Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Relaxation of Restrictions, Part VII *Read OP For Mod Warnings*

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 982 ✭✭✭Rrrrrr2

hynesie08 wrote: »
    Name the members of NPHET who aren't tony?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/National_Public_Health_Emergency_Team_(2020)
    Some very public gobs like Nolan, Holohan and De Gascun. Very easy to identify these people

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,465 ✭✭✭FintanMcluskey

I’m delighted to finally see some articles yesterday and today about the economic doom ahead.

It’s absolute fantasy to think the economy is bouncing right back in 2021. For starters, we’ll likely spend Q1 in lockdown again.

Starting to see words like Austerity make an appearance now. And “new revenue streams”, which means more taxes for us.

I predict the next few years will be much tougher for us all than 2020. With the benefit of hindsight, we’ll have lots of citizens looking back and wondering whether hiding under the bed was the right thing to do.

Bounce back economically is extremely unlikely next year as the restrictions will continue until the vaccine has fully “complimented” the restrictions to maximum effect.

The vaccine task force will likely utilise a union which will make a vaccination programme a long drawn out affair.

As Dan O Brien said, the virus has discriminated the elderly from a health point of view but the young from an economic point of view.

The ladder is pulled up, granny is home and dry after her long life, lots of finger waggers are on board with her, now the young can foot the bill forevermore while trying to keep their head above water

Rrrrrr2 wrote: »
    Some very public gobs like Nolan, Holohan and De Gascun. Very easy to identify these people

This is just nutjob stuff to be honest.

Would you like to be publicly shunned for a decision made by your employer?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,137 ✭✭✭323

https://m.independent.ie/irish-news/state-to-underwrite-virus-vaccine-firms-to-reassure-patients-as-jab-is-rolled-out-39816668.html

More cost and conditionality ahead of vaccine roll out to the State. By the time we exit this mess, we’ll be up to our eyes in debt. I think it’s absolute madness for the State to have to under-write vaccines developed so fast.

Wow, mindboggling.

An advanced purchase agreement for 875,000 doses of a product that is as yet not approved from Moderna. A company that has not developed a single human medicine or vaccine EVER, and the taxpayer gets dumped with the liability.

“Follow the trend lines, not the headlines,”

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 859 ✭✭✭OwenM

323 wrote: »
    Wow, mindboggling.

An advanced purchase agreement for 875,000 doses of a product that is as yet not approved from Moderna. A company that has not developed a single human medicine or vaccine EVER, and the taxpayer gets dumped with the liability.

We've had these for other vaccine candidates before now, if we didn't there would be plenty of uproar because 'the government missed the boat' and none was available for purchase.

• Advertisement

Bounce back economically is extremely unlikely next year as the restrictions will continue until the vaccine has fully “complimented” the restrictions to maximum effect.

The vaccine task force will likely utilise a union which will make a vaccination programme a long drawn out affair.

As Dan O Brien said, the virus has discriminated the elderly from a health point of view but the young from an economic point of view.

The ladder is pulled up, granny is home and dry after her long life, lots of finger waggers are on board with her, now the young can foot the bill forevermore while trying to keep their head above water

https://blog.oxfordeconomics.com/coronavirus/upside-risks-begin-to-crystallise

https://www.irishtimes.com/business/economy/hit-to-irish-economy-from-coronavirus-likely-to-be-minimal-central-bank-says-1.4372780

https://home.kpmg/xx/en/blogs/home/posts/2020/06/covid-19-the-economic-outlook.html

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,242 ✭✭✭brisan

Need to do the same here inculding all of NPHET - and expand the ban to include retail and other hospitality- if these zealots want to continually shut down these perefectly safe premises and starve them of their incomes then they have the right to refuse these people (who are very public) their goods and services.

Tony is quite vocal about his anti alcohol stance so barring him from every pub in the country would not bother him

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,612 ✭✭✭Gervais08

brisan wrote: »
    Tony is quite vocal ablaut his anti alcohol stance so barring him from every pub in the country would not bother him

Yet there are people defending him that deny he is a card carrying member of the Temperance Socieyi!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,644 ✭✭✭Penfailed

Gervais08 wrote: »
    Yet there are people defending him that deny he is a card carrying member of the Temperance Socieyi!!!

I haven't seen anyone deny that in this thread.

Gigs '24 - Ben Ottewell and Ian Ball (Gomez), The Jesus & Mary Chain, The Smashing Pumpkins/Weezer, Pearl Jam, Green Day, Stendhal Festival, Forest Fest, Electric Picnic, Pixies, Ride, Therapy?, Public Service Broadcasting, IDLES(x2), And So I Watch You From Afar

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,536 ✭✭✭✭Boggles

Tony strikes me as man that would a enjoy a pint.

Ronan not so much.

Of course that could be backwards.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,612 ✭✭✭Gervais08

Boggles wrote: »

Ronan not so much.

I don’t know about the first part Boggles - he does strike me as very puritanical tbh.

Gervais08 wrote: »

Has no relevance whatsoever

Tony is quite vocal about his anti alcohol stance so barring him from every pub in the country would not bother him

Well people go into pubs not just for alcohol (i know that must be mind-blowing for the Puritan movement) - to have a meal, meet friends for a just a coffee/tea or a mineral/soft drink.

Tony strikes me as looks like a man that would a enjoy a pint.

Ronan not so much.

Fixed that post for you.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,242 ✭✭✭brisan

Has no relevance whatsoever

I assume your tongue was placed firmly in your cheek when you typed that post

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,116 ✭✭✭bazermc

I was just in a certain Dublin Spar Store that has a Subway with a seating area.

The seating area was being used, today, whereas previously for the last few weeks, it was blocked off

Are they jumping the gun here, I thought this was not allowed until Friday?

Its imaginary

Aww bless :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,129 ✭✭✭✭normanoffside

Have a look at the fella in the last few seconds of this video :pac:

https://twitter.com/MARCOFREE2020/status/1329548270599860226

I assume your tongue was placed firmly in your cheek when you typed that post

No, you lot are questioning the professional integrity of an entire group of people based purely on supposition.

Aww bless :pac:

all this nonsense on NPHET and numbers is in the fevered imaginations of the restrictions thread. There is zero evidence whatsoever

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,129 ✭✭✭✭normanoffside

It’s the HSPC system and no amount of teeth gnashing, pointless frothing or tilting at windmills changes that

The director of the HSPC is an NPHET member.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,061 ✭✭✭✭martingriff

And Government as they are the ones who act on the advice and all of the Dail as they support the advice

Indeed, pint of water with a twist of blackcurrent in the Shelbourne. Nursing it for several hours, living on the edge. Life and soul of the party Tony, swinging from the chandelier after a Ballygowen sparkling. A man who would blend into the background at any rural pub, real salt of the earth. Regular Joe Boggles :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 716 ✭✭✭Paddygreen

bazermc wrote: »
    I was just in a certain Dublin Spar Store that has a Subway with a seating area.

The seating area was being used, today, whereas previously for the last few weeks, it was blocked off

Are they jumping the gun here, I thought this was not allowed until Friday?

I am just back from Spar and I am absolutely incandescent with rage after witnessing exactly the same thing. I am going to put two masks on when I go in there for my essentials tomorrow, thinking of putting blue gloves on as well to make my dissatisfaction blatantly obvious. My solicitor has advised me not to directly challenge people going forward so the passive aggressiveness has to go up a notch or two.

There seems to be a few in here who need to lay off the stuff very strange theories about people. Get out and go for a walk

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,924 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

It seems NPHET are losing their grip on not just the public, but the media as well..
    People travelling home from abroad for Christmas should not automatically be considered as high-risk for spreading infection, new European guidelines for air travel said today.

They should rather be treated in the same way as members of the local population who have not had any direct contact to a person infected with Covid-19.

The surprise advice was published jointly by the European Centre for Disease Prevention and Control (ECDC) - which the Irish Government looks for guidance from - and the European Union Aviation Safety Agency (EASA) on the request of the European Commission.

The National Public Health Emergency Team here (Nphet) has asked people not to travel home for Christmas from abroad because they could bring the virus with them.

Tony being shown up again.

_Kaiser_ wrote: »
    It seems NPHET are losing their grip on not just the public, but the media as well..

Tony being shown up again.

I wouldn't say that exactly as it is new advice. Now if he keeps on the old advice then yes I will agree with you. Does this not go against the travel traffic light rules

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,266 ✭✭✭✭MadYaker

Indeed, pint of water with a twist of blackcurrent in the Shelbourne. Nursing it for several hours, living on the edge. Life and soul of the party Tony, swinging from the chandelier after a Ballygowen sparkling. A man who would blend into the background at any rural pub, real salt of the earth. Regular Joe Boggles :rolleyes:

Why the constant need to get personal with the insults and belittling of public figures in this thread? Getting happiness or satisfaction from the abuse of others is not a healthy way to be. It’s not personal for him and it shouldn’t be for you.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,326 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

Can't believe they think travel is no risk isn't that what started the mess in the first place and after wave 1.

• Advertisement

The director of the HSPC is an NPHET member.

And? That doesn't the can ignore the requirements for reporting notifiable diseases

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement