If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Thinking of purchasing 55 LG CX

Options
  • 20-11-2020 7:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 212 ✭✭

Hi Guys,
    I'm very interested in purchasing  the  55 inch LG CX5.(Or GX if that were to drop)
     I have a query whether it will integrate with the Matantz SR5007 which I purchased off you a few years back along with Tannoy speakers. I also have ceiling speakers in the room running off Sonos amp both of which I got from you.. 
    Not sure what to do  for sound. 

Anyway what is  best price for CX delivered to Killenny and then what would your recommendation re sound setup.. 
    Mainly used for Sky Q and Netflix through Amazon Fire Stick.
    Thanks,
    Corcadorcha 

Comments

• Company Representative Posts: 4,457 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: DavidS

Hi Guys,
    I'm very interested in purchasing  the  55 inch LG CX5.(Or GX if that were to drop)
     I have a query whether it will integrate with the Matantz SR5007 which I purchased off you a few years back along with Tannoy speakers. I also have ceiling speakers in the room running off Sonos amp both of which I got from you.. 
    Not sure what to do  for sound. 

Anyway what is  best price for CX delivered to Killenny and then what would your recommendation re sound setup.. 
    Mainly used for Sky Q and Netflix through Amazon Fire Stick.
    Thanks,
    Corcadorcha 
    Hi corcadorcha,

Thanks for the post!

The amp will still work with the CX5 for ARC and Full HD passthrough but the specs say it is only HDMI version 1.4 so will not support 4K passthrough or eARC. It also won;t support Dolby Atmos. You can always upgrade the amp down the line if you would like to benefit from these features! In the meantime you can run everything into the TV directly and use ARC for the sound output!

The best price on an OLED55CX5 would be £1299 or 1449 euro! We do also have our 14 day price promise so if the price drops within 14 days of purchase we can refund the difference if you let us know!

Let me know what you think!

Kind regards

David

• Registered Users Posts: 212 ✭✭corcadorcha

Just a query before I decide fully.. How does this compare with the 55'' Sony OLED vs LG CX?
    What are benefits of each..
    Thanks

• Company Representative Posts: 17,276 ✭✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Kenny

Just a query before I decide fully.. How does this compare with the 55'' Sony OLED vs LG CX?
    What are benefits of each..
    Thanks
    Hi Cotcadorcha.

The 55" Sony OLED does have the slightly better picture due to the way Sony tune the set and the tech they use.
    The Sony uses an Android operating system which gives a wider range of apps to LG's own OS.

It is a tough choice between these two televisions as they are both outstanding.

The Sony is currently waiting on a restock at our main warehouse which we are chasing an ETA on.

The CX is in stock and ready to ship.

Let me know your thoughts.

Any likelihood of a discount for Good Friday on either?
    In leaning towards the Sony as very little in the Cost and if picture is slightly better.
    Can you let me know of eta. 
    Thanks

In leaning towards the Sony as very little in the Cost and if picture is slightly better.
    Thanks
    Hi Corcadorcha.

A lot of our Black Friday prices have went live already. We do not get told of ay further reductions until the evening before the event unfortunately.

We have a 14 day price promise in place to help combat the worry of anyone making a purchase before Black Friday.

It would appear that the 55A8 has sold out but more are no due to land on the 23rd Nov.

• Advertisement

Thanks
    Hi Corcadorcha.

A lot of our Black Friday prices have went live already. We do not get told of ay further reductions until the evening before the event unfortunately.

We have a 14 day price promise in place to help combat the worry of anyone making a purchase before Black Friday.

It would appear that the 55A8 has sold out but more are no due to land on the 23rd Nov.
    That's today 😀
    Well you let me know tomorrow what the situation is.
    Both TV's are same price in sterling but different in euro 😎🀠😎
    Is delivery included in both?

Thanks
    Corcadorcha

• Company Representative Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: John

Hi Coradorcha,

at the moment the pricing on the LG OLED55CX and the SONY KD55A8 are at our BF pricing - however, as ever we will always react to market pricing across both markets so of course the price may shift at a moments notice as we monitor the market hourly.

As the guys have said above - we do have a 14 day price promise, so if the price does drop within 14 days of purchase we will refund any difference subject of course to our normal T's and C's.

We do have lots of the OLED55CX available - the 55A8 stock situation is still tight but we are hoping for redelivery to our main warehouse facility later this week.

ATVB,

John Mc & Crew

John McDonald / Managing Director / Richer Sounds Ireland / www.richersounds.ie / johnmc@richersounds.ie

Thanks John ( and Kenny),
    As I'm leaning towards the Sony can you let me know when it comes in or at least when you Will have a date..
    Also my query re sterling and delivery?
    Thanks again for all your help

Thanks John ( and Kenny),
    As I'm leaning towards the Sony can you let me know when it comes in or at least when you Will have a date..
    Also my query re sterling and delivery?
    Thanks again for all your help
    Hi corcadorcha,

Delivery is £6.99 in sterling and it's included in the Euro price.

If you want we can place a no obligation order for you to let you know when they're available again?

Kind regards

David

Hi corcadorcha,

If you want we can place a no obligation order for you to let you know when they're available again?

Kind regards

David

That would be a great idea. How best to do this?

• Advertisement

Hi corcadorcha,

Kind regards

David

That would be a great idea. How best to do this?
    Hi Corcadorcha,

If you PM us with your details we can place the order for you!

Kind regards

David

PM sent. Thanks

PM sent. Thanks
    Hi Corcadorcha.

Just check you got looked after as I was off yesterday :) 

PM sent. Thanks
    Hi Corcadorcha.

sent David a PM yesterday and havn't got a call yet.. There is no panic but would like to confirm order f someone has a chance...

PM sent. Thanks
    Hi Corcadorcha.

sent David a PM yesterday and havn't got a call yet.. There is no panic but would like to confirm order f someone has a chance...
    Hey Corcadorcha.

Send the PM over to myself.

David is off today and I don't have access to his account.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,382 ✭✭✭FFVII

FFVII,

Hi - are you saying that it was 1349€ on DID or our Richersounds.ie website?

ATVB,

John Mc & Crew

John McDonald / Managing Director / Richer Sounds Ireland / www.richersounds.ie / johnmc@richersounds.ie

FFVII,

ATVB,

John Mc & Crew
    sent

FFVII,

ATVB,

John Mc & Crew
    sent
    Cheer Corcadorcha.

I'll get back to you first thing in the morning.

Have a good evening.

FFVII wrote: »
    Hey FFVII.

DID.ie also say mid December for delivery which would indicate they currently have no stock.

They also charge 24.99 Euro delivery so our deal works out to be better and you also get an extra years guarantee with ourselves.

• Advertisement

I think FFVII may have been looking at the 55 Bx 6 - its 1249€ ( I note post is deleted)

ATVB

Hi Guys,
    I know you are busy, but still waiting for phone call re ordering the Sony.
    Thanks

Hi Guys,
    I know you are busy, but still waiting for phone call re ordering the Sony.
    Thanks
    Hey Corcadorcha.

Apologies.....

We will drop you a call now.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,192 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

Sorry to hijack the thread but stuck between the Sony and LG myself.. possibly 65 not sure.

From what I gather that Sony A8 has better picture and sound while the LG is better for next gen gaming. Head is telling me Sony, xbox is telling me LG...is it that simple if your going to game on it (not all the time) the LG is the one to go for.

Sorry to hijack the thread but stuck between the Sony and LG myself.. possibly 65 not sure.

From what I gather that Sony A8 has better picture and sound while the LG is better for next gen gaming. Head is telling me Sony, xbox is telling me LG...is it that simple if your going to game on it (not all the time) the LG is the one to go for.
    Hey Drunkmonkey.

That seems to be the choice everyone is coming up against.

Both are out standing but the Sony does have the crisper image even though you think this is no possible.

Ordered the Sony! Thanks for the great service as always. 
    Looking forward to getting it next week! 

Ordered the Sony! Thanks for the great service as always. 
    Looking forward to getting it next week! 
    Cheers for the order Corcadorcha :)

• Registered Users Posts: 723 ✭✭✭soap1978

thinking of ordering the q95t ,just like to know if u can get soarview and rte player on it please

soap1978 wrote: »
    thinking of ordering the q95t ,just like to know if u can get soarview and rte player on it please
    Hi Soap1978.

You can get Soarview no issues and going from info I can get on the web the RTE Player should be on the Samsung

The 55Q95T is currently priced at 1399 Euro
    https://euro.richersounds.ie/p-204589-samsung-qe55q95t-new-t-series-55-inch-4k-ultra-hdr-1500-smart-qled-tv-with-apple-tv-app-freesat-hd.aspx

Stock is getting tight but there are still some available for shipping

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,112 ✭✭✭Blowfish

Hope you don't mind me hijacking here, but what's the reason the 48 LG CX is higher priced than the 55 LG CX? (£1299 vs £1479)

Looking for a large PC monitor for productivity and gaming, 48 huge for a monitor, but not unreasonable, 55 I'm not even sure will fit on my desk.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.