Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Relaxation of Restrictions, Part VII *Read OP For Mod Warnings*

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 547 ✭✭✭BeefeaterHat

Boggles wrote: »
    I don't know what he is TBH, confusing I suppose.

But he's not telling anyone how to feel hes just giving his opinion through a song. He's a singer songwriter.

Paddygreen wrote: »
    Sneak peek at one of the outfits in my spring 2021 wardrobe guys...

3265c066e1479c3c764e3658e34ce857.jpg

You'll cut a striking figure paddy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,535 ✭✭✭✭Boggles

growleaves wrote: »
    ???

Are you saying he should open up his private residence to strangers because he preaches that society should be opened up and forced shutdowns brought to an end?

I disagree.
    But he's not telling anyone how to feel hes just giving his opinion through a song. He's a singer songwriter.

You'll have to take that up with the lad that posted the video, he claims he is preaching.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,444 ✭✭✭dalyboy

Very irresponsible that you have your eyes completely unprotected.

Think of the trillions of killer droplets and driplets

You'll have to take that up with the lad that posted the video, he claims he is preaching.

Alright I'll leave you to your vendetta against Van Morrison and Tory MPs as well. Anyone else who has to go on your ****list?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,644 ✭✭✭Penfailed

Caraibh wrote: »
    Also, not a single country in the world has introduced masks and got rid of them completely. Not one.

Why would they want to get rid of them yet? What country has introduced masks that now shouldn't be?

Gigs '24 - Ben Ottewell and Ian Ball (Gomez), The Jesus & Mary Chain, The Smashing Pumpkins/Weezer, Pearl Jam, Green Day, Stendhal Festival, Forest Fest, Electric Picnic, Pixies, Ride, Therapy?, Public Service Broadcasting, IDLES(x2), And So I Watch You From Afar

Alright I'll leave you to your vendetta against Van Morrison and Tory MPs as well. Anyone else who has to go on your ****list?

Great.

Have a good one.

growleaves wrote: »

Van Morrison...reinforcing my opinion of him...not that he cares, I'm sure.

Gigs '24 - Ben Ottewell and Ian Ball (Gomez), The Jesus & Mary Chain, The Smashing Pumpkins/Weezer, Pearl Jam, Green Day, Stendhal Festival, Forest Fest, Electric Picnic, Pixies, Ride, Therapy?, Public Service Broadcasting, IDLES(x2), And So I Watch You From Afar

Penfailed wrote: »
    Why would they want to get rid of them yet? What country has introduced masks that now shouldn't be?

I think he means that masks could become a permanent fixture post covid. Which should definitely be avoided

• Registered Users Posts: 2,251 ✭✭✭speckle

Is that day glo in the dark material... might it be so dazzling bright people will avoid you like a plague.

Where did you get the image looks like something you would see at a summer music 70s maxi dress/80s retro festival. Will definetly cut the dash.

• Advertisement

I think he means that masks could become a permanent fixture post covid. Which should definitely be avoided

Of course. Totally agree. He said that not one country that introduced them has got rid of them though. Not one. I'm just wondering where in the world these countries are?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 140 ✭✭Caraibh

Thailand, Taiwan, South Korea, Vietnam, New Zealand, most countries in Africa. The fact that they haven't suggest they're here to stay.

Thailand, Taiwan, South Korea, Vietnam, New Zealand, most countries in Africa. The fact that they haven't suggest they're here to stay.

People were wearing masks in most of those countries due to air pollution. They weren't enforced by governments. It was free choice.

People were wearing masks in most of those countries due to air pollution. They weren't enforced by governments. It was free choice.

Yes, but now they have no choice. I went to Thailand a couple of years ago and didn't see a single person wearing a mask.

Do you agree with me that there is no justification for continued mandatory masks in the countries I mentioned?

Very low instances of Covid, very high mask usage.

I Wonder is there a connection? :confused:

That's not the point. It's a nothing burger in all of those countries and people are still forced to wear masks. New Zealand isn't as extreme re masks as the other countries, of course.

I could flip it and sat very high masks usage in the Philippines, Peru, France, Spain and Italy and very high instance of COVID, but it's not relevant to the point I'm making.

Yes, but now they have no choice. I went to Thailand a couple of years ago and didn't see a single person wearing a mask.

Do you agree with me that there is no justification for continued mandatory masks in the countries I mentioned?

Are those countries free of the virus? If not, then no. In saying that l'm not sold on the idea that masks do what they're supposed to do as far as virus transmission is concerned. If they help in any small way, then they should be worn. It shouldn't be a permanent thing. They shouldn't be mandatory when other restrictions are stopped.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,395 ✭✭✭GazzaL

I'm probably more likely to get sick wearing a mask at the moment because of the condensation inside it. It soaks through the mask.

That's not the point.

It's the exact point.

If universally mask wearing has been an effective tool in the low instances of virus in the community in most of those countries, it would be moronic in the extreme to stop wearing them.

Wouldn't you agree?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,878 ✭✭✭bush

Very high mask usage in France, very high instansnces of covid. I wonder is there a connection? :confused:

• Advertisement

It's the exact point.

If universally mask wearing has been an effective tool in the low instances of virus in the community in most of those countries, it would be moronic in the extreme to stop wearing them.

Wouldn't you agree?

But then when are they ever got rid of? If they're still mandatory when the virus is gone, as is the case in Taiwan, for example, then when will they ever be got rid of?

bush wrote: »
    Very high mask usage in France, very high instansnces of covid. I wonder is there a connection? :confused:

Really?

When did France make them compulsory?
    Wearing masks in public has long been common practice in Vietnam with the aim to protect oneself from ultraviolet light and pollution. The practice has been compulsory on public transport since 21 February and in public spaces including supermarkets, airports and stations since 16 March.

bush wrote: »

Exactly. As well as Peru, Italy, Spain, the US and the Philippines. But that'll no doubt be explained by "cultural differences". It couldn't possibly be because masks are useless.

But then when are they ever got rid of? If they're still mandatory when the virus is gone, as is the case in Taiwan, for example, then when will they ever be got rid of?

Why would they be mandatory "when the virus is gone" ? :confused:

Really?

When did France make them compulsory?

They're compulsory everywhere in Paris and in other parts of the country.

They're compulsory everywhere in Paris and in other parts of the country.

Since when?

Why would they be mandatory "when the virus is gone" ? :confused:

The virus is gone from Taiwan and they're still mandatory.

The virus is gone from Taiwan and they're still mandatory.

Do you think that could be one of the reasons it's gone?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,878 ✭✭✭bush

• Advertisement

Do you think that could be one of the reasons it's gone?

No, I think they made no difference. If they were any use then Spain, France, Italy, the US, and the Philippines wouldn't have huge death and case numbers.

I think I read that Taiwan has gone 200 odd days without a case. And masks are still mandatory. So when do you think they won't be?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement