Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Relaxation of Restrictions, Part VII *Read OP For Mod Warnings*

Comments

RobitTV wrote: »
    Fantastic!

be careful mister speaker, you might have boggles and the likes calling you an ANTI-VAX NUT!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,306 ✭✭✭✭Ha Long Bay

niallo27 wrote: »
    It was over 200 two weeks ago, did the hospital system collapse though as predicted which much lesser restrictions than our level 5.

Yes it did.

"Belgium’s surging second wave of COVID-19 cases has forced it to move some severely ill patients, many on ventilators, to neighboring Germany, and air ambulances began flying Belgian patients further into the country on Tuesday."

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-health-coronavirus-belgium-helicopter-idUSKBN27J1MQ

• Registered Users Posts: 4,517 ✭✭✭RobitTV

Comrade Boris can't handle being challenged on this matter it seems. You see him roll his eyes at 0.16 when the MP said "liberties of the people"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,539 ✭✭✭✭Boggles

rusty cole wrote: »
    be careful mister speaker, you might have boggles and the likes calling you an ANTI-VAX NUT!

I didn't watch it TBH.

I have reached my quota of watching conservative populist dribblers trying to make themselves relevant.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,181 ✭✭✭CinemaGuy45

Boggles wrote: »
    I didn't watch it TBH.

I have reached my quota of watching conservative populist dribblers trying to make themselves relevant.

I will not be taken any vaccine especially when the vaccine makers have been given indemnity from legal action by the Irish controlling regime.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,282 ✭✭✭CruelSummer

How is everyone’s worry-metre today? NPHET & their spokesperson George Lee’s is probably high.
    First day of limited reopening, it seemed like forever to get to this point for me.

I hope all the users on here who are ready to bash Sir Desmond Swayne, are ready to make themselves available to talk to the voters of New Forest West who share a different opinion. Democracy in action.

ELoodydW4AUuk_P.jpg

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 547 ✭✭✭BeefeaterHat

PTH2009 wrote: »
    Bit of buzz around with places back open. Ques for the Hairdressers/barbers out the door

Really need to avoid a lockdown in January, its a balls of a month as it is and then adding a full lockdown. Keep places open

But we have to get 'the return of NPHET with Level 5 part 3'

Well according to some posters there's great debate over lockdown measures and it's not just NPHET forcing it on everyone. And I'm the king of England

I didn't watch it TBH.

Yes I'm sure a British mp is only dying for your attention o great one.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,090 ✭✭✭✭pjohnson

Well hes got certain people mesmerised for some bizarre reason.

• Advertisement

I think it's more startling that quite a few on here are now championing Tory backbenchers.

Fúck me 2020 is throwing up some doozies.

pjohnson wrote: »
    Well hes got certain people mesmerised for some bizarre reason.

I fail to see how posting a video and a few people commenting on it counts as being mesmerized but I might be wrong

I think it's more startling that quite a few on here are now championing Tory backbenchers.

Fúck me 2020 is throwing up some doozies.

Those 'Tory backbenchers' were elected by their constituents to represent them in the Westminster Parliament. Many of them have been re-elected for over 30 years.

Time to respect the wishes of the voters of each constituency. They clearly like who is representing them. I won't judge any individual on who they choose to represent them.

We all have opinions because we live in a free society, Sir Desmond Swayne is entitled to speak up for the people of his constituency. That is the reason why he was elected.

Show some respect and civility.

Those 'Tory backbenchers' were elected by their constituents to represent them in the Westminster Parliament. Many of them have been re-elected for over 30 years.

Time to respect the wishes of the voters of each constituency. They clearly like who is representing them. I won't judge any individual on who they choose to represent them.

We all have opinions because we live in a free society, Sir Desmond Swayne is entitled to speak up for the people of his constituency. That is the reason why he was elected.

I do find the unwarranted sense of snobbery from his posts a bit funny though

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,711 ✭✭✭✭thebaz

there is no instilling of anxiety or fear in the majority, the majority of us are doing perfectly fine while being aware that the virus exists and we need to work within it,

I know so many people that are consumed by over anxiety , due to the virus , my own mother has aged years from Fear and over anxiety - I have been pushed to the edge of my sanity by lockdown - not earning eneogh to pay rent - real fear of becoming homeless - So yeah, if I was fealing as comfortable and smug as you and the majority I probably wouldn't be looking at alternatives to lockdown.

• Registered Users Posts: 716 ✭✭✭Paddygreen

Have the Death numbers been called out yet guys? I have two score and ten on with a chum that it will be an even number tonight.

Like the respect and civility you showed Prime Minister Boris Johnson?
    Comrade Boris can't handle being challenged on this matter it seems. You see him roll his eyes at 0.16 when the MP said "liberties of the people"

Oh hang on :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 716 ✭✭✭Paddygreen

For the love of Covid guys can’t we all just get along? This could be our last Christmas together.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 52,102 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

Mod:

Folks cop on with the off topic posting and stating you have reported a poster. Vaccine discussion goes in the vaccine thread as well

Like the respect and civility you showed Prime Minister Boris Johnson?

Oh hang on :pac:

How is 'Comrade' an insult? It's a matter of my personal opinion. Sorry to let you down. (Free speech and everything you know)

Taking things out of context to make a point is not the way forward.

• Advertisement

Does "Comrade Boris" deserve your blanket respect for all politicians everywhere who have been elected?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,644 ✭✭✭Penfailed

Translation:

I make up my own rules whilst pontificating upon everyone else

That must've been a Google translation because it's completely inaccurate.

Gigs '24 - Ben Ottewell and Ian Ball (Gomez), The Jesus & Mary Chain, The Smashing Pumpkins/Weezer, Pearl Jam, Green Day, Stendhal Festival, Forest Fest, Electric Picnic, Pixies, Ride, Therapy?, Public Service Broadcasting, IDLES(x2), And So I Watch You From Afar

How is 'Comrade' an insult? It's a matter of my personal opinion. Sorry to let you down. (Free speech and everything you know)

Taking things out of context to make a point is not the way forward.

Well then why do you think Swayne deserves civility and respect but not Boris. Both were elected by the public......

Or are you against people using free speech and personal opinion when it comes to Swayne?

Does "Comrade Boris" deserve your blanket respect for all politicians everywhere who have been elected?

I respect the wishes of the constituents of Uxbridge. They chose Boris Johnson.

How is 'Comrade' an insult? It's a matter of my personal opinion. We are entitled to freedom of speech still you know, despite the covid times.

Well then why do you think Swayne deserves civility and respect but not Boris. Both were elected by the public......

Or are you against people using free speech and personal opinion when it comes to Swayne?

Where have I been uncivil exactly? 'Comrade' is not uncivil. Sorry for having a different opinion.

I have got you guys so worked up, I do apologise. :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,644 ✭✭✭Penfailed

Ah yes, Desmond Swayne, an MP who has been re-elected with a majority of 24,403 (63%) by his constituents in New Forest West. And has been the local representative for 23 years.

I'm sure his 24,403 voters in New Forest West agree with his alleged 'fringe' views

He didn't say his views were 'fringe' though.

Gigs '24 - Ben Ottewell and Ian Ball (Gomez), The Jesus & Mary Chain, The Smashing Pumpkins/Weezer, Pearl Jam, Green Day, Stendhal Festival, Forest Fest, Electric Picnic, Pixies, Ride, Therapy?, Public Service Broadcasting, IDLES(x2), And So I Watch You From Afar

How is 'Comrade' an insult?

I never said it was an insult, I merely asked you a question.

I never said it was an insult, I merely asked you a question.

And I answered the question. Moving swiftly on...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,181 ✭✭✭CinemaGuy45

I respect the wishes of the constituents of Uxbridge. They chose Boris Johnson.

How is 'Comrade' an insult? It's a matter of my personal opinion. We are entitled to freedom of speech still you know, despite the covid times.

Be careful freedom is not free.

I remember we use to have freedom of association.
    Freedom of movement.
    Freedom to decide what we wear and what goes in our body.

Unless we fight for our freedoms and exercise them they have a nasty habit of vanishing.;)

• Advertisement

Where have I been uncivil exactly? 'Comrade' is a not uncivil. Sorry for having a different opinion.

I have got you guys so worked up, I do apologise. :pac:

No just amusing how again you guys forget how to practice what you preach. It really didn't take long this time must be a record.

If you want Sir Desmond Swayne to be adressed by his title "Sir" then its odd you mistitle Boris Johnson "Comrade".

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement