Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Relaxation of Restrictions, Part VII *Read OP For Mod Warnings*

Comments

OwenM wrote: »
    Why not. The WHO figures I can find give deaths at 290k for Covid. I've selected all the countries listed on the Euromomo page for this:

who-eea.png

Euromomo gives excess deaths this year of all causes at 265K (roughly from inspection of the graph). Excess deaths over the previous two years (if we average 2018 & 2019 roughly from inspection of the graph) at about 160k. Of course we have to assume nobody is dying of anything else here..... Cancer, diabetes, heart disease, stroke, accidents.

Handy feature on the Graphs - hover over the line and it will tell you the number. 2020 is at 270k. 2018 and 2019 were at 114k and 61k at the same point (week 47)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 859 ✭✭✭OwenM

Handy feature on the Graphs - hover over the line and it will tell you the number. 2020 is at 270k. 2018 and 2019 were at 114k and 61k at the same point (week 47)

That's useful. So more accurately: Excess deaths over the previous two years (if we average 2018 & 2019 roughly from inspection of the graph) at about 175k.

So Euromomo says 175k more people died than 2018/19 averaged of all causes, but WHO says 290k died just of covid, a new disease, and we haven't cured cancer or any other major cause of death in the meantime?

And 2/3rds of those WHO recorded deaths are in wave 1.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,326 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

Don't question the Ministry of Truth

That's useful. So more accurately: Excess deaths over the previous two years (if we average 2018 & 2019 roughly from inspection of the graph) at about 175k.

So Euromomo says 175k more people died than 2018/19 averaged of all causes, but WHO says 290k died just of covid, a new disease, and we haven't cured cancer or any other major cause of death in the meantime?

And 2/3rds of those WHO recorded deaths are in wave 1.

175k over 2 years - 82.5k per year. So maybe only 200,000 people died in Europe who may not have otherwise. That just grand then isn't it.

175k over 2 years - 82.5k per year. So maybe only 200,000 people died in Europe who may not have otherwise. That just grand then isn't it.

no, 175k this year but WHO says 290k and 2/3rds of it in wave 1 and none of those during wave 2 in Ireland including NI.

The deaths reported to WHO are clearly overstated by at least a third.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 982 ✭✭✭Rrrrrr2

All hail the Dear Leader Tony

Dont use facts. Instead rely on rumour, supposition, innuendo and insults

no, 175k this year but WHO says 290k and 2/3rds of it in wave 1 and none of those during wave 2 in Ireland including NI.

The deaths reported to WHO are clearly overstated by at least a third.

2018 and 2019 were above the previous baseline. Maybe the baseline need to be recalculated, or maybe 2018 and 2019 were unusually high. Either way at least 175k extra deaths due to Covid.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,465 ✭✭✭FintanMcluskey

2018 and 2019 were above the previous baseline. Maybe the baseline need to be recalculated, or maybe 2018 and 2019 were unusually high. Either way at least 175k extra deaths due to Covid.

Of course the increasing elderly population in the EU would suggest an increase in death rate would be expected

• Registered Users Posts: 5,513 ✭✭✭bb1234567

You can cherry pick random countries all you want, how about the UK and NI?

Especially NI where there has be so much fretting about on here.

euromomo-2.png

It's kind of funny you've used UK as an example of low excess when you see that red line it is now hovering above? Indicates a substantial increase in excess mortality and above normal deviation

Anyway NISRA (Northern Ireland Statistics & Research Agency) itself has released recent statistics saying excess deaths are considerably above normal in Northern Ireland, 30% above average in the beginning of November. This is not represented on Euromomo.
    So I have noidea why Euromomo is saying excess deaths are below normal in NI.
    The provisional number of all deaths for the week ending 6 November was 386.

That is 18 more than the previous week and 90 more than the five-year average of 296.
    https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-northern-ireland-54930521
    Anyone any idea?

• Advertisement

Why not. The WHO figures I can find give deaths at 290k for Covid. I've selected all the countries listed on the Euromomo page for this:

who-eea.png

Euromomo gives excess deaths this year of all causes at 265K (roughly from inspection of the graph). Excess deaths over the previous two years (if we average 2018 & 2019 roughly from inspection of the graph) at about 160k. Of course we have to assume nobody is dying of anything else here..... Cancer, diabetes, heart disease, stroke, accidents.

So back to your original argument about Rep Ireland's low total death rate this year. You're simultaneously trying to claim that excess deaths on the continent are partly from cancer, diabetes related to lockdown deferring treatment etc while also claiming Ireland's very low total excess deaths is evidence of low COVID mortality.
    So these non covid deaths excess you are talking about on the continent due to lockdown, why aren't we seeing them here then too, in the country with the longest lockdown in Europe ?

Seems like a very inconsistent argument

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,076 ✭✭✭Wayne Jarvis

I'm going to post a graph too.

Dogs-vs-Cats-How-much-they-miss-you-relative-to-the-time-you-are-gone.png

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,812 ✭✭✭Captain_Crash

OMG your graph is so wrong! The paradox of missage is waaaaay off! Cats clearly don’t miss their owners that much and you so underestimating the level of dog sorry which quite clearly is omitted!!!

See here... I’m right your wrong! www.lovelygraphs.com
    www.mygraphisbetterthanyours.ie
    www.adogslifeinagoodboysownwords.com

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,181 ✭✭✭patnor1011

Boggles wrote: »
    Do you believe Global Pandemic ended in June as per Dr. Mike?

They all died of faulty tests?

Again you seems to ignore simple facts like that for example in 2018, a total of 2,839,205 resident deaths were registered in the United States.

You toss in 270,000 as some horribly big number when that is just a total of deaths with covid since what, february? March?
    235,000 people die in the USA every month on average and say 30,000 of them died with covid every month.

That should scare who exactly? Only those who cant do some basic math and see things in perspective for what they really are.

https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/lab/resources/antibody-tests.html

Evidence emerges that COVID tests are faulty. FDA and CDC admit as much.
    https://www.lifesitenews.com/news/evidence-emerges-that-covid-tests-are-faulty-fda-and-cdc-admit-as-much

• Registered Users Posts: 2,251 ✭✭✭speckle

I will bite... Damn lies and statistics abound. My furry friends disagree with your beautiful chart. Miaooow.

• Registered Users Posts: 716 ✭✭✭Paddygreen

I fear the reaper has only been warming up so far guys. Swinging the scythe slowly. Terrifying to think that the third wave might cause mass carnage, open pits and bags of lime, body bags, brain eating zombies, the works, The dark Harvest is upon us my friends.. I think it’s time now that the government set up an “ark” so we can ‘save’ the cream of the crop...Ryan Tubridy, Uncle Joe, Twink, Dermot Bannon, Jedward , the Leprechaun in the Phoenix Park, Marty Morrissy etc. We could anchor it somewhere of the coast of Donegal, a couple of hundred miles or so. Hard decisions have to be made if civilization is to survive guys.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,251 ✭✭✭speckle

I bags be the reincarnation of moses and I will part the seas and winds of covid for you PaddyGreen. Dont forget the turf.

• Registered Users Posts: 716 ✭✭✭Paddygreen

Should probably leave George Lee tied up on the dock , not sure he would be great for morale on the vessel. He’d absolutely ruin the buzz.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,535 ✭✭✭✭Boggles

patnor1011 wrote: »
    Again you seems to ignore simple facts like that for example in 2018, a total of 2,839,205 resident deaths were registered in the United States.

You toss in 270,000 as some horribly big number when that is just a total of deaths with covid since what, february? March?
    235,000 people die in the USA every month on average and say 30,000 of them died with covid every month.

That should scare who exactly? Only those who cant do some basic math and see things in perspective for what they really are.

https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/lab/resources/antibody-tests.html

Evidence emerges that COVID tests are faulty. FDA and CDC admit as much.
    https://www.lifesitenews.com/news/evidence-emerges-that-covid-tests-are-faulty-fda-and-cdc-admit-as-much

So your position is people die everyday in the states, over a quarter of a million more is no big deal?

Really? :confused:

So your position is people die everyday in the states, over a quarter of a million more is no big deal?

Really? :confused:

Lol you are in no position to claim that over quarter of a million more died.
    To be able to claim this you will have to wait till end of this year when all the data will be available. Absolute majority of people who died not just in the USA but everywhere were people who were quite old with one or more comorbidities.

Really. ;)

• Advertisement

Putin Orders Mass Covid Vaccinations To Begin Next Week In Russia.

Just hours after the UK approved the rushed Pfizer vaccine for use in the UK as soon as next week (it remains unclear just who will volunteer first), President Vladimir Putin ordered the start of mass-scale vaccination against coronavirus in Russia by the end of next week with medics and teachers first to get the shot.

In a teleconference on Wednesday, Putin said that Russia’s pharma industry is ready for a large-scale vaccination as the amount of doses of the pioneering anti-Covid "Sputnik V" vaccine already produced will reach two million in the coming days.

The vaccination against Covid-19 will be voluntary, and Russian citizens will be getting the shots free of charge.

"I’d ask you to organize the work in a way that would allow the start of large-scale vaccination by the end of next week," the president told Deputy Prime Minister Tatyana Golikova.

The deputy PM said that she would report back when the government is ready to fulfil that task, but the ever laconic Putin responded by saying that he didn’t want a report, but an actual start of the vaccination.

bb1234567 wrote: »
    So back to your original argument about Rep Ireland's low total death rate this year. You're simultaneously trying to claim that excess deaths on the continent are partly from cancer, diabetes related to lockdown deferring treatment etc while also claiming Ireland's very low total excess deaths is evidence of low COVID mortality.
    So these non covid deaths excess you are talking about on the continent due to lockdown, why aren't we seeing them here then too, in the country with the longest lockdown in Europe ?

Seems like a very inconsistent argument

You've made so many assumptions here.

excess deaths on the continent are partly from cancer, diabetes related to lockdown deferring treatment etc I never said that or anything like it.

Nor this also claiming Ireland's very low total excess deaths is evidence of low COVID mortality

What I did say: The death figures recorded due to covid are overstated by at least a third.

bb1234567 wrote: »
    It's kind of funny you've used UK as an example of low excess when you see that red line it is now hovering above? Indicates a substantial increase in excess mortality and above normal deviation

Anyway NISRA (Northern Ireland Statistics & Research Agency) itself has released recent statistics saying excess deaths are considerably above normal in Northern Ireland, 30% above average in the beginning of November. This is not represented on Euromomo.
    So I have noidea why Euromomo is saying excess deaths are below normal in NI.

https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-northern-ireland-54930521
    Anyone any idea?

What time frame is the article referring to? euromomo data is often delayed by maybe up to a month, more in the south I believe, the yellow shaded area is indicative.

• Registered Users Posts: 982 ✭✭✭Rrrrrr2

Paddygreen wrote: »
    I fear the reaper has only been warming up so far guys. Swinging the scythe slowly. Terrifying to think that the third wave might cause mass carnage, open pits and bags of lime, body bags, brain eating zombies, the works, The dark Harvest is upon us my friends.. I think it’s time now that the government set up an “ark” so we can ‘save’ the cream of the crop...Ryan Tubridy, Uncle Joe, Twink, Dermot Bannon, Jedward , the Leprechaun in the Phoenix Park, Marty Morrissy etc. We could anchor it somewhere of the coast of Donegal, a couple of hundred miles or so. Hard decisions have to be made if civilization is to survive guys.

Tubs survived the “first wave” and has been milking it 24/7 ever since - like a strong weed

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,741 ✭✭✭Dr. Bre

Paddygreen wrote: »

Simple - stay at home and we will be grand

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,535 ✭✭✭✭Boggles

Lol you are in no position to claim that over quarter of a million more died.

Are the CDC?
    Overall, an estimated 299,028 excess deaths occurred from late January through October 3, 2020

Are the CDC?

Estimated.

Not much so according to Genevieve Briand, assistant program director of the Applied Economics master’s degree program at Hopkins.
    https://web.archive.org/web/20201126223119/https://www.jhunewsletter.com/article/2020/11/a-closer-look-at-u-s-deaths-due-to-covid-19

The Wuhan coronavirus (COVID-19) is not even close to being the threat that Anthony Fauci and others in government continue to claim it is. And Johns Hopkins University agrees – or at least it did agree before the school deleted a study it published showing that the novel virus has had “relatively no effect on deaths in the United States.”

Thanks to the Wayback Machine, we were able to pull up the now-deleted original paper, which delineates that so-called “infection” with COVID-19 is really no big deal.

When it comes to the death rate this year, there has been almost no change compared to previous years, despite the presence of COVID-19. Things are essentially the same as they have always been, the exception being all the panic, mask-wearing, and eager anticipation among some of a soon-coming vaccine.

“The reason we have a higher number of reported COVID-19 deaths among older individuals than younger individuals is simply because every day in the U.S. older individuals die in higher numbers than younger individuals,” stated Genevieve Briand, assistant program director of the Applied Economics master’s degree program at Hopkins.

After compiling and analyzing the death rate among all age groups both before and after the pandemic was declared in the United States on March 13, Briand found that the death rate among older people, who are said to be most susceptible, remained the same.

So while it is said that COVID-19 mainly affects the elderly, significantly increasing their risk of death supposedly, data from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) disagrees.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,924 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

Oh y a Tony loves this he is getting his kicks and sweet release from this!!!! Jesus I wonder about people sometimes when I hear this crap

Well let's see..

- The guy has an anti-alcohol stance and has managed to use this 'crisis' to push his agenda by keeping "wet" :rolleyes: pubs closed, and forcing others to operate as continental-style food bars to be able to trade

- He's on the news every day pushing his narrative and trying to pressure the Government to comply with his recommendations by grandstanding in the media

- Any blow-back from the Cervical Check scandal has been greatly dampened by the hysteria around CV-19 and his being positioned as the Top Man medically

So yea, I'd say he's not dissatisfied with the current situation personally.

Estimated.

Not much so according to Genevieve Briand, assistant program director of the Applied Economics master’s degree program at Hopkins.
    https://web.archive.org/web/20201126223119/https://www.jhunewsletter.com/article/2020/11/a-closer-look-at-u-s-deaths-due-to-covid-19

The Wuhan coronavirus (COVID-19) is not even close to being the threat that Anthony Fauci and others in government continue to claim it is. And Johns Hopkins University agrees – or at least it did agree before the school deleted a study it published showing that the novel virus has had “relatively no effect on deaths in the United States.”

Thanks to the Wayback Machine, we were able to pull up the now-deleted original paper, which delineates that so-called “infection” with COVID-19 is really no big deal.

When it comes to the death rate this year, there has been almost no change compared to previous years, despite the presence of COVID-19. Things are essentially the same as they have always been, the exception being all the panic, mask-wearing, and eager anticipation among some of a soon-coming vaccine.

“The reason we have a higher number of reported COVID-19 deaths among older individuals than younger individuals is simply because every day in the U.S. older individuals die in higher numbers than younger individuals,” stated Genevieve Briand, assistant program director of the Applied Economics master’s degree program at Hopkins.

After compiling and analyzing the death rate among all age groups both before and after the pandemic was declared in the United States on March 13, Briand found that the death rate among older people, who are said to be most susceptible, remained the same.

So while it is said that COVID-19 mainly affects the elderly, significantly increasing their risk of death supposedly, data from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) disagrees.

It's an 'estimate' of excess deaths because it is unknown how many people would have died this year under normal circumstances, and there are upper and lower bound deviations of the average excess deaths expected based on comparisons to the last 5 years. Not because they don't know how many died or the figure of deaths is just an estimate.
    https://data.cdc.gov/NCHS/Weekly-Counts-of-Deaths-by-State-and-Select-Causes/3yf8-kanr/data
    https://twitter.com/numbers_truth/status/1334238080732069888
    https://twitter.com/numbers_truth/status/1329839342425051146

• Advertisement

sky news the other day ran the following.

Total dead thus far in the UK from Covid-19 is "58,245".

below in small print it read, figures based on
    "Deaths for ANY reason within 28 days of a positive Covid test"

So you're a health worker who tests positive for Covid 19 on Nov-1st but you're asymptomatic and are sent home for 2 weeks. Having returned to work on say Nov 15th, you're back in the habit. Later that week whilst on your way home from work, you're mowed down in an apparent ISIS attack on western democracy, values and morals related to same..

You're death is registered as having died of a covid related illness. you're death is added to the nightly figure which is now increased by ONE and used to sell an idea and god knows what else!! surprise, this in not unique..This is what happens here too 100%, it's how our stats work also.

Died from H-Pylori would be just as relevant on this basis!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement