Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Satellite speakers for TV

Options
  • 22-11-2020 3:05pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,499 ✭✭✭

Hi,

My dad is getting a bit hard of hearing and struggles to hear the TV, as such he has the volume very load on his TV.

I'm looking for any recommendations on Bluetooth speaker that we could connect to his TV and have the speak beside his seat.

Do anyone have sure a set up?

Also I have considered headphones but Im not sure he would like them and he wouldn't be able to hear any ambient noise such as doorbell or phone.

Budget for something would be about 300-400 euro.

Thanks.

4.3kWp South facing PV System. South Dublin

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 242 ✭✭joficeduns1

Bluetooth could introduce latency between picture and sound, so I would tend to avoid that. I'm sure there are some options though, YMMV.

What does he watch mostly? Is it dialogue and speech he struggles with? Any upgrade to use an external sound system should be an improvement over the TV's in-built speakers. The problem may lie in sound dispersion though. The important sounds are being muddied into all the ambient sound effects.

In a surround sound setup, centre speakers are key for this and a lot of content these days is mixed for these setups. You could look into a cheap 3.0 setup (a centre speaker with a left and right channel) with an AV receiver, and boost the centre channel's volume only, meaning that dialogue will be clearer and the rest of the sound effects can be minimised. You may need to stretch the budget slightly, but take a look on Adverts and Facebook marketplace etc.

A simpler solution may be to look into soundbars, however I wouldn't recommend them. Unless you spend a mad amount of money, the problem will remain that the mix of sound will be too condensed in one speaker, and be hard to discern.

Advertisement