Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Relaxation of Restrictions, Part VII *Read OP For Mod Warnings*

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 982 ✭✭✭Rrrrrr2

Micky 32 wrote: »
    The vaccine will change everything. It’s the begining of the end.

I’d love to agree- but Holohan, McConkey, Staines etc and all the rest of the Covid junta have made it clear they’re not relinquishing control anytime soon- sadly we’ve no government that’s going to put them back in their place either. Reckon it’ll be public indifference and exhaustion of patience that will end it now

Just back from an afternoon in town. The sentiment from some posters is right, people are voting with their feet! The place was packed. Got some shopping done and had a lunchtime pint (no food*) in one of my fav pubs! First time I’ve been in it since this started.

I won’t name the pub because I don’t know if you still have to buy food or if the pub just has to have a working kitchen, I just asked can I just have a pint and the girl at the bar was more than happy to pour it! Maybe it’s a say nothing see nothing deal?!? Either way, it was a glass of creamy goodness!

Kilkenny was the same today despite the horrible weather. Took me 20 mins to get out of one of the multi storeys and away from the traffic. Pity the day turned out so horrible- was nice to actually sit down and eat in comfort again

Back in the pool last night, most people over 65/70 that wanted to chat making the point that they should never have been closed in the first place. Great to hear it & glad people are not accepting everything without question, especially when it affects to our health & wellbeing.

Yes there was a lot of anger and dismay surrounding the last lockdown- it’s been a complete failure and damaging to Nphet credibility amongst their previously most loyal subjects

RobitTV wrote: »
    This is just such fantastic and positive news - 'Restaurants and bars struggle with avalanche of bookings as €50m expected to be spent this weekend'

It's clear people are voting with their feet and they have decided to spend, spend, spend. Good for them, and I hope people continue to support these struggling businesses.

No negativity is going to ruin this news.

Had a rye smile to myself reading this- absolutely confirms what I already knew- the populace are finished with lockdown and are dying....to live again!

MadYaker wrote: »
    Primary school is where most of the people posting in this thread belong.

Oh dear- someone’s losing their minds. Chill out and watch catch up on some RTE corona misery to cheer you up

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,950 ✭✭✭ChikiChiki

Traffic is bat**** insane on routes in and out of town today. I'm about to go in shopping for the evening.

• Registered Users Posts: 935 ✭✭✭darconio

Boggles wrote: »
    I didn't make a statement, you mean my post? :confused:

Your lack of nuance by insisting on calling everything "lockdowns" is clouding your ability for rational thought.

We have a series of different levels of restrictions which were brought into effect before we went to the level 5 hybrid.

The Hope is as long as there wasn't any major anticipatory behavior in the days leading up to the lifting of restriction then we should still see the effects for a period.

But lets be honest you are not really that interested in a logically fact based debate on the matter are you?

FFS coming from you, I made a logic reasoning and all you can come back is a series of interpretation to accommodate your illusion.
    Fact : on the first days of Level 5 the positive started decreasing. Can you give me an explanation?
    Another Fact: on the first days of Level 3 the positive are just a bunch of people and keep decreasing. Can you give me an explanation?
    Actually don't bother, I am not interested, you can live in your own dreamworld, I will go out and make the most of it, until people like you will force another lockdown on us using the "protect the vulnerable" excuse.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,535 ✭✭✭✭Boggles

darconio wrote: »
    FFS coming from you, I made a logic reasoning and all you can come back is a series of interpretation to accommodate your illusion.
    Fact : on the first days of Level 5 the positive started decreasing. Can you give me an explanation?
    Another Fact: on the first days of Level 3 the positive are just a bunch of people and keep decreasing. Can you give me an explanation?
    Actually don't bother, I am not interested, you can live in your own dreamworld, I will go out and make the most of it, until people like you will force another lockdown on us using the "protect the vulnerable" excuse.

I all ready have, twice.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,530 ✭✭✭crossman47

Rrrrrr2 wrote: »
    Had a rye smile to myself reading this- absolutely confirms what I already knew- the populace are finished with lockdown and are dying....to live again!

Well the way things look to day, more than necessary will actually die over the next few months. Crazy behaviour with everyone rushing out to crowded areas. I know I'll be immediately labelled as a kill joy but I'm going to continue behaving responsibly, limiting social interactions and protecting myself and others. You can slag off NPHET all you want but their sole interest is protecting our health. Fat lot of thanks they'll get for it - you can be sure the government will dump blame on them when it goes wrong again.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,663 ✭✭✭jackboy

crossman47 wrote: »
    Well the way things look to day, more than necessary will actually die over the next few months. Crazy behaviour with everyone rushing out to crowded areas. I know I'll be immediately labelled as a kill joy but I'm going to continue behaving responsibly, limiting social interactions and protecting myself and others. You can slag off NPHET all you want but their sole interest is protecting our health. Fat lot of thanks they'll get for it - you can be sure the government will dump blame on them when it goes wrong again.

But we know now we can handle 1000 cases a day no bother. Just have another lockdown and the hospitals will be fine. Some will say people won’t accept another lockdown but the fear will kick in again quickly once the numbers increase.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,310 ✭✭✭bloopy

Oh dear- someone’s losing their minds. Chill out and watch catch up on some RTE corona misery to cheer you up

"Next up Reasons To Be Fearful with George Lee"!

I suggest you get a new hero, he's got great form in doing the opposite of what is right. Just because it says Doctor on his coat, doesn't guarantee empathy or the ability to admit what's really going on. Harold shipman was a doctor and I'm sure his patients thought the same too, ah he cares.. he runs the show like a business mode akin to banking, he's like Richie Boucher with a medical degree.. he also kept this from the then ministers for health.

This was only the first google link I got but it's enough.

https://extra.ie/2018/05/16/news/irish-news/tony-holohan-knew-of-cervical-check-memo

RobitTV wrote: »
    This is just such fantastic and positive news - 'Restaurants and bars struggle with avalanche of bookings as €50m expected to be spent this weekend'

It's clear people are voting with their feet and they have decided to spend, spend, spend. Good for them, and I hope people continue to support these struggling businesses.

No negativity is going to ruin this news.

You've had the obligatory passive aggressive sneer from one or two smug t-pots who revel in having no social life. Something about belonging in primary schools. They're disgusted that the rest of us are being proactive, doing our bit to support the hospitality sector and having the craic doing so. Lining up to be the best weekend in yonks, chin chin folks and the naysayers can get shafted. Live and let live, it certainly isn't a rehearsal.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,288 ✭✭✭VonLuck

You've had the obligatory passive aggressive sneer from one or two smug t-pots who revel in having no social life. Something about belonging in primary schools. They're disgusted that the rest of us are being proactive, doing our bit to support the hospitality sector and having the craic doing so. Lining up to be the best weekend in yonks, chin chin folks and the naysayers can get shafted. Live and let live, it certainly isn't a rehearsal.

I don't think any reasonable would sneer at people supporting their local shop or restaurant. I just hope that people are sensible by sticking to the rules and don't ruin it for the rest of us.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,535 ✭✭✭✭Boggles

WTF are you talking about lad, what nay sayers? :confused:

Go out and enjoy your meal hopefully its "proactive" enough for you.

Have a good one.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,802 ✭✭✭✭suicide_circus

ChikiChiki wrote: »
    Traffic is bat**** insane on routes in and out of town today. I'm about to go in shopping for the evening.

The long mile road was ****ing jammed at 14:45 today both ways

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,802 ✭✭✭✭suicide_circus

growleaves wrote: »

Eternal academic with secure job and pension wants to raise taxes shocker

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,561 ✭✭✭Micky 32

growleaves wrote: »

I guess the author must be getting butthurt now that restrictions are coming to an end with the advent of vaccines on the horizon. He probably thought restrictions would be here long term and to save the planet, a lot of lockdown merchants are treehuggers :rolleyes:. Anyway isn’t there other forums for that climate change Shyte? ——————>

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,530 ✭✭✭crossman47

[QUOTE=VonLuck;115513629 I just hope that people are sensible by sticking to the rules and don't ruin it for the rest of us.[/QUOTE]

Judging by what I see on here, there are two chances of that - slim and none.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,153 ✭✭✭✭iamwhoiam

Judging by what I see on here, there are two chances of that - slim and none.

Boards is not at all representative of the public in my opinion
    Everyone I know is making an effort to stay safe

• Advertisement

iamwhoiam wrote: »
    Boards is not at all representative of the public in my opinion
    Everyone I know is making an effort to stay safe

Yes everyone can make their own efforts indeed- we don’t need pen pushing autocrats and RTE moralisers to do it for us though- that’s the point

I’d love to agree- but Holohan, McConkey, Staines etc and all the rest of the Covid junta have made it clear they’re not relinquishing control anytime soon- sadly we’ve no government that’s going to put them back in their place either. Reckon it’ll be public indifference and exhaustion of patience that will end it now

More conspiracies waffle. If the vaccine works and cases , deaths drop how are they going to sell to the public more lockdowns? I for one once vaccinated won’t be adhering to any restrictions that they do try to maintain without good reason.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,465 ✭✭✭FintanMcluskey

More conspiracies waffle. If the vaccine works and cases , deaths drop how are they going to sell to the public more lockdowns? I for one once vaccinated won’t be adhering to any restrictions that they do try to maintain without good reason.

Once they realign the moral compass on social media the restrictions will be lifted.

No flu deaths this year in Ireland I heard, more lives saved by the restrictions.

How many flu deaths is acceptable I wonder?

Sadly it isn’t conspiracy- it’s exactly what these zealots are saying- I’m merely repeating it.
    It’s easy say that but when masks etc are compulsory for access to shops and public services then you’re forced to adhere regardless.
    They appear determined to maintain all this crap in tandem with vaccinations

Once they realign the moral compass on social media the restrictions will be lifted.

No flu deaths this year in Ireland I heard, more lives saved by the restrictions.

How many flu deaths is acceptable I wonder?

It would be political suicide if they start restricting people because of the flu , trust me it will never happen. It’s not even that contagious. I haven’t had it in 10 years and i get around. Of course you’ll probably have morons like Staines, McConkey and the other ilk proposing it alright.

Sadly it isn’t conspiracy- it’s exactly what these zealots are saying- I’m merely repeating it.
    It’s easy say that but when masks etc are compulsory for access to shops and public services then you’re forced to adhere regardless.
    They appear determined to maintain all this crap in tandem with vaccinations

They can say what they want. Once i get the vaccine and when a lot of the population do as well i won’t be social distancing, I’ll be kissing, hugging and riding and flying again. :pac:

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 52,098 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

Mod:

Ginger n Lemon's threadban has been lifted after discussion with user.

It would be political suicide if they start restricting people because of the flu , trust me it will never happen. It’s not even that contagious. I haven’t had it in 10 years and i get around. Of course you’ll probably have morons like Staines, McConkey and the other ilk proposing it alright.

If the past year hadn’t happened then yes I’d totally agree- but it’s shown exactly what is possible. Restrictions we’d never had enough dreamt of in our wildest dreams. Having gotten away with so much for so long anything is possible now. Autocrats and politicians do not like giving up control very easily once they get used to it.

They can say what they want. Once i get the vaccine and when a lot of the population do as well i won’t be social distancing, I’ll be kissing, hugging and riding and flying again. :pac:

Yes you can do that but you’ll be forced into certain adherence whether you like it or not. There’s nothing I want more but there’ll have to be a major shift in public mindset

• Advertisement

If the past year hadn’t happened then yes I’d totally agree- but it’s shown exactly what is possible. Restrictions we’d never had enough dreamt of in our wildest dreams. Having gotten away with so much for so long anything is possible now. Autocrats and politicians do not like giving up control very easily once they get used to it.

Yeah but long term they won’t benefit whatsoever from it. You must remember politicians are humans too and enjoy freedoms like everyone else. The government have already gone against Tony’s advice this Christmas.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement