Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Canon 6D Mark ii Not Turning On!?

Options
  • 22-11-2020 7:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 22

Hi All,

I have a Canon 6D Mark ii just over a year old (out of warranty) that I haven't used in a few weeks, Took it out yesterday and turned it on. Dead as a door nail. Thought it might be the battery (Canon brand) so made sure it was charged to full. Put it back in, no joy. I've seen loads of 'tips' videos on youtube and spent hours online researching but nothing works. Any tips before I send it off to be repaired and am charged an arm and a leg?

Thanks, :confused:

Dufresne

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 248 ✭✭jbv

Did you try with another battery?

The PCB board on my 6D Mark 1 had to be replaced from using a fake Canon battery bought online.
    Learned my lesson and used only genuine Canon batteries purchased from local camera shops.

It cost me something around €350 to replace with ISS (Image supply systems)

I would go with Eoghan from F/1.0 camera repair for an advice and repair instead.
    He will be open for business from the 2nd of December, I think.
    Check his website or facebook, search for F/1.0 Camera repair.

• Registered Users Posts: 22 dufresne2011

Thanks for the referral jbv. It's a genuine canon battery that came with the camera brand new. I'm putting it in for repair today in the shop where I bought it. fingers crossed it doesn't cost a fortune to get fixed.

• Registered Users Posts: 248 ✭✭jbv

Thanks for the referral jbv. It's a genuine canon battery that came with the camera brand new. I'm putting it in for repair today in the shop where I bought it. fingers crossed it doesn't cost a fortune to get fixed.

Try another battery in the shop, you never know.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,311 ✭✭✭✭endacl

It’s not out of warranty, by the way. It’s just out of the 12 month period within which the retailer agrees not to attempt to wriggle out of their responsibility to remedy the situation under the Sale of Goods act. It suits retailers to have us believe this is the limit of their obligations as sellers. Many of them actually believe it themselves.

Familiarise yourself with your rights and their responsibilities before proceeding.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,896 ✭✭✭Irishphotodesk

As was mentioned - your camera should have a reasonable expectation of life, the 12 month warranty is a bit of a misnomer, when the law says otherwise.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,805 ✭✭✭SouthWesterly

Did you have any joy with getting it fixed?

My 77d has died. My problem is I can't remember who I bought from.

Advertisement