Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gameweek 9 Matchday Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 36,259 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

Many online annoyed about the Bruno haul.

As non owner, I am too.

But its just a case of your luck being in or out yesterday. That's all. And that is part of the game.

Bruno was a standout pick. Home to a bad team, who have a couple of players with Covid. My logic for not bringing him in was that I wanted rid of Foden first, and I don't want to lose Salah. And I didn't want to take a hit. Also, Utd are toothless right now when the onus is on them. So I bet on them struggling, which they did.

But I can't be mad that a penalty taker (who is picked hugely because of that), who was the best option on the team with the best fixture this GW, got a decent score.

I'm just frustrated that I seem to be out of luck at the moment. That's all.

But there are GWs, and sometimes full seasons, where that is the case. You can only plough on.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,067 ✭✭✭eggy81

League leader in my league had mendy Maguire konsa zouma telles son and Bruno captain. He’s sitting on 71pts with lacazette and dcl to play. Kane and ziyech were the other 2 players. Streaking away into the distance today but how lucky with the Chelsea and united clean sheets the way the games went.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,705 ✭✭✭✭Ace2007

joeyboy11 wrote: »
    I don’t think many would pay 10.5+ for him if he wasn’t on pens. It’s too harsh to say it’s all on the pens though. He’s one of the top players in the league, assists for fun and a bps magnet. With all his potential possibilities for points (incl pens) I think he’ll match if not better the likes of Salah and Kdb over the season which is excellent value.

Facts aren’t harsh though - many have paid 11/12m for Mane/Sterling even though they aren’t on penalties, therefore dunno how you can say that Bruno is more than just a penalty taker, and is a bps magnet, BUT you wouldn’t pay 10.5m for him if he wasn’t on penalties.

Your also not quantifying his price tag with that statement though - for instance KDB hasn’t done much this season at all, and might not be a big scorer this season - would you be expecting Bruno to get 250/300 points? What would you be expecting Son to get or Grealish - only then can you really say is his points excellent value.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,187 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

51 points (600 overall), with Vardy, DCL, KWP and McCarthy to play still. Currently in the top 5000 worldwide, so still flying pretty high :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 805 ✭✭✭SameOleJay

What on earth

• Registered Users Posts: 11,254 ✭✭✭✭Father Hernandez

DCL goal after 40 seconds. (Richarlison)

• Registered Users Posts: 17,191 ✭✭✭✭Shanotheslayer

Lol.

DCL GOAL. Richi Ass

• Registered Users Posts: 22,625 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

Sigh, still don't own him

• Registered Users Posts: 9,068 ✭✭✭Tipsy McSwagger

Beautiful

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,254 ✭✭✭✭Father Hernandez

Sigh, still don't own him

Ditto. I said the below on October 1st
    I'm refusing to get DCL in my team cause I'm stupidly stubborn

This is how I looked that day.

joker-03031-high-res-jpeg.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 2,355 ✭✭✭Jim Gazebo

Chesty08 wrote: »
    I don’t think there where any big hauls yesterday (well not that I’ve seen).

49 from 9 on WC, rose from 208k OR. To 96k. Expecting a drop off after tonight fixtures, just really hope I can stay close to where I started the GW at this stage

Yeah I overreacted tbh. More frustration I think. Really not as bad as I made out. Lots to play yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,246 ✭✭✭Widdensushi

Captain DCL could rescue my week, it will take more than one goal though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,089 ✭✭✭Happy4all

Beginning to think Werner ahead of DCL a big mistake

• Registered Users Posts: 13,771 ✭✭✭✭JPA

BDR 1-1

DCL Diss for offside

• Registered Users Posts: 12,551 ✭✭✭✭siblers

DCL Diss for offside

Correct call?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,246 ✭✭✭Widdensushi

DCL could so easily have a hattrick already.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,089 ✭✭✭Happy4all

Worrying

siblers wrote: »
    Correct call?

Aye just off. VAR wasn't even needed.

Richi nearly scored also. Would have been DCL ass.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,022 ✭✭✭jamesbere

You know it's one of those false hope days. Early goal and then a host of wasted chances and with a booking at the end

• Registered Users Posts: 212 ✭✭Tiger Roll

That Fulham defence and goalkeeper will give up many chances yet ..

DCL goal.

Digne ass.

Superb goal

• Registered Users Posts: 5,675 ✭✭✭dr.kenneth noisewater

Still dont have DCL

Went to VAR. Just onside. Phew.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,022 ✭✭✭jamesbere

jamesbere wrote: »
    You know it's one of those false hope days. Early goal and then a host of wasted chances and with a booking at the end

Reverse psychology works

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,714 ✭✭✭ThewhiteJesus

I’ve had DCL all season, what a man.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,068 ✭✭✭Tipsy McSwagger

Beautiful x2

• Registered Users Posts: 17,267 ✭✭✭✭gammygils

Dommo double

Beaut :D

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 396 ✭✭Open the Pubs

Buzzing, brought in DCL and captained him! Well in Dominic!

Advertisement