Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Relaxation of Restrictions, Part VII *Read OP For Mod Warnings*

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,242 ✭✭✭brisan

Caraibh wrote: »
    I don't think so either. 2020 has seen the rise of the expert.

Unfortunately Tony is not an expert in any of the fields relevant to this pandemic
    Worrymeters and anti alcohol agendas are his field of expertise
    He does however seem to enjoy the limelight

arctictree wrote: »
    What worries me is what if we only manage to get 60% or so vaccinated? Will these daily case counts and cyclic lockdowns just continue indefinitely?

Shtop. I just turned the TV on and George Lee is talking. Its awful but I can't drag my ears away. He is saying how it will take each person x amount of time to be fully vaccinated. The situation is very fragile. Etc.

We need to hope that the Government decides to greatly ease restrictions when people start to get vaccinated. Level 1 would be fantastic.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,015 ✭✭✭Ray Donovan

Shtop. I just turned the TV on and George Lee is talking. Its awful but I can't drag my ears away. He is saying how it will take each person x amount of time to be fully vaccinated. The situation is very fragile. Etc.

We need to hope that the Government decides to greatly ease restrictions when people start to get vaccinated. Level 1 would be fantastic.

Why Level 1?? If we still have levels after people are vaccinated we will have them forever. Levels should be abolished when a large percentage of the population are vaccinated. Definitely by Christmas 2021. Level 1 = 100 max at a wedding, limits at matches e.g maybe 5,000 in Croke Park, pubs open but with the exact same restrictions e.g no bar, table service, cant leave your seat. Thats not living.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,373 ✭✭✭Mr. Karate

arctictree wrote: »
    What worries me is what if we only manage to get 60% or so vaccinated? Will these daily case counts and cyclic lockdowns just continue indefinitely?

I have full faith that they'll try to find some excuse to keep the lockdowns going.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,047 ✭✭✭Clonmel1000

I’m ready to be vaccinated right away have passport will travel. George Lee is a fuxkin pariah him and his RTE lackies are an insult to good journalism that in fairness RTE used to have at one stage. Nowadays they are a crowd of nodding donkeys in tune with the permanently outraged on social media. Masks social distancing levels this and that will hopefully be gone forever by the summer and frankly anyone who wants them to remain is deranged. I’ve said it before but i always suspected that this country was full of weirdos but this pandemic has put that beyond all doubt. I never ever want to stay safe don the green jersey or hold firm again!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 935 ✭✭✭darconio

Boggles wrote: »
    Well yes, restrictions decrease the level of virus in the community opening up again increases that level.

This isn't new or hard to understand TBF.

What exactly is confusing you?

Not sure what is confusing you tbf
    According to your statement the effect of restrictions/relaxation are visible only after 7/10 days, how come the positive were decreasing on the first days of lockdown? Should they not start decreasing after 7/10 days?
    Either the lockdown was not necessary or the numbers are dodgy and thrown at us only to justify the measures, or ,yes, both of them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,946 ✭✭✭✭Zebra3

brisan wrote: »
    I don't think Tony will exit stage left too quickly or too quietly
    He is enjoying the spotlight and the perceived sense of power too much
    Didn't he come back from his break early to announce lockdown
    Luke O Neill and Sam McConkey certainly will not go quietly

He'll try to keep going until the book comes out.

There's always a book....

Why Level 1?? If we still have levels after people are vaccinated we will have them forever. Levels should be abolished when a large percentage of the population are vaccinated. Definitely by Christmas 2021. Level 1 = 100 max at a wedding, limits at matches e.g maybe 5,000 in Croke Park, pubs open but with the exact same restrictions e.g no bar, table service, cant leave your seat. Thats not living.

I would love that. I agree they should be abolished. My fear gets in the way of seeing that happen though so I tell myself that Level 1 would be ok.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 746 ✭✭✭aziz

. George Lee is a fuxkin pariah him and his RTE lackies are an insult to good journalism that in fairness RTE used to have at one stage. Nowadays they are a crowd of nodding donkeys in tune with the permanently outraged

Don’t forget the hatchet job they done on the Dublin food pubs when they reopened

• Registered Users Posts: 1,373 ✭✭✭Mr. Karate

Zebra3 wrote: »
    He'll try to keep going until the book comes out.

There's always a book....

Cuomo killed thousand of NY'ers by putting the infected in nursing homes and he has a book coming out. I have full faith Holohan will have one as well.

And I can see RTE getting the rights to make a movie out of it. They've already Holohan our Lord and Savior so they might as well make it official.

• Advertisement

Mr. Karate wrote: »
    Cuomo killed thousand of NY'ers by putting the infected in nursing homes and he has a book coming out. I have full faith Holohan will have one as well.

And I can see RTE getting the rights to make a movie out of it. They've already Holohan our Lord and Savior so they might as well make it official.

And the bullsh*t goes on and on and on

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,242 ✭✭✭brisan

And the bullsh*t goes on and on and on

I assume that's Tony and his press conferences you are referring to

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 712 ✭✭✭Mean Laqueefa

the state of this thread of late, go outside people and live !

On my mental health it feels good to get out and play some more golf with the flags out (not that i stopped). Have a restaurant booked for Saturday, some Christmas shopping tomorrow and a nice Sunday dinner .

I will be seeing friends, enjoying the weekend.

Just have to remember to not watch RTE read the papers or look in this thread and just enjoy life.....its far too short

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,741 ✭✭✭Dr. Bre

the state of this thread of late, go outside people and live !

On my mental health it feels good to get out and play some more golf with the flags out (not that i stopped). Have a restaurant booked for Saturday, some Christmas shopping tomorrow and a nice Sunday dinner .

I will be seeing friends, enjoying the weekend.

Just have to remember to not watch RTE read the papers or look in this thread and just enjoy life.....its far too short

Stay at home

• Closed Accounts Posts: 206 ✭✭BryanMartin21

Back from Dundrum Town Centre an hour. Got a takeaway though would have liked to have sat in.

The place was packed, everyone milling around inside and you wouldn't know there was a pandemic but for the masks (what else is new?). Great to be part of the pre-Christmas buzz and getting a few decorations for the house. I'd highly recommend a visit for those looking for some normality!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,644 ✭✭✭Penfailed

Mr. Karate wrote: »
    I have full faith that they'll try to find some excuse to keep the lockdowns going.

To what end?

Gigs '24 - Ben Ottewell and Ian Ball (Gomez), The Jesus & Mary Chain, The Smashing Pumpkins/Weezer, Pearl Jam, Green Day, Stendhal Festival, Forest Fest, Electric Picnic, Pixies, Ride, Therapy?, Public Service Broadcasting, IDLES(x2), And So I Watch You From Afar

Penfailed wrote: »
    To what end?

New laws on alcohol consumption? Permanent extra funding from the government? Practice for a more harmful virus?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,927 ✭✭✭Dickie10

wouldnt be surprised if restauarunts and hotels were pulled next week and we go level 4 listening to S Donnelly he says the next 10 days are vital

Rte.ie/news/coronavirus/2020/1203/1182146-irish-covid-19/

No hugging you plebs!

It poses an "extreme risk" according to that buffoon Paul Reid.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 547 ✭✭✭BeefeaterHat

Dickie10 wrote: »
    wouldnt be surprised if restauarunts and hotels were pulled next week and we go level 4 listening to S Donnelly he says the next 10 days are vital

I doubt it, the vintners and restaurant representatives would go thermonuclear if they had the rug pulled from under them like that. Someone should suggest to Donnelly that maybe cases wouldn't be such an issue if the government, NPHET and HSE could stop the constant outbreaks in hospitals and care homes before instantly blaming the pubs. But of course I forgot they don't like the old pubs at NPHET.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,070 ✭✭✭boggerman1

Rte.ie/news/coronavirus/2020/1203/1182146-irish-covid-19/

No hugging you plebs!

It poses an "extreme risk" according to that buffoon Paul Reid.
    Did Reid manage to locate them missing flu jabs yet.what was it 600,000 unaccounted for

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 547 ✭✭✭BeefeaterHat

boggerman1 wrote: »
    Did Reid manage to locate them missing flu jabs yet.what was it 600,000 unaccounted for

Now, now you can't ask the well paid alleged experts to do their job. They just ponce out in front of the cameras every evening and spray their manure for George Lee and co. to lap up.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,561 ✭✭✭Micky 32

I read that Tony Holohan has said "social distancing measures" will still be in place when we are vaccinated. No doubt he said it before but it worries me.

Tony can say what he likes. Once i’m vaccinated i won’t be social distancing especially with other people that are vaccinated. It’s over. Oh and i’ll be back flying in the second part of 2021 when i’m vaccinated.

brisan wrote: »
    I assume that's Tony and his press conferences you are referring to

This bull****

Does anyone with half a brain cell think this is funny, clever or in anyway adds anything to debate? Its just facetious nonsense based in the fevered imaginings of some who cannot seem to think in anything other than base insults

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,535 ✭✭✭✭Boggles

darconio wrote: »
    Not sure what is confusing you tbf
    According to your statement

I didn't make a statement, you mean my post? :confused:
    darconio wrote: »
    the effect of restrictions/relaxation are visible only after 7/10 days, how come the positive were decreasing on the first days of lockdown? Should they not start decreasing after 7/10 days?
    Either the lockdown was not necessary or the numbers are dodgy and thrown at us only to justify the measures, or ,yes, both of them.

Your lack of nuance by insisting on calling everything "lockdowns" is clouding your ability for rational thought.

We have a series of different levels of restrictions which were brought into effect before we went to the level 5 hybrid.

The Hope is as long as there wasn't any major anticipatory behavior in the days leading up to the lifting of restriction then we should still see the effects for a period.

But lets be honest you are not really that interested in a logically fact based debate on the matter are you?

• Registered Users Posts: 982 ✭✭✭Rrrrrr2

• Registered Users Posts: 626 ✭✭✭mikekerry

Rrrrrr2 wrote: »
    Hopefully they won't shut them down again in january.
    Give them some chance to survive.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,855 ✭✭✭✭average_runner

mikekerry wrote: »
    Hopefully they won't shut them down again in january.
    Give them some chance to survive.

Well that will depend on how we behave

• Closed Accounts Posts: 140 ✭✭Caraibh

Well that will depend on how we behave

You mean if we're obedient and follow the rules William won't lock down the country again?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,855 ✭✭✭✭average_runner

Caraibh wrote: »
    You mean if we're obedient and follow the rules William won't lock down the country again?

I mean if we do the easy things right we be ok. Otherwise we give the overlord the excuse again.

If you are waiting on test results, don't go out to a party, the simple things.

For example we want grandparents over for xmas, so we will keep our social circle small from the 14th, so I know the risk is lower then.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement