If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sony A8 - 55"

Options
  • 21-11-2020 1:59pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,738 ✭✭✭

Afternoon!

Been going back and forth the last few days on the LG CX and the Sony A8, both 55's.

I don't really care for gaming, maybe play an hour or two every month or so. Everything I've read said the A8 is better than the CX (for picture & sound) if you're not into gaming, whats your take on it?

Additionaly, what deal could you do on a sanus wall mount (VLL5 - the slim profile one) with this tv?

Cheers!

Comments

• Company Representative Posts: 4,457 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: DavidS

Naos wrote: »
    Afternoon!

Been going back and forth the last few days on the LG CX and the Sony A8, both 55's.

I don't really care for gaming, maybe play an hour or two every month or so. Everything I've read said the A8 is better than the CX (for picture & sound) if you're not into gaming, whats your take on it?

Additionaly, what deal could you do on a sanus wall mount (VLL5 - the slim profile one) with this tv?

Cheers!
    Hi Naos,

Thanks for the post!

To be honest there isn't a whole lot separating them however I have one of the A8s out on display and it does have a slightly better image for colour!

They both use an LG panel but the Sony uses a different processor! I have an LG myself so you won't be disappointed with either!

I can do a Sanus VLL5 for £40!

Let me know what you think!

Kind regards

David

• Registered Users Posts: 4,738 ✭✭✭Naos

Afternoon!

Cheers!
    Hi Naos,

Thanks for the post!

To be honest there isn't a whole lot separating them however I have one of the A8s out on display and it does have a slightly better image for colour!

They both use an LG panel but the Sony uses a different processor! I have an LG myself so you won't be disappointed with either!

Kind regards

David
    Let's do it - what way do you want me to place the order?

• Company Representative Posts: 17,276 ✭✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Kenny

Afternoon!

Cheers!
    Hi Naos,

Thanks for the post!

Kind regards

David
    Hey Naos.

If you drop me your contact number in a PM we can drop you a call to finalise the order:)

Afternoon!

Cheers!
    Hi Naos,

Thanks for the post!

Kind regards

David
    Hey Naos.

If you drop me your contact number in a PM we can drop you a call to finalise the order:)
    Thanks Kenny - dropped you a PM, can you give me a shout?

• Company Representative Posts: 17,276 ✭✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Kenny

Afternoon!

Cheers!
    Hi Naos,

Thanks for the post!

Kind regards

David
    Hey Naos.

Hey Naos.

I will drop you a call ASAP.

• Advertisement

Afternoon!

Cheers!
    Hi Naos,

Thanks for the post!

Kind regards

David
    Hey Naos.

Hey Naos.

Hey Kenny - can you give me a shout? PMed my number to you. Thanks

Afternoon!

Cheers!
    Hi Naos,

Thanks for the post!

Kind regards

David
    Hey Naos.

Hey Naos.

Hi Naos,

Kenny is off today but I'm working through his PMs, we'll be in contact asap.

Kind regards

David

Afternoon!

Cheers!
    Hi Naos,

Thanks for the post!

Kind regards

David
    Hey Naos.

Hey Naos.

Hi Naos,

Kind regards

David
    Thanks David - was meant to get a call yesterday evening and then this morning.. really want to get this order in as I'd like the tv by the weekend..

Afternoon!

Cheers!
    Hi Naos,

Thanks for the post!

Kind regards

David
    Hey Naos.

Hey Naos.

Hi Naos,

Kind regards

David
    Thanks David - was meant to get a call yesterday evening and then this morning.. really want to get this order in as I'd like the tv by the weekend..
    I'll try you again in 2 mins

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.