Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Looking for Dentist north County Dublin

• 21-11-2020 10:52am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 602 ✭✭✭

Looking for a new dentist in north county dublin or louth.
    Also is it possible to find a dentist that was trained in Singapore? I don’t know if the training is the same now but it was great the way my old dentist would clean or repair teeth.
    Had a dentist in England that was Singapore trained. He was brilliant. Due to travel restrictions I cannot fly over.
    I don’t understand why the dentist fill teeth here but do not bring the tooth repair up to the teeth height. E.g. bit of the tooth chipped off but instead of building the tooth fill back up the filling would be lower.
    Also if part of the new filling falls out within a few days you try to get another appointment it would be during the day or a few weeks later.
    I have a dentist here but I find it almost impossible to get an appointment even before covid19.
    I don’t understand why a receptionist would offer you an appointment during the day when you cannot take time off but would offer someone who is not working evening appointments? Very frustrating.
    Any suggestions welcome.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,762 ✭✭✭✭Inquitus

tvjunki wrote: »
    Looking for a new dentist in north county dublin or louth.
    Also is it possible to find a dentist that was trained in Singapore? I don’t know if the training is the same now but it was great the way my old dentist would clean or repair teeth.
    Had a dentist in England that was Singapore trained. He was brilliant. Due to travel restrictions I cannot fly over.
    I don’t understand why the dentist fill teeth here but do not bring the tooth repair up to the teeth height. E.g. bit of the tooth chipped off but instead of building the tooth fill back up the filling would be lower.
    Also if part of the new filling falls out within a few days you try to get another appointment it would be during the day or a few weeks later.
    I have a dentist here but I find it almost impossible to get an appointment even before covid19.
    I don’t understand why a receptionist would offer you an appointment during the day when you cannot take time off but would offer someone who is not working evening appointments? Very frustrating.
    Any suggestions welcome.

Smiles in Swords is a decent enough Dentist and their pricing is reasonable, the young female Dentist who used to work there, and may still do, trained in England I believe.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,959 ✭✭✭kravmaga

Swords Dental on 66 Main Street are excellent.

http://swords-dental.ie/

Advertisement