Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Relaxation of Restrictions, Part VII *Read OP For Mod Warnings*

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,435 ✭✭✭mandrake04

GazzaL wrote: »
    Funnily enough, the scientists that I know who work in pharmaceuticals, all of whom have had countless vaccinations, all say they wouldn't rush to take a vaccine that has been rushed through development and production.

Cool story bro :cool:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,612 ✭✭✭Gervais08

Penfailed wrote: »
    You realise that hospitals have different departments, yeah? Busy Covid wards and not so busy rest of hospital? Where is the difficulty in understanding any of this?

31 people in ICU in the whole country ? When my dad was in the ICU he was one of three - in that hospital.

Face it, whilst it’s a serious virus there is a ****load of scaremongering going on.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,711 ✭✭✭✭thebaz

This video from the BBC in Burnley on the effect of Covid / lockdown strategy is why I believe we should continue questioning the lockdown strategy not because we don't care about life, but because we do care about life :-
    https://www.bbc.com/news/av/uk-55133081

• Registered Users Posts: 2,065 ✭✭✭funnydoggy

No advice from the HSE to wear a mask in any situation if you can keep your distance, HSE's top Covid 19 infection control expert says. Openly says he does not wear one in any situation where he can keep a 2 meter distance.
    https://www.irishtimes.com/news/health/no-benefit-to-mask-outdoors-when-socially-distancing-says-professor-1.4424311

When outdoors.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,123 ✭✭✭✭Gael23

What are the goalposts to get out of this and start living again?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 149 ✭✭treade1

funnydoggy wrote: »
    When outdoors.

Read it again - it is pretty obvious that he thinks that masks are f**k all use at stopping the spread of the virus. If he thought otherwise he wouldn't have referenced the Danish study.

Outrage on social media with the queues today. F*ck sake, what do people expect? I can imagine some twitter users pulling their hair out and screaming about a third wave.

• Registered Users Posts: 982 ✭✭✭Rrrrrr2

Gael23 wrote: »
    What are the goalposts to get out of this and start living again?

They shift daily at the whims of the dear leader- “masks” outside being the latest nonsense- not that I’ll ever be wearing outdoors or anything. Will they try make them compulsory? Or maybe goldfish bowls on our heads- would just as useless

• Registered Users Posts: 982 ✭✭✭Rrrrrr2

Outrage on social media with the queues today. F*ck sake, what do people expect? I can imagine some twitter users pulling their hair out and screaming about a third wave.

Covid bedwetters with their camera phones? So “bothered” they’re in the thick of it

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 547 ✭✭✭BeefeaterHat

These same ones have been howling about death and destruction since IKEA and the hardware stores opened and McDonald's started drive through. **** em the hysterical lunatics.

• Advertisement

Had a customer give out about it a few months ago, and I was biting my tongue trying not to ask why he too queued up.

I'm a non believer but at times like this I wish the sheep still had trust in God. If that was the still the case, they'd all be praying, having a few candlelit vigils and we could all continue living. Instead the sheep are hanging on the every word of Father Tony Holohan from the Church of NPHET.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,539 ✭✭✭✭Boggles

thebaz wrote: »
    This video from the BBC in Burnley on the effect of Covid / lockdown strategy is why I believe we should continue questioning the lockdown strategy not because we don't care about life, but because we do care about life :-

What strategy are proposing yourself there chief for England?

And is it your contention that if England had "let it rip" the people lives in that video would be better off?

Had a customer give out about it a few months ago, and I was biting my tongue trying not to ask why he too queued up.

Oh yes the 'went to x location and it was full of people! #Stay the **** at home' social media posts are my favourite genre to show how lacking in self awareness so many people are.

treade1 wrote: »
    Read it again - it is pretty obvious that he thinks that masks are f**k all use at stopping the spread of the virus. If he thought otherwise he wouldn't have referenced the Danish study.

That's not what the Danish study concluded, but I imagine you haven't actually read it, have you?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,447 ✭✭✭Ginger n Lemon

Boggles wrote: »

And is it your contention that if England had "let it rip" the people lives in that video would be better off?

Are you still posting this tripe here?

:rolleyes:

Jesus.

Your next post will have "granny killers" in it?

Are you still posting this tripe here?

:rolleyes:

Jesus.

Your next post will have "granny killers" in it?

Strange.

• Registered Users Posts: 716 ✭✭✭Paddygreen

I'm a non believer but at times like this I wish the sheep still had trust in God. If that was the still the case, they'd all be praying, having a few candlelit vigils and we could all continue living. Instead the sheep are hanging on the every word of Father Tony Holohan from the Church of NPHET.

The only reward for heretics like you who don’t believe in the salvation the vaccines will be eternal torment administered by our dark lord Covid in the bowels of some vile, dirty, dysfunctional cesspit with the cheapest inedible slop they can possibly find on the menu...like UHL or Cavan.

Scenes that you'd see in Uganda are now only 1 hour away on the plane.

Gonna see that in Dublin shortly.

All left now is for nutty professor Scally to tweet that "poor people run out of food not because of lockdowns, but because of lack of money".

Paddygreen wrote: »
    The only reward for heretics like you who don’t believe in the salvation the vaccines will be eternal torment administered by our dark lord Covid in the bowels of some vile, dirty, dysfunctional cesspit with the cheapest inedible slop they can possibly find on the menu...like UHL or Cavan.

Did you hear what Martin Feeley said to George Hook on Covid Recovery Ireland? Basically if vaccines are 75% effective and 75% of people take them the chances of someone dying are reduced by 50%. So it will reduce the IFR by 50%. It will be interesting to see what happens. It is hard to see the vaccine satisfying the lockdowners. Either the money runs out for PUP and the government end restrictions out of economic necessity or else a protest movement akin to Right to Water develops forcing the government to change direction. Unfortunately there is no sign of a credible protest movement developing that ordinary working people can get behind without been labelled a far right lunatic tinfoil hat wearing anti-vaxer!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,711 ✭✭✭✭thebaz

I said its scenes like in video why we should question the lockdown srtrategy - in fact its the humane thing to do rather than blindly following the NPHET hard lockdown strategy, without exploring other living with the virus options.

Scenes that you'd see in Uganda are now only 1 hour away on the plane.

Next level hyperbole.

But anyway food poverty in England is hardly a new phenomenon.

More people than ever turning to food banks, charity says

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,327 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

Nearly 95% us have had the vaccine that's 30%+ effective. So are we not just ending up in the same place after the new vaccine. I don't know why the Government or NPHET won't comment on it or a Journalist won't ask the question.

Next level hyperbole.

ohhh god would you ever save me from your daily rubbish?

You are the sort of guy, when faced with the facts of millions of retail jobs disappearing due to lockdowns, your response is "retail was on the way out even before covid" :rolleyes:

absolute tripe

Next level hyperbole.

Yeah but mass unemployment and the death of traditional retailers isn't going to do the food poverty situation in the UK or anywhere else any favours is it?

Nearly 95% us have had the vaccine that's 30%+ effective. So are we not just ending up in the same place after the new vaccine. I don't know why the Government or NPHET won't comment on it or a Journalist won't ask the question.

What vaccine is this?

I said its scenes like in video why we should question the lockdown srtrategy - in fact its the humane thing to do rather than blindly following the NPHET hard lockdown strategy,

What have NPHET got to do with it? That was Burnley, no? :confused:

The majority in that video would be in a higher risk category if they were to contract covid.

The scenes in that video stem from a Tory led government who don't give 2 fúcks about those people and never have.
    without exploring other living with the virus options.

Go. Let me hear them.

• Registered Users Posts: 716 ✭✭✭Paddygreen

Did you hear what Martin Feeley said to George Hook on Covid Recovery Ireland? Basically if vaccines are 75% effective and 75% of people take them the chances of someone dying are reduced by 50%. So it will reduce the IFR by 50%. It will be interesting to see what happens. It is hard to see the vaccine satisfying the lockdowners. Either the money runs out for PUP and the government end restrictions out of economic necessity or else a protest movement akin to Right to Water develops forcing the government to change direction. Unfortunately there is no sign of a credible protest movement developing that ordinary working people can get behind without been labelled a far right lunatic tinfoil hat wearing anti-vaxer!

It seems to be either the Legion of Covid on one hand where people would get antifreeze injected if cult master Hulahoop and his deciples commanded it, living for the daily **** to the death numbers. Or the Legion of Mary hauling around their life size statues and padre pio relics on the other.

Paddygreen wrote: »
    It seems to be either the Legion of Covid on one hand where people would get antifreeze injected if cult master Hulahoop and his deciples commanded it, living for the daily **** to the death numbers. Or the legion of Mary hauling around their life size statues and padre pio relics on the other.

OMG thats the funniest thing I read on boards... :D:D:D:D

• Advertisement

ohhh god would you ever save me from your daily rubbish?

You are the sort of guy, when faced with the facts of millions of retail jobs disappearing due to lockdowns, your response is "retail was on the way out even before covid" :rolleyes:

absolute tripe

Jesus, just incoherent ranting and raving. Do you ever get sick of it? Can you not engage properly with anyone?

Food poverty in the UK has existed for years and is not a new phenomenon.

That's not my opinion.
    Yeah but mass unemployment and the death of traditional retailers isn't going to do the food poverty situation in the UK or anywhere else any favours is it?

How do you prevent mass unemployment in once in a generation pandemic?

Realistically you only have a choice of bad options, you pick the least worse.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement