If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

SAMSUNG UE43TU7100KXXU Smart tv is dumb

Options
  • 20-11-2020 10:40pm
    Registered Users Posts: 972 ✭✭✭

I recently had one of these delivered and I am having issues. It can take up to 20 attempts to cast my W10 laptop to the TV and the laptop needs to be rebooted nearly as many times, if the attempt does nor cause the laptop to freeze I get a message saying the attempt to connect failed, please try a mobile device which infuriates me further because my phone has never been able to mirror to the TV. I have installed Smart-things and I can use the smartview remote on my phone to turn the TV off or adjust the volume, there is no option that I can see to mirror to TV. Any ideas? I emailed Samsung and the mail bouned back as undeliverable.

Comments

• Company Representative Posts: 4,457 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: DavidS

I recently had one of these delivered and I am having issues. It can take up to 20 attempts to cast my W10 laptop to the TV and the laptop needs to be rebooted nearly as many times, if the attempt does nor cause the laptop to freeze I get a message saying the attempt to connect failed, please try a mobile device which infuriates me further because my phone has never been able to mirror to the TV. I have installed Smart-things and I can use the smartview remote on my phone to turn the TV off or adjust the volume, there is no option that I can see to mirror to TV. Any ideas? I emailed Samsung and the mail bouned back as undeliverable.
    Hi redarmyblues,

The only thing I can think of trying would be a factory reset and a software update.

If you get nowhere with that let me know and I can see if I can get a direct number for you for Samsung!

Let me know what you think!

Kind regards

David

• Registered Users Posts: 2,570 ✭✭✭Skill Magill

Win 10, go to settings, display, multiple displays, connect to wireless display - if you're on the same network the laptop should see the tv.
    You'll see aprompt on the telly to allow connection and connect.
    Are you doing it that way? Works on my samsung smart tv

Win 10, go to settings, display, multiple displays, connect to wireless display - if you're on the same network the laptop should see the tv.
    Thanks for that Skill Magill.

• Registered Users Posts: 972 ✭✭✭redarmyblues

My laptop can see the TV and can connect to it occasionally but most of the time it doesn't.

Hi redarmyblues,

The only thing I can think of trying would be a factory reset and a software update.

If you get nowhere with that let me know and I can see if I can get a direct number for you for Samsung!

Kind regards

David
    How do I do a reset and update?

• Advertisement
  • Company Representative Posts: 17,276 ✭✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Kenny

Hi redarmyblues,

Kind regards

David
    Hi Redarmyblues.

You will need to go into the menu setting on the TV to preform a factory reset.

It should be the following:
    1. Step 1: open the menu. Press the menu button on the remote. ...
    2. Step 2: open Support. ...
    3. Step 3: open Self Diagnosis. ...
    4. Step 4: select Reset. ...
    5. Step 5: if needed, enter your PIN code. ...
    6. Step 6: confirm the reset.
    [*]

[font=arial, sans-serif]Once you have done the reset and then set the TV back up it might do the update automatically.[/font]
    [font=arial, sans-serif]You can check it on the latest update by then going to the fir[/font][font=arial, sans-serif]mware update tab in the menu and selecting it. If it up to date it will tell you.[/font]

[font=arial, sans-serif]I hope this is of help.[/font]

[font=arial, sans-serif]Any questions please let me know.[/font]

Hi redarmyblues,

Kind regards

David
    Hi Redarmyblues.

• Step 1: open the menu. Press the menu button on the remote. ...
    • Step 2: open Support. ...
    • Step 3: open Self Diagnosis. ...
    • Step 4: select Reset. ...
    • Step 5: if needed, enter your PIN code. ...
    • Step 6: confirm the reset.

[*]

[font=arial, sans-serif]Once you have done the reset and then set the TV back up it might do the update automatically.[/font]
    [font=arial, sans-serif]You can check it on the latest update by then going to the fir[/font][font=arial, sans-serif]mware update tab in the menu and selecting it. If it up to date it will tell you.[/font]

[*]
    I have done the factory reset and checked for a software update and now I cannot detect the TV at all with my laptop when I try to use the TV as a monitor, it will detect the TV and play audio through it but I cannot cast to the TV from my laptop or my phone either for that matter. If the issue can not be resolved can I return this TV, please? The ability to cast was fundamental to my requirements when I was picking a TV,

Hi redarmyblues,

Kind regards

David
    Hi Redarmyblues.

• Step 1: open the menu. Press the menu button on the remote. ...
    • Step 2: open Support. ...
    • Step 3: open Self Diagnosis. ...
    • Step 4: select Reset. ...
    • Step 5: if needed, enter your PIN code. ...
    • Step 6: confirm the reset.

[*]

[*]
    I have done the factory reset and checked for a software update and now I cannot detect the TV at all with my laptop when I try to use the TV as a monitor, it will detect the TV and play audio through it but I cannot cast to the TV from my laptop or my phone either for that matter. If the issue can not be resolved can I return this TV, please? The ability to cast was fundamental to my requirements when I was picking a TV,
    [*]
    Hi Redarmyblues.

It does seem like there is an issue as it should be really straight forward to cast unless there is an issue with your network or internet speeds.

If you have the original packaging then please rebox it and include all the accessories that came with it. (Failure to include all accessories, remotes, screws etc can lead to a delay in any refund.)
    We can then get our courier to call and collect it from you.

As the 43TU7100 is currently out of stock I would not have a replacement to offer but a refund woudl be no issue.

Let me know your thoughts.

Hi Kenny thanks for your prompt reply, I have fibre and my network is functioning fine so its not an infrastructure problem. Luckily I kept the box and hopefully, I can get it packed up tomorrow. This is a pity because I really liked the TV, I am shopping with you for over 20 years and haven't been let down yet, great service always.

• Registered Users Posts: 695 ✭✭✭jhud

Hi redarmyblues

Can I ask if you have rebooted your broadband router have worked in IT infrastructure for over 12 years and I have got people with strange issues fixed with a simple reboot of the network router even though everything else works on the the network perfect and the one device giving issues.

Hope its just as simple as this.

Thanks
    John

• Advertisement

Hi Kenny thanks for your prompt reply, I have fibre and my network is functioning fine so its not an infrastructure problem. Luckily I kept the box and hopefully, I can get it packed up tomorrow. This is a pity because I really liked the TV, I am shopping with you for over 20 years and haven't been let down yet, great service always.
    Hey Redarmyblues.

Let me know when its packaged up and I can arrange the collection.

If you want I can place another order for one for you and once stock arrives ship a new one out to you.
    Finger crossed a shipment is due week starting the 7th.

Of course a full refund is also an option.

Hey Redarmyblues.

Let me know when its packaged up and I can arrange the collection.

If you want I can place another order for one for you and once stock arrives ship a new one out to you.
    Finger crossed a shipment is due week starting the 7th.

Of course a full refund is also an option.
    Hi Kenny,

I am going to pack it up tomorrow, when can you collect it? I don't fancy another Samsung and would prefer the refund please though I will check those what other TVs you have in stock.

jhud wrote: »
    Hi redarmyblues

Can I ask if you have rebooted your broadband router have worked in IT infrastructure for over 12 years and I have got people with strange issues fixed with a simple reboot of the network router even though everything else works on the the network perfect and the one device giving issues.

Thanks
    John
    Ya rebooted the router a number of times recently due to an issue with my BB provider, the problem I have is a  Bluetooth one and only casting video to the TV.

Hi redarmyblues

Thanks
    John
    Ya rebooted the router a number of times recently due to an issue with my BB provider, the problem I have is a  Bluetooth one and only casting video to the TV.
    Hi jhud,

let me know what date suits you for a collection and I can arrange it for you.

were you able to speak with Samsung to see if they had a fix for it or know if it was a known fault?

Can you also send me a photo of the TV in it's packaging with all parts and accessories as we can't accept a TV back if it is missing any of the packaging/accessories.

Kind regards

David

Hi redarmyblues

Thanks
    John
    Hi jhud,

were you able to speak with Samsung to see if they had a fix for it or know if it was a known fault?

Can you also send me a photo of the TV in it's packaging with all parts and accessories as we can't accept a TV back if it is missing any of the packaging/accessories.

Kind regards

David
    I have all the parts and packaging, but please note I am returning the TV because it is faulty. I will forward the photosw when I get home.

Hi redarmyblues

Thanks
    John
    Hi jhud,

Kind regards

David
    I have all the parts and packaging, but please note I am returning the TV because it is faulty. I will forward the photosw when I get home.
    Hi jhud,

Thanks for that, we require the photos to make sure the TV is packaged well for shipping and also to ensure that it is complete as we are unable to accept it back damaged or missing parts.

Let me know if you have any further queries!

Kind regards

David

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.