Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Price please

Options
  • 16-11-2020 6:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 19

Im looking to put in a driveway I have all relevant planning, I need a price on digging out soil and re locating a gullie to the roadside and in filling the entrance dished area with 150mm of finished concrete with A393 Steel mesh.
    Gullie has to be finished with Mastic asphalt.
    Im based in South Countty Dublin and have all relevant planning in place, contractor will require a Road opening licence.
    Any idea of the cost lads?

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,468 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

Im looking to put in a driveway I have all relevant planning, I need a price on digging out soil and re locating a gullie to the roadside and in filling the entrance dished area with 150mm of finished concrete with A393 Steel mesh.
    Gullie has to be finished with Mastic asphalt.
    Im based in South Countty Dublin and have all relevant planning in place, contractor will require a Road opening licence.
    Any idea of the cost lads?

This is a bug bear of mine.
    SDCC don’t do any public oath dishing for new vehicular entrances anymore. Which means you need a contractor that has the relevant insurances that’s quite high for LA works, familiar with the online application process for the licence and then to do the works.

https://maproadroadworkslicensing.ie/MRL/

This is a €750 job in DCC area, but I’d fear your looking at a €5k bill for your job.

• Registered Users Posts: 19 leovaradkar

Gumbo wrote: »
    This is a bug bear of mine.
    SDCC don’t do any public oath dishing for new vehicular entrances anymore. Which means you need a contractor that has the relevant insurances that’s quite high for LA works, familiar with the online application process for the licence and then to do the works.

https://maproadroadworkslicensing.ie/MRL/

This is a €750 job in DCC area, but I’d fear your looking at a €5k bill for your job.
    Got a Quote for €3700 plus vat and waiting on another.Its impossible to get a quote never mind getting it done.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,468 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

Got a Quote for €3700 plus vat and waiting on another.Its impossible to get a quote never mind getting it done.

Most of my contractor list wouldn’t do it either tbh.
    They couldn’t be bothered with all the registrations and insurances etc for such a small job.

Could be an area for someone to set them selves up in.

Looking to cost a job as a type of self build.
    Starting off with Mini digger with operative and small Dumper and small tipper to remove approx 4 x 7.5 ton loads
    Decent access for 1.5 to 3 ton digger.

Got sorted, found a guy on Gumtree absolutely brilliant.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,310 ✭✭✭Pkiernan

Got sorted, found a guy on Gumtree absolutely brilliant.

Can you share your costs for future searches?

Got that done and delighted with it, dug it out stoned less than a day concreted in an hour and gone came back for the barriers the next day and asphalted the gullie. Cleared my back yard and removed 3 loads as well and was cheaper than the other guy.
    So happy with the outcome.

Pkiernan wrote: »
    Can you share your costs for future searches?

He gave me an all in price for back garden and a concrete entrance plus removal of all the debris from both. Came well recommended.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 10,140 Mod ✭✭✭✭BryanF

Recommendations by PM, as per forum charter

BryanF wrote: »

???

• Advertisement

???

please read the forum charter before posting again
    https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055036302

BryanF wrote: »

I think you are jumping the Gun, and I did read the Charter

I only said he came recommended.
    I didnt and I wasnt going to recommend and no one asked, even for PM.r.

2.1 If you are not happy for any reason with the moderation of the forum then you may send a Private Message(PM) to one of the moderators and if this does not address your concerns you should then send a PM to one of the category mods. If this does not address your concerns you should then send a PM to help desk

Advertisement