Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gameweek 9 Matchday Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,254 ✭✭✭✭Father Hernandez

22 points for Bruno (C) will do nicely.

60 from 9.

Zaha and Soucek to go.

VHEWT.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,847 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

53 from 7

• Registered Users Posts: 42,092 ✭✭✭✭Scorpion Sting

48 (-4) assuming current bonuses stay the same.

Fernandes’ captain points were very fortuitous the way it panned out.

DCL, Jota, Robbo and KWP to go.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,447 ✭✭✭Ginger n Lemon

Everything is well that ends well. Albeit that WBA peno VAR overruled was pretty nervy. Thankfully it was overruled.

Alex Telles cudve had a different debut but hopefully he ll get something from Southampton game. 51 from 7

• Registered Users Posts: 7,671 ✭✭✭ScummyMan

49 from 9

Happy with that, top 10k average predicted to be 33

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,551 ✭✭✭✭siblers

48 from 7. Hopefully I can kick on again tomorrow and try gain some ground

• Registered Users Posts: 3,672 ✭✭✭ElTel

Sick of that run of calls against WBA.
    Thought there was a foul on a WBA player two passes before the pen as well!!!!
    34 from 7

• Registered Users Posts: 17,191 ✭✭✭✭Shanotheslayer

49 from 6 on a WC

• Registered Users Posts: 7,054 ✭✭✭wanderer100

29 from 5 ... ughh

• Registered Users Posts: 2,751 ✭✭✭Thepoet85

43 from 4. Massive day tomorrow with 7 left to play. Could be a huge week if things go right.

• Advertisement

Thepoet85 wrote: »
    43 from 4. Massive day tomorrow with 7 left to play. Could be a huge week if things go right.

Nice scoring. Who have you left?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,751 ✭✭✭Thepoet85

Nice scoring. Who have you left?

McCarthy Justin Mitchell Zaha Podence Vardy DCL.

Could be one of those weeks, could be meh, but a nice start.

Thepoet85 wrote: »
    McCarthy Justin Mitchell Zaha Podence Vardy DCL.

Could be one of those weeks, could be meh, but a nice start.

Off to a good start anyway, rather the points on the table that potential points. GL.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,362 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

I really worked hard on my reverse jinxing of United and Bruno there. Nice to see it pay off

• Registered Users Posts: 4,669 ✭✭✭sheroman01

16pts from 5. You can guess what player I didn't have! Didn't think a -4 would be worth it. McCarthy, Justin, Taylor, Podence, DCL and Vardy (c) left. Few goals from Vardy would be nice!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,783 ✭✭✭Benimar

48 from 7. Fell very fortunate to get 22 from my captain. On another night he ends up with 4. Will take it though.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,236 ✭✭✭✭CSF

Half of bruno’s 14 premier league goals are penalties.

He is an fpl points magnet....and not in my team.

Yeah, the criticism has often been justified. But tonight he was probably worth more than his actual haul even without the peno.

To clarify, United had a total xG of 2.43 tonight. Bruno’s combined xG and xA were 2.04. That’s relentless.

West Brom had a higher xG in the game than United did in moves that weren’t assisted or shot by Bruno.

Hold on, scratch that, Bruno had a higher xG and xA than any other TEAM did today.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,083 ✭✭✭Chesty08

CSF wrote: »
    Yeah, the criticism has often been justified. But tonight he was probably worth more than his actual haul even without the peno.

To clarify, United had a total xG of 2.43 tonight. Bruno’s combined xG and xA were 2.04. That’s relentless.

West Brom had a higher xG in the game than United did in moves that weren’t assisted or shot by Bruno.

What is your source for stats like this?

• Registered Users Posts: 19,705 ✭✭✭✭Ace2007

CSF wrote: »

I know we've had this out before, but if Bruno wasn't on penalties - i don't think his ownership would be as high as it is - regardless of what his xG is or isn't. Therefore getting penalty decisions go his way is a big reason why people have him.

If I'm a reading this table correctly in that it shows the Bruno's goal tally is actually higher his expected goals?
    https://understat.com/league/EPL/2020

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,551 ✭✭✭✭siblers

Ace2007 wrote: »
    I know we've had this out before, but if Bruno wasn't on penalties - i don't think his ownership would be as high as it is - regardless of what his xG is or isn't. Therefore getting penalty decisions go his way is a big reason why people have him.

If I'm a reading this table correctly in that it shows the Bruno's goal tally is actually higher his expected goals?

If he wasn't on penalties, I wouldn't go near him based on Utd's current form.

Chesty08 wrote: »
    What is your source for stats like this?

Understat.com

We aren’t disagreeing in the slightest. I’m literally just talking about today. I brought him in this week, like many others due to the plum fixture and a lack of captaincy options.

I will judge him as we go along, but today was a huge step in the right direction in terms of keeping him for a little while. If he is going to be good for penalties alone again, I won’t be keeping him because I don’t consider it a reliable point source.

• Registered Users Posts: 642 ✭✭✭joeyboy11

I don’t think many would pay 10.5+ for him if he wasn’t on pens. It’s too harsh to say it’s all on the pens though. He’s one of the top players in the league, assists for fun and a bps magnet. With all his potential possibilities for points (incl pens) I think he’ll match if not better the likes of Salah and Kdb over the season which is excellent value.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,191 ✭✭✭✭Shanotheslayer

If Bruno was in a different team and not on Pens he's a "Season keeper"

He's at United at on Pens and near close to having always. He was incredible today from FPL perspective

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,129 ✭✭✭Lundstram

Amazed to see a green arrow with 40 points, 50k > 37k. Not captaining Bruno didn’t hurt as much as I thought. EO below 100% obviously.

Robertson, Coufal, Soucek and DCL to play.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,355 ✭✭✭Jim Gazebo

26 from 5 on wildcard. Bit disappointed with it, but lots of football to be played. Those with big hauls today can still be reeled in. Down 100k overall and lost about 20 points on main rivals in money league by not captaining Bruno and not having son.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,067 ✭✭✭eggy81

40 points with no hits with hamez dcl Robertson zaha and semedo to play still. Could still go either way.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,068 ✭✭✭Tipsy McSwagger

Werner could have been the really big differential yesterday but he blew it big time.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,083 ✭✭✭Chesty08

Jim Gazebo wrote: »
    26 from 5 on wildcard. Bit disappointed with it, but lots of football to be played. Those with big hauls today can still be reeled in. Down 100k overall and lost about 20 points on main rivals in money league by not captaining Bruno and not having son.

I don’t think there where any big hauls yesterday (well not that I’ve seen).

49 from 9 on WC, rose from 208k OR. To 96k. Expecting a drop off after tonight fixtures, just really hope I can stay close to where I started the GW at this stage

Advertisement