Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Relaxation of Restrictions, Part VII *Read OP For Mod Warnings*

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,373 ✭✭✭Mr. Karate

Pasteur. wrote: »
    You'd be mad not to question them

Its sad seeing the side that used to be "Question Everything" become the side of "Question Nothing"

• Registered Users Posts: 4,517 ✭✭✭RobitTV

Remember when we were attacked for suggesting that life may not go back to normal even with an effective vaccine. Now we have Professor McConkey rubbishing the use of the vaccine and downplaying the vaccine on national television.

And remember Professor McConkey is still respected by many people, how can the pro-lockdown crowd defend him at this stage? - we warned many times that they are going to downplay the use and effectiveness of the vaccine.

Now we have Professor McConkey to prove our point for us.

• Registered Users Posts: 982 ✭✭✭Rrrrrr2

You really are a bizarre lad...

Wall of nonsense every time. No idea what you are even attempting to say...

You did better than me if you bothered reading it

• Registered Users Posts: 3,784 ✭✭✭froog

lol at people using videos of health workers having a laugh to say the virus isn't dangerous. just lol.

froog wrote: »
    lol at people using videos of health workers having a laugh to say the virus isn't dangerous. just lol.

You don't think you its time to step and do some critical thinking when the People [Govt, Media, NPHET] who have been telling us to live in fear of this virus aren't living in fear of this virus themselves? It doesn't make you ask yourself "Is this virus really that deadly?"

• Advertisement

Well, well, well....

These two have gone full Stalin.

So much for 'civil liberties' and 'my body my choice' - only when it suits.

https://twitter.com/astaines/status/1333391698324574208

The problem is people nowadays don't read books, they read or are rather FED social media which changes and is manipulated like people. Books, old books never change and the educated people will say the same in private.

Anyone that's ever read science and history and read it well will agree that this sort of stuff has happened through history, sure look, at the time Italy wouldn't even waste 1 ship on Christopher Columbus, he had to get 3 off the Spanish, the whole of the educated world said he's go over the edge, absolute crazy stuff! yet he asked the questions...

Jenner gives James Phipps small pox, absolute barbarity at the time..he asked the questions..
    ignaz semmelweis told doctors, just wash your hands, and saved 1000's he was made a pariah and went mad in hospital. But yet..he asked the questions..

When Wolfgang pauils wife left hjm for a chemist, he was more insulted by his profession over the adulatory itself..he said, had she have left me for a bullfighter, I'd understand..but a chemist???

These people have HUGE egos which will not go unchallenged,,how dare the working classes ask them to explain their actions...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,455 ✭✭✭Tork

Mr. Karate wrote: »
    You don't think you its time to step and do some critical thinking when the People [Govt, Media, NPHET] who have been telling us to live in fear of this virus aren't living in fear of this virus themselves? It doesn't make you ask yourself "Is this virus really that deadly?"

It doesn't mean you have to jump to the conclusion that because some doctors made TikTok videos, the virus is little more than something that gives you a blocked nose. Most people fall somewhere between the extremes of "We believe everything NPHET says" and "Tony Houlihan is a fascist bollocks".

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,612 ✭✭✭Gervais08

Rrrrrr2 wrote: »
    You did better than me if you bothered reading it

What the scroll was invented for that.

• Advertisement

Once you remove the Covid tinted glasses- Logic would tell you that if this was a crazy killer virus the hospitals would have been overflowing- no one would have time or energy for TikTok videos- where is the difficulty in understanding any of this?

Once you remove the Covid tinted glasses- Logic would tell you that if this was a crazy killer virus the hospitals would have been overflowing- no one would have time or energy for TikTok videos- where is the difficulty in understanding any of this?

Because of the measures put in place based on what we knew from other countries, not all hospitals were flooded with critically ill covid patients. Restrictions were put in place months ago. Remember "flatten the curve"?

RobitTV wrote: »
    Well, well, well....

This virus has allowed alot of people the chance to indulge their tyrant fantasies.

• Registered Users Posts: 547 ✭✭✭RugbyLad11

Well, well, well....

I'm not anti vaccine or anything.

...but why the hell do they bring the smallpox vaccine into the mandatory covid vaccine debate?

Smallpox had a fatality rate of like 30%

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,306 ✭✭✭✭Ha Long Bay

What's your own view on the tweet? Do you agree with "The Fat Emperor"

john4321 wrote: »
    What's your own view on the tweet? Do you agree with "The Fat Emperor"

Ivor Cummings certainly has a point. Totally agree with him.

Heard that interview- Ive become an avid Talk Radio listener especially Julia H Brewer and Mike Graham- it’s superb listening for anyone here that opposes these crazy and useless lockdowns. Ivor Cummins is a regular guest.
    The PC “tolerant” snowflakes here couldn’t stomach it, they’d defo want it burned to the ground

RugbyLad11 wrote: »
    I'm not anti vaccine or anything.

...but why the hell do they bring the smallpox vaccine into the mandatory covid vaccine debate?

Smallpox had a fatality rate of like 30%

Because social media and virtue signalling weren’t big concepts back when Smallpox was in full flow

Ivor Cummings certainly has a point. Totally agree with him.

Good to know hope you are enjoying his KETO diet plan.

"Ivor Cummins BE(Chem) CEng MIEI PMP completed a Biochemical Engineering degree in 1990"

Wouldn't rely on him much for epidemiology information thought.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,133 ✭✭✭✭end of the road

You really are a bizarre lad...

Wall of nonsense every time. No idea what you are even attempting to say...

the virus spread minimisation measures we have implemented have meant that the virus isn't anywhere near as much of a problem as it would be if uncontrolled.
    this is good news for us all, as it means our relevant services are able to continue.

exactly, they are scraping under the barrel to find something, anything, to try and ultimately fail to push their points given they have all been shown to be false.
    Mr. Karate wrote: »

don't worry we are doing plenty of critical thinking, hence why we are able to figure out why certain restrictions are in place such as only pubs serving meals being allowed to open etc.
    by the way, nobody has said live in fear of the virus, but rather if not controlled it can and will cause serious problems which will be a lot more then the problems caused by controlling it.

they would be overflowing if we didn't bother to control the virus.
    we did, so they aren't, it's that simple.
    so the videos tell us absolutely nothing at all apart from people made videos.

I'm very highly educated. I know words, i have the best words.

"Ivor Cummins BE(Chem) CEng MIEI PMP completed a Biochemical Engineering degree in 1990"

Would you rely on Thomas Ryan Assistant Prof in Neuroscience for epidemiology advice either? Hasn’t stopped him being on the tv 24/7 though

Thanks for the heads up! I have yet to discover his 'KETO diet plan' - I shall keep you updated with the results :pac:

I wouldn't rely on anybody at this stage for epidemiology information, considering the amount of cock-ups with the figures and the amount of hysterical knee-jerk decisions that have been made since March by NPHET who 'advice' the government.

Would you rely on Thomas Ryan Assistant Prof in Neuroscience for epidemiology advice either? Hasn’t stopped him being on the tv 24/7 though

Have you ever see me quote or praise him?

Have you ever see me quote or praise him?

It always has to be extremes they go for, doesn't it?

En_JL9hXEAALEwT?format=jpg&name=900x900

Thanks for the heads up! I have yet to discover his 'KETO diet plan' - I shall keep you updated with the results :pac:

I wouldn't rely on anybody at this stage for epidemiology information, considering the amount of cock-ups with the figures and the amount of hysterical knee-jerk decisions that have been made since March by NPHET who 'advice' the government.

Thought you were a fan?

"Ivor Cummings certainly has a point. Totally agree with him."

https://thefatemperor.com/tag/keto/

Another grifter with nothing to add just trying to benefit from this situation.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,133 ✭✭✭✭end of the road

Heard that interview- Ive become an avid Talk Radio listener especially Julia H Brewer and Mike Graham- it’s superb listening for anyone here that opposes these crazy and useless lockdowns. Ivor Cummins is a regular guest.
    The PC “tolerant” snowflakes here couldn’t stomach it, they’d defo want it burned to the ground

nope, used to like mike graham when he used to do the independant republic of Mike Graham show on talk sport years ago.
    didn't know he moved over to talk radio so might give him a listen.
    even used to listen to jhb when she was on lbc, naive and ill informed as she seemed to be on a number of issues.

I'm very highly educated. I know words, i have the best words.

Because social media and virtue signalling weren’t big concepts back when Smallpox was in full flow

I was at a family dinner a few days ago and there as a young couple in their 20's and one of them said, if this means we can all get back to normal and go on a holiday, I'm all up for mandatory vaccinations!!

says it all really! weak minded fools.. I didn't tell them I felt that there shuld be be mandatory NON vaccinations, I have an issue with mandatory anything!!!

anyone bored read this and tell me the HSE didn't not see old people and health workers at HUGE risk when this was on the way!!!

https://hselibrary.ie/what-evidence-is-there-for-mandatory-flu-vaccination-for-healthcare-workers/

• Advertisement

Thought you were a fan?

"Ivor Cummings certainly has a point. Totally agree with him."

https://thefatemperor.com/tag/keto/

Another grifter with nothing to add just trying to benefit from this situation.

Do I have to be a 'fan' to agree with someone now? that is news to me :pac: but I suppose 2020 has changed a lot of things...

Plenty of grifters benefiting from this situation - Professor Staines, Luke O'Neill - who will likely be offered a job with the media when this is eventually over.

Staines who pushes false figures and his daily hysteria. Such a reliable guy.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement