Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Relaxation of Restrictions, Part VII *Read OP For Mod Warnings*

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,310 ✭✭✭bloopy

RobitTV wrote: »
    Well, well, well....

These two have gone full Stalin.

So much for 'civil liberties' and 'my body my choice' - only when it suits.

https://twitter.com/astaines/status/1333391698324574208

Holy S**t. Such a move would instantly create a massive pool of literal second class citizens.

Maybe Mr Lucey can also detail the economics of such a system and what type of infrastructure will be required to implement it.

• Registered Users Posts: 982 ✭✭✭Rrrrrr2

nope, used to like mike graham when he used to do the independant republic of Mike Graham show on talk sport years ago.
    didn't know he moved over to talk radio so might give him a listen.
    even used to listen to jhb when she was on lbc, naive and ill informed as she seemed to be on a number of issues.

That’s great I’m delighted for you.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,517 ✭✭✭RobitTV

10 minutes away from returning to Level 3 restrictions. Then another lockdown in January so we can be punished for having a decent Christmas. The horror!

Should be Level 1 or as close to normality as possible.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,133 ✭✭✭✭end of the road

Rrrrrr2 wrote: »
    That’s great I’m delighted for you.

thank you, yes it's wonderful indeed.

I'm very highly educated. I know words, i have the best words.

jasus dipped my toe into the pool that is the main thread, people who use phrases like " I could care less about those who don't take a vaccine, they should not be allowed work" only served to sour my milk, not a place for the open mind or even the closed mind for that matter.

I read that in a recent study, they were more sociopathic and personality disorders apparent in high finance and commerce that in broadmoor!!!

ask yourself this, why should self proclaimed experts in the science field be except! remember Harold shipman took the oath too! brilliance and mental illness go hand in hand , it's well known and established.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 982 ✭✭✭Rrrrrr2

10 minutes away from returning to Level 3 restrictions. Then another lockdown in January so we can be punished for having a decent Christmas. The horror!

Should be Level 1 or as close to normality as possible.

Oh we’ll see- been out and about the past few weeks- the atmosphere of the public is very very very much of a “get on with life now” mentality and voting with their feet and wheels according- the Gardai are past caring now also. Going through the motions.
    Return to already failed L5 is going to be politically extremely hard to enforce- like any dam once it leaks that s it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,306 ✭✭✭✭Ha Long Bay

Do I have to be a 'fan' to agree with someone now? that is news to me :pac: but I suppose 2020 has changed a lot of things...

Plenty of grifters benefiting from this situation - Professor Staines, Luke O'Neill - who will likely be offered a job with the media when this is eventually over.

Staines who pushes false figures and his daily hysteria. Such a reliable guy.

You agree with his Tweet? If so can you explain why.

https://twitter.com/FatEmperor/status/1333196820793733120

With regards to the rest of your post.

"Plenty of grifters benefiting from this situation - Professor Staines, Luke O'Neill - who will likely be offered a job with the media when this is eventually over."

Show me one example of grifting from these two individuals and not for a second I agree with everything they say.

Im off to bed folks, debate away, nothing wrong with the sound of rattling sabers.

The worst thing I heard on the news today was a phrase, NO JAB, NO JOB!!!! frightening stuff if you have ethical issues as I do with forced vaccinations!

Night guys.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,444 ✭✭✭dalyboy

john4321 wrote: »

"Plenty of grifters benefiting from this situation - Professor Staines, Luke O'Neill - who will likely be offered a job with the media when this is eventually over."

Show me one example of grifting from these two individuals and not for a second I agree with everything they say.

How’s this for grifting?
    He was even signing his book in Eason
    https://dublinbookfestival.com/programme/heres-the-science-2/

dalyboy wrote: »
    How’s this for grifting?
    He was even signing his book in Eason
    https://dublinbookfestival.com/programme/heres-the-science-2/

Look up the definition of grifting.

• Advertisement

If you care to scroll backwards to post #2328 then you will see my reasoning as to why I agree with Ivor Cummings. As he retweeted this post from Brian Lucey.

I get the feeling you aren't a 'fan' of him :pac:

Anthony Staines is pushing for the nonsensical 'Zero-covid' policy to be enacted in Ireland. He is a stain upon the Irish scientific community for pushing such rubbish that would literally destroy the social and economic foundation of this already declining nation. He pushes endless hysteria to make a point and he has spread false figures since March.

Luke O'Neill on the other hand just seems to be enjoying the limelight. Many media appearances so he can push the NPHET agenda to the masses. He will be hired to work with the media on a permanent basis. He will gain financially from this situation through a new cushy job with the media.

You have yet to show me an example about Ivor Cummings being a grifter. But never mind, we can agree to disagree respectfully.

If you care to scroll backwards to post #2328 then you will see my reasoning as to why I agree with Ivor Cummings. As he retweeted this post from Brian Lucey.

I get the feeling you aren't a 'fan' of him :pac:

Anthony Staines is pushing for the nonsensical 'Zero-covid' policy to be enacted in Ireland. He is a stain upon the Irish scientific community for pushing such rubbish that would literally destroy the social and economic foundation of this already declining nation. He pushes endless hysteria to make a point and he has spread false figures since March.

Luke O'Neill on the other hand just seems to be enjoying the limelight. Many media appearances so he can push the NPHET agenda to the masses. He will be hired to work with the media on a permanent basis. He will gain financially from this situation through a new cushy job with the media.

You have yet to show me an example about Ivor Cummings being a grifter. But never mind, we can agree to disagree respectfully.

534755.jpg

534755.jpg

Luke-ONeill.png?resize=1536%2C868&ssl=1

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,878 ✭✭✭bush

He talks the biggest load of bollocks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,181 ✭✭✭CinemaGuy45

rusty cole wrote: »
    Im off to bed folks, debate away, nothing wrong with the sound of rattling sabers.

The worst thing I heard on the news today was a phrase, NO JAB, NO JOB!!!! frightening stuff if you have ethical issues as I do with forced vaccinations!

Night guys.

This is nightmare stuff.

Which one of the two do you think is grifting?

Which one of the two do you think is grifting?

Both of them, but Luke O'Neill deserves the grifter medal out of the two.

Both of them, but Luke O'Neill deserves the grifter medal out of the two.

Why do you think that?

https://www.breakingnews.ie/business/irish-biotech-start-up-co-founded-by-luke-oneill-sold-for-380m-1018530.html

How much has Ivor made from his diet books?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,664 ✭✭✭Whatsisname

rusty cole wrote: »
    I was at a family dinner a few days ago and there as a young couple in their 20's and one of them said, if this means we can all get back to normal and go on a holiday, I'm all up for mandatory vaccinations!!

says it all really! weak minded fools.. I didn't tell them I felt that there shuld be be mandatory NON vaccinations, I have an issue with mandatory anything!!!

anyone bored read this and tell me the HSE didn't not see old people and health workers at HUGE risk when this was on the way!!!

https://hselibrary.ie/what-evidence-is-there-for-mandatory-flu-vaccination-for-healthcare-workers/

I've seen people over on reddit say they don't care about the trials anymore they'll take it now. Weirdly these are the people who usually brandish others as being "anti science".

Blimey it would be interesting to know, I wouldn't have that information to provide to you. To be fair I cant imagine he has made much from the diet market.

How many other thousands upon thousands of individuals have entered this market.

• Advertisement

Blimey it would be interesting to know, I wouldn't have that information to provide to you. To be fair I cant imagine he has made much from the diet market.

How many other thousands upon thousands of individuals have entered this market.

Exactly and that is why I would not take anything he says about Covid with any serious notice.

Exactly and that is why I would not take anything he says about Covid with any serious notice.

He has a substantial following though and he wont be going away into the darkness. I don't see what his dieting plan has got to with his views on covid to be fair.

There are a lot of people out there with questionable views in this world.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 491 ✭✭Some_Person

Well, well, well....

These two have gone full Stalin.

So much for 'civil liberties' and 'my body my choice' - only when it suits.

https://twitter.com/astaines/status/1333391698324574208

With their masks taking up most of their avatar, they really get off on the virtue signalling.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,395 ✭✭✭GazzaL

I've seen people over on reddit say they don't care about the trials anymore they'll take it now. Weirdly these are the people who usually brandish others as being "anti science".

Funnily enough, the scientists that I know who work in pharmaceuticals, all of whom have had countless vaccinations, all say they wouldn't rush to take a vaccine that has been rushed through development and production.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,644 ✭✭✭Penfailed

Rrrrrr2 wrote: »
    Once you remove the Covid tinted glasses- Logic would tell you that if this was a crazy killer virus the hospitals would have been overflowing- no one would have time or energy for TikTok videos- where is the difficulty in understanding any of this?

You realise that hospitals have different departments, yeah? Busy Covid wards and not so busy rest of hospital? Where is the difficulty in understanding any of this?

Gigs '24 - Ben Ottewell and Ian Ball (Gomez), The Jesus & Mary Chain, The Smashing Pumpkins/Weezer, Pearl Jam, Green Day, Stendhal Festival, Forest Fest, Electric Picnic, Pixies, Ride, Therapy?, Public Service Broadcasting, IDLES(x2), And So I Watch You From Afar

• Registered Users Posts: 2,282 ✭✭✭CruelSummer

I asked on the vaccine thread to no response, where on earth is the data from Pfizer, Moderna and Astrazenca. Why has it not been published for our scientists and public health officials to study?
    These kind of actions will only fuel anti-vaxx with more theories, and cause hesitancy in others.
    I have concerns at the rushed nature of the vaccine & information is key here to see what exactly they have developed.

GazzaL wrote: »
    Funnily enough, the scientists that I know who work in pharmaceuticals, all of whom have had countless vaccinations, all say they wouldn't rush to take a vaccine that has been rushed through development and production.

With all due respect, the "scientists" you know appear to not know very much about how these trials were ran. The full Phase 3 process was ran. Just the huge amount of cash and the large number of virus in circulation resulted in the process running quickly

I asked on the vaccine thread to no response, where on earth is the data from Pfizer, Moderna and Astrazenca. Why has it not been published for our scientists and public health officials to study?
    These kind of actions will only fuel anti-vaxx with more theories, and cause hesitancy in others.
    I have concerns at the rushed nature of the vaccine & information is key here to see what exactly they have developed.

It has been submitted to the regulatory bodies who do not make approval decisions lightly.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,327 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

No advice from the HSE to wear a mask in any situation if you can keep your distance, HSE's top Covid 19 infection control expert says. Openly says he does not wear one in any situation where he can keep a 2 meter distance.
    https://www.irishtimes.com/news/health/no-benefit-to-mask-outdoors-when-socially-distancing-says-professor-1.4424311

• Advertisement

Penfailed wrote: »
    You realise that hospitals have different departments, yeah? Busy Covid wards and not so busy rest of hospital? Where is the difficulty in understanding any of this?

That’s fair enough. But I questioned before why we didn’t try to increase ICU capacity and I was told that it’s not just about beds. Doctors and nurses are needed to man those beds.

Again that is also fair enough. But hospitals are quieter than ever and we have those videos mentioned.

It begs the question, did we ever really seriously bother to try increase ICU? I would say no. It was easier just to lockdown, put thousands out of work, borrow big, pray for a vaccine and deal with consequences later.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement