Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

DSL - old router able to pick up broadband, others not?

• 21-11-2020 4:07pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,526 ✭✭✭

So recently in my home house, DSL broadband suddenly started throwing up an orange light on the vodafone router.

I brought down an old Eircom one and it worked without issues. I still rang Vodafone at the time to tell them and the rep said there was some surge that was causing the issue on the router. Fast forward a few weeks and engineer rang to say they fixed the fault.

Only got chance to check router again today to find same issue still happens. Green lights on old Eircom router with no issue connecting,, constant orange light on the vodafone one, and since switching to sky last week, orange on that too.

Anyone any ideas? Possible that the older router isn't affected by this "surge"? Or is that some nonsense?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,427 ✭✭✭CoBo55

Is it the old Netopia router? They were feckin brilliant, they'd scour the last kilobit out of your line. I think they were Motorola under the skin.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,170 ✭✭✭✭ED E

My best bet is someone patched you onto the wrong port in the exchange. Otherwise your sky one would Auth properly.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,526 ✭✭✭joe123

Il have a look when im down again but at a guess the router is close to ten years old and works.

Will give sky the week just to see if there is some delay with moving over. If not il give them a call towards the end of the week.

Advertisement