always attract more headlines than people just getting on with it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,455 ✭✭✭Tork

Anyone who uses the phrase "would of" isn't reading quality publications in the first place.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,133 ✭✭✭✭end of the road

treade1 wrote: »
    Speaking of stains, the greatest scourge in MSM at the moment are the likes of Professor Anthony Staines, Tom Ryan, Sam MacConkey, Gerry Killeen, Luke O'Neill and their ilk. Most earning in excess of €135,000 scaremongering their captive MSM audiences. They continue advocating for increasingly draconian lockdowns while they cream in their public service salary. And don't get me started on their research grants to study Covid-19 and their links to big pharma.

yes, the facts brigade stating facts in the media are the scurge, not drunken yobs who apparently went to the toilet in people's gardens and left rubbish everywhere.
    what a time to be alive really.
    patnor1011 wrote: »
    Nope. This "no deaths because restrictions" is just straw clutching. Most of Africa never implemented any lockdowns or restrictions and despite their nonexistent health system and generally poor health models predicting pandemocalypse utterly failed even there.

incorrect, it's actual established and shown fact that restrictions minimise the spread of the virus.
    africa have had a serious number of deaths.

a conspiricy theorist says conspiricy theorist stuff and gets herself in the daily mail shocker.
    a few similar minded people agree with her? hardly a shock.

when it is a conspiricy theory however, it does mean that it is a conspiricy theory.
    it is a conspiricy theory that covid is a hoax as the woman being discussed claimed.
    if people are continuing to spread stuff that has already been shown to not be the case then eventually there comes a time when there isn't an option but to shut them down via robustly challenging them.

I'm very highly educated. I know words, i have the best words.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,535 ✭✭✭Silentcorner

MadYaker wrote: »

Back in the height of the pandemic in March/April, there were plenty of TikTok vidoe's of doctors and nurses all dancing to music in the wards....

Coupled with the fact that nobody working in supermarkets, which were the only things open, were getting sick from Covid...should put a seed of doubt in any rational person's mind that we are in the grips of a deadly and/or dangerous pandemic.

At the time, like today, we are getting fear and anxiety pumped into us which conveniently allows authorities to control all of our behaviours whilst at the same time doctors and nurses have time and the inclination to bop around empty wards.

It is telling that only a handful of media companies are willing to question the madness (no matter what their previous reputation).

When the dust settles, media companies, health authorities and politicians will have some job maintaining their influence over our societies...what is that they say, you can only fool some people some of the time, you can't fool all people all of the time!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,465 ✭✭✭FintanMcluskey

When the dust settles, media companies, health authorities and politicians will have some job maintaining their influence over our societies...what is that they say, you can only fool some people some of the time, you can't fool all people all of the time!!

It’s easier fool people than convince them they have been fooled.

Forevermore the restrictions will be credited with preventing over 100k deaths in Ireland

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,373 ✭✭✭Mr. Karate

Back in the height of the pandemic in March/April, there were plenty of TikTok vidoe's of doctors and nurses all dancing to music in the wards....

Coupled with the fact that nobody working in supermarkets, which were the only things open, were getting sick from Covid...should put a seed of doubt in any rational person's mind that we are in the grips of a deadly and/or dangerous pandemic.

At the time, like today, we are getting fear and anxiety pumped into us which conveniently allows authorities to control all of our behaviours whilst at the same time doctors and nurses have time and the inclination to bop around empty wards.

It is telling that only a handful of media companies are willing to question the madness (no matter what their previous reputation).

The fact that the people who are telling us to live in fear of this virus aren't living in fear of it themselves should tell you everything about this virus.

How on earth did they get the time to create those TikTok videos....inside the hospital too with many other nurses.

I mean you have to admit it is rather bizarre. Considering this was back in March / April when the hospitals were supposed to be at 'breaking point'

Nothing against people creating videos, but I'm not sure how they managed to get the time to get multiple nurses together and create these dances.

It's also rather disrespectful to the patients in the hospital.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,289 ✭✭✭VonLuck

I won't say the 'C' word, but do you honestly believe all the world's governments are working together to pull the wool over all our eyes? Really?!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,129 ✭✭✭✭normanoffside

It’s easier fool people than convince them they have been fooled.

Forevermore the restrictions will be credited with preventing over 100k deaths in Ireland

Something like 20,000 health care workers in Ireland have been infected with covid and only 7 have died 'with' it.
    Meat factory workers you are looking at 3,000+ at this stage and no deaths.

Given those kind of stats nothing near 100,000 were ever going to die with it much less from it.

Melbourne (Yes I know the person in the wheelchair isn't real... before the usual people kick off)

Melbourne (Yes I know the person in the wheelchair isn't real... before the usual people kick off)

Is that Pat Kenny in the wheelchair?

Some doctors making TikTok videos doesn't tell us anything other than some doctors made some TikTok videos.

VonLuck wrote: »
    I won't say the 'C' word, but do you honestly believe all the world's governments are working together to pull the wool over all our eyes? Really?!

No I don't...I won't pretend to have the answers either, it is probably a varying mix of weak leaderships, a compromised WHO, poor health systems, a money hungry pharma industry, a media industry in a perpetual cycle of hysteria devoid of talented journalists...but all I know is what I can see for myself, I know people who have had Covid and are perfectly fine now, I know a lot more people who have struggled with the social isolation many of whom will never be the same again over fear and anxiety....and I know that as a result of the restrictions many more will die prematurely from cancer, heart disease, depression, not to mention the adverse effects on young people.

I don't believe we will see any kind of meaningful surge in our annual deaths, or in our hospitals, the virus is most likely lost a bit of its edge in terms of the damage it does to people, it is here to stay and we have to learn to live with it without reeking havoc on our society.

At the moment in Britain and a lot of other countries, there are protests in about 10 cities that I am aware of, I would expect this to grow into something much more substantial over the winter.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,289 ✭✭✭VonLuck

No I don't...I won't pretend to have the answers either, it is probably a varying mix of weak leaderships, a compromised WHO, poor health systems, a money hungry pharma industry, a media industry in a perpetual cycle of hysteria devoid of talented journalists...but all I know is what I can see for myself, I know people who have had Covid and are perfectly fine now, I know a lot more people who have struggled with the social isolation many of whom will never be the same again over fear and anxiety....and I know that as a result of the restrictions many more will die prematurely from cancer, heart disease, depression, not to mention the adverse effects on young people.

I don't believe we will see any kind of meaningful surge in our annual deaths, or in our hospitals, the virus is most likely lost a bit of its edge in terms of the damage it does to people, it is here to stay and we have to learn to live with it without reeking havoc on our society.

At the moment in Britain and a lot of other countries, there are protests in about 10 cities that I am aware of, I would expect this to grow into something much more substantial over the winter.

So you're doubting medical professionals based on your own anecdotal evidence?

Also that's a completely flawed argument about deaths not being as high as people predicted or that there's no significant increase over typical annual deaths. You do realise that's because restrictions were implemented, right? By your logic restrictions would only be worthwhile if there were higher deaths, meaning that the restrictions would be ineffective! :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,047 ✭✭✭Clonmel1000

Turned on RTE tonight to check the weather. Immediately afterwards there was a promo for Claire Byrnes show and right on cue McDonkey is coming up to tell us that the vaccine isn’t the end of this ****e.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,531 ✭✭✭pottokblue

Dancing tictok medics/nurses might be a simple way for some stress relief. Heard on the radio studies saying that 13-18% HCW suffering from PTSD. Panepidemic or not Irish hospitals can always foster a stressful enviroment for patients, their families and friendss and staff alike...

VonLuck wrote: »
    So you're doubting medical professionals based on your own anecdotal evidence?

Also that's a completely flawed argument about deaths not being as high as people predicted or that there's no significant increase over typical annual deaths. You do realise that's because restrictions were implemented, right? By your logic restrictions would only be worthwhile if there were higher deaths, meaning that the restrictions would be ineffective! :confused:

There is plenty of divergent medial opinions on lockdowns...plenty if you choose to look for it....over 55,000 medical professionals, virologists, health experts etc signed their name to the Great Barrington Declaration for instance.

I am talking about the annual death total in this country versus previous years death totals....the vast majority of the over 2,000 covid related deaths people who died in this country were not treated in ICUs, they were most likely going to die this year with or without covid.

You do realise that virtually nobody working in Supermarkets were contacting Covid back in March/April before we had a mask mandate, when we were all going from our homes (now we know homes are a hotbed of transmission) to the supermarket and no where else....how do explain that?

• Registered Users Posts: 982 ✭✭✭Rrrrrr2

Tork wrote: »
    Some doctors making TikTok videos doesn't tell us anything other than some doctors made some TikTok videos.

It tells you have they have fcuk all to be doing as the “killer” pandemic isn’t anything like the Nphet/ RTE tell you- is that not clear?

Rrrrrr2 wrote: »
    It tells you have they have fcuk all to be doing as the “killer” pandemic isn’t anything like the Nphet/ RTE tell you- is that not clear?

It's clear what you think. I would like more context before I take out my baseball bat.

I find it when funny when people suggest that we shouldn’t question the government or the experts.

Maybe have a look back over the history of humanity...

I don’t recall any world leaders or financial experts telling us that the global economy was about to collapse back in 2008. And well, we all know what happened there.

Maybe have a look at the cervical scandal as well. Major mistakes made by medical experts that led to deaths and an attempted cover up from Tony Holohan.

If history has thought us just one thing, it’s that we should always question things.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 256 ✭✭Pasteur.

I find it when funny when people suggest that we shouldn’t question the government or the experts.

I don’t recall any world leaders or financial experts telling us that the global economy was about to collapse back in 2008. And well, we all know what happened there.

Maybe have a look at the cervical scandal as well. Major mistakes made by medical experts that led to deaths and an attempted cover up from Tony Holohan.

If history has thought us just one thing, it’s that we should always question things.

You'd be mad not to question them

Mconkey rubbished the use of the vaccine.

Not going to protect the vulnerable

Buckle up

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,133 ✭✭✭✭end of the road

Rrrrrr2 wrote: »

it doesn't tell us anything.
    believe it or not, doctors and nurses etc are entitled to a break during their shifts, even during a pandemic, which, if the virus causing that isn't controlled, it can be deadly.
    so rte and nphet aren't stating anything that isn't fact, given that if they were there are remedies available to hold them to account for doing so.

constantly saying stuff that has already been debunked, twisting things which have been said into something completely different which happens to suit the agenda of the individual doing the twisting, taking things out of context, all of which i have saw from some claiming they are questioning the experts and government, does not constitute questioning government or the experts.
    plenty of us can actually question government and experts in the correct manner and do so when required.
    some experts make mistakes yes, unfortunate but it happens, however, the fact that covid is a huge problem if not controlled and is still a much smaller problem when controlled isn't a mistake, but simple reality.

I'm very highly educated. I know words, i have the best words.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,741 ✭✭✭Dr. Bre

We will be staying at home for 2021 according to these experts

• Advertisement

it doesn't tell us anything.
    believe it or not, doctors and nurses etc are entitled to a break during their shifts, even during a pandemic, which, if the virus causing that isn't controlled, it can be deadly.
    so rte and nphet aren't stating anything that isn't fact, given that if they were there are remedies available to hold them to account for doing so.

constantly saying stuff that has already been debunked, twisting things which have been said into something completely different which happens to suit the agenda of the individual doing the twisting, taking things out of context, all of which i have saw from some claiming they are questioning the experts and government, does not constitute questioning government or the experts.
    plenty of us can actually question government and experts in the correct manner and do so when required.
    some experts make mistakes yes, unfortunate but it happens, however, the fact that covid is a huge problem if not controlled and is still a much smaller problem when controlled isn't a mistake, but simple reality.

You really are a bizarre lad...

Wall of nonsense every time. No idea what you are even attempting to say...

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement