Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Relaxation of Restrictions, Part VII *Read OP For Mod Warnings*

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 716 ✭✭✭Paddygreen

arctictree wrote: »
    I just hope that once the vaccine rollout happens we'll stop these daily NPHET briefings and open up completely.....

Measures may have to be kept in place even with a vaccine according to Bojo and Hancock, and we more or less copy everything they do, so sorry to disappoint you. The rapturous salvation that the vaccine will bring to the huddled masses will be immense but the next few years after the vaccine will be super crucial so I think we will have to keep our wonderful masks, obsessive hand washing, no hug zones and all the rest going forward.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,535 ✭✭✭✭Boggles

Paddygreen wrote: »
    Measures may have to be kept in place even with a vaccine according to Bojo and Hancock, and we more or less copy everything they do, so sorry to disappoint you. The rapturous salvation that the vaccine will bring to the huddled masses will be immense but the next few years after the vaccine will be super crucial so I think we will have to keep our wonderful masks, obsessive hand washing, no hug zones and all the rest going forward.

Nope, we don't.

Thread title should be changed to include the word 'England'.

• Registered Users Posts: 982 ✭✭✭Rrrrrr2

Well that will depend on how we behave

Think most people are done listening to this tripe- like being back in primary school if “you didn’t behave”. Spare me

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,855 ✭✭✭✭average_runner

Rrrrrr2 wrote: »
    Think most people are done listening to this tripe- like being back in primary school if “you didn’t behave”. Spare me

The tripe of doing the simple things right are things we need to do, not for Holohan but ourselves. We can still have drinks with friends, go to restaurants etc, just don't go to an event if waiting on a test result.

• Registered Users Posts: 991 ✭✭✭Stormyteacup

The tripe of doing the simple things right are things we need to do, not for Holohan but ourselves. We can still have drinks with friends, go to restaurants etc, just don't go to an event if waiting on a test result.

It is tripe though. Made clear that drinks with friends and restaurants will result in rise in cases. Simple as that. No parties necessary.

• Advertisement

People voting with their feet today.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,517 ✭✭✭RobitTV

This is just such fantastic and positive news - 'Restaurants and bars struggle with avalanche of bookings as €50m expected to be spent this weekend'

It's clear people are voting with their feet and they have decided to spend, spend, spend. Good for them, and I hope people continue to support these struggling businesses.

No negativity is going to ruin this news.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,242 ✭✭✭brisan

People voting with their feet today.

Bit late for that ,everywhere is booked up
    WE have 5-12-19-24th booked since last week
    Local will do for some random off the cuff pints

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,842 ✭✭✭Don't Chute!

I see Checkpoint Charlie is back on the N11 at Bray this morning. It was great going home in the evenings the last 3 nights but of course they’re back to disrupt people going about their business again.

It’s hilarious that some people were on here saying that pubs/restaurants/retail would be really quiet if they were open due to the virus...

• Advertisement

It’s hilarious that some people were on here saying that pubs/restaurants/retail would be really quiet if they were open due to the virus...

Yeah I mean the country is deserted right now :pac: €50m worth of bookings just this weekend for the pubs and restaurants. I thought we were told almost nobody was going to head back to the pubs, shops when they reopened :confused:

Very strange isn't it, I can't quite put my finger on this one.

Why are people risking their lives?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,644 ✭✭✭Penfailed

It's possible that they would have been. The fact that they've been closed has meant there's been a pent-up urge to get back to them, meaning that now, they're booked solid.

Gigs '24 - Ben Ottewell and Ian Ball (Gomez), The Jesus & Mary Chain, The Smashing Pumpkins/Weezer, Pearl Jam, Green Day, Stendhal Festival, Forest Fest, Electric Picnic, Pixies, Ride, Therapy?, Public Service Broadcasting, IDLES(x2), And So I Watch You From Afar

• Registered Users Posts: 219 ✭✭emy

As far as I see is not allowed to leave the county....I need to go to Galway :(

emy wrote: »
    As far as I see is not allowed to leave the county....I need to go to Galway :(

You are allowed to leave, nobody is going to stop you under Level 3 restrictions. The Gardai can only recommend that you don't leave the county in which you reside in. There is no legal basis under Level 3 restrictions.

Even during Level 5, people were travelling on public transport to Dublin and around the country in general.

Don't worry, go ahead and travel :)

RobitTV wrote: »
    Yeah I mean the country is deserted right now :pac: €50m worth of bookings just this weekend for the pubs and restaurants. I thought we were told almost nobody was going to head back to the pubs, shops when they reopened :confused:

Very strange isn't it, I can't quite put my finger on this one.

Why are people risking their lives?

What is the point of having a life if you are not allowed live it
    I will be in my local at 3.15 straight after work

• Closed Accounts Posts: 140 ✭✭Caraibh

https://mobile.twitter.com/simondolan?prefetchtimestamp=1607087658589

What's the point in taking the miracle vaccine if nothing changes? William has said that the vaccine will complement current measures.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,855 ✭✭✭✭average_runner

RobitTV wrote: »
    You are allowed to leave, nobody is going to stop you under Level 3 restrictions. The Gardai can only recommend that you don't leave the county in which you reside in. There is no legal basis under Level 3 restrictions.

Even during Level 5, people were travelling on public transport to Dublin and around the country in general.

Don't worry, go ahead and travel :)

Didnt stop you in level 5 either. Well on the N11 they didnt

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,075 ✭✭✭questionmark?

brisan wrote: »
    What is the point of having a life if you are not allowed live it
    I will be in my local at 3.15 straight after work

I need a job where you clock off that early!! Enjoy the pints.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,311 ✭✭✭✭weldoninhio

Boggles wrote: »
    That was won 2 days ago.

Ronan Glynn is a physio though.

Asking a private citizen to open the gates of their home to strangers is ridiculous. :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,373 ✭✭✭Mr. Karate

Caraibh wrote: »

What's the point in taking the miracle vaccine if nothing changes? William has said that the vaccine will complement current measures.

This is why I haven't committed to getting it yet. When they commit to permanently re-opening the Country then I'll commit to getting the vaccine.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 140 ✭✭Caraibh

Mr. Karate wrote: »
    This is why I haven't committed to getting it yet. When they commit to permanently re-opening the Country then I'll commit to getting the vaccine.

Same here. I want a guarantee from William that his muzzles and distancing rubbish will be a thing of the past.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,561 ✭✭✭Micky 32

The vaccine will change everything. It’s the begining of the end.

I need a job where you clock off that early!! Enjoy the pints.

7 30 am start ,however its 6am on a Monday morning
    Evening shift next week 2-30 till 1015

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 52,098 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

Mod:

Threadbanned for spamming this same post across three different threads

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,941 ✭✭✭growleaves

Micky 32 wrote: »
    The vaccine will change everything. It’s the begining of the end.

So they said. Until the vaccine became a reality.

growleaves wrote: »

Covid-19. So deadly the activists were able to continue pushing their agendas. :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,812 ✭✭✭Captain_Crash

Just back from an afternoon in town. The sentiment from some posters is right, people are voting with their feet! The place was packed. Got some shopping done and had a lunchtime pint (no food*) in one of my fav pubs! First time I’ve been in it since this started.

I won’t name the pub because I don’t know if you still have to buy food or if the pub just has to have a working kitchen, I just asked can I just have a pint and the girl at the bar was more than happy to pour it! Maybe it’s a say nothing see nothing deal?!? Either way, it was a glass of creamy goodness!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,282 ✭✭✭CruelSummer

Back in the pool last night, most people over 65/70 that wanted to chat making the point that they should never have been closed in the first place. Great to hear it & glad people are not accepting everything without question, especially when it affects to our health & wellbeing.

• Advertisement

I see Checkpoint Charlie is back on the N11 at Bray this morning. It was great going home in the evenings the last 3 nights but of course they’re back to disrupt people going about their business again.

Yes they stopped me yesterday at bluebell and said "what brings you out today sir" I swear I thought he was carrying out a survey.."we asked a hundred motorists what brings them to the city post lockdown...our survey said????"

Eh non essential shops are open as are cafe's etc, why do you think that might be garda?? so people like me can support them and at the same time find some semblance of normality which is neither tolerated nor spoken of in Montrose or Govt buildings.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement