Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Relaxation of Restrictions, Part VII *Read OP For Mod Warnings*

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,326 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

Bangor scientist calls for all Covid rules to be scrapped because they don't work - except for one

Keep your 2 meter distance, it's the only advice we need and is easy for everyone to manage themselves.

https://www.dailypost.co.uk/news/north-wales-news/bangor-scientist-calls-covid-rules-19381440

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,644 ✭✭✭Penfailed

................next week!

It'll be a couple of weeks before it's available in the north according to Robin Swann (the Health Minister).

Gigs '24 - Ben Ottewell and Ian Ball (Gomez), The Jesus & Mary Chain, The Smashing Pumpkins/Weezer, Pearl Jam, Green Day, Stendhal Festival, Forest Fest, Electric Picnic, Pixies, Ride, Therapy?, Public Service Broadcasting, IDLES(x2), And So I Watch You From Afar

• Closed Accounts Posts: 30 Sheep2020

Rrrrrr2 wrote: »
    Clearly there’s a ton of people answering those surveys as Covid Saints but then continuing life as normal- because none of them correlate with what I see out and about in terms of traffic and people

RTE party proved that to the whole country

Everyone I have met just moans about th restrictions, haven't met anyone recently that agrees with them, yet online most are pro lockdown

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,536 ✭✭✭✭Boggles

patnor1011 wrote: »
    Sure. You seems to not realize that about 1600 people die every day on average in the UK. Generally more die in winter months.
    Some of them die with covid diagnosed by PCR tests which are flawed according to scientists who put out paper you did not bother to read as it goes against all what you believe. Sorry but your belief is exactly what it is. A belief.

Do you believe Global Pandemic ended in June as per Dr. Mike?
    Deaths in US due to Covid-19 top 270,000: Johns Hopkins University

They all died of faulty tests?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,612 ✭✭✭Gervais08

Boggles wrote: »
    Seems legit.

That’s good to know eh ?

I most have imagined my dad contracting in October.

Some “experts” I wouldn’t trust to let the dog out.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 982 ✭✭✭Rrrrrr2

I’m delighted to finally see some articles yesterday and today about the economic doom ahead.

It’s absolute fantasy to think the economy is bouncing right back in 2021. For starters, we’ll likely spend Q1 in lockdown again.

Starting to see words like Austerity make an appearance now. And “new revenue streams”, which means more taxes for us.

I predict the next few years will be much tougher for us all than 2020. With the benefit of hindsight, we’ll have lots of citizens looking back and wondering whether hiding under the bed was the right thing to do.

The biggest problem is the out of control public spending- the tax base seems to be holding up fairly ok for now. All down to the OTT panicked reaction of government to the crisis- the healthy service once more devouring money with even worse outcomes than before

This is basic flaw in thinking of covid-preachers who scream conspiracy theory at everyone who has a question about this "pandemic".
    You only need small group of wealthy individuals or corporations who can extend pressure on few politicians which depend on their donations or investments. Add campaign of fear and pointing fingers from media.
    This spread in no time and what we see is no real "working together" but copying each other for fear of being singled out. Exactly what happened to everyone who dared to have some questions. On national scale just look at what happened with Sweden - they were basically a pariah state and pretty much browbeaten into compliance.

And most of it based on flawed PCR testing.
    Have a blast and read what some scientists have to say about them.
    https://cormandrostenreview.com/report/

Op-ed based on this paper:
    A global team of experts has found 10 FATAL FLAWS in the main test for Covid and is demanding it’s urgently axed. As they should.
    https://www.rt.com/op-ed/508383-fatal-flaws-covid-test/

Good One. Whats your next joke?

Sure. You seems to not realize that about 1600 people die every day on average in the UK. Generally more die in winter months.
    Some of them die with covid diagnosed by PCR tests which are flawed according to scientists who put out paper you did not bother to read as it goes against all what you believe. Sorry but your belief is exactly what it is. A belief.

All those people are pretending they are sick

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,242 ✭✭✭brisan

darconio wrote: »
    18 dead today
    Must be the effect of penneys opening their gates no other explanation
    Quick, let's lock down everything before it's too late, bloody granny killers not even wearing their masks outside, and the street was jammed :pac:

I think a lot of us knew the figures would be high the day the restrictions were lifted
    Its the way NPHET works
    They dont get their own way and they throw up a large number of deaths to frighten people
    15 of the 18 deaths were in November ,1 in October and the other two they do not know when they died, yes folks they do not know when 2 people died
    And this lot are in charge of the HSE
    Petulant scaremongers
    i would say the chances are they deliberately held reporting these deaths back till the day restrictions were lifted

brisan wrote: »
    I think a lot of us knew the figures would be high the day the restrictions were lifted
    Its the way NPHET works
    They dont get their own way and they throw up a large number of deaths to frighten people
    15 of the 18 deaths were in November ,1 in October and the other two they do not know when they died, yes folks they do not know when 2 people died
    And this lot are in charge of the HSE
    Petulant scaremongers
    i would say the chances are they deliberately held reporting these deaths back till the day restrictions were lifted

More nonsense. Tuesdays have seen a spike more often than not as reporting catches up with the weekend. But no, its a conspiracy!

• Advertisement

Sheep2020 wrote: »
    RTE party proved that to the whole country

Everyone I have met just moans about th restrictions, haven't met anyone recently that agrees with them, yet online most are pro lockdown

It’s the fashionable thing to be pro lockdown- you’re a pariah if you have the audacity to question such “sense”
    The chattering Nespresso sipping classes are massively so in my experience as they meet down the local park for a natter

So you are saying NPHET are colluding with the HPSC and stockpiling death announcements?

That is pretty hefty charge, surely you have some sort of proof, evidence, anything?

More nonsense. Tuesdays have seen a spike more often than not as reporting catches up with the weekend. But no, its a conspiracy!

15 in November all reported today
    Did they all die over the weekend
    Scaremongering tactics because the Government went against their advice and allowed the demon alcohol to be sold openly

So you are saying NPHET are colluding with the HPSC and stockpiling death announcements?

That is pretty hefty charge, surely you have some sort of proof, evidence, anything?

Proof is only for the chattering, curtain twitching, Nespresso drinking classes not for those in the know.

Yes that is exactly what I am saying and no I have no proof because I have not got access to their records
    What proof have you got that they are not ?

15 in November all reported today
    Did they all die over the weekend
    Scaremongering tactics because the Government went against their advice and allowed the demon alcohol to be sold openly

15 reported on November 10th - a Tuesday, 11 on November 17th a Tuesday, 13 on October 27th, Tuesday. In fact 6 days in the past 2 months have had 10 or more deaths reported. 4 of these were a Tuesday. Conspiracy or just the way the data is compiled?

Yes that is exactly what I am saying and no I have no proof because I have not got access to their records

Fair enough.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,061 ✭✭✭✭martingriff

Proving a negative really. The onus is on the one with the accusation. Just because someone can't prove something is not does not mean it is true.

NPHET don't even compile the figures.

This is just complete nonsense, make an allegation without an evidence whatsoever and then set an imaginary impossible burden of proof on anyone who questions the baseless narrative

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,312 ✭✭✭paw patrol

it's a big charge for sure.
    but they have done many revisionist stats - plenty dead and the fine print that is reported in paragraph 428 confirms deaths were 2 month ago.

Didn't they report false stats "by accident" the day before the government over ruled them for December....only to correct themselves after meeting the government

They mightnt be corrupt but their stats aren't robust enough given the fallout of those numbers and the effect they have on 5million people

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 716 ✭✭✭Paddygreen

I’m really missing Simon H guys, absolutely the right demeanor for the job, his sad face was amazing, second to none, really good, a much higher standard sadface than what we see today guys. Not sure about the bald guy, I don’t trust men with no hair.

Proof is only for the chattering, curtain twitching, Nespresso drinking classes not for those in the know.

Yep- you can say that again ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,934 ✭✭✭✭fin12

The Welsh PM has been barred from over 100 pubs for 18 months because of his alcohol ban. :pac:

[url] https://www.dailypost.co.uk/news/north-wales-news/mark-drakeford-barred-100-north-19377496[/url]

Fair play to them.

fin12 wrote: »
    Fair play to them.

Need to do the same here inculding all of NPHET - and expand the ban to include retail and other hospitality- if these zealots want to continually shut down these perefectly safe premises and starve them of their incomes then they have the right to refuse these people (who are very public) their goods and services.

Need to do the same here inculding all of NPHET - and expand the ban to include retail and other hospitality- if these zealots want to continually shut down these perefectly safe premises and starve them of their incomes then they have the right to refuse these people (who are very public) their goods and services.

Why not just Lynch them? Seen as the evidence is so strong that they are acting in bad faith

Why not just Lynch them? Seen as the evidence is so strong that they are acting in bad faith

No I wouldnt lynch them as that would be murder and wrong- but I’d make sure they’d be outside the door where they belong, enjoying the nice fresh air. Must suggest this to my friends in the VFI and Retail Ireland actually

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,129 ✭✭✭✭normanoffside

How do you explain then back in October when we were about to move levels. On a Friday night we had something like 8 or 9 deaths denotified; then the following day, a Saturday, we had 13 deaths with most of them having occurred months before.

This happens every time we are about to move levels or when NPHET haven’t go their way.
    It’s a joke now it’s so transparent.

How do you explain then back in October when we were about to move levels. On a Friday night we had something like 8 or 9 deaths denotified; then the following day, a Saturday, we had 13 deaths with most of them having occurred months before.

This happens every time we are about to move levels or when NPHET haven’t go their way.
    It’s a joke now it’s so transparent.

Its imaginary

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,862 ✭✭✭hynesie08

No I wouldnt lynch them as that would be murder and wrong- but I’d make sure they’d be outside the door where they belong, enjoying the nice fresh air. Must suggest this to my friends in the VFI and Retail Ireland actually

Name the members of NPHET who aren't tony?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 64 ✭✭LAZYIRISH

It’s the fashionable thing to be pro lockdown- you’re a pariah if you have the audacity to question such “sense”
    The chattering Nespresso sipping classes are massively so in my experience as they meet down the local park for a natter

My mother and sister il law are the same , giving out about people going shopping, giving out people are drinking how dare they , and she is so happy that the pubs are not open in her words" Im glad to see the back of them. Bare in mind this woman never leaves the house hasn't drank in over 30 years but will be heading to town for her few decorations on Saturday, hairdressers and getting her nails done next week but it's alright for her. So worried she will catch the virus but sits there smoking 40 fags a day, ,the daughter the same and these are the ones looking for restrictions would you ever **** off and get a clue. She doesn't want the vaccine either she has every other jab you can possibly put in her but shes adamant that this one she wont get.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement