If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Thinking of purchasing 55 LG CX

Options
2»

Comments

• Company Representative Posts: 17,276 ✭✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Kenny

Blowfish wrote: »
    Hope you don't mind me hijacking here, but what's the reason the 48 LG CX is higher priced than the 55 LG CX? (£1299 vs £1479)

Looking for a large PC monitor for productivity and gaming, 48 huge for a monitor, but not unreasonable, 55 I'm not even sure will fit on my desk.
    Hi Blowfish.

To be honest the pricing is set for the market by LG.
    Perhaps it cost more to produce the smaller size as they don't produce as many.

The LG OLED are outstanding but both the 48 and 55CX have now went as out of stock due to how well they have sold yesterday and into the small hours of this morning.

We will know better on Monday once the smoke settles as to the stock levels and our purchasing team will be trying directly with LG to secure more stock.

Even the Sony 55A8 has ran out of stock which is another fantastic set.

Sony do a 48" the 48A9 priced at £1689 - Showing as out of stock also.
    https://euro.richersounds.ie/p-204908-sony-kd48a9bu-48-inch-oled-4k-ultra-hd-hdr-smart-android-tv-youview.aspx

Our TV sales were through the roof yesterday.

• Registered Users Posts: 212 ✭✭corcadorcha

Hi Guys,
    Sony A8 arrived today.. Delighted with it! Great service thanks for everything..

I'm having  one difficulty with my setup. ( Not with TV I might add)
    I have Sky Q connected through my Marantz SR5007 and Sky Q is not letting me show UHD content (Says that no UHD compatible TV connected to Sky Q box.. Is there any workaround for this?

Anyway thanks for your great service.
    Regards

• Registered Users Posts: 1,894 ✭✭✭kala85

Hi Guys,
    Sony A8 arrived today.. Delighted with it! Great service thanks for everything..

I have Sky Q connected through my Marantz SR5007 and Sky Q is not letting me show UHD content (Says that no UHD compatible TV connected to Sky Q box.. Is there any workaround for this?

Regards

Can you get rte player and all the apps on the a8.

Can I install iptv on a8

Does rte player work OK on these

• Registered Users Posts: 8,369 ✭✭✭Rossi IRL

Hi Guys,

Regards

Something to try might be to go into settings and external imputs. Make sure the hdmi's are set to enhanced and not standard.

Not sure if that is the case with newer Sony's but it is in my 3yr old Sony.

Hi Guys,

Regards
    Hey Corcadorcha.

Hmmmm....

Did it work on the TV you just replaced?

If you connect directly to the TV does in display UHD content?

Let me know and we will see how we can get you sorted.

• Advertisement

Hi Guys,

Regards
    Hey Corcadorcha.

Hmmmm....

Older tv wasn't UHD compatible so not sure.. Is it possible to connect sky q box directly to tv and then output sound to the marantz? I have same issue with Netflix on tv and sound not coming through the Marantz but works through tv when I turn off the amp...
    Just to mention I'm delighted with TV.. 

Thanks

Hi Guys,

Regards
    Hey Corcadorcha.

Hmmmm....

Older tv wasn't UHD compatible so not sure.. Is it possible to connect sky q box directly to tv and then output sound to the marantz? I have same issue with Netflix on tv and sound not coming through the Marantz but works through tv when I turn off the amp...
    Just to mention I'm delighted with TV.. 

Thanks
    Hey Corcadorha.

For Netflix you may need to change the audio format between PCM and BIT Stream in the Netflix or TV settings for the map to process it.

If the UHD works when the SKY Q Box is connected directly to the TV then the issue lies at the amp.
    If not it could maybe be the HDMI cable that you are using not being rated high enough to carry the signal.

You can connect the Sky Q box to the TV then use ARC from the TV to the Marantz for the Audio.

Let me know how you get on.

Thanks guys once again for all your help and support.
    I ended up connecting sky Q directly to the TV and then out from TV to Marantz Amp as you suggested. Worked! 
    Also changing sounder settings on TV worked for Netflix sound through Amp!

Now to play around with it to get optimum picture and sound.

Delighted with the Sony

Regards.

Thanks guys once again for all your help and support.
    I ended up connecting sky Q directly to the TV and then out from TV to Marantz Amp as you suggested. Worked! 
    Also changing sounder settings on TV worked for Netflix sound through Amp!

Now to play around with it to get optimum picture and sound.

Delighted with the Sony

Regards.
    Hi Corcadorcha.

Excellent that you are now up and running :)

If you do come across any other questions just drop me a post.

Again thanks for the business.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.