Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rathgar council tenants in luxury apartments claim discrimination over facilities

Options

Comments

After reading eighteen pages on this thread, my conclusion in regard to a guy getting an apartment of grandeur was just the ticking time-bomb for begrudgery to take effect. I find it amazing that so many **** on this thread moan so much about their taxes and spend so much time whinging about it constantly instead of enjoying their live's.

The guy got a nice apartment fair enough, if that is really the guy previously linked on thread and he is screwing the system then he is also a wanker, buy hey, everyone needs a roof over their head and if you can get a nice one and fully legal and the contract is signed from the housing association and the tenent then happy day's as they say, enjoy the new apartment. One thing though... no-one here knows the true circumstances of the guy mentioned and therfore should have an aside as to his personal circumstances.

Fecking putrid comments in previous posts on this thread. I never heard so many people whine so much about their taxes. Why waste so much time complaining about this?.

I can tell you for one that this wanker right here does enjoy her life.
    Enjoys working to pay my rent, enjoys not being able to save for a mortgage too.
    Enjoy spending my extra cash. Enjoy life to the max. Travel, food, clothes, nice things for my home. If I could swap all this for a council apartment I wouldn't. As I said earlier in my post there are genuine people and families waiting for homes for years.
    After spending my youth either in mobile homes and sh*#tting in a hole in the ground for most part of it, and the rest in the worst council estates possible I really enjoy paying my way, far away from my roots.
    Judging by his twitter, that I see has been changed, it is absolutely still f#*King infuriating that my taxes are going to bums like this.

• Registered Users Posts: 470 ✭✭The Oort Cloud

Isn't that what kicked this whole thing off though? I can't be bothered checking the article again but I think that's what kicked off the fuss and "begrudgery". That this fella felt he should shout discrimation because he can't use the gym, instead of enjoying his free gaf.

It is, but people have to understand that they do not have this persons circumstances at hand, it's always a different story when the real facts come out. Don't get me wrong, if the guy is screwing the system then he will pay for that and quite possibly lose his apartment if this person has broken the contract with the housing association and that is serious, but in saying this, I think it is disingenuous to attack this person without having the full details, but like always... it happens all the time on boards threads without fail. Attack.

Individual people have different thoughts and understanding in regard to others opinions, but the problem is this... there are some people out there that will do everything in their power to cut you off when they do not like your opinion even when it is truth.

https://youtu.be/v8EseBe4eIU

• Registered Users Posts: 40,291 ✭✭✭✭Gatling

It is, but people have to understand that

This guy is a Spoofer,
    Hopefully there is action taken against him ,

Bet he wakes up on Monday and realises that **** storm he created for himself ,

Just glad to help him on his way

• Registered Users Posts: 19,855 ✭✭✭✭Donald Trump

0ph0rce0 wrote: »
    I see he's taken his image off twitter now.

Took out Dublin, Ireland as location too.

I'd say his posts will follow.

Deffo is him. Hope all his bitching comes back to bite him in the hole.

Yeah. I had noticed that this morning. I was surprised that the profile wasn't taken down. One of his posts/images contains a screenshot of himself where he looks the spit of the Irish Times photo .................and it looks like someone submitted it to the wayback machine today.....just in case the oul' profile gets deleted :pac: ;)

https://web.archive.org/web/20201122112804/https://mobile.twitter.com/TeniaKarim

• Registered Users Posts: 15,971 ✭✭✭✭Spanish Eyes

I personally think people like Kitty Holland are dangerous.

I wouldn't read an article by her to save my life. It's either Travellers, immigrants, Asylum rights, you get the drift. But I doubt people like her live within an asses roar of any of them. Great keyboard warriors the lot of them.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,161 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

It is, but people have to understand that they do not have this persons circumstances at hand, it's always a different story when the real facts come out.
    Like I say, if he was the most genuine asylum seeker ever, it would still be taking the piss and a near dictionary definition of biting the hand that feeds for someone to grow that sense of brass neck entitlements in such a short time and after getting a "free" apartment that his neighbours are likely to be working all the hours to pay for.
    Don't get me wrong, if the guy is screwing the system then he will pay for that and quite possibly lose his apartment if this person has broken the contract with the housing association and that is serious
    I'd bet the farm that he won't pay for it, even if exposed as a complete chancer criminally gaming the system. And it's bugger all to do with the contract end. That's just legal niceties which chancers are only too good at gaming. And I can guarantee 100% that if he is squeezed he'll pull the poor refugee(from Nazi Canada. Mounties lining the streets in jackboots apologising while going "eh") and "racism" card to deflect it and he'll have enough or the usual useful idiots and vested interests in the media and Irish NGO's to back him up.

That the "author" of the piece in question is so completely stone cold tone deaf(sorry hearing irony impaired) that she couldn't see the problem that might come out of this speaks volumes to how far this nonsense has gone. And how immune she thinks such chancers are. Though again, I reckon she made sure to choose him over the other social housing folks well aware that so many would be reticent to call bullsh1t.
    but in saying this, I think it is disingenuous to attack this person without having the full details, but like always... it happens all the time on boards threads without fail. Attack.
    If the guy is the second coming, he would still be taking the piss with his atomic powered sense of entitlement. As would the other residents complaining about missing free spin classes in a gym they're not paying for, from the comfort of a home they're not paying for. I'd further be damned sure that there are other social housing folks in that complex and others who wouldn't dream of being that entitled. Hopefully people like them don't suffer collateral damage from the few muppets.

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

I appreciate your comment Wibbs and I follow your drift, but is this fully factual in regard to this guy? or is it sort of? Is this guy 100% scamming? is the proof there as to his dealings with the council?.

Individual people have different thoughts and understanding in regard to others opinions, but the problem is this... there are some people out there that will do everything in their power to cut you off when they do not like your opinion even when it is truth.

I appreciate your comment Wibbs and I follow your drift, but is this fully factual in regard to this guy? or is it sort of? Is this guy 100% scamming? is the proof there as to his dealings with the council?.

Simple if you leave the country to live and work in another country such as Canada your no longer entitled to social housing here,

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,161 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

Like I said Oort, if this guy was 100% genuine as far as reasons to be in social housing and in receipt of other social safety nets, and in this country for that matter, that after all that he's still bitching about wanting more "entitlements" he would still be a tone deaf atomic powered ingrate wanker. And we're not talking about access to medical services here. The council did “not regard access to a gym as a welfare issue”. Quite correctly.

One resident, Tenia Karim says soon after he moved into his one-bedroom apartment in January 2019 he left his gym in nearby Dartry to join the gym on his doorstep. However Mr Karim was told he could not join because he lives in Orwell Grove.

I was brought up with principles and dignity. This hurts my dignity. They do not like when I say ‘discrimination’ but what other word do they want to use?

Dignity eh? And plays subtly plays the race card out of the gate. Watch that go not so subtle if more questions are raised.

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,208 ✭✭✭LuasSimon

There’s very little incentive to work if your in low middle income jobs or anywhere near minimum wage . If your on social you will have to wait a few years but you will have your rent 95% paid for you while you wait but then you could end up with a place in rathgar or Donnybrook worth up to 700K for 30 or 40 euro a week out of your dole .

• Advertisement

Gatling wrote: »
    Simple if you leave the country to live and work in another country such as Canada your no longer entitled to social housing here,

I think that even in that regard to leaving the country and coming back to the island of Ireland a person can apply for a disability allowance and if that was the case then such a person can immediately apply for social housing and be upped as they say through the que. I still feel that there is much more to this guy's story. I'm not protecting this fella, not by a long-shot, but I don't think it is as simple as most folk here think.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,310 ✭✭✭Pkiernan

People are being made to feel evil by the ultra left when they dare to mention that hard workers are taxed too much and the idle are unjustly rewarded.

Thats whats wrong with Ireland.

If what is said as correct then I can see this guy on the news tomorrow evening and that will put an end to it after some investigations.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,950 ✭✭✭0ph0rce0

If what is said as correct then I can see this guy on the news tomorrow evening and that will put an end to it after some investigations.

hahaha nobody will go near him. That'd be racist and discrimination sure.

More like he'll get a free pass to another gym courtesy of us taxpayers for all his trouble and be told to stay out of the public eye.

I think that even in that regard to leaving the country and coming back to the island of Ireland a person can apply for a disability allowance and if that was the case then such a person can immediately apply for social housing and be upped as they say through the que. I still feel that there is much more to this guy's story. I'm not protecting this fella, not by a long-shot, but I don't think it is as simple as most folk here think.

Disability me bollix.

I have a very good friend with a genuine disability in terms of a progressive medical condition and there is very little support available.

No fucking wonder given that the authorities are spending a million to house scammers who want to have a nice holiday home kept empty here waiting for them for when they return from their sojourn in Canada.

• Registered Users Posts: 627 ✭✭✭Phat Cat

Just looking at 1 bedroom apartments in that complex and they are going for around €2,200 per month.

https://www.rent.ie/houses-to-let/Marianella-Orwell-Road-Rathgar-Dublin-6/3158669/

So this fella is getting one for free and is still complaining? His level of entitlement is absolutely staggering.

0ph0rce0 wrote: »
    hahaha nobody will go near him. That'd be racist and discrimination sure.

More like he'll get a free pass to another gym courtesy of us taxpayers for all his trouble and be told to stay out of the public eye.

The rule of law applies to everyone, there is no way out of that one. If the guy is scamming he will be found out most definitely. The race card is obsolete.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,105 ✭✭✭Kivaro

That will never happen. He is untouchable. There will no investigations. The GroupThink in media will make sure of it.

When I read the article yesterday, the one quote from him really stuck out:
    "I was brought up with principles and dignity. This hurts my dignity."
    So what about the principles and dignity of accepting a very expensive free apartment at no real cost to you? What about the principles and dignity of those people going to work in the morning in order to pay for your housing?

I find that people who were really brought up with principles and dignity will avoid social welfare if at all possible due to those same principles and dignity.

I think that even in that regard to leaving the country and coming back to the island of Ireland a person can apply for a disability allowance and if that was the case then such a person can immediately apply for social housing and be upped as they say through the que. I.

Not true and it would take 12 months got get disability allowence and even with that you don't get pushed to the from of the que ,
    He still would need to wait 10+ years to be housed

The rule of law applies to everyone, there is no way out of that one. If the guy is scamming he will be found out most definitely. The race card is obsolete.

Not with housing. Once you are in the door, your "circumstances can change" and you will still have that housing.

He will still keep the housing even if it is shown incontrovertibly that he scammed and lied.

Revenue would be the only body with teeth ... they might get him on tax if he was working in Canada and didn't declare the income here ... but he'll still likely stay in that nice apartment.

• Advertisement

Not with housing. Once you are in the door, your "circumstances can change" and you will still have that housing.

He will still keep the housing even if it is shown incontrovertibly that he scammed and lied.

Revenue would be the only body with teeth ... they might get him on tax if he was working in Canada and didn't declare the income here ... but he'll still likely stay in that nice apartment.

I find that very hard to believe. Surely if he broke the contract with the housing body they would have the person removed immediately and the right to remove the person without challenge.

And even if he was evicted he would likely be housed by either a local authority or other housing association

• Registered Users Posts: 1,905 ✭✭✭glenfieldman

I find that very hard to believe. Surely if he broke the contract with the housing body they would have the person removed immediately and the right to remove the person without challenge.

Open your eyes, did Mags Cash lose her forever home after it was publised that her partner moved in and she was flashing the cash all over the place.

Phat Cat wrote: »
    Just looking at 1 bedroom apartments in that complex and they are going for around €2,200 per month.

https://www.rent.ie/houses-to-let/Marianella-Orwell-Road-Rathgar-Dublin-6/3158669/

So this fella is getting one for free and is still complaining? His level of entitlement is absolutely staggering.

Jesus, that's one hell of an apartment. Luxury indeed.

Open your eyes, did Mags Cash lose her forever home after it was publised that her partner moved in and she was flashing the cash all over the place.

Well it looks like fraud is ok so, well that's what it would seem to be if they are getting caught and let away with it. No accountability on either side.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,512 ✭✭✭bb1234567

Maybe they should be relocated to flats without luxury facilities so there's none of these issues to worry themselves with, after all the state provides housing. They've absolutely no justification to complain to anyone about wanting anything beyond that for reduced price. As others have said, if he has extra money available to pay for the gym, then that should absolutely be paid first and foremost towards the rent he has had reduced and paid for by the state. So perhaps the homes would be better appreciated by somebody else. Useless tossers like this who contribute nothing and only demand everything they feel entitled to are given way too much attention and air time in Ireland.

Meanwhile hard working Irish people could only in their dreams live in a place like this. It is just sickening

I'd be gobsmacked if that were the case. He'll not see the news and if he does it will almost certainly be spun as a hard luck story, especially by RTE.
    Oort and with genuine respect, you come across as pretty naive on this stuff. The law does not apply to everyone and certainly not consistently or with much by way of teeth. Read any daily court reports and you will have obvious career criminals walking free, many with multiple convictions and chancers barely register. We have people in direct provision for years with bogus claims taking up the courts time and resources beyond the court costing us hundreds of millions. This very week, we have a guy on Romania's most wanted list sentenced in absentia by his own country for being a trafficker of women and children, described by the Gardai as a serious flight risk with working knowledge of crossing borders "under the radar"(well that was his vile trade) given bail by an Irish judge. Irish law? Really? I admire your confidence.
    If he's in this country for less than two years and coming from a safe country like Canada(regularly in the top ten safest on Earth), the chances of him getting disability allowance, never mind social housing are bloody slim indeed. Unless he's been fast tracked over Irish people. I personally know two people who unfortunately ended up on disability benefit because of life changing and obvious disabilities and while they got help the quickest to get the actual disability allowance was just under 18 months. The other person was closer to two and a half years. They have cracked down heavily on awarding that of late. Well too many chancers were availing of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,447 ✭✭✭✭fullstop

This is a link to a twitter account? To either someone with the same name
    it certainly doesn't look like the same guy.
    I can find nothing relating to what you have said.

image.jpg

kIZUomIC.jpg

They don't look alike.

The Twitter profile is 100% him. He’s even liking posts which are pro the IT article

• Registered Users Posts: 11,447 ✭✭✭✭fullstop

nullzero wrote: »
    I feel sorry for these people being made to feel stigmatised, but on the other hand they have apartments in one of the most sought after areas in the country for virtually nothing.

There's plenty of Gyms around the area they can join with the money they're saving. A bit of perspective is needed me thinks.

Apparently gave up his Dartry gym membership to join there. The gym in Dartry is north of €500 per year. This lad just seems like he likes to cry discrimination all the time to try to get a few quid out of it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,233 ✭✭✭sdanseo

Absolute and utter madness that taxpayer money is being used to house people in anything other than basic apartments.

Social housing should be a bar below which no one can fall. Not a lap of luxury. The requirement for developers to provide a certain percentage of housing for social use is so absurd it beggars belief, and this is one of the chief reasons for that.

We need to start seriously question the absolute clowns that allow this sort of thing to happen. Too many people just completely disinterested in local politics.

Working people in this country pay very high tax rates comparable with the rest of Europe. We receive, in return, the least effective public services of almost any of them. Compare the HSE to the NHS for example.
    Unless of course you're eligible for a state benefit, in which case it's handout after handout after endless handout.

I understand why so many people from Ireland emigrate and so many from outside it want in. Free everything if you don't want to work. Free nothing if you're a functioning member of society.

Advertisement