Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How do I study Physics???

Options
  • 22-11-2020 1:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 23

I do it outside school once a week and none of it makes any sense. I don’t know how to make it make sense. I’ve tried thephysicsteacher.ie and it makes even less sense. What do I do?

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,222 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

Why did you choose it?

Go back to basics. It will not make sense if you do not understand the basic principles.

• Registered Users Posts: 23 tiktoktoegirl

spurious wrote: »
    Why did you choose it?

Go back to basics. It will not make sense if you do not understand the basic principles.

I need it for college abroad

• Registered Users Posts: 15,382 ✭✭✭✭rainbowtrout

I need it for college abroad

If you can't understand it, then you might need to get grinds. It's a lovely subject, but it suits people who are mathematically/mechanically minded best. If you've only started and you are having difficulty, you should get help, it's a long two years.

• Registered Users Posts: 23 tiktoktoegirl

If you can't understand it, then you might need to get grinds. It's a lovely subject, but it suits people who are mathematically/mechanically minded best. If you've only started and you are having difficulty, you should get help, it's a long two years.

I do it as a grind outside school already once a week (I don’t do it in school), I average a H2/3 in maths & a H1 in chemistry so my numeracy skills shouldn’t be the issue..

My issue isn’t the calculations or formulas, it’s just that it doesn’t “click” in my brain idk

I’m on mechanics btw

• Registered Users Posts: 15,382 ✭✭✭✭rainbowtrout

I do it as a grind outside school already once a week (I don’t do it in school), I average a H2/3 in maths & a H1 in chemistry so my numeracy skills shouldn’t be the issue..

My issue isn’t the calculations or formulas, it’s just that it doesn’t “click” in my brain idk

I’m on mechanics btw

There are some aspects of mechanics that are tricky. I would suggest you make a list of the things that you don't understand as they crop up and ask your grinds teacher to explain those concepts to you.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 26,402 Mod ✭✭✭✭Peregrine

If the issue is with understanding the concepts as opposed to the calculations then I would forget the likes of thephysicsteacher.ie and focus on conceptual videos on YouTube or something like Khan Academy which generally looks at basic problems. https://www.khanacademy.org/science/high-school-physics

Advertisement