Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wahoo elemnt not syncing with strava

Options
  • 22-11-2020 3:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,563 ✭✭✭

Usually works flawlessly but over the last few weeks my rides haven't uploaded to strava.
    I've tried updating wahoo and removing both apps and reinstalling no joy. Anyone having similar issues and found a solution?

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 49,572 CMod ✭✭✭✭magicbastarder

does the wahoo software transfer to strava locally or remotely?

IIRC the flow for a garmin device is garmin device > garmin app on phone > garmin servers > strava servers > strava app on phone.

if it's similar with the wahoo, the issue might not be with your apps.

• Registered Users Posts: 937 ✭✭✭Luxman

I usually have to at least open the app on the phone when the spin is finished, the wahoo then sync's but I have to open the app to get this started. Once its started the cross over to Strava happens okay. Its not 100% automatic although I believe it should be. I have updated the firmware as soon as it comes out, but the problem persists.

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

does the wahoo software transfer to strava locally or remotely?

IIRC the flow for a garmin device is garmin device > garmin app on phone > garmin servers > strava servers > strava app on phone.

if it's similar with the wahoo, the issue might not be with your apps.

Wahoo's use your phone only if required. Normally they hit your WiFi at home and sync before the auto shutdown period.

Garmin have connect, Wahoo don't really have the same so syncs are probably direct but I've not snooped the traffic.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,563 ✭✭✭Fingers Mcginty

Sorted... thanks all

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 6,848 Mod ✭✭✭✭eeeee

How'd you sort it? I have a similar issue with TrainingPeaks.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 928 ✭✭✭monkeyslayer

Yes how did you sort it? Mine stopped syncing automatically a long time ago

• Registered Users Posts: 2,563 ✭✭✭Fingers Mcginty

A good samaritan pmd me.
    My rides were already uploading to the phone so no problems there just not syncing to strava.
    What was advised was to record a quick fake ride. When it uploads to the phone go into the app on the phone and select the fake ride.
    Click on the 3 dots and upload manually.
    Check that it has uploaded to strava. Then you have to de authorise atrava in the settings on the wahoo settings on your phone and reauthorise. After doing this it works fine.
    For some reason on my strava app it defaults to "following" and i don't follow anyone on strava. But my rides still don't show up. I have to select "me" in the app and then it seems to work fine.
    Big thread on reddit about people having issues
    Hopefully this works for you. :)

Advertisement