Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rathgar council tenants in luxury apartments claim discrimination over facilities

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 24,644 ✭✭✭✭punisher5112

Sinn Fein voted DOWN 800 new houses on Oscar Traynor Road in Dublin the other day on brainless ideological grounds.

Then their housing spokesman takes to twitter expressing sympathy on the death of 2 homeless men.

That's the level we are dealing with here.

We need to seriously cop on or this country is doomed....

Serious drug or alcohol addiction maybe both, that's how the two 40 year olds unfortunately died, they chose to sleep rough but then I don't believe they should be allowed to do so and services should be in place where they are taken in and removed from the streets for their own safety.... I suppose thoughts the lefty that's against their human rights, so I ask what do they want and how will we change this or stop it??? I'd love to know.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,416 ✭✭✭Zico

Yeah, heard Brid Smith discussing this on the radio yesterday morning. The plan was it to be a mixed development of private, social and affordable housing but Brid wanted it to be completely for public housing.

What's the problem?

People with jobs making noise at unsocial hours like 7am?

Although there was a guy murdered in City West a few years ago for annoying someone while trying to start his car in the morning. :confused:

You'd want to be some gobsh1t3 if you work and vote SF.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,538 ✭✭✭jmreire

Caquas wrote: »
    There will be a backlash soon against the left-wing parties if they don't look after their voters. Access to scarce public services - housing, schools, hospitals - will be the issue over which their typical voter will abandon these parties. The people on the housing list in Dublin, and their families who are sick of them sleeping on the sofa, won't vote for any party who allowed Dublin City Council to gift a luxury apartment to this guy.

Sinn Fein attracted most left-wing voters in the general election - an impressive feat considering how fragmented and fractious the Left in Ireland has become - but they will lose them next time out to any party who can credibly promise to deliver decent public services for their voters.

The reason Sinn Fein did so well in the last GE, was not so much a vote for Sinn Fein per se, but a vote to break up the FF/FG musical chairs for once and for all. And see what happened? Rather than go into coalition with Sinn Fein, they managed a deal to keep Sinn Fein out, and themselves back in....Political wrangling at its finest. But you are right about any party favouring and seen to be supporting this kind of a set-up with a person getting a type of housing that the majority of people could not even dream of. That party will hemorrhage voters come the next election.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,930 ✭✭✭enricoh

'...the situation you face'

Jesus wept. :mad:

I actually believe we could be better off letting sinn fein take the reins after the next election.

They'd destroy the economy and after a few years the electorate would crawl back on their knees begging for a centre- right government.
    All the lefty crap would be toxic for a good 10-15 years.
    At the minute we have the parties usually in the centre spending money like water to shut up the left leaning media n lefty parties.
    Let sinn fein at it I reckon- free everything for everyone!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 24,644 ✭✭✭✭punisher5112

No hope of us ever leaving the EU now either, we owe them so much they literally own us.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,899 ✭✭✭yosser hughes

I've contacted Fold Housing with regard to Mr. Tenia Karim
    I'd encourage others to do the same, don't just vent on here, it will mean nothing.

https://www.foldireland.ie/contact-us

I'm not sure if Rathgar is in the City Council area, I think it is.
    01 222 2201
    Email Address
    allocations@dublincity.ie

Chris Andrews can be contacted

Contact details:

Phone: 087-2851515

E-mail: chris.andrews@oir.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭Glurrl

The shinners are horrified at the lack of gym, sauna and steam room facilities :pac:

I'd encourage others to do the same, don't just vent on here, it will mean nothing.

01 222 2201
    Email Address

Contact details:

Email sent.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,920 ✭✭✭Sultan of Bling

Email sent.

Ditto

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,854 ✭✭✭✭Donald Trump

01 222 2201
    Email Address

Contact details:

It says on their website that they provide housing to people over 55 and also

FOLD Ireland provides quality accommodation for families and couples to rent.

So is this fella in the accommodation as part of a "couple"? I don't think he is over 55

• Registered Users Posts: 6,085 ✭✭✭CollyFlower

conor-w wrote: »
    Sinn Fein jumping on the bandwagon.

20201127-132108-Copy1.jpg

Is that real? It wouldn't surprise me if 'Mr Discrepancy' made it up!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,920 ✭✭✭Sultan of Bling

Just in case he's reading this thread, the social welfare Christmas bonus will be paid out on December 7th, courtesy of the racist taxpayers of this country.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,476 ✭✭✭KevRossi

Wibbs wrote: »
    Hopefully someone took screenshots of that account.

Just this one, but there's plenty there to go on.

534432.PNG

• Registered Users Posts: 8,538 ✭✭✭jmreire

No hope of us ever leaving the EU now either, we owe them so much they literally own us.

The only difference this time around is that not only is Ireland on the hook of massive covid -19 debt ( plus bail-out ) but the rest of the world is too, including all the EU member states. So they will have to take a very different course of action than was taken when it was only Ireland who "Lost the run of themselves". But even allowing for that more "lenient" approach,we are in for some very stormy financial weather in the near future.:cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,689 ✭✭✭An Claidheamh

You'd want to be some gobsh1t3 if you work and vote SF.

Will never understand that silly mindset, what’s that they say about insanity?

FFG have been in power for the last 20 years

SF have not, no housing minister, Garda commissioner, judge, have ever been appointed by SF

Exactly. And to think that the Times used to be considered a respected publication.

Did the 'journalist' who wrote the original piece of rubbish

She deliberately censors the truth

She is in that job as she is related to a former writer, which is all rather establishment on her part

01 222 2201
    Email Address

Contact details:

You would have to wonder, do the folks at Fold not have ‘respect and dignity’ for themselves to stand up for themselves and challenge these people who they helped?

Do they even care what a mockery they make of housing?

No doubt, some of these NGO workers themselves commute, save, work, pay rent for these ingrates to get free luxury apartments

• Site Banned Posts: 47 Saralace

How do I sign up for luxury housing

• Registered Users Posts: 82,819 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

Is he connected/banging someone who assigns housing, makes no sense otherwise if he was working back then in Canada. Single people with no offspring are bottom of housing lists.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,899 ✭✭✭yosser hughes

She deliberately censors the truth

She is in that job as she is related to a former writer, which is all rather establishment on her part

She's related to two current and former writers.
    Mummy was Mary Holland and Daddy is Eamon McCann.
    She's an activist with a typewriter. A privileged one at that.
    However she didn't grant Mr. Karim his apartment in Rathgar. Strings were pulled and due diligence was not done or was ignored on his application.
    Kitty Holland is what she is but the real problems are with the faceless bureaucracy and elected officials that facilitate people like Mr. Karim.
    There are several local and national politicians queuing up to commiserate and advocate for Mr. Karim and the other so called ' victims' of this great injustice.
    Bear in mind this has been going on under a supposedly 'conservative' government. The opposition are fine with this largesse and invariably advocate for a lot more.
    Have you heard one elected person asking the obvious questions that are raised with this story?
    This is policy across the board. Nothing will change until tax payers start demanding a change.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,161 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

Another thing that needs to be acknowledged and curtailed is the huge influence that unelected NGO's have in this country and they're driving a lot of this.

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,802 ✭✭✭✭suicide_circus

What is an NGO?

Essentially an unelected private lobby group that frequently receives state funding. They tell governments what to do with tax payers money in exchange for tax payers money. They privatise "empathy" and sell it back to the state. Money out of thin air.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,841 ✭✭✭TomTomTim

Another thing that needs to be acknowledged and curtailed is the huge influence that unelected NGO's have in this country and they're driving a lot of this.

NGOs would have little power if it wasn't for all their allies in the media.

“The man who lies to himself can be more easily offended than anyone else. You know it is sometimes very pleasant to take offense, isn't it? A man may know that nobody has insulted him, but that he has invented the insult for himself, has lied and exaggerated to make it picturesque, has caught at a word and made a mountain out of a molehill--he knows that himself, yet he will be the first to take offense, and will revel in his resentment till he feels great pleasure in it.”- ― Fyodor Dostoevsky, The Brothers Karamazov

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,161 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

A holdover from our poorer past and the foundation of the state where the government handed over responsibility in many areas(health, education) to the church. It was actually a good idea at the time and considering the times, but the NGO's many of them coming from that origin have outstayed their welcome and there's too damned many of them sucking on the public teat. How many asylum seeker/refugee/migrant NGOs are there? How many just dealing with the homeless? There's a scary amount of overlap and sheer unadulterated waste.

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,678 ✭✭✭Selik

Great work on this thread so far in highlighting such clear abuse of our very generous housing arrangements for some.

This should not be allowed to just wither away and be forgotten, even if Mr Karim and a few others might hope will happen. In a way he was played by he Irish Times, and unfortunately took the bait.

He should have kept his head down and tried to integrate himself into his local community. Doubt he would be very popular with them right now for the unwanted attention it's drawn, same for the others on that Newstalk puff piece.

I'm going to contact fold shortly, once I think of what to say. After that maybe the TDs in my constituency, which happens to be the same one as Marianella.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,503 ✭✭✭✭Mad_maxx

John Mcguirk put it well

" the NGO sector is the common agricultural policy for Dublin 6 "

• Registered Users Posts: 13,503 ✭✭✭✭Mad_maxx

What is an NGO?

Essentially an unelected private lobby group that frequently receives state funding. They tell governments what to do with tax payers money in exchange for tax payers money. They privatise "empathy" and sell it back to the state. Money out of thin air.

they also provide over for Politicians who dont want to be seen to have directly been the source of various ideas , NGO,s are the reason that the stripe of a sitting minister is often irrelevant , the real power and influence is with the left wing activists , we see this with the sham " citizens assembly " etc

• Closed Accounts Posts: 763 ✭✭✭doublejobbing 2

Caquas wrote: »

Sinn Fein attracted most left-wing voters in the general election -

Actually SF attracted the most right wing voters. People who would refuse to vote for FF FG because "they hand out houses first to foreigners for nothing" completely unaware that compared to SF intentions FF FG are comparatively Trump like.

Low information voters they are called in the US.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,492 ✭✭✭Sir Oxman

Mad_maxx wrote: »
    John Mcguirk put it well

" the NGO sector is the common agricultural policy for Dublin 6 "
    That's a great line in fairness!

Advertisement